casey

On 5/21/2020 at 2:19 PM, _shal_ said:

casey (12 wins)
azerty (Ch, 1 win)
Hotless (5 wins)
SpinelesS (1 win)
SSS (HC, 1 win)
hell (5 wins)

No further winners outside the screenshot top 9. I'm guessing the three multi-winners will take the top 3 spots, then it might be between azerty, SpinelesS and hopefully me for 4th place...

image.png.a3cd309792f059923bbd830cd1142358.png

Mostly as expected, except that 6th place finisher hell was way behind all week and had to make up at least three refills worth of battles during the last few hours. Not efficient enough in the end. 22.05 average for me in what was a pretty tough bracket. Lost my first battle in a properly competitive D3 season now, boosted Hotless only yielded 2 wins for me this week.

Charm player azerty was the only non-KH in the top 7, Cabopai in 8th place was the best HC player.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 6

My first Top4 in D3! 😄 I had to struggle until the end and give my best, but it was worthwhile. Probably I won't be able to achieve this very often (at least in the short term), but I found out I was able to do it 😊

Captura de pantalla (257).png

• Like 5

15 hours ago, govenants said:

and slynia beat me :)

Thanks for a good match! I still can't believe that I won tho 😅

I had a really good week with an average of 23,216 points per fight despite having a really strong bracket combined with 2 players with bugged stats amongst the top players (anony76 and GetOverHere), I only lost 1 fight this week which was against anony76. I guess a little micromanaging can do wonders sometimes.

lw22d3.PNG

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Andy86 said:

I still have to improve a lot

Top 4 in the hardest league available is still no small feat, and you are also several levels below me! ^_^ Congratz to your top 4!

• Thanks 1

Finished 38th in my D3, equaling my best result. Boosted 2 full days and another half a day worth with my usual booster 2-season straddle  

Server was lagging so bad just now, that I could not make full use of the straddle. Bottom 13 by level and with a much tougher league at first glance, I will be aiming to be at least 45th for this week.

• Like 6

Promoted back to D2 with an awkward 7th place... 😑

After fighting normally without any booster throughout until yesterday evening, I noticed that I was naturally in top 4, and I mistakenly assumed that I had a shot at finishing  in top 4. I even boosted myself for the remainder of my fights (thankfully, I didn't spend kobans for this, I used a few boosters I had in stock) to increase my odds. Or so I thought! ^^

In fact, I was already up for promotion no matter what even before boosting myself (and even if I had stopped fighting altogether at that point), and yet still light-years away from having a shot at top 4. Between the Hammer and the Anvil, as a certain Priest said...

EDIT: Forgot about the spoiler tag bug. Here's a copy-paste of what was supposed to appear after the spoiler tags:

Anyways. Back in D2 now, and... my new D2 league looks like a freaking D3 to me! ^^ I'm tied for 8th lowest level, at 304. I used to be in the same range when I first entered D2 several months ago, at around 270... Two thirds of the field are 380+ and the top dog is 422. I'd be lucky to end up in top 45 without boosters, and this will probably net me less XP than my previous week in D1 did, as I'm looking at tons of guaranteed lost fights.

So yeah. The League system is utterly broken for mid-level players at this time, and it's only getting worse every week. I'm still interested in constructive suggestions as to how I could build a strategy that would improve my situation in this mess, but I doubt it's even possible to become the next Shal by now.

Good luck have fun, guys. Stay safe.

Here's the story in visual form:

917532485_HHLeagueStory20D1EASYTOP4A.thumb.png.e22f1f1e8cc8c71f12fd636389321a8f.png1344768368_HHLeagueStory20D1NOPEIMPOSSIBLETOP4B.thumb.png.b2a363357a008552160df8dc394728bb.png1738649717_HHLeagueStory20D1NOPEIMPOSSIBLETOP4C.thumb.png.f82d4f2ecd8ff054cc4f03a3f79c2576.png

As you can see, only two out of the four guys who ended up in top 4 were showing their cards even 20 hours before the end; the other two rushed like crazy on the very last stretch. And yet my 5,645 score from doing nothing special throughout the week was already well over 1k too high to avoid promotion... I might have had a shot at top 4 by burning through boosters the entire week (as I used to do for top 30 in D2), or I could have avoided promotion by either skipping dozens of fights (with a massive XP loss), or playing with common girls and equipment the whole week through (and with the current user interface, ain't nobody got time for dat!).

