[May 2023 ] Recruit Equipment & Resonance - #RERTest

Ravi-Sama

Recruit Equipment - #RERTest -> 9000 koban (HH Test Server)  

138 members have voted

1. 1. You looking forward to this addition to the game?

2. 2. Do you understand how it'll work?

3. 3. Do you like the Equipment Pachinko?

4. 4. What abbreviation(s) do you like for the new Equipment Pachinko orbs? (multiple choice)

• EqP (Equipment Pachinko)
    • REP (Recruit Equipment Pachinko)
    • GEP (Girl Equipment Pachinko)
    • GGP (Girl Gear Pachinko)
    • None. I'll brainstorm something else in the comments.
    • QP (eQuipment Pachinko)
    • FOKK (Fuck Off Kinkoid)
  5. 5. Do you think the way the QP orbs are distributed in events and cards are fair (8/16, 10/20, 6/12)?

15 minutes ago, zzzzzzzzzz said:

Any quick guidelines for us filthy casuals? Ignore this completely? Grab equipments as quick as you can (or stock up orbs?) and equip on current blessed team? Only level up mythic gears? Burn all the orbs with fire?

Nuke it from ORB-it

• Haha 7
  • Hearts 1

My strat for the beginning before even starting uppgrading anything is to fill out 42 pieces of equipment on 7 girls  right now in the start i Will settle for any rarity i can get my hands on after That i Will start using what i think of in my head as the awakening strategy which means i will not Focus a single piece of equipment my strategy instead have more to do with material efficency which means I will uppgrade every equipment evenly to maximize stat gain for as little equipment Cost as possible🤔

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Rylarth said:

My strat for the beginning ...

That is my thinking too. Unfortunately that does mean a lot of micromanagement when replacing gear with slightly better gear and deciding what can now safely be used to upgrade.

I will give it until my silver card runs out, because who knows, I could be wrong. But I expect this will end my return to HH. I simply don't like the direction the game is heading, and has been heading for a few years now. I don't even like most of the new girls. :(

Edit: Have the rewards for PoV and PoG have been retroactively changed to include the new FOKK orbs? Or did I just not notice the new color?

Edited by Shorty-er
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Shorty-er said:

Edit: Have the rewards for PoV and PoG have been retroactively changed to include the new FOKK orbs? Or did I just not notice the new color?

They have changed.
Guess we would have noticed and mentioned it earlier, if they had been there before.
I did claim all the stuff one or two days ago in PoV, and I definitly don't have more Orbs then those from the Gift today.

4 hours ago, Pelinor said:

PS: How do I tag the new community manager Tohur? He doesn't show up when I type his name after the ampersand symbol.

Try   Tohru - Kinkoid

• Like 2

So, I'm certain most of my initial thoughts of this new dumpster fire feature have already been stated several times. Pay-to-win, obnoxious micromanagement, inventory system is not well-suited to handling dozens of pieces of equipment, etc.

But I'm going to mention one smaller thing I find irritating. Kinkoid finally had an opportunity to update the Equipment Vendor and make him useful. I have literally never purchased from him in the entire game's history, partially because he's so insanely overpriced and partially because it's easy to get equipment from elsewhere. They could have finally made him useful by having him stock girl equipment, but chose to keep him completely useless.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Pelinor said:

PS: How do I tag the new community manager Tohur? He doesn't show up when I type his name after the ampersand symbol.

By simply spelling her name right @Tohru - Kinkoid  :P ;) sorry had to :D

1 MGE over here so far.. and it´s at least one I can somewhat make use for mythic norou and bianca so not too bad ( even though I should have gotten more with the orbs I´ve spend thus far but well.. holy rng being holy rng I guess 😛 (don´t) get me wrong..I didn´t spend anything on the pachinko and I plan to keep it that way..)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Used 50 QP so far.  Got 2 mythic RE and 1 hero ME.  Got 41 initially, then naturally gained some more from PoV, PoG, and the 4th daily goal. 

image.png

I'm using this physical counter team the most in leagues atm, so I just auto-equipped them.  It took 7 clicks.  All done.

image.png

Figured it made sense to equip Taria first, since she's the most blessed this week, at 69%.  That way she'd get the best stuff.

image.png

Bonuses are too small atm for me to care if they really match yet, and it's too early imo to start upgrading anything.  I'll just build up a large stockpile of RE, until I decide which route I want to take.  Still leaning towards a set of 42 level 10 common RE.

They should make it so each item retains the value of items used to upgrade it.
Say you put 100 xp into a common item, and then later on, you find a good rare that
works with the current blessing, you could then use that common item you put items into to upgrade the rare;
adding that 100 xp towards the new item.

