How you doing in the "League"

casey

Managed to place right in front of the former 7-time winner in my bracket, but it wasn't enough to win - congrats to @Hotless.

image.png.c8d6e4b72c76800df31a3cbcc1db088a.png

22.27 average, up about a quarter of a point from my first try last week, but just about the same substantial 100-odd points margin to the winner.

• Like 5

Finished 41st in D2 this past week. Sliding down the D2 ranks a bit, normally I've been able to get top 30, but only once in the last 3 weeks, partly due to missing attacks, partly due to not being able to beat quite so many foes.

Guess it may be time to use boosters a bit more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This week I managed to win again in D3 with 6909 points and 23,05 average. kilik77 was second, he was strong but in the end he lagged a bit. My team mate Master got the 3rd place. chenpaul in 4th position was also in the best rewards places.

Since the year started my results in league were mostly second places but It seems I am on the right track with three consecutive victories in D3. Luck with the stronger rivals assigned to your league is vital to get a good position and being able to win.

image.png.803d0d98c8a6e7a8423df64dda4ba1e0.png

For this week i have as a main rival Thoflo (lvl 427, 9 wins in D3), but I have won him before, so i expect the same this season.

• Like 6

Finished #20 in my D2. It was a bit of a weird last day. As early as yesterday morning (CET), a lot of people were already in "I won't move until you do" mode, to the point that I had to skip some attacks to not jump into top 15. It stayed like that until the evening, with everyone from #15 to #30 very close to each other (I was #17 or something at that time). Then, all of a sudden, a bunch of people moved up in ranks by a ton, to the point that I was almost out of top 30, and I went from being a couple of points behind #15 to hundreds of points! I guess that's what you'd call a "late rush", though I fail to see the point at all, especially in a strong D2 selection like that one, where top 4 was a million miles ahead of everybody else anyways. From there, I started spending my attacks like a madman to regain a secure top 30 position. As I was doing so, people were still using refills to jump ahead (I distinctly remember being #18 at some point, doing a few fights, and then checking again and I was #19!). That was a bit insane, and fairly unusual. In the end, I had to go from "careful not to earn too many points" to "gain as many points as you can ASAP". When the smoke got down, much to my dismay, I was actually exactly #15, exactly 1 point ahead of the guy at #16. And then time stood still until I went to bed, at which point I was fully expecting to be screwed and end up promoting. Lucky for me, some more mad rushers did more pointless stuff while I was sleeping, and I woke up in my usual range. ^^

This week, and the next few, I'm going on a wild adventure across hopefully three different leagues, in a quest for extra kobans (at the cost of quite a bit of XP). I'm aiming for demotion into D1, then into S3 next week, and then I'll move my way up at full speed two weeks from now. It should allow me to chillax, save a lot in boosters, and hopefully get a net gain at the end if I reach my goal of dominating S3 and doing at least a solid top 4 in D1, before finally going back to D2 hopefully stronger and a bit more secure, a month from now. We'll see how it goes.

Best of luck to all of you, stay safe and have fun.

• Like 6

I redeemed myself from last time's fiasco where I ended up with the exact same score as the winner (so I ended up 2nd because I finished all my fights after him), so I got 1st place in my D3 bracket this time. 

Not much to say about how my league-week went other than that, but I was careful to not f**k up my boosters this time around 😂

• Like 4

I don't know if the result is more due to the restart of my internship (no more making 5:00am for me...) and the number of 400k+ EGO players in my last league, or the infamous stat bug that is affecting the leagues, but last week I had to sweat to reach in the end only 35th place. Unluckily, this week the situation appears even worse, due to the fact that I was able to exploit the free tokens only at 8:10am, and the again increased number of 400k+ EGO players (and I noted a couple that exceeded 500K, although they were probably boosted). I don't really know if I will be able to reach the 15-30 reward tier again, at least in my actual conditions (both life and gaming).