Anyways. Back in D2 now, and... my new D2 league looks like a freaking D3 to me! ^^ I'm tied for 8th lowest level, at 304. I used to be in the same range when I first entered D2 several months ago, at around 270... Two thirds of the field are 380+ and the top dog is 422. I'd be lucky to end up in top 45 without boosters, and this will probably net me less XP than my previous week in D1 did, as I'm looking at tons of guaranteed lost fights.

So yeah. The League system is utterly broken for mid-level players at this time, and it's only getting worse every week. I'm still interested in constructive suggestions as to how I could build a strategy that would improve my situation in this mess, but I doubt it's even possible to become the next Shal by now.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 6

I got a 2nd place this week, behind the French mod named joe... 
I'm going to say he used his mod-powers called never sleeping to micromanage me to the 2nd place, or maybe it was the fact that the drag and drop system caused me to accidentally sell one of my equips after I made myself weaker to fight champions for PoA. The replacement I eventually got after way too much money was thrown at the GP, was way worse.
Anyway, I thought I had gotten away with it when Razuk (another top spot contender) finished 20 points behind me.
15 minutes for the end of the league I went offline to take a shower, and was when joe struck, finishing 24 points above me.
Must have used his mod radar to see that I went away, so I didn't know it was him... until I asked him through discord, and he kindly gave me a screenshot of the final standings.
Top 4 as expected, it was always a matter of the final order. Gratz at @Joe-da-G.
image0.png

Now for the good news. I won my D3 league on Nutaku. That makes 17 times now that I won there. I had only one real opponent in Tribadism, who was 9-10 levels higher all the way through. I beat him by the overwhelming margin of 17 points >,< (don't get fooled by the 7k+ score. it was a rather mediocre average as the league had 104 players, so 103 opponents.)
unknown.png

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Reveal hidden contents

917532485_HHLeagueStory20D1EASYTOP4A.thumb.png.e22f1f1e8cc8c71f12fd636389321a8f.png1344768368_HHLeagueStory20D1NOPEIMPOSSIBLETOP4B.thumb.png.b2a363357a008552160df8dc394728bb.png1738649717_HHLeagueStory20D1NOPEIMPOSSIBLETOP4C.thumb.png.f82d4f2ecd8ff054cc4f03a3f79c2576.png

As you can see, only two out of the four guys who ended up in top 4 were showing their cards even 20 hours before the end; the other two rushed like crazy on the very last stretch. And yet my 5,645 score from doing nothing special throughout the week was already well over 1k too high to avoid promotion... I might have had a shot at top 4 by burning through boosters the entire week (as I used to do for top 30 in D2), or I could have avoided promotion by either skipping dozens of fights (with a massive XP loss), or playing with common girls and equipment the whole week through (and with the current user interface, ain't nobody got time for dat!).

Hope my experience in that situation helps a bit. Maybe things are different from what they were 6 months ago but here goes:

Joined D3 by carelessness at a lowly Lvl 306 ~ 7 months ago. And never left.... the circumstances I think I have already explained

From then until now, I have always been repeatedly bottom 15 by level every week. As of now, I can say I am firmly inside the top half of every league for about a month now. It took a long time for me to break top 45 but I'm finally there and I think I can maintain myself around there consistently from now on. Boosting is important for sure but with a little luck from the Mythic Pachinko, it's not as expensive. I think I bought maybe 4-5 boosters in that time span mainly to fill a gap with a combo.

Picking my opponents takes me some time when I use my tokens, I do scan around to see whether I can catch a high level player with his pants down.

I think that for someone of my level, my strategy is going to be very different from a topdog. I mostly aim to stay afloat in the XP ratrace. When I am boosted, I prefer to aim for those marginal victories (16-17 pts) and that helps me beat players sometimes 30-40 levels ahead of me. I tackle the weaklings when I am unboosted. I might never score above 22-23 points but it's still enough to be at a comfortable reward Tier, and finishing 45th is no different from 31st kobanwise.

I boost when I have an XP contest going on as well, so as to make the most of it. I optimise my play around reset time and I frequently win/finish top 4 in my contests, so the koban deficit from a lower league doesn't hurt me that much.

I also don't think it's possible at this level to emulate what Shal has done. The leagues are getting clogged rapidly and only a large influx of new players can "spread out" the field, making the leagues less competitive.

But stick with it, it will be seemingly hard at times, and sometimes you get lucky with an easier league. It might take take a long time but it gets better as time goes on, I can attest to that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Zamio said:

Hope my experience in that situation helps a bit. Maybe things are different from what they were 6 months ago but here goes:
[...]
I also don't think it's possible at this level to emulate what Shal has done. The leagues are getting clogged rapidly and only a large influx of new players can "spread out" the field, making the leagues less competitive.