Since upgrading another item of a higher quality needs more xp then the lower one, you would never
be able to overlevel the item, and thus not loose out on any of the xp.

This would also make it so any of the lower quality items actually could be used, the way it is now, if you upgrade
any of the low quality stuff, you are throwing xp out the window; not good.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Still leaning towards a set of 42 level 10 common RE.

I read your post about that, and the reactions with calculations. I think especially for casuals (like me) that is a really good idea. I'm wondering how much XP/items and yemen I'll loose in the process, but given that such items will likely be used for quite a while it's likely an acceptable loss. Thanks for highlighting that route.

• Like 2

1 orb per 25 girls in your harem indeed, rounded up it seems. I have 1427 girls and received 58 orbs. This isn't as generous as it sounds.

One really obvious and big problem with the new pachinko is the presence of Hero gear at all, especially Legendary items, which they insisted on keeping despite feedback from the test server phase (initially it was even worse). Getting one lousy legendary equipment piece for the Hero from this is beyond frustrating, it feels like a ripoff. Honestly at this point even Mythic Gear shouldn't be in there. There are many other places they could throw MG as potential rewards and they've been told that they should but they still don't. The presence of Hero equipment in this new MGE-centric pachinko feels like filler to make the process even slower and more random.

I've noticed a few other changes, kind of baby steps in the right direction, but nowhere near enough. I can't fathom how they bothered changing a few of the things they know are obsolete but still left most of them untouched:

image.png

Great, this must mean they FINALLY removed the dead currency from the final chest, right?

image.png

Wrong. Obviously, it's more important that newer players can get a few gems and a handful of cropped thumbnails with a bit of dialogue from the abandoned and evergreen Messenger feature ASAP, than it is to give all players something usable instead of a dead weight for their daily goals... V_v

No change in leagues, regular daily contests, daily missions, season (though we'll have to see with June's), or other pachinkos. But they did throw some new MGE orbs in PoV and PoG:

image.pngimage.png

It looks like the useless Frames in Epic Pachinko is a hill they're willing to die on, though:

image.png

Admitting a mistake and fixing it doesn't make you look weak, you know? Persisting makes you look immature and amateur however.

EDIT: Oh, and CC runs when you have no girl available, as well. Not sure if it's a code issue conflicting with HH++ or they just thought making ridiculously bad rewards look bigger would be a good idea, but they didn't seize this opportunity to throw us a bone there either:

image.png

In any case. This is as shitty as we knew it would be. But I guess since Kinkoid's "PR" (they don't have even one PR person proper, but well their communications in times of community backlash still count as such). Ahem. So, since Kinkoid's official responses to the backlash have been so insistent on pretending this game has anything to do with "RPG", the silver lining should be that the next couple of game-changing features should be the ones that are the most obviously directly copied from RPG and rogue-lites?

Hero's Journey (with skill trees, PXP not being useless past the level cap etc.) and Labyrinth (rogue-lite mode with multiple paths to reach certain goals through random maps). Right? Right? This would be neat, because these looked promising and were actually well-received in the surveys, contrary to this pet project nobody but the Boss wanted, but we got anyway.

Fingers crossed? :/🚬

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Il y a 4 heures, DvDivXXX a dit :

EDIT: Oh, and CC runs when you have no girl available, as well. Not sure if it's a code issue conflicting with HH++ or they just thought making ridiculously bad rewards look bigger would be a good idea, but they didn't seize this opportunity to throw us a bone there either:

It's not due to the script. The ridiculous big display is still there without any script. 

I already added a max size to avoid that:

IMG_20230526_115932.png.797ac659fd7621f622110d32dc5ade6f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hearts 1

There are other Fonts and Pics slightly bigger as well.

First I thought I had something with my eyes, but when I realized that the script doesn't work in many places, it was obvious that not only the code for unvisible stuff has been changed.

And I must say again, this Update is again a sign, that obviously real Gameplay is not intended, and I'm not even referring to the concerns already been stated here.

It's just the way how the new orbs are included into PoV/PoG.
It is okay to swap one thing for another, if it makes sense or is needed.
But to do this into an active Contest is not ok.
PoV had just one day left, why couldn't they just wait to implement it in the new turn?

I had just claimed the rest of the stuff a day before, so no chance to recieve those orbs that have changed at the last day.
And In PoG I only haven't claimed Tier 1110, because it must have been something I store until needed, what if I had done that already?

If they just wanted to give everyone a few extra orbs, they could have made a free bundle.

