How you doing in the "League"

casey

2 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Most of my league battling is done with 6 rainbows, against tricky opponents I'll sometimes swap in a few mono items for extra offense.

Thanks for this detailed journey into your battle plan. Much appreciated.

I'm kinda glad to find out we landed on the same line-up preference, except that I tend to put Val as my beta and Keiko third. I've seen a build with Mizuki and Fabienne instead, which seems equally valid (but I don't have Fabienne, so I can't really match Mizuki with another well-rounded support for Any; that's why I ended up benching her and using the two with opposite stat extremes that balance each other out). Does it make a significant difference which one is the beta or the omega, as long as we use the same two girls behind Any? If so, do you think Keiko first and Valentina behind her works better?

I can't really comment much on your booster choices. I've tried a few different things myself, but at my level it may be different. Chlorellas work a lot better for me than their reputation would suggest, and full cordyceps is the combination that gave me the worst results so far. As for mono items, I didn't really get a chance to experiment with them properly yet. I think when I'm at the point where it takes me at least a week to level up, they might start being a possibility when they show up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I'm kinda glad to find out we landed on the same line-up preference, except that I tend to put Val as my beta and Keiko third. I've seen a build with Mizuki and Fabienne instead, which seems equally valid (but I don't have Fabienne, so I can't really match Mizuki with another well-rounded support for Any; that's why I ended up benching her and using the two with opposite stat extremes that balance each other out). Does it make a significant difference which one is the beta or the omega, as long as we use the same two girls behind Any? If so, do you think Keiko first and Valentina behind her works better?

The lineup in the screenshot was mostly coincidence, my primary choices are Keiko-Any-Valentina against HC opponents and Valentina-Any-Keiko against Charm, due to their superior defense against the respective class. (Either works the same against KH.) I only swap Any to the alpha slot when more offense is needed - she's got slightly more offense and lower excitement, so I'm hitting the second orgasm one turn earlier with her when I'm using either 4 ginseng or the 2/2 setup. However, that's a razor's edge most other players won't find themselves on, I think. It's mostly a matter of personal preference anyway, other players might find Any's slightly better alpha offense a better deal than Keiko/Valentina's added defense all the time.

If Any's the alpha, then the order of Keiko and Valentina (or Fabienne or Mizuki) doesn't matter at all; they're got the same KH stat, so their effects as beta and omega are identical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

18 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Does it make a significant difference which one is the beta or the omega, as long as we use the same two girls behind Any?

It actually doesn't matter at all. The Beta and Omega's only stat which is taken into consideration is their stat which matches your class. You can check this yourself by swapping them around in the battle team in Arena and looking at the numbers shown there. It derives the extra stats in attack and defence after orgasm purely from the Beta/Omega's main stat value. So Mizuki, Keiko, Fabienne and Valentina all yield exactly the same results so long as they're maxed out.

Edit: Too slow, got ninja'd by Shal. Sorry for the double ping >.<

Edited by Darsca
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Thanks. :)

Credt where credit is due, I guess. 😃 I would give you two reactions for your detailed answer, but I cant. I really appreciate it.

Thanks. :)

To be fair, I've been quite lucky with my group assignments so far. I'm in week 4 now, and I have not yet seen any players with 10+ D3 wins - and I got the impression that some of the 5+ wins players probably got their wins back in the rushing era and they're much less of a threat now. Getting top 4's in 3 out of 4 weeks was basically my hope at the start, too, comparable to my success rate in D2 (13 wins in 16 attempts). I'm still doubtful that I'll be able to keep up my current level of success...the non-top 4's will probably start coming.

I suspect I don't know enough about how Nutaku's D3 brackets compare to HH's to give you firm advice - my impression from what @Chthugha and @Darsca are posting about their results over on Discord is that the average quality of the D3 players is probably a bit lower (leading to generally somewhat higher scores for all the better players), but the competition for the top spots is just as hard as it is on HH.

