[ August 2nd, 2023 ] Leagues Redesign

jelom

Leagues Redesign

Leagues are getting a fresh new redesign with several improvements requested by the community!

Keep reading to learn more:

image.png

Results from each opponent

Instead of the current W (for Win) and L (for Loss), we’ve added numbers with the result obtained from each performance against the opponent.

Example: If your first performance against player X was a win and you got 23 points, you will be shown a green box with the number ‘23’ in it.

image.png

Initiating the performance

Starting a performance will now be available on the “versus” page, and not immediately.

There are two options:

Single performance – always does one performance vs the opponent

Multiple performances – does x3 or x2 – based on the remaining performances against the said opponent.

This is a free option in terms of kobans/golds. The only cost is the challenge currency.

image.png

Clicking anywhere on the line with the opponent or the Go button will lead to the versus page.

There is a back button here to go back to the Leagues page.

Power

New stat: Power – the goal is to show more properly the strength of the player and compare it to other players. 

This stat displays only in Leagues (for now) and does not have any effect on the performance itself.

Power = Ego + (Attack + Defense)*7.5 + Harmony*0.625

The auto fight will use the Power as a new targeting method

Until now, targeted players were the players from the lowest to the highest level.

From now on, targeted players will be from the lowest to the highest Power instead.

Girl mode VS Stats mode

An icon that will display the girls’ team information for the player and the opponents (on click).

To access stats mode, click on this button

image.png

To access girls mode, click on this button

image.png

This is the synergy and team bonuses pop-up that already exists.

image.png

It includes the final values of the four main stats (Attack, Ego, Defense, Harmony) and displays active boosters for the player and the opponents (only the boosters that affect the Leagues, not all boosters).

The maximum number for the player will be 5:  4 regular boosters, and 1 mythic which relates to the leagues (either AME or LME)

The maximum number for opponents will be 4: 4 regular boosters, there are no mythic boosters that affect the defense

Refill

The refill will happen with the regular (+) button that is used on other energies instead of the current button.

image.png

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Thanks 2

IMPORTANT NEWS: New league layout in test server.

It will probably be passed to live server tomorrow

image.thumb.png.86044cfe6c63e81fd977d034fa440c98.png

there is more: if you push the top blue button, now you can see the boosters of other players

image.thumb.png.6c895464b74d945ee4509202591ecf62.png

And x3 battles button now

image.png.92d7d8cf47d4b0be341c75151e6b3666.png

and saves results too

image.thumb.png.328c4b34affa0f617a6c0b92e73b8cc3.png

Edited by jelom
  • Thanks 5
  • Surprised :O 3

Wow, I would have never ever guessed such a GUI enhancement, that is so close to our precious community scripts. Even the exact booster timeouts are shown, probably even a little too much information? I mean I personally like it, but this really gives people like me who can work from home quite a huge advantage, to battle opponents exactly when their boosters time out 🤔. And then: Currently opponents are mostly updated only once every 6 hours. Does that not apply anymore, but are they immediately "updated" once a booster is added or times out?

The free x3 challenge makes SO MUCH more sense then the blind and non-free x15 challenge from before, which I only ever used on test server in D1 where I doesn't matter at all 😄.

Of course this breaks other HH++ tweaks like the battle simulation => odds.

A few things which could be improved:

