How you doing in the "League"

casey

I screwed up! 15th in D2 😖 . I took what looked like a nailed-on 13 point loss in order to gain a soupçon of extra XP in the dying minutes of the league and ended up winning the bloody fight & promoting to D3 🤦‍♂️! Literally the worst possible outcome what with Legendary Contests starting on Monday! 

Screenshot (113).png

• Like 4
  • Sad 8

That was a close one, got barley in top15 in the last minute. I didnt play with a lot of boosters: only one day 2 leg gin / 2 leg cordy and 2 days with 2 leg chlor / 2 epic gin and the rest of the week without boosters - in the end I had to buy the 4 missing fights to get in to top15 - obviously worth it.

image.png.3217985e671327f951bab2f7d54cee9b.png

The top 7 players were all KH; if I would have played seriously I am pretty sure I could have beaten naraku (he has bugged stats, is a perma booster but I won against him already two times) and hftlll (since he's worse than naraku), but not anyone else.

image.png.8adc03a5b56569b08ee70d053ba4fe34.png

This week looks better; with reisen and charle I have two club members in my league. If I am lucky an I actually can beat hftlll then I might get a top4. But let's see, I try my best. It's a pitty that LC is so late into the league.

GL everyone. 

Edited by blaa
  • Like 9

A close win with 6941 points. High average with 23.14 . Strong bracket in the top places as you can see by the points in the screenshot, but not so in the medium, lower places.

As @Kenrae stated, there are more and more lower level players constantly (or most of the time) boosted lately. Fortunately i could find most of the top ones unboosted during the week.

Moddy did a great score and almost overtake me. Lolilover made an unexpected 3rd place, and Monster750 was 4th. Nari was a bit of a deception getting only 5th place when he has 16 wins. 

image.png.ab2523a18d60c10ea22bc4fe7c85ba30.png

Edited by jelom
  • Like 12

Really tough bracket last week for me!
afaf.jpg

No, but seriously, I've never seen 2nd place in D3 having such a low score?
However, the screenshot was taken 10 minutes before reset so someone may or may not have been doing last-minute fights!

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Last week results: 

• 114 players: 436  highest level, 292  lowest, average  374.55, median  380; 400+ – 29 players; 390+ – 16 players; 380+ – 13 players
  • made 271 battles: 268  wins, 3  losses (0  13 points), 68 remaining tokens
  • average points per wins: 17.585
  • 15th place score  4731; got 23d with 4725 points
  • was boosted for 2 days: 1 time 2 legendary + 2 epic cordyceps; 1 time 4 legendary chlorella

2060624824_-3.thumb.jpg.e0e88c475aaa60d978bc8f5fc41ec3da.jpg

• Sad face for Caradog. :-( He was playing very risky though.
  • Due to a huge lag I couldn't record the top 9 player's setups (and missed 4 points), so only an overall screen available. First two places are Hardcore, 4th is Know-how.

660840719_-1.thumb.jpg.656381395490410a5caf207f77c12801.jpg

GL HF 😉

• Like 8

On 10/8/2020 at 3:34 PM, _shal_ said:

D3 with 101 players again:

wong7lee              KH 453    2nd place x2
Pyth                  KH 449    2 wins
Ichimatsu             Ch 447    2nd place x2
MICK69                KH 447    1 win
overload100           Ch 445    4th place x4
Madcap                HC 441    9th place x2
Ashura62              Ch 440    2 wins
Minime                HC 437    5th place x1
Filoufix              KH 436    7th place x1
malbone               HC 436    7th place x2
Sex-motor             KH 435    4th place x1
DanDugstar            Ch 434    2nd place x1
B.I.T.E triumvirat    Ch 434    2nd place x5
gocouille             HC 429    3rd place x2
Harley                Ch 428    3rd place x1
NARDI                 KH 415    4th place x1

This could be anything between 1st and 5th+ for me... wong7lee is not only the highest-level player, but also heavily bugged (more than +4000 points right now). So that'll be a guaranteed loss for me if I can't catch that player unboosted, while the level 440+ players will probably be able to win those battles anyway, which would be an extra ~15 points I'll need to make up elsewhere. We'll see.

I suppose I'm actually joint-most winning player in this bracket with 2 D3 wins...

About the average result of what could have been expected in that field:

image.png.449956da0ad9e96b8624da85ad3aaf8e.png

Second week running with a new personal best score (22.56, in total 4 points more than last week and with less RNG luck on crits here), but not nearly enough. Pyth was nice enough to rush to the finish line (22.66) with almost two days to go, at which point I knew I could no longer win the whole thing since I definitely didn't have enough points left to score to beat 6797. Got about 10 points closer to him in the end than I thought I would, but obviously 30 points of difference is still sizable.

wong7lee's first career D3 win didn't surprise me that much - scouring the forum I found that he was still HC class as late as July, and since switching to KH he did a 22.72 in one of Slynia's brackets last month, so his 22.76 here was a caliber of performance I had to expect. I tried to track his probable average through the week, but that's rather difficult for players who just spend their league tokens whenever rather than those who do complete opponents (i.e. players whose points are increasing in multiples of 3 battles). It did seem to indicate pretty early that I wasn't going to beat his score, even with the vague assumptions I had to make about his battling.

The top 3 players by level (wong7lee, Pyth and Ichimatsu) were actually all from the same club, but I don't believe any of them intentionally weakened for the others. I was lucky to find wong7lee beatable at all...he was usually boosted with 2 Gin + 2 Cor, but at some point in the middle of the week he suddenly showed up with 2 Ginseng only, and I took my shot at the time even though it only yielded 17 / 17 / 16 points. Even more weirdly, on the next snapshot he only had 2 Cordyceps instead, even though I never saw him without the