• Like 4

This week the league went tough. There were a lot of high level players which I couldn't beat even with boosters. So, I was challenging them with the worst unupgraded girls to be able to score less points (4-5) and get more XP while battling the ones I can beat. It is a good strat, overall (I think, I may be wrong), cause it gives you more XP. You don't find yourself stuck on the 16th place with a lot of unused tokens. Well, this time in the end it turned out that I could barely catch up with the 30th place (4750 points - 15th place, 4600 points - 30th place). Even had to refill 5 tokens for 57 kobans. Luckily, I was able to secure top 30. And, what is even more pleasant, I was boosted with epics only for two days, so, 240 more profit in comparison with the previous weeks.  

1868020280_-1.thumb.jpg.b9f853617d7587b1b5ae377104af1d47.jpg

Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

This week the league went tough. There were a lot of high level players which I couldn't beat even with boosters. So, I was challenging them with the worst unupgraded girls to be able to score less points (4-5) and get more XP while battling the ones I can beat. It is a good strat, overall (I think, I may be wrong), cause it gives you more XP. You don't find yourself stuck on the 16th place with a lot of unused tokens. Well, this time in the end it turned out that I could barely catch up with the 30th place (4750 points - 15th place, 4600 points - 30th place). Even had to refill 5 tokens for 57 kobans. Luckily, I was able to secure top 30. And, what is even more pleasant, I was boosted with epics only for two days, so, 240 more profit in comparison with the previous weeks.  

Just curious, 240 saved by using epics instead of legendaries, or by using fewer epics than in previous weeks?

Demotion: check, but only 400 points (what really sucked with 5 (or6?) xp-contests this week on nutaku)

D2: looking not doable wth the the top3 player so far having 407, 403, 403, all KH, and one of them 14 d2 wins

• Like 5

Screenshot_20200507-102555_1588819122161.thumb.jpg.bbce91e456c1a376c3cae6ea69527874.jpg

I just take a test by using epic boosters one day instead of Legendary boosters.I tried to fight weak player to get 25 score but get some 23 to 24 instead.

Then I was fucked up.

Never let yourself down when you are in D1 to D3. 

Edited by yoyowhan
  • Like 4

2nd place again, about 100 points behind again, average down to 22.04...no absolute monsters at the top, but this bracket felt pretty tough in the middle of the pack. Fluky RNG means I still haven't lost any battles after three weeks in D3 despite having to fight three opponents so far (one this week, two last) where I wasn't gonna win without crit luck.

image.png.6b280bda5c760a6f875caf164cd8d2c9.png

• Like 8

I won in D3 this week with 7026 points (23,19 avg). This was the standing when I went to sleep, probably Thoflo scaled some positions later.

image.png.1f492f130bfc97f6b43f2cac6f5d59d7.png

This week will be interesting with kilik77 (lvl 439, 18 victories in D3), darkone (lvl 430, 6 wins), and Chthugha (lvl 428, 8 wins) as the main favorites for Top 4

• Like 8

Ok. This week went relatively easy. Only 100 players, from 401 to 232, median - 318,46. Made 293 fights. 215 won, 78 lost. 4 unused tokens. Was boosted for 2 days with epic ones. 10 minutes before the end of the contest had to boost one more time. Well, it does count, but... it doesn't LOL cause I will be boosted for all the next day - 1st day of another league. I was thinking that, maybe I could have missed some lost battles (missed some tokens) in the first days to lessen the points number to then be able to score them as wins against other opponents and gain some more XP. But in a league with so little opponents it is not possible. Maybe it is a doable strat. I'll try to check it out in future leagues.

99555907_-2.thumb.jpg.4fcc07b2c221d775760ccc4752d008ae.jpg

5 hours ago, Karyia said:

Finished 6th on D1, for a change

A HUGE mistake 😉

P.S. by the way, guys, I wanted to ask one question but don't want to make a whole topic in the QA section of the forum for it. So, the question is: is it possible to score less than 3 points in a league fight? I was using level 1 girls to score as little as possible but couldn't score less than 3. I am selling all the garbage equipment from leaderboard rewards and free great pachinko in the shop at once but maybe I should stop doing it and acquire some beggars clothes to score 1 or 2?

Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Like 4

I won my D3 league with 7039 points (23,23 average). Feels like it was quite some time ago since I got that high an average.
In 2nd place came "that french mod" that people like to refer to Joe as 😂

This week I am once again the top dog with no other "real" competition. Meaning that as long as I play seriously I should win.
The 2nd "best" player in my league when it comes to wins in D3 has 5 wins, whilst I have 29 so.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by Slynia
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

P.S. by the way, guys, I wanted to ask one question but don't want to make a whole topic in the QA section of the forum for it. So, the question is: is it possible to score less than 3 points in a league fight? I was using level 1 girls to score as little as possible but couldn't score less than 3. I am selling all the garbage equipment from leaderboard rewards and free great pachinko in the shop at once but maybe I should stop doing it and acquire some beggars clothes to score 1 or 2?

Nah, the lowest score you can get on a loss is 3, as a guaranteed 'base'.

https://www.kinkoid.com/features/leagues-and-leaderboards-faqs/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Demoted to D1. Grabbed about 3k XP at the very end when it seemed safe enough (a dozen of us were at exactly 0 pts for most of the week). On my way to S3 this week... 😫

I'm confident that I need to do this, and that the time is right, and hopeful to get the results I want in the end, but... this is pretty damn boring nonetheless! ^^ My D1 is ripe with fresh meat that I could definitely take on even without any boosters, even though there's also an alarmingly high number of 350+ players as well. Eager for next week when I'll start reaping the benefits from this operation!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, _shal_ said:

2nd place again, about 100 points behind again, average down to 22.04...no absolute monsters at the top, but this bracket felt pretty tough in the middle of the pack. Fluky RNG means I still haven't lost any battles after three weeks in D3 despite having to fight three opponents so far (one this week, two last) where I wasn't gonna win without crit luck.

image.png.6b280bda5c760a6f875caf164cd8d2c9.png

that's really impressive, especially with your level!

I am wondering if I can stay in d3 too with 11 level lower and maybe grind 3 out  of 4 (2,8/4) top 4 in a month, if that would be realistic I would happily stay in d3. Maybe you could shed some light on your fighting and boosting. I guess you are doing at least as much micromanaging as I do, probably even a little bit more since I am not doing any math or calculations.

What probably could help me: What are you basic stats? When do you change from 2/2 to 4 ginseng (i thought that were you boosters in one of the screens before)? Or how do you predict what your outcome most likely will be (I guess you do some maths)? ...? Or is it just trying and see where I can get?

There is a difference been nutaku and hh too, but not sure if we have on nutaku harder or weaker leagues. 😃

I know, not everybody likes sharing, but I am content with every hint I can get to ease my decision.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, blaa said:

that's really impressive, especially with your level!

Thanks. :)

I am wondering if I can stay in d3 too with 11 level lower and maybe grind 3 out  of 4 (2,8/4) top 4 in a month, if that would be realistic I would happily stay in d3.

To be fair, I've been quite lucky with my group assignments so far. I'm in week 4 now, and I have not yet seen any players with 10+ D3 wins - and I got the impression that some of the 5+ wins players probably got their wins back in the rushing era and they're much less of a threat now. Getting top 4's in 3 out of 4 weeks was basically my hope at the start, too, comparable to my success rate in D2 (13 wins in 16 attempts). I'm still doubtful that I'll be able to keep up my current level of success...the non-top 4's will probably start coming.

I suspect I don't know enough about how Nutaku's D3 brackets compare to HH's to give you firm advice - my impression from what @Chthugha and @Darsca are posting about their results over on Discord is that the average quality of the D3 players is probably a bit lower (leading to generally somewhat higher scores for all the better players), but the competition for the top spots is just as hard as it is on HH.