6 hours ago, Darsca said:

@blaa I think I'd agree with this assessment overall. Nutaku just generally seems to be a bit lower in competitiveness overall. Having said that, and having fought in D3 for a good few months now, I don't think I've seen anyone with Shal's relative level broaching the top 4. Part of that is down to the extent to which he's willing to optimise. I certainly don't bother putting numbers into sim calculations to squeeze extra points out of every opponent that I can, yet optimise enough to regularly out-perform other players of similar strength. 

Part of it is simply luck with opponents, which I'm sure you're well-acquainted with competing for top spots in D2.

I'd say it's worth giving it a shot if you see a D3 week on your normal demotion cycle which looks promising from the outset, but not to hang too much on getting a return on investment. Ergo, treat it as an experiment.

It seems luck of opponents is a real big thing. I cant remember that I was in a d3 the last few months with not at least 2 -3 KH players with significantly better stats, but also at least 2 players with 10 wins or more. So I really appreciate both of your assessments. I feel the same @Darsca, I wouldnt have had a chance to break to top4 in any d3 on nutaku so far, but your result @_shal_ wont continue like this probably, which I dont want for you of course.

I also have a feeling that there are more and more players over 400+ leaving their d3s. Of course we will have more 400+ every day, but 4-5 weeks ago there were never more than 1-2 over 400 in my league and now it's the second time with 5+ (and also a bunch of 390+). On the other side I am closer to the top levels every time, at least at the ranking, mostly I am in the top25 of players now.

It has turned out that my D2 boosting strategy with 5 booster sets per week works the same in D3, with 3x full ginseng, 1x full cordyceps and 1x two of each. I'm targetting different opponents with them now, though: In D2, the split set and the full cordyceps were used mostly to finish off the weakest players quickly (before they hit their first orgasm), while up in D3 I need those boosters against the stronger players, to end things before their second orgasm: Full ginseng doesn't give enough attack to do it when the opponent is stronger, and you obviously have to avoid their second orgasm hit because it costs massive amounts of points or even loses you the battle outright.

(Disclaimer for others reading this: This is strictly what works for me in my current situation as a basically average-strength D3 player. I suspect the optimal booster loadout is quite a bit different for players who are very high or very low on the D3 foodchain.)

For many types of opponents I have a pretty good handle about the optimal booster setup now, for those that aren't clear I check a sim of the potential battle results for each of my three booster choices. Generally I try to save up each opponent until I'm wearing the best booster set for them, but for players who look like they're on boosters most of the time themselves I do take them on as soon as I catch them unboosted - it's usually not worth it to wait for the chance to maybe squeeze out one or two extra points when it can mean you won't see them unboosted again at all (which will cost a lot more than two points).

That's some good bosster info here, I usually play only 2/2 the whole week, which sometimes get me frustrated on fighting the lower levels cause of their one time orgasm with only a few thousand ego left. I chang my gear of course, but the points are already lost. I have a good feeling about the strength of players and my own, so I know when I have to switch my gear before a fight, but it still happens a lot. I really can optimise this part, 4 gin against strong players makes a lot of sense as do 4 cordy on really week players. Do you think the 4 gin are still better even if you cant get the orgasm on third hit?

Is there any easy way to do a sim? I am not really into this kind of stuff, but I could help and I proably would do it, if there were a easy way.

My current unboosted stats, with 6 monos, with 3 monos / 3 rainbows, and with 6 rainbows:

image.png.e07f013d76c23bbf402dbe674ab6c99b.pngimage.png.70817702cec02e4553c37effa84ac87b.png  

That looks also great. I see why you didnt have problems to win d2 that often. With these stats I would beat the current top dog (408kh) in my league. Not sure if the difference is that big to what I have, but iI am sure I wont have a chance with this (3 mono/6rainbow):

55eccd9227661587a3293e2ba6952c0f.png067967723476efa1c6ac7cf2a6d9b3d5.png

Sure there will be a little boost when my alpha will lvl up in a few arena rounds, but that's obviously not much. I am also not really up to date with my rainbows. If I get top stats items for my level, there could be another boost of 3k ego and some att/def. But still not much I guess - and I assume you are in a similar position.

