[May 2023 ] Recruit Equipment & Resonance - #RERTest

Ravi-Sama

Recruit Equipment - #RERTest -> 9000 koban (HH Test Server)  

138 members have voted

1. 1. You looking forward to this addition to the game?

2. 2. Do you understand how it'll work?

3. 3. Do you like the Equipment Pachinko?

4. 4. What abbreviation(s) do you like for the new Equipment Pachinko orbs? (multiple choice)

• EqP (Equipment Pachinko)
    • REP (Recruit Equipment Pachinko)
    • GEP (Girl Equipment Pachinko)
    • GGP (Girl Gear Pachinko)
    • None. I'll brainstorm something else in the comments.
    • QP (eQuipment Pachinko)
    • FOKK (Fuck Off Kinkoid)
  5. 5. Do you think the way the QP orbs are distributed in events and cards are fair (8/16, 10/20, 6/12)?

That looks like a very nice implementation:

• Hero gear has been removed, so 100% girls gear now from that Pachinko.
  • The single spin is basically for early game to allow equipping girls as they come. Later it is relevant as upgrade material source only, which is what we were asking for. >35M looks expensive, but probably acceptable, especially in combination with the free spins.
  • Koban prices otherwise have been halved: 2 items for 90 kobans instead of 1. The DG/event/card/etc rewards would need to be adjusted to be 2 spin orbs indeed, otherwise for mid/endgame it would be overall a negative change, without/less free legendary and mythic girls gear sources.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty damn substantial buff, it seems (and right in line with the most vocal feedback we've given them on it):

image.png

1. No more Hero equipment filler!
  2. Free daily spin just like MP and GP.
  3. Introduced two new options (and at least 1 new orb type to go with it; presumably 1 for the other as well). The "2 games" option, which gives 2 GG pieces of any rarity at random, and the "10 games" option that guarantees 1 Legendary piece and also gives 9 other pieces of random rarities.
  4. Changed the only option we had so far to the "1 game option", which costs Ymens! (but on the flip side, cannot roll a higher rarity than Epic). That's the one we get the free daily spin for. The two new options are priced at 90 kobans (what used to be the cost of the "1 game" option, or rather the worse version we still have on prod for now, which can also give Hero filler gear) and 450 kobans respectively:
    image.png
  5. Upgraded the single spin orb from the 4th daily goal chest to a x2 orb, as well as in SE and PoV and Season (but not PoG, surprisingly):
    image.png
    image.png
    image.png

All around great and badly needed changes! Looking forward for it coming to prod (hopefully in tomorrow's patch).

At first glance, it seems weird or maybe even a bit shady that the x10 option guarantees a Legendary rather than a Mythic. But after using up the 36 orbs I've received for the "2 games" option, I got several legendaries and a couple of mythics from that. Since the other 9 pieces in a x10 roll are then same type of random and at the same new cost of 45 kobans per GG piece, it seems pretty fair.

EDIT: The following was an invalid concern due to my TS account being very low level (left in Spoilers for posterity). ^^

Spoiler

One weird thing that seems to have changed in the process (unless it was already different on TS before) and that would suck big big time is that most places that currently give HERO Mythic Gear pieces now appear to give Legendary fodder instead:
image.png

That HAS to be unintended, and I hope it gets noticed and fixed before going to prod (even if it means we don't get the cool GG pachinko upgrade tomorrow).

So yeah! Sounds like a really good change.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

One weird thing that seems to have changed in the process (unless it was already different on TS before) and that would suck big big time is that most places that currently give HERO Mythic Gear pieces now appear to give Legendary fodder instead:

Hum, now I wonder whether I should quickly finish it today (just 472 points missing) and claim the 2 MG before it becomes LG tomorrow. How much do you trust in KK to not merge this bug (cannot be named any different) tomorrow, the way it is still live on test server? Otherwise there is only 2 days left to fix it, before PoV ends.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

I would definitely grab these two MG pieces before the patch just to be safe. I already grabbed mine a couple days ago so I'm not immediately concerned. I also grabbed plenty of x1 GG orbs which will have their spots upgraded into x2 GG orbs, but it doesn't really compare (especially not for the MG piece at the new 25k point milestone on PoV: that's typically something most of us will only be able to reach in half of the 6 PoV formats or less, and barely).

• Like 1

30 minuti fa, DvDivXXX ha scritto:

One weird thing that seems to have changed in the process (unless it was already different on TS before) and that would suck big big time is that most places that currently give HERO Mythic Gear pieces now appear to give Legendary fodder instead

I don't know if your test server account is properly leveled (mine for sure isn't), but could it possibly be a "low level" issue?

12 minuti fa, Horsting ha scritto:

Hum, now I wonder whether I should quickly finish it today (just 472 points missing) and claim the 2 MG before it becomes LG tomorrow. How much do you trust in KK to not merge this bug (cannot be named any different) tomorrow, the way it is still live on test server? Otherwise there is only 2 days left to fix it, before PoV ends.

Honestly, no one knows, and with all chances, neither do Kinkoid themselves. For this very reason, I completely agree with Div in saying to grab them already, just in case.

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 1

Just now, Antimon said:

I don't know if your test server account is properly leveled (mine for sure isn't), but could it be a "low level issue"?

It could be, now that you mention it. Something about getting access to MG pieces only once you reach Hero level 200 seems to come to mind? If so, then false alarm. My test account is barely used:

image.png

• Like 1

18 minuti fa, DvDivXXX ha scritto:

It could be, now that you mention it. Something about getting access to MG pieces only once you reach Hero level 200 seems to come to mind? If so, then false alarm. My test account is barely used:

image.png

It's the same as mine, I don't even know how I got up to level 144 😅

But yeah, I thought, too, that some level baseline for mythic gears to appear rang a bell, that's why I asked. Meanwhile I was quickly searching here on the forum in hope to find a comment/a post that could confirm this vague memory of mine, but I wasn't lucky. 

Edited by Antimon
  • Thanks 1

• DvDivXXX changed the title to [May 2023 ] Recruit Equipment & Resonance - #RERTest [GG Upgrade on TS July 2023]
  • DvDivXXX pinned this topic

Sweet! Then no problem at all.

Bring it on! GG! Well played. ❤️ 

EDIT: Last but not least, they've upgraded the icon for GG pieces, from the generic "Recruit" thing used for GH too to a clearly female icon (and presumably a clearly male one for GH once it goes live):

image.png

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated

• DvDivXXX changed the title to [GG Upgrade on TS July 2023]([May 2023 ] Recruit Equipment & Resonance - #RERTest)
1 hour ago, bolitho76 said:

It's a low-level issue. To me at test (lvl471) there are the MEquip avalaible:

Ah, of course, totally forgot about that one 😅.

One thing one might want to do before the update is using remaining EqP orbs, as they are likely not upgraded to EqPx2 and will hence loose the chance to give legendary of mythic girls' gear. On the other hand, after the update they give girls' gear for sure and have some value for LC day 2 🤔.

why this was not ingame on release is beyond me.
Also glad to see hero equip gone, nothing like seing a legendary, then realizing that its hero equip, and totally irrelevant.
As someone mentioned earlier, yeah.. those who went a certain direction might get effed over by this, but yeah...

• Like 3

Well, glad I've just been upgrading commons anyway.  Excited to see the changes.  This will likely change my upgrade priorities, making the feature more relevant and useful, if we can get upgrade fodder easier.

image.png

11 hours ago, 430i said:

Essentially this fucks over the people who went with the update-common-gear-first route, as it makes upgrading equipment exclusively a ymen problem.

I did focus on common gear, and don't feel f'd over, b/c I got good use out of them.  After this change, I'll just adapt.

• Like 1

• DvDivXXX changed the title to [GG Upgrade - July 2023 - NOW LIVE]([May 2023 ] Recruit Equipment & Resonance - #RERTest)
8 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

I did focus on common gear, and don't feel f'd over, b/c I got good use out of them.  After this change, I'll just adapt.

Not sure why you should adapt. Only the speed of upgrading has improved (maybe tripled), this is the same for all equipment rarities. The cost-benefit ratio of common equipment is still the best imho.

Amid all the enthusiasm here, I would like to point out that I abhor changes that devalue strategic play afterwards. Remember the ymen nerf? All players got screwed who stacked equipment and GP orbs. Now I feel screwed because I spent all recruit equipment orbs as soon as possible (mostly on CbC Day 1) and had only a stack of nine left which were converted into x2 orbs. All players who for whatever reason stacked (maybe just because they like stacking) are at advantage this time.

• Like 1
  • GG 1

Very nice changes, all of them IMO.

The added favourite position when equipping girls is good, but IMO still best is the way HH++ BDSM does it: Add resonance icons to the gear itself and highlight the ones which match the current girl. This works even better for me than Harem++, where I was also missing some prominent resonance match indicator.

As far as I can see, all previous EqP rewards have been upgraded to EqPx2. The EqPx1 orb is quite expensive (from my level 320 POV), too expensive IMO to be relevant as long as one still has to max out market stats and/or mythic (hero) gear, but for endgame I guess it is more attractive, also as a better Ymen sink for PoA compared to GPx1?

What I am still wondering is why EqPx2 (and previously EqP) is giving more points in orbs PoV than MPx1, even that it is cheaper 🤔. Inconsistent but irrelevant for gameplay.

Edited by Horsting

4 hours ago, Bobick said:

Not sure why you should adapt. Only the speed of upgrading has improved (maybe tripled), this is the same for all equipment rarities. The cost-benefit ratio of common equipment is still the best imho.

I agree.  I still want to make 7 sets of lvl 10 common gear, and now I can do it quicker.  I'm even thinking about 24 sets of them, 3 sets for each element, but didn't yet do the math on the ymen costs.  That'd be 6 RE for 3 girls of 8 elements, or 144 level 10 common gear.  Won't need more than that.

The changes make it actually possible to contemplate upgrading mythic gear.  Don't have enough of it yet anyway, so it shouldn't become OP.

image.png

I really like the daily free spins, and the QPx2s.  Curious what their value will be tomorrow for LC day 2.

• Added to Contests #14, #17
        • Play the Equip Pachinko (x2 game) – 1620
        • Play the Equip Pachinko (x1 game) – 1500
        • Play the Equip Pachinko (x10 game) – 8100
  • Added to PoV #6 (Pachinko)
        • Play the Equip Pachinko (x2 game) – 42
        • Play the Equip Pachinko (x1 game) – 40
        • Play the Equip Pachinko (x10 game) – 210
  • Like 1

• Ravi-Sama changed the title to [May 2023 ] Recruit Equipment & Resonance - #RERTest
  • Ravi-Sama unpinned this topic