Maybe you could shed some light on your fighting and boosting. I guess you are doing at least as much micromanaging as I do, probably even a little bit more since I am not doing any math or calculations.

It has turned out that my D2 boosting strategy with 5 booster sets per week works the same in D3, with 3x full ginseng, 1x full cordyceps and 1x two of each. I'm targetting different opponents with them now, though: In D2, the split set and the full cordyceps were used mostly to finish off the weakest players quickly (before they hit their first orgasm), while up in D3 I need those boosters against the stronger players, to end things before their second orgasm: Full ginseng doesn't give enough attack to do it when the opponent is stronger, and you obviously have to avoid their second orgasm hit because it costs massive amounts of points or even loses you the battle outright.

(Disclaimer for others reading this: This is strictly what works for me in my current situation as a basically average-strength D3 player. I suspect the optimal booster loadout is quite a bit different for players who are very high or very low on the D3 foodchain.)

For many types of opponents I have a pretty good handle about the optimal booster setup now, for those that aren't clear I check a sim of the potential battle results for each of my three booster choices. Generally I try to save up each opponent until I'm wearing the best booster set for them, but for players who look like they're on boosters most of the time themselves I do take them on as soon as I catch them unboosted - it's usually not worth it to wait for the chance to maybe squeeze out one or two extra points when it can mean you won't see them unboosted again at all (which will cost a lot more than two points).

What are you basic stats?

My current unboosted stats, with 6 monos, with 3 monos / 3 rainbows, and with 6 rainbows:

image.png.7ede68692463406e960598a2376a4cda.pngimage.png.e07f013d76c23bbf402dbe674ab6c99b.pngimage.png.70817702cec02e4553c37effa84ac87b.png  

Most of my league battling is done with 6 rainbows, against tricky opponents I'll sometimes swap in a few mono items for extra offense.

Edited by _shal_
fixed the screenshots
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Seems that lately I have made a subscription to the 35th place of my league, as it is my rank for two weeks in a row. My impression is that the restart of my internship, along with the stat item bug, had a relevant weight on my final result. My new league, anyways, unfortunately seems to have been unaffected by the correction of the item bug: although I had not time to examine the roster closely, it seems that the difficulty is quite high.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

I suspect I don't know enough about how Nutaku's D3 brackets compare to HH's to give you firm advice - my impression from what @Chthugha and @Darsca are posting about their results over on Discord is that the average quality of the D3 players is probably a bit lower (leading to generally somewhat higher scores for all the better players), but the competition for the top spots is just as hard as it is on HH.

@blaa I think I'd agree with this assessment overall. Nutaku just generally seems to be a bit lower in competitiveness overall. Having said that, and having fought in D3 for a good few months now, I don't think I've seen anyone with Shal's relative level broaching the top 4. Part of that is down to the extent to which he's willing to optimise. I certainly don't bother putting numbers into sim calculations to squeeze extra points out of every opponent that I can, yet optimise enough to regularly out-perform other players of similar strength. 

Part of it is simply luck with opponents, which I'm sure you're well-acquainted with competing for top spots in D2.

I'd say it's worth giving it a shot if you see a D3 week on your normal demotion cycle which looks promising from the outset, but not to hang too much on getting a return on investment. Ergo, treat it as an experiment.

26 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

My impression is that the restart of my internship, along with the stat item bug, had a relevant weight on my final result. My new league, anyways, unfortunately seems to have been unaffected by the correction of the item bug: although I had not time to examine the roster closely, it seems that the difficulty is quite high.

I would not hang too much expectation on your league performance being affected by this, both negatively before it was fixed or positively now it has been fixed. My understanding of the bug was that it affected a relatively tiny proportion of players, and also that it had been triggered in part by purchasing of world bundles. Hardly anyone in D3 is likely at this point in time to have been offered a world bundle recently. Having just one or possibly two players with slightly warped stats wouldn't make much difference in a league, since everyone else playing in that bracket would have also had to deal with it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1