@all: Thanks for sharing and evaluating. Really appreciate it. My stance will most likely change a bit, especially in using the boosters. And also: So far I collected my league price not at the beginning of a new league, I tried to use the combativity as a booster for one contest or an event. Since I most of the time cant get more than 1300 points I could easily wait until monday/tuesday - I guess, I will change this and have a look on every d3 at the beginning and if I see a weak league, I will try it. Honestly, I am really tired of this demotion/promotion game, especially since you have a big advantage on contests in your demotion-cycle most of the time.

Edited by blaa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@_shal_ (or anyone else who might want to answer), if I can add another question... about the mono stuff, have you always used it or only after a certain level/value?

I ask because the few mono stuff I've gotten (IMO, of course), it doesn't seem to be worth using instead of the rainbow stuff. I've also gotten few stuff for my class, which has prevented me from experimenting much :S 

I suppose that with leveling the values begin having more effect and being worth it? Or am I measuring it wrong?  

@Karyia A good mono gear is always worth to use in some occassions, some people use one or more of them permanently. It also depends on what boosters you use, and your strategy approach to the leagues. Some people prioritize attack, others defense, high ego, etc. Others like @_shal_ adapts every battle acording to the player he is attacking.

But as always you need to get many gear items (my estimation is one in twenty) to receive one of your specialty, and then it also has to had good stats, or at least better than the one you previously own. That means a lot of great pachinko, epic pachinko, champions, ... So the easy way is using rainbow gear.

Edited by jelom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Karyia said:

@_shal_ (or anyone else who might want to answer), if I can add another question... about the mono stuff, have you always used it or only after a certain level/value?

I ask because the few mono stuff I've gotten (IMO, of course), it doesn't seem to be worth using instead of the rainbow stuff. I've also gotten few stuff for my class, which has prevented me from experimenting much :S 

I suppose that with leveling the values begin having more effect and being worth it? Or am I measuring it wrong?  

The relative stat "quality" of rainbows versus monos stays pretty much constant regardless of level, as far as I can tell, so there's no level range where one type is definitely better than the other. However, you're playing as Charm class, right? That's arguably the one class that needs monos the least, since the effectiveness of your PvP special move is based on high defense and monos don't do anything for that.

Where mono items can be effective for Charm players: In champions against Matsuda and Ryu, since the main stat contributes to both offense and defense there.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/7/2020 at 11:25 PM, Darsca said:

I would not hang too much expectation on your league performance being affected by this, both negatively before it was fixed or positively now it has been fixed. My understanding of the bug was that it affected a relatively tiny proportion of players, and also that it had been triggered in part by purchasing of world bundles. Hardly anyone in D3 is likely at this point in time to have been offered a world bundle recently. Having just one or possibly two players with slightly warped stats wouldn't make much difference in a league, since everyone else playing in that bracket would have also had to deal with it.

Oh, I was just stating my impression, no pretense of it being as cast gold. Anyway, that means that in the last weeks I was in Dicktator III leagues with at least half of the players practically constantly boostered for all the week (a high percentage, at least for my small experience in Dicktator III). That makes me wonder why the hell people seems willing to spend between 1680 and 2520 kobans per week in boosters (apart stashes and Mythic Pachinko rewards) without the certainty to get them back with the end-of-league rewards. I said more than once that I don't use math too much in my game, but two rough and elementary calculations about the resources to spend in consideration of the possible rewards, IMHO are the essential bread for any player that reach Dicktator III (unless one is somehow playing a losing game, but, no offense, reach Dicktator III behaving that way IMHO would be plain stupid, if nothing else for wasting the player and possibly also the other players time). For sure, evaluations may be wrong and thus may bring to results inferior to the expectation, but the quantities of players I have seen behaving as I described above, make me think that or many players have a blind trust in the Luck Goddess, or they are too optimistic of their possibilities despite having repeatedly smashed their face on the wall of limits. Or, perhaps, they have always been rejected in math.

