[ August 2nd, 2023 ] Leagues Redesign

jelom

55 minutes ago, Horsting said:

Was this another new case or one of the two cases you mentioned before?

One of the two aforementioned cases. Interestingly enough, now, few hours later those ghost buffs are still shown in the table, but the opponent stats have dropped significantly. Meaning you cannot in any way rely on the booster information shown in the UI...

• Surprised :O 1

14 minutes ago, madahmed said:

i was absent the whole morning but when i logged in 1 hour after reset i did the the leagues fight and took a nap rather than gettiing angy

this is the first time i think its too much. i usually dont care.

this event was for special occasions and now it seems a monthly one

and on top of that , the new changes which really suck.

Yeah, I just took one look at the league page, said "fuck it" and clicked on 5 random opponents; hit the 3 fights; and called it a day

• Hug 3
  • GG 1

1 hour ago, 430i said:

Interestingly enough, now, few hours later those ghost buffs are still shown in the table, but the opponent stats have dropped significantly. Meaning you cannot in any way rely on the booster information shown in the UI...

Or it was just fixed in the meantime. But good to keep an eye on this.

Just tried a couple of fights as I was going to hit cap, and it is awful.

Having opponents you have already fought still showing, rather then having the option to hide them, makes spotting un boosted victims a chore - surely an easy fix ?

Not being able to sort opponents by anything other then current ranking means endless scrolling to find un boosted opponents - previously we had rank and level so easy fix ?

The 3x / 2x fight is a good addition. However after using it you are taken out of opponents page, meaning you cannot change your defence team if they are your last opponent of the week - why have we lost the Change Team button on main league screen

Possible from 3rd party scripts : Total fights / fights left no longer showing.

In it's current format I think it will be too much hassle for me to bother with PvP until it has been improved

• Like 7

Wrong, double wrong and fractaly wrong.

Design uppdates are the ones you test on testserver... and NEVER implement on main game before bugfixes AND feedback's been done... new features, espesially lang term ones like last one, that's done (gonna be implemented) and only need few tweeks  That's a day or 2 on testserver...

However... league needed a fix and it will probably be better in the long rung... but ffs KK... think at least two or three laps on shyt like this.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Master-17 said:

If you use x3 battle you are thrown to the general list automatically

3 hours ago, Incubys said:

The 3x / 2x fight is a good addition. However after using it you are taken out of opponents page, meaning you cannot change your defence team

Not in my case. I remain on the battle page, can change the team back, but once I did change the team back, I am thrown back to the table indeed. Not sure what is different in my case. I use HH++ BDSM version, but I don't think that it affects this. Will check again on next fight, after I replaced a timed out ginseng with a cordy.

EDIT: Okay retested, and it's like this:

• Indeed after finishing the x3 fight, the game take you back to the table.
  • But it takes a few seconds before doing so. In my case there is sufficient time, after hitting OK for the result/rewards, to hit the team edit button. And this works well.
  • But of course no guarantee that that current performance issues with all league pages won't be addressed to eliminate this possibility.

I think there is no way around having at least a team edit button on the overview page. Actually a way to select an opponent and have the own team stats adjusted (and always visible) accordingly (for counter bonuses and playful defence penalties), would be good.

As said before: I would like to have the table always expended and the girl/shards instead moved up to the free space in the top right corner. The Team column should show the team colour. Either this colour symbol can be a button, or one added besides it, to show opponents synergy bonuses (like now) and for the player's own row it can be the "edit team" button.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

I had been keeping records of all my league battles for over a year now, however until this pile of steaming horse shit is resolved I think I'll be using the 15x button instead and giving up on tracking my league performances.

Thank you Russo, for forcing through yet another half arsed, under developed, untested (oops sorry, my mistake, I believe it was actually on test server for about 12 hours before going live) shit shower. Maybe, instead of playing other games to steal oops I mean research new ideas, you should actually sit down and try to play the game you are systematically grinding under your jack boot. Maybe then you might actually realise the agony you are putting the players through. Though with your blinkered, I know best attitude, I won't hold my breath. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Horsting said:
  • Indeed after finishing the x3 fight, the game take you back to the table.
  • But it takes a few seconds before doing so. In my case there is sufficient time, after hitting OK for the result/rewards, to hit the team edit button. And this works well.

Dont need to be THAT fast 🤠 There is a little workaround 

Enter battle page - change team - use x3 button - DON`T click OK on rewards - use back arrow in browser instead!image.png.661c9b7b59d03afa1a46e254d5532e1b.png 

it will return directly to team switching page!

BTW - where i can see my opponent info page now? - cant find any clickable portrait 😕

• Like 2

Why keep calling this an update? It's a devolution of the game. You are getting LESS.

We are all getting LESS content. Just more paywalls and barriers.

PC users got the MOBILE layout! How is this an improvement? Which absolute d.......s thought this was a good idea???

Edited by Gotaku
  • Like 6

Checked to see if a player actually lost their booster bonuses after they expired, and their stats do lower, even if their boosters are still visible, from the previous snapshot.  Which means it works correctly.  Can attack players right after their boosters expire.  Didn't have that ability before, it was all guesswork, based on when they were last seen un-boosted.  Now, if I see they'll be boosted past the reset time, by the end of the league week, I can just fight them right away, w/o having false hope, that they might be un-boosted later, when they won't be.

Filtering for un-boosted players, and sorting them by power would be great.  Could scroll less.  Leagues would take way less time.

My E[X] for these players were ~19 while they were boosted, and after they expired, the E[X] rose to ~22, despite the boosters still being visible.  If you hover over their boosters and don't see a timer, then they're actually un-boosted atm.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Checked to see if a player actually lost their booster bonuses after they expired, and their stats do lower, even if their boosters are still visible, from the previous snapshot.  Which means it works correctly.  Can attack players right after their boosters expire.

Doesn't look like it works with any sort of reliability to me. I had multiple players last night whose boosters expired, and only some of them saw their stats drop. In fact, there were two whose boosters expired during the same minute - stats changed for one, but not for the other. (That player's stats didn't change on the next full snapshot either, only on the second one another six hours later.)

Might as well quote my Discord comment, I guess.

image.thumb.png.aa4a6ae33c63373a563b0d3422279b2c.png

FWIW, aside from the "are the booster icons staying or going?" issue, I don't think these are new bugs, they're just more visible now that we have opponent booster information. Snapshotting after booster expiry has shown odd behaviour for a long time.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Doesn't look like it works with any sort of reliability to me.

Thanks for confirming it, I also disagree with Ravi's assessment.

Interestingly when someone equips new boosters you see that in realtime. Its all quite broken.

There is only more thing, which I dont know if its intended or not - the league overview page only shows the "base" stats of the opponents, independent of your current team. Meaning as soon as you jump into the pre-battle screen their stats might change depending if they have a team that counters yours.

And there is no way to check your opponents - what mythic equips they have, how many times they have won D3 etcc

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

They returned me my LM booster. My last 30 or so fights were unboosted. my only two losses came after this rubbish implementation that couldnt be properly tested on the TEST SERVER. all the other fights were far worse than I expected and i lost 4th place by less than 100 points.

I've told them as much, it cost me the next mythic, and I was a spender before. If they don't make it right I'm quitting the game after the mythic event. What a waste of time but I guess I'll be free of this farce. Grats Jelom.

Guess thats me done in a couple of days I guess. Thanks Ravi Div Zoo and others, been lurking here reading everything for a long time. Was nice to have navigated a difficult time in my life here. Will miss lots of peeps even though i never really spoke.

Edited by Daenar
  • Like 5
  • Hug 3

They put as much effort in this "rework" as in the current daily mission story pictures.

The league UI was fine. The new thing is BS. The x3 fights are the only good thing about this. That you can see boosters directly would be nice change if it would work correctly. All other changes were completely unessecary and made this feature worse.

Just like in Daenar's case my only losses came after that awful update.

Lost 5 Fights and missed first place by 76 points.

Edited by Magic1986
  • Like 3

Hey, can someone clarify this for me, because I think maybe I missed the note or something.

I was in dictator 3 for the leagues, collected my 36th place reward, got the you won't be moved message. but then... Im now in dicktator 1?

Is there something i dont know? Or am I sleep deprived and not reading some interface correctly?

Edited by Silver2

2 minutes ago, Silver2 said:

Hey, can someone clarify this for me, because I think maybe I missed the note or something.

I was in dictator 3 for the leagues, collected my 36th place reward, got the you won't be moved message. but then... Im now in dicktator 1?

Is there something i dont know? Or am I sleep deprived and not reading some interface correctly?

image.png.3053f3cf3043edff095aac9c8dc3f04b.png

it is the last non greyed icon, not the red bar

• Like 1