Throwing something in the Game, that should be intended to benefit everyone, but doesn't is just sad, and it shows a lot. 🙄

Edited by Der DinX
  • Like 5

I'm a GH player, but as I see discussion here, then would like to put my 5 cents as well.

First of all the surway clearly shows that players hate this feature. I just used one orb to get some item to look at it how it works, and honestly I don't see a big gain. And even if there werem then the question is how that then goes together with BDSM system. If there are too many options, basically each system simply eliminates one another if not used hand in hand, so I would say that is a micro management as many players are already mentioning.

So in general there is too complex system which really may confuse players. And I wouldn't take threat of players to leave the game, because already without this I have promoted the game to some of my friends,but they have left saying that it's too complex and takes too much time. And can you imageni, those are new players without huge harem or something, but when it comes to whales like me who has played the game since the very beginning and have difested every new feature and event, even for me it gets too complex. And at the same time it goes back to the beginning of the game where once players got some strong guys/girls, there was no need to geth anything more. So that may shoot Kinkid in the foot if their want to get more money from people.

So and then this is a question what is the aim of the game. Since the very beginning for me it was gathering the harem and enjoying good art and story. But the story get's a bit dull and there are so many gays (guess also girls) that are not that good art quality (even if it's better than since the begginning). So from my perspective the games lacks clear vision where it actually goes. I believe there may not be unlimited events and unlimitd guys/girls in the game. So there should be some sort of clear goal where players may go.

And speaking about art and gameplay, what is absolutely crazy is that with every new feature there something get's broken like the size of icons in the Club, not mentioning that the game is still a bit backwards for mobile players where not all desktop features are avaiable as good. So my suggestion would be working more on quality not quantity that could keep older players and also attract new ones. There seems to be time where it seemed Kinkoid is going there, but not anymore. Like again, while posting new chapter for HH every single week, but not for GH, saying that they aim for better quality, at the same time, the story is still not that different for HH, so it feels as if some parts of the harem are just left behind while working on things that players doens't like or need.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Well, after the announcing, requests for improvements and testing phase, we have the "definitive" version of recruit equipment in the production servers.

Now is time to try to propose some more changes to make it more palatable.

- first of all, we need more orbs, and a lot of them, because as you have read before, the calculations for F2P players is that it would take many years to get a reasonable set of upgraded mythic equipment for a team. 90 kobans for just one orb that most of the time will give you a common item is a bit pricey.

So we need a way to reduce that time as much as possible.

Equipment orbs could be added as rewards in many places, Places of Power (my strong suggestion goes here), daily tasks or missions, season, champions, villains, PoA, etc, just choose some ot these and add one (for tasks that repeat daily) or more orbs (for long duration events).

- second, improving the management of the feature.

We need to reduce the time needed to use these equipments.

Complementary to the unequip all button, I have suggested before a button to equip all girls of a team, that button could be in the team edit/selection page.

Excluding the mythic gear from the autoselect option when upgrading, we don't want to lose our precious mythic gear (as one player told us in the forum).

- third, information

I would like a way to know the recruit equipment that are using the team girls of my opponent player in league or season the same way as I can see the player equipment he is using.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 ore fa, Der DinX ha scritto:

[...]

It's just the way how the new orbs are included into PoV/PoG.

It is okay to swap one thing for another, if it makes sense or is needed.
But to do this into an active Contest is not ok.
PoV had just one day left, why couldn't they just wait to implement it in the new turn?

I had just claimed the rest of the stuff a day before, so no chance to recieve those orbs that have changed at the last day.
And In PoG I only haven't claimed Tier 1110, because it must have been something I store until needed, what if I had done that already?

[...]

I get your point, and you are 100% right. To be fair, the drop rate of the new pachinko makes it so that those 6 extra orbs I got from PoV meant next to nothing in relation to the progression towards the end goal that is "gain and level up 7 sets of girls equipment".

Looking at what I got from the initial 34 orbs I received, I'd argue that even if I had bought PoV's (and PoG's) premium path, the extra 12 (+20) orbs I would have collected probably wouldn't have put me in a better position anyway. 

• Like 2

I agree that it doesn'n make any difference in the end, and I don't think I 'll put much effort in this feature.
If there is something to equip, I'll do. Thats about it. I won't bother about the few less orbs I got.

And as you recognized this isn't even the Point, it is the feeling of "they don't know what they are actually doing, because of not thinking or simple not careing at all".

I'm playing this "Game" for nearly a year now (missing about a month) and am trying for some time now to spend less time with it, or at least reduce the other derivates to a minimum (Story), and concentrate on HH (with less effort).
(Will start a new attempt after PoA is done. Wish me luck to be strong this time.) 😁

And I must say, even if I will miss certain parts of the Game, the Devs don't make it really hard to get more and more averse.
Not to mention, without the scripts I probably wouldn't even have started to see the "Fun" to get deeper involved.
Still have trouble with the Fun Part, but the sripts make it bareble, guess the most fun is here in the forum.
Because real interaction ingame is very limited, and if your club doesn't use the chat, you could as well play only against PVE, wouldn't make a difference.

So yes, I don't care about those few orbs, or this whole feature at all, because there is just no need.
I'm not in high positions in the League and don't intend to.

Edited by Der DinX
  • Like 6

From Patch Notes 21 :

"We will be releasing a survey on further improvements to the feature based on player suggestions & feedback very soon. Thank you for all your help with improving and fleshing out this feature so far!"

@Tohru - Kinkoiddoes this mean that one option on this upcoming survey will be :

"Please, for the love of God, scrap this terrible idea (which even though KK haven't admitted to it, is just an attempt to fleece more money out of their player base)"

I'm asking this, as by far the biggest suggestion given by the players is that we do not want this level of micromanagement. If you'd bothered to read this thread you'd see respected players have calculated how long it will take to obtain decent sets. And they are talking decades. To get the best gear, centuries. The (average) cost to buy enough orbs to get decent gear is something like 1 million koban. It's crazy. If you have to keep this feature, simplify it. Maybe 1 item per girl not 6. If you insist on the 6 items, cut down on resonances for pose & element.

PS Feel free to re-word the actual question. But please give us a choice.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Incubys said:

Please, for the love of God, scrap this terrible idea (which even though KK haven't admitted to it, is just an attempt to fleece more money out of their player base)"

KK's questions go more like this:

Please pick which of these you like the best

A. Girl equipment is the best! I love it!

B. I love it so much I want more equipment! Rings on fingers and toes would be the best!

C. I love it but, I like some of the other awesome updates a bit better!

D. I love it but, I would like Ultra Mythic equipment!

KK comes out.  "The people have spoken the players want more equipment. "

Edited by Redbeard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11
  • Sad 1

Pretty much sums up how they build, use and interpret their surveys, unfortunately. It's always too vague and/or clearly biased a certain way. And I don't even think they're doing this on purpose or with malicious intent: surveys are hard work to make, balance and interpret; you need an actual expert or someone with a lot of experience and time to do a decent job of it. Kinkoid doesn't have either, as most surveys are commissioned by Rosso directly, put together in a hurry with only vague instructions (and no expertise) by one of the CMs, and then grossly misinterpreted by Rosso's "secret" data analyst. It's a recipe for failure. Even the few surveys that included a section asking for feedback about how the surveys were made were railroaded and too restrictive to provide useful constructive feedback.

I had talks with Noacc back when it was him doing a lot of them and he was a bit touchy about the negative feedback, because he did his best and he meant well. But it wasn't anything personal: doing usable professional-level surveys, gathering relevant data from the results and interpreting them meaningfully is a job in its own right. Alas, just like many other things, Kinkoid still takes a very amateur and half-assed approach to it and their boss feels that's "good enough". Agree to disagree, but yeah, nothing any of us can do to convince him otherwise (and I include most Kinkoid staff in that "us", here, not just us, the dedicated player community).

"It is what it is"... 👽🚬

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

surveys are hard work to make, balance and interpret

I have to disagree on this one

Surveys being hard isn't a given. We have one in this forum, which was pretty easy, it's actually this topics first questions. You can do this with the girls equip in an official Kinkoid survey too, just a yes or no question, do you like this addition.

Unless you mean the hard part is asking an easy question if you don't like the expected answer so you have to phrase it accordingly, in that case, surveys are very hard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SamRei said:

I have to disagree on this one

Surveys being hard isn't a given. We have one in this forum, which was pretty easy, it's actually this topics first questions. You can do this with the girls equip in an official Kinkoid survey too, just a yes or no question, do you like this addition.

Unless you mean the hard part is asking an easy question if you don't like the expected answer so you have to phrase it accordingly, in that case, surveys are very hard.

There was this one survey about what mythic girl you wanted to see, and you had to choose like 5 options, meaning some world you had to choose all the availible girls

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• DvDivXXX changed the title to [GG Upgrade - July 2023 - NOW LIVE]([May 2023 ] Recruit Equipment & Resonance - #RERTest)
  • Ravi-Sama changed the title to [May 2023 ] Recruit Equipment & Resonance - #RERTest
  • Ravi-Sama unpinned this topic
  • DvDivXXX pinned this topic