By the way, I noted just now that we seem to have a new moderator around here, so welcome @Darsca.

Edited by Observer_X
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Observer_X said:

Oh, I was just stating my impression, no pretense of it being as cast gold. Anyway, that means that in the last weeks I was in Dicktator III leagues with at least half of the players practically constantly boostered for all the week (a high percentage, at least for my small experience in Dicktator III). That makes me wonder why the hell people seems willing to spend between 1680 and 2520 kobans per week in boosters (apart stashes and Mythic Pachinko rewards) without the certainty to get them back with the end-of-league rewards. I said more than once that I don't use math too much in my game, but two rough and elementary calculations about the resources to spend in consideration of the possible rewards, IMHO are the essential bread for any player that reach Dicktator III (unless one is somehow playing a losing game, but, no offense, reach Dicktator III behaving that way IMHO would be plain stupid, if nothing else for wasting the player and possibly also the other players time). For sure, evaluations may be wrong and thus may bring to results inferior to the expectation, but the quantities of players I have seen behaving as I described above, make me think that or many players have a blind trust in the Luck Goddess, or they are too optimistic of their possibilities despite having repeatedly smashed their face on the wall of limits. Or, perhaps, they have always been rejected in math.

By the way, I noted just now that we seem to have a new moderator around here, so welcome @Darsca.

You do indeed, and thanks! 

Yeah, the number of people boosting in D3 leagues is slightly ridiculous these days, even in Nutaku where this scrub (myself) plays primarily. The overall numbers have been increasing for months. Much of the effort required now for top spots (assuming you are at a competitive level) is by taking care to scour through the list on each league snapshot and pick off opponents when their boosters have dropped. Annoying, but profitable if you take the time. And probably well-advised for those sticking it out in D3 while un-boosted to cut Koban costs too.

I shall not comment on the math skills of those who do it even when they're definitely not making back their loss, as I'm liable to cause offence. Instead I shall theorise they are doing it in the hopes that staying on top of the xp rat race will eventually lead to profits as they edge out the competition in level. This is probably an overly generous estimation of the thought process involved but, well, not really my problem. They may play however they wish.

• Like 3

I managed to leech exactly as much XP as I could while still demoting from D1 to S3, which was my plan (we were 106 players in that league, so anything above #92 would have left me stuck in D1):

1489337595_HHLeagueStory17D1-S3Demotion.png.4d0319f619b23fa6b22d317d90c5c2de.png

Now that I'm finally done demoting, it's time for the second part of my plan (and hopefully much more fun and rewarding than waiting around for 2 weeks ^^). I'm a bit shocked at the sheer number of high level players in my S3 league. I expected some competition for first place, but it looks like I might have low-rolled: 50 players above level 300 (the top dog is 398!) out of 101 so far... It's going to be a bigger challenge than I hoped. But I'll fight it to the bitter end! S3, get ready! I'm coming for you. 🤠

Good luck have fun this week, you guys! And stay safe.

• Like 6

Finished 17th on my D2 😅

I was very lucky! My aim was to get to top 45, which I did. Better than I thought actually, as by the end I was 31st, 5 points shy of top 30.

Luckily, my league had expanded to 109 players, and despite being "tokenless", I was able to refill (1st time but worth it) and get a few more fights (I could actually get to top 15 but hell no!) in, so extra xp and better rewards come this way, please! 👌😍 

Very happy with my result this week but, for sure, lucky with how things turned out.

The new league is looking more fearsome already... so hoping I can reach top 45 again but knowing it will be a struggle 👊

Good luck everyone 👍

011 D2 200507 4.png

• Like 6

Finished 49th in D3. Been around this level for 3 weeks now, with Top 45 seemingly out of reach, which confirms that my lonely 38th place was an anomaly, due to luck with a weaker league.

This week seems tough, again in bottom 10 by level, and my boosters from MP ran out. So I'm going to take it easy and probably settle for somewhere around 60th.

• Like 6

Finished on 20th place in d2, with only 4 points left to 15 and only 98 to 31. 

My new d2 looks promising since there is so far only one player with slightly better stats than me and KH but he only has 2 second places in d2 - so I assume he doesnt boost this much or he is going back to d1 where he has a lot more wins. There are 21 players with a higher level than I have and 7 of them over 400. I have to fight some CH players with some d2 wins, who have slightly better stats, but I still hope KH will prevail.

So far it doesnt seem the league timer is adjusted to the new day change next week - I already have changed my booster usage, so hopefully they fix that or I have spend 60 kobans (for a 6th round of boosters) for nothing.

edit: Well, sucks, I got another 407 player in my league, this time KH with 19 d2 wins (I actually was in the same league with him for 5 times), so my gamble wasnt succesfull, now I have won against some low level with max points and already have applied a set of boosters cause of the reset changes next week, i.e. - 60 nutaku kobans and some XP in the end; obviously I am going to play for another 16-30 this week.

edit: another kh-player with level 402 and 9 d2 wins joined - I would beat him, but cant imagine how I should beat the other

Edited by blaa
changes
  • Like 7

Mi good run continues. Surprisingly I had a safe distance to the second, @Chthugha who was all the week below 15th and rushed a bit in the end. Darkone did also a good average,. Grovdar was third making good his comment saying he was a contender too.  Kilik77 dissapointed me a bit, but perhaps he had some battles left to use in the end.

image.png.840d6d63ff0210135202b809ebd34763.png

This week I am the top level player, but E.N.D. (lv 435, 22 wins in D3) will dispute the first place.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, jelom said:

Mi good run continues. Surprisingly I had a safe distance to the second, @Chthugha who was all the week below 15th and rushed a bit in the end. Darkone did also a good average,. Grovdar was third making good his comment saying he was a contender too.  Kilik77 dissapointed me a bit, but perhaps he had some battles left to use in the end.

This week I am the top level player, but E.N.D. (lv 435, 22 wins in D3) will dispute the first place.

What can I say... busy week.
I had a lot of moments that I lost battles, which brought me to a large amount of refills needed (3 and a bit in total) before going to bed.
I was never going to win against you, and I thought kilik would've had 15 more battles, so I was indeed surprised to see I was still 2nd in the morning.
Not that it matters, because 2nd or 3rd in the end is all the same.
Anyway, over 10 levels is way too much, and combining that with very little time this week, that will lead to very poor scores.
I could've been a little bit closer (around the 6800 mark) if I had the time to play properly.

Gratz with first place though.

• Like 5

I'm surprised that Walaki got such a low final score as he was the one with the most D3 wins besides me. 
At least I assume that this was his final score as he didn't gain any points after reaching that score for several hours, and this screenshot was taken 2.5 hours before reset.
I guess he didn't go all out cuz he didn't think he could win anyway or something. 

Well well, winning was really nice as there are a bunch of girls from this event I don't have already 😂
This week my main opponent is level 437 player xxxvvdxxx with 16 D3 wins.
He has slightly higher stats than me so I'm not too hopeful.

Good luck!

hhsw20.png

Edited by Slynia
  • Like 5

This week results:

• 107 players: 394 - highest level, 244 - lowest, median - 320,27
  • made 258 battles: 225 - wins, 33 - loses, 60 remaining tokens
  • 15th place score - 4319; got 17th with 4315 points
  • was boosted for 2 days: 2 epic gingseng + 2 epic cordyceps and 1 epic gingseng + 1 legendary chlorella + 2 epic cordyceps

694207577_-1.thumb.jpg.9e7f22e7dbf6b57444835c36db689868.jpg

So, what can I say? 15th place was ~200 points less than it was in the previous league. If we ~ round the numbers of XP for wins (250 XP) and losses (50 XP), we can count that this time I managed to get:

• 225 x 250 = 56250
  • 33 x 50 = 1650
  • 56250 + 1650 = 57900 XP

Last time it was 215 wins and 78 losses for ~4500 points:

• 215 x 250 = 53750
  • 78 x 50 = 3900
  • 53750 + 3900 = 57650 XP

This week I deliberately missed tokens for 1 entire day and din't do any battles. Last time I tried to score every possible token and deliberately lost some battles with beggars clothes and level 1 girls. If I lose, I score, on average, 4-5 points. And if I win - ~19 points (to be safe than sorry). XP proportion for Win-lose is 1/5, so even if you always score 4 points, when you lose, you'll get 20 points in 5 battles - more than 19 for 1 win. And sometimes you score 5 or even 6 points.

The conclusion is that there is no need for all this clothes masquerade and girls swap. 😀 Just don't use the tokens and do only win fights. That's how you're gonna get more XP.

@Karyia congratz with awesome results! 274 level player gets 17th place in D2. WOW Who could have thought. Maybe you got some sneaky level 500 equipment some time ago? 😃

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

@Karyia congratz with awesome results! 274 level player gets 17th place in D2. WOW Who could have thought. Maybe you got some sneaky level 500 equipment some time ago? 😃

Thanks :D It had more to do with timing and circumstances but I'll take it 🙄😏 Might've also be the result of an easier league but I'll soon find out!

Can't say that I did and nobody gave me anything yet 😭😂 I do need to play some orbs to get more up-to-date gear, actually!

10 hours ago, jelom said:

Congrats !

This week was probably the toughest D3 for me ever since I started on November 2019?

But I managed to finish 11th and I'm very satisfied with the result given the fierce competition.

Edited by linkdream
  • Like 3

This is getting a little weird... definitely it seems I unknowingly made a subscription to 35th place, as it was my final ranking for the third week in a row.

It seems also that the league difficulty is somewhat stabilizing, as my new league is very similar to the last ones, with a good slice of 400+K EGO players (although it is quite hard to say if at natural or after a swim in the Pool of the Boosters). I'm almost prone to bet that next week ot will be another 35th place...

• Like 4

Best D3 average so far at 22.29, but "only" third place this time around:

image.png.6c9ee99a23ea2e57c4c9f72175e1684d.png

Huge margin to 5th and below, though. And the usual 100-ish points to first... Generally weaker mid-range players than the week before seemed to account for most of the difference in scoring potential. Anyway, the winner was who jelom and I had considered the likely favourite.

This week I'm going to try to slink into a top 15 finish for as cheap as possible. Not enough time to play as efficiently as usual and it's a bracket that looks un-top 4-able for me anyway...too many high level KH players that I consider competent enough to exceed my potential score, probably at least 5 of them. (Plus one very high level Charm player that could also have proved troublesome.) Target average 20.50 for me.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 4

Finished 2nd again. :( Well, again, it's been a while, but so close. This time I was no1. 24 minutes before the end. When I got passed I don't know, didn't look anymore after, but it could have been only one player. His stats were better than mine. But still, I wish he overslept. :P 

This week I'll be very lucky of I manage a top 4 as many players are waay over my head. Still, I'm going to try one of the ideas Shal used. I did vary a bit with my boosters, but never went full cordyceps. Logic sounds solid on killing of the low level ones before the orgasm. 

• Like 5

Well, this week I will place second. One cannot win always, and it is also a good position and rewards. Congrats to E.N.D. who has reached 6982 points (23,04 avg).

It is really charm so strong now? He could afford a big rush during the weekend, finishing with a few more fights on monday and with some strange alpha changes in between. Also the actual third place is held by Laymu (lv 411), charm again , although it seems he is affected in part by the overstrength bug (I call it the overbooster bug because act as if the player had more boosters than the usual 4) I am getting a bit annoyed with this bug seeing how it is spreading to more players over time and distorting the gameplay. Nari (KH lvl 429, 12 wins) one of the other strong players this week is 4th at this moment.

• Like 2