Thanks for your help. It's always interesting to get another perspective and experience. You included very sound advice in your post overall, but it unfortunately cannot help me much, for two reasons. One, because I already do most of the things you mentioned, more or less (but it's still much welcomed, there's always more to learn and you could have helped me notice something important). Two, because yes, things are quite different now than they were 6 months ago.

Boosters no longer come free, at all, except the occasional good drop from the MP free spin (I wouldn't count boosters from MPx1 orbs as "free", as using them reduces my stash and thus my odds of getting a good deal girl wise from it someday in the still fairly distant future). I entered D2 for the first time in mid-February, at level 252. I played tons of arena back then, so most of my usable epic boosters came free (as was the case for most of your D3 experience) and the field was also much softer than it is today, even taking into account the 52 levels I gained since then. My own power level increased at a slower pace than the power gap between me and the top dogs in every league from S3 to D3, now (as seen in posts from last week) as well as a majority of players in D2 and D3. And I've been playing very actively all this time, so I think it's a structural issue with the league and XP system.

Right now, I think it's not only impossible to emulate what Shal did a year ago, but even what you did six months ago. The system has just reached critical mass, and there's no room for new challengers to slip through the cracks. Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but I don't see any outs for players at my current power level range without a balance update or a system rework from the devs.

I'd be extremely interested in picking the brains of our community's greatest experts on the topic, though (Shal, George... you guys know who you are ^^).

• Like 2

I have waited for the server response times to normalize before updating in the forum.

This week I managed to win in D3 with 6905 points and 23,02 average. I was a bit worried when Dido and Isi rushed a bit (probably due to PoA tasks) and I couldn't guess if they were doing better than me. In the end Dido placed second at a safe distance, Isi as always didn't managed his strength and placed 3rd. tommy55 did a good job reaching 4th. 3Xt dissapointed me, started as charm and finished as know how with a sub par average.

image.png.681a3747a36a07652afa63843030c3cb.png

some comments for other players:

@_shal_ continues amazing me getting top 4 places in D3, but the truth is that he uses a good boosting strategy and takes micromanaging to the extreme.

@DvDivXXX Don't despair, you are doing good, but you are now crossing the desert between the first year (~lvl300) and the second (~lvl 400). You have to maximize your exp gains to try to reduce the level gap bit by bit. So demoting is not your objective, unless you could assure a victory in lower leagues that is very difficult with your level. Try to stick in D2 and getting  16-30 places, use some boosters but do not spend more kobans than what you will win. When you get over lvl 350 you can think of D3 with a similar strategy. I know that reducing distances is now more difficult than when I or shal did it because the top players are farther away when you started, but perseverance (and the xp requirement per levels) is your allied. Remember this is a game of patience.

@Zamio you are doing fine, had given good advice, and can serve as a good example of intermediate levels.

congrats to @Andy86 for entering the top 4.

@Slynia and @Chthugha as always playing hard and aiming for first places.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jelom said:

@Slynia and @Chthugha as always playing hard and aiming for first places.

Yeah you know me, being competitive in the league is actually the most fun I have with this game ATM so 😅
Congrats on your first place as well none the less! 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Slynia said:

Thanks for a good match! I still can't believe that I won tho 😅

I had a really good week with an average of 23,216 points per fight despite having a really strong bracket combined with 2 players with bugged stats amongst the top players (anony76 and GetOverHere), I only lost 1 fight this week which was against anony76. I guess a little micromanaging can do wonders sometimes.

lw22d3.PNG

I have bugged stat Getoverhere in my table, which he will win with his eyes closed. 

I finished 3rd last week and from the looks of it will do that again this week. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, DHarry said:

I have bugged stat Getoverhere in my table, which he will win with his eyes closed. 

I finished 3rd last week and from the looks of it will do that again this week. 

He had about 410k ego unboosted if I remember correctly, which he only had once last week. I would probably lose 1 or 2 times if he never dropped his boosters like anony76. 
Looking at the final scores however, I would still have won even if he never dropped them. His final score is still impressive so good luck with him 😅

• Thanks 1

I won my D3 last week, I don't remeber exactly my average and total points (something like 23.1... maybe 6950 or6960???)
I was sleeping at the reset and I forgot to do a screenshot ... XD
Before to go to nap Sygfried was second and juju third, Ads was the fourth. I don't know if they maintained their place but I hope yes.
This week will be a hard week, I'm with mot_131 (26 victory in D3), I never won against him before.
This league will be hard because some players are affected by the bug. For three of them it's impressive. I hope Kinkoids will solve this problem soon...
Good luck everyone and have a nice day

Edited by E. N. D.
  • Like 6

This week results:

• 106 players: 403 - highest level, 242 - lowest, median - 329,11
  • made 285 battles: 255 - wins, 30 - losses, 30 remaining tokens
  • average points for wins: 18,086
  • 15th place score - 4771; got 19th with 4755 points
  • was boosted for 2 days: 2 legendary chlorella + 2 epic cordyceps and 1 epic ginseng + 1 legendary chlorella + 1 epic cordyceps + 1 legendary cordyceps
  • total XP gain - ~65250

498173522_-3.jpg.d32ae5b950b102149dff15db44657c0d.jpg

With @_shal_'s script my average win points went from 18.34 to 18.08 this week. 👍 Simulation thing makes wonders.

This time I made 13 points only 5 times (most of them by my own stupidity). The rest were 3 points 0 damage performances.

One more side note about scoring 3 points if I may 😉 So, your goal is to not bypass your opponents armor with your attack. 😀 Unfortunately, for some unknown (to me) reason your first level girls become exited in 1 blow (too young too unexperienced 😀), so your next blow is a guaranteed orgasm. Your opponent can't kill you in 1 blow, even if he is 100+ levels ahead and deals hardcore crit damage. It means that in order to get 0 damage:

1. your opponents armor should be higher than your attack multiplied by 1.5 (orgasm deals +50% damage)
  2. you shouldn't use hardcore girls for that purpose - they can trigger their special ability along with orgasm and deal a fucking lot of damage

Overall, this league felt a bit more dificult than on average. Too many boosted people and 15 tokens less due to no refill in the beginning. Still waiting for some more 5 star legendary girls to finish forming my battle team and money to upgrade all my stats to full. Then, maybe, I'll transition to D2. 

Good luck, guys! 😉

Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Like 6

This week went rather well over here :) 

I managed to finish my D2 on 30th by 23 points, on my last run.  

This was how it looked at ~4h to reset, which is the best I can do these days 😅

This might've been my best result (my best is 17th) for two reasons... I didn't need extra tokens like in that occasion and I was able to skip/save a booster round, though I wasn't sure if I could get away with that. Since it all worked out, I think this was actually better than 17th :D 

@Zamio and @DvDivXXX, I'm pretty sure I'm not the best example (since I have a total of 3 D2s experience) but either I've been very lucky on all of them (which can be the case) or it can be done (talking about getting decent results, I'm currently looking at being able to establish finishing on the top45) 👍

There are many factors and a lot of variance that can make or break every given league/round but I think part of the key is in the middle of the pack. 

I'm usually surrounded by "monsters" (level-wise) but if I can do good-to-great with the middle pack, things usually turn out allright and sometimes even better :) 👌  

013 D2 200521 3 (46 - 4103).png

• Like 6

I did it again, finally. After two weeks in 16-30 I took advantage of a weak bracket. The result looks closer as it is; Xytes has slightly better stats and also 7 d2 wins, but as he partial rushed in the beginning it was clear to me, that he wont have a chance, so I fought the last 15 fights without boosters, which cost me some points. 

image.png.7c5ffd320a81f54a56ecc694f3ae63ad.png

Since shal again did a top 4 I am really considering to give it a try in the near future, but I decided to up/down the leagues at least until anniverssary.

edit: I forgot - all places are KH Players and like you can easily see most of them didnt boost or even bought refills to finish all fights. I have never seen a league with so few boosted people - but: on the last day around a third of the league boosted (and most of them were in the lower half)

Edited by blaa
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Zamio said:

I think that for someone of my level, my strategy is going to be very different from a topdog. I mostly aim to stay afloat in the XP ratrace. When I am boosted, I prefer to aim for those marginal victories (16-17 pts) and that helps me beat players sometimes 30-40 levels ahead of me. I tackle the weaklings when I am unboosted. I might never score above 22-23 points but it's still enough to be at a comfortable reward Tier, and finishing 45th is no different from 31st kobanwise.

Co-signing this excellent advice. When boosters are scarce (by choice or by necessity), it's definitely best to go for opponents against whom the boosting actually makes the  difference between winning and losing.

Yeah, sadly this doesn't seem to be happening much in D3 anymore, if at all. When Kinkoid implemented that "zero points players don't get put into a bracket after demotion" thing about half a year ago(?), it resulted in a quick and rather drastic decrease in the number of D2 brackets. We tried to hash that out on Discord a little while ago, and the general consensus was that D2 and D3 are very likely close to equilibrium on both HH.com and Nutaku now. So people getting promoted from D2 are only sufficient to replace the demotees now, they're not leading to any further expansion in the overall size of the D3 tier anymore. (As they did back when the project to track the tier sizes was still running.)

Edited by _shal_
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2020 at 7:34 PM, E. N. D. said:

This week will be a hard week, I'm with mot_131 (26 victory in D3), I never won against him before.

Congrats, I hope?
Charm player
2 know-how players
3 hardcore players
2 know-how players
1 hardcore player

league.png

• Like 4

On 5/28/2020 at 2:08 PM, _shal_ said:

D3 with 101 players:

[snip screenshot]

Quistis (30 wins)
[CNO] Aris619 (18 wins)
[CNO] Der Righter (3 wins)
pilisex (2 wins)
saitamax (1 win)
Blackeagle (1 win)
e452 (Ch, 1 win)
Matt (level 424, 5 wins)

Ugh. Not sure if I want to try that or settle for top 15.

Aaand...failed:

image.png.545a70b62bb7d0511ab515a8cdd029b2.png

Too many KH opponents too far ahead in level this past week. Surprise 2nd place finisher though, as e452 is Charm. 22.17 average for me, one of my higher ones so far but not enough here even with zero losses. Other than e452 everybody on the screenshot is KH, the best HC player ended up in 10th place.

I'm a bit annoyed by the guy who finished in 4th place, as he was way down the rankings until the last few hours and then rushed through what must have been nearly 200 battles. Really should have cost him more points than it did.

Not sure what Aris619 was doing, that's a rather low score for somebody who should have come close to challenging Quistis.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 4

Became 2nd both here and on Nutaku.
On here it was always going to be a three-way race between me, dido and Aure.
In the end I beat dido, but Aure did even better and got first. We all finished about 6900 points, far ahead of number 4.

On Nutaku I seem to have become victim of the bugged stats bug.
I became 2nd behind DeepTRA, a level 441 player with bugged stats.
He was boosted all week, and I managed to get 33 points against him about 25 minutes before the end of the league.
Without the bugged stats, I probably would've been able to get the 49 points I needed against him to win.
I might've fallen short anyway, but this was such a close call, that has been made impossible by bugged stats, that I really hope we finally get a bug fix for it.

• Like 5

Well, my return to D2 was short-lived this time, but not the way I expected...

1164840756_HHLeagueStory21D2forXP-Top15Again.png.b3e52b1df7c44e5489a5dab70ea7bded.png

I went for maximum XP, boosted myself exactly two days to win the otherwise unwinnable fights, and then I had to skip something like 45 attacks when I noticed that I didn't under-perform well enough for this broken "PvP" system. I waited with a faint hope that I would be pushed back in top 30 as still happens regularly in D1/S3, but then I got the above reminder that no, in D2 you're pretty much doomed as soon as you go over #16. You need to skip battles throughout the week, not just on the last couple of days.

Anyways. I'm obviously by far the lowest level in my D3 this week. 76% of the field is 380 or above. 44% is 400+. Remember when I was advised to try and catch up in XP when I reach 350 or so? That was relevant a year ago. I don't think there's a hope in hell to even get even on XP in a D3 in the current state of the league system if you're below 380 or so right now.

Parts of me is tempted to stick around in D3 just so I never have to deliberately and meticulously under-perform again. The rest of me knows how 100 times 50 points compares to even 40 times 250 points... So, I'll just have to waste yet another week, and re-teach myself the art of getting the best mediocre result, without crossing the line into an actually decent rank. Yeah, I'm a little jaded. ^^

Good luck, have fun. Stay safe, everybody.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Strange d3 this time. On the last day some players decided to push out of demotion ranks. Suddenly I could get over 600 points (15 fights left) while still getting demoted. I decided to play only my free token and ended the league with around 2500 points.

The new d2 seasons looks not doable at all:

image.png.fc48364a787e90fb9b8a7038353f1cd6.png

Rux (KH) has only 2 d2 wins but if he's not boosted yet, with stats I cant challenge with micromanaging and kresta has 15 d2 wins with insane stats (38xk ego, 74k att, 20k def), which I also wont beat even if  he's HC player.

If there isnt a hint that they dont play it for a win, I am going for a top 30 finish.

• Like 6

I think I underperformed, getting 6926 points at only 22,86 avg, but the truth is that more and more people are boosted nowadays especially with PoA2 events, and I got a relatively easy victory in D3. My club mate Ichigo-kun placed second with some rush on tuesday but his final score was a bit lower than I expected. toriko73 and asdasd were behind all week and only appeared in the last day to reclaim the third and fourth places.

image.png.a2a4938fd72627dfce0620e259ac815f.png

This new week it will be a pitched competition with @$exgod69 (26 wins)

• Like 7