How you doing in the "League"

casey

1 hour ago, ilyjjk said:

I can’t do league anymore everyone is about 150 levels above me now 

don't forget the fact that even lost battles give you a little amount of XP and 1 league score point (if memory serves me right, experience given on lost battles in the league is one third of that given on won battles), so, even if you got no more opponents you think you may beat, your free token points don't go entirely wasted. One third of full progress is better than nothing, and may get you higher positions (and, more important, if not get promoted, at least not get demoted). Sure, 15 points for a full token bar is not as 45, but, as I said, is better than nothing if one is trying to not get demoted. And, all summed together, I think the experience gained from losses is not to be thrown in the trash can.

26 minutes ago, Moe Overload said:

I'm actually going to stop playing the league for the rest of this week to drop down to the bottom 15 and dominate in Wanker I next week.

You are better off just staying in wanker 11 because the stronger players will move up to the next league out of wanker 11 and weaker lower level players will move into wanker 11 for you to beat so you will get a rank with a higher reward.
The rewards in wanker 11 are double that of wanker 11 so better to stay in it if you are going to win also losing out on experience will make you lose more battles because you level up slower due to mission experience being cut in half.

Edited by natstar

Well, made it to 3rd.

3rd.png.fd6a838cbc264df1c898c11c1754a82a.png

I'm kind of torn, on the on hand it would be funny to pass these koban spenders, on the other, it would be even funnier to let them get to wanker 3 then get knocked right back down again.

Of course by the time I get up tomorrow, I could be  back in 12th or something.

Edited by Urist

I am now in the "farm XP from losses" section of the week. Kind of boringly grindy, but I think getting as many fights in will help me stay in 75th or better.

I am exactly the 75th highest level in the group, but there are enough people above me that I can beat that I should be able to stay above that spot. Only one person below I can't beat.

Ive started to climb the ladder. I wont lose any fights if I avoid 3 people and am now sitting in 15th. To promote I meed to go a little higher because I expect kobans to be spent to get in 15th spot last seconds and I dont want to do that. If not, Ill just promote next week...

8 hours ago, DHarry said:

Ive started to climb the ladder. I wont lose any fights if I avoid 3 people and am now sitting in 15th. To promote I meed to go a little higher because I expect kobans to be spent to get in 15th spot last seconds and I dont want to do that. If not, Ill just promote next week...

Same here. I've climbed from 60th (day 2) to 21st and am only 15 points behind 15th place. There are a few people with higher stats than me but i have calculated that i should be able to get atleast  another 27 battles before hitting any ot those people. Will see how far i move up in next day or so. Wont be using kobans to boost my rank tho unlike some. Top 5 are miles out of reach (few hundred points) loads of kobans used there.

42 minutes ago, bane said:

Same here. I've climbed from 60th (day 2) to 21st and am only 15 points behind 15th place. There are a few people with higher stats than me but i have calculated that i should be able to get atleast  another 27 battles before hitting any ot those people. Will see how far i move up in next day or so. Wont be using kobans to boost my rank tho unlike some. Top 5 are miles out of reach (few hundred points) loads of kobans used there.

Don't worry. You'll catch up. The kobanuser top three in my tier have run out of opponents to beat. They have now dropped down to 30th and 50th place. no.3 I cannot even find anymore.:P

Edited by dirty harry

I'm 651, top is 664. On Sunday, I'm pretty sure the top (who's now well down the ranks) was 120-ish points ahead of me, so like 2 or 3 full paid refills. Craaayzeeee. I mean I guess they're only a couple of hundred koban per refill, but still, it's literally zero benefit.

Im now up to 16th with 15th only 1 point ahead (he was 15 points yesterday) The koban user at the top has now dropped to 8th so he must have now no more beatable opponants. I have still got a few that i think i can beat so tomorrow looks like it might be tight for the 15th place battle as 14th is only 4 points ahead too.

After so long trying to hold off the inevitable, I'm officially at the plateau of how far I can go. I've managed to keep myself in the lower range of the Top 15 pretty consistently by checking and choosing my battles, but there are simply too many users with better PvP stats than me (even after some intense stat upgrading on my part), and I'm certain once I start forcing myself into unwinnable fights and dropping points I will easily be overtaken. But that's fine, since I'm sure once most of the "super teams" promote away and I'm left with the other peeps I've been able to corral and any new teams in that same boat, I believe I stand a better chance of claiming those big money prizes. So congrats to that Swiss guy who is way overleveled even compared to those people I just mentioned for winning my league ahead of time, even if you were also pretty wasteful in using kobans to get an early lead. 👻👍

Edit: Incidentally, I think it would be a wise programming move to have lines separating the promotion and relegation points, much like is done in football tables. I know top fifteen and bottom fifteen move and all, but I keep second-guessing myself because that information isn't obvious on the page proper.

Edited by Magic Sam
Additional thought
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Magic Sam said:

Edit: Incidentally, I think it would be a wise programming move to have lines separating the promotion and relegation points, much like is done in football tables. I know top fifteen and bottom fifteen move and all, but I keep second-guessing myself because that information isn't obvious on the page proper.

There's a visual indicator on the test server to indicate promotion right now. Hopefully comes to live soon.

That would be a good addition. I am currently 6th, 7th. So climbed stably in the promotion area. 

Next league should be interesting, with a lot of people together that can beat each other. Forcing everyone to pick up riskier fights towards the end.