1. Show the opponent's team colour: There is a column with a counter bonus button when extending the view, so probably the colour is meant to be shown there and has just not yet been (correctly) implemented.
  2. Sorting does not work for all columns as pointed out by Yamiray.
  3. The own stats against a particular opponent are not shown anymore before hitting the "Go" button. Given the added information, not sure where this could be shown now, but I found it helpful to have own and opponent stats side-by-side when selecting one, to e.g. actually see the effect of counter bonuses etc.
  4. What is the meaning of the "Power" column? It is neither the team power, nor the resulting attack power. It is probably some kind of overall strength, but that should be explained somewhere.
  5. All related "pages" currently load very slowly. Since previously one saw opponent stats when selecting one, I am quite use to it, and it is annoying needing to wait 3 seconds then for the challenge page to open, and an additional 3 seconds to return back to the overview. The reason is probably that now all opponents stats need to be loaded at once. Previously, AFAIK, stats were only loaded for the single selected opponent.
  6. Also the blue show/hide stats+boosters button leads to a very slow/sluggish animation. The additional column and the girl have a common CSS transition set, so this is technically fine. Also disabling these transitions does not speed up the overall toggle at all. On a quick view I could not find out how the columns are animated, so this is probably done in JavaScript, and possibly the reason for the overall slow toggle. But it could be also backend requests to get the opponent's info respectively league reward girl info when toggling the view, which could become better on live servers. I am personally no fans of too intrusive animations in web interfaces, so before a technically slow animation is implemented (if it is really the animation itself, not backend requests or info processing), better just have an immediate visual switch without any animation.
Edited by Horsting
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

After the latest patch I'm not quite sure how and where I change my league team:

League02082023.thumb.jpg.f9695e30e00ba8ee1b35a87725aa0a45.jpg

The usual button is completely missing. And, yes, my browser is up to date and the adblocker is turned off.

Aside from that (and other things that don't work anymore - like sorting), I like that I'm shown which boosters my opponents use. Saves me a lot of work. But what's it good for if I only get 3 points in every fight from now on? o.O

Edited by Moonlynx
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Moonlynx said:

The usual button is completely missing

Click the go button, it leads to the opponent page (where you can change the team as well) without starting a battle immediately.

24 minutes ago, Moonlynx said:

But what's it good for if I only get 3 points in every fight from now on?

Now I am afraid to start any battle and I have 54 still to do until league end... is this a bug you encountered?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have some initial issues w/ it that I'll list in the hopes that they get addressed via a script or the game itself.

The two positives that I love, are being able to actually see un-boosted players, and doing 3 fights at a time for free.

We can also see a player's passives now (by clicking the "i"), but I don't know how that'd actually be helpful, beyond making more accurate simulations.  If it helped do that, great.

These are the issues I spotted:

• I think equipping 4 cords (doing a fight) made my LM disappear, when it should've had 30+ charges left.  I equipped a new LM, and it's fine for now.
  • Can't see players elements before clicking to fight them any longer, so you have to switch teams for each player.
  • Can't sort players by level, or power, and can't filter for the unfought or unboosted players.
  • Can see 5 boosters for myself (4 cords & an LM), but just 4 for everyone else.  That was stated to be intended in the patch notes.  AMEs/LMs don't affect defense, but it'd still be nice to know which players were seriously aiming for the top.
  • Used to be able to see 15 players at a time, which was faster, more efficient, and convenient for screenshots, but now I just see 4-5 players including myself.
  • Can't easily view my avg score, battles fought, win/loss ratio, total number of players, etc. w/ the prior script functionality.
  • Can't see the E[X] for players at all.  Knowing they're unboosted or not is great, but maybe there might be a better time to fight them, after blessings changed for example.  The score estimate helped w/ that.
  • You can only see their TP by clicking each player.  After you've fought them, you can't go back and view their TP or team.
  • Can't copy league data to a spreadsheet any longer.
  • Girl filter button on the team change screen is missing, in the BDSM script.  It's still there w/o the script.
  • Have to click "Go" on a player now to change teams.  Therefore, can't change teams after all players are fought.
Edited by Ravi-Sama
Crossing out stuff that was fixed.
  • Like 3
  • Thinking 1

• Ravi-Sama pinned and featured this topic
1 minute ago, Ravi-Sama said:

I think equipping 4 cords made my LM disappear when it should've had 30+ charges left.  I equipped a new LM, and it's fine for now.

Have you done a fight? Someone reported a bug stating the booster disappears after doing one fight.

• Surprised :O 1

1 minute ago, Bobick said:

Have you done a fight? Someone reported a bug stating the booster disappears after doing one fight.

Yeah, that was probably it.  I still have fights left in this league week.  If that remains unfixed, then this week's results are tainted.

1 hour ago, Ravi-Sama said:

If that remains unfixed, then this week's results are tainted.

Not at all - on my side, I just would have to spend only 53 more AM/LM.

2 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Can't see the E[X] for players at all.

E(X) and the distribution are already back - big thanks to @zoopokemon who is working fast.

Edited by Bobick
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

39 minutes ago, Bobick said:

Click the go button, it leads to the opponent page (where you can change the team as well) without starting a battle immediately.

Thanks! I was hesitant to click this button without knowing what it does. That solves my problem. :)
(should've read the patch notes first)

And, no - not a ''3 points bug'' or anything like that. It was just that I didn't see a way to change my very weak defense team that guarantees a loss. You have nothing to worry about when you start a battle, I guess. ;)

Edited by Moonlynx
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Moonlynx said:

You have nothing to worry about when you start a battle, I guess

With the exception that the AM booster might disappear immediately... I am currently waiting for a confirmation, as mine has still many battles left and I am hesitant to waste it.

• Surprised :O 1

3 minutes ago, Bobick said:

With the exception that the AM booster might disappear immediately...

Damn, you're right. I clicked 'Go', saw that my attack stat was un-AMed and went to the Market. The AM booster was still there, the leagues main page told me it was still active, too.

I thought it might be just a visual bug and started a battle. But I did less damage and the AM booster is REALLY gone now. That's... not good. 🤔

• Sad 1

Can confirm that the AM booster disappears after one fight (also with more than 30 charges left). At least in my case.

You would think they'd test their patches before unloading them on the players. If only there was something like a test server...

• Thanks 4

No blue Stats or Girl button. I finished this weeks league flying blind and now have to discard two years of stats since what I was collecting is now irrelevant. Damn it to hell; why do this before a season is finished? What happened to sorting options? Why does KK continue to destroy anything about this game that is carefree and fun?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Hug 1

7 minutes ago, Moonlynx said:

Can confirm that the AM booster disappears after one fight (also with more than 30 charges left). At least in my case.

There's definitely an issue w/ LMs disappearing, and apparently the Atk boost isn't even applied.  I reported it to in-game support, and directly to mod tech support (Sandman and Zoo), and we're all trying to figure it out.

One way to check this, is if your league atk and season atk stats are identical, even though you have an LM equipped, w/o an SM equipped.

• Thanks 1

And another "legacy" feature of the game (i.e., the Leagues) falls victim to redesign (read "start over") since the thousands of players that like this component of the game must be wrong (again)! And yes, we'll make the change in the middle of the League Season to screw everyone up because we can, says Kinkoid.

"Kinkoid saidLeagues are getting a fresh new redesign with several improvements requested by the community!"

Please stop lying to us!

Edited by Pelinor
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Hearts 1

17 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Leagues are getting a fresh new redesign with several improvements requested by the community!

Name one player that asked for this besides the game designer or a Kinkoid employee.

Ravi edit: it's just copy/pasted directly from the patch notes.  Don't take it personally.

• Thanks 1

As I said in the patch note thread, I love the fact that yesterday they added the new league interface to test server, where it was clear sorting wasn't properly functioning at all, and they decided to add it straight away to the live server. Very kind of them. the booster bug is just the cherry on top

• Like 5
  • Hearts 1
  • GG 1

10 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

Name one player that asked for this besides the game designer or a Kinkoid employee.

6 months ago Numbers asked to add the visualation of boosters (he mentioned this at Discord today). Only a port of the rework, but it was asked. 😉

• Like 1

I would love to have been wrong, but as I warned yesterday the new league layout is here with all the new bugs.

Not all is bad, showing the opponent boosters is definitely an improvement, and now the mobile and PC league screen will be (almost) the same.

If they made the sorting to work, and polish a few other aspects indicated in some posts above, it could be a decent change in a few weeks.

7 minutes ago, 430i said:

And the booster expiration seems to be broken. When the timer gets to 0, the boosters are still shown, but without the countdown clock. What a mess.

It is the same behavior as before, you see the opponent stats with the expired boosters until the next league snapshot

Edited by jelom
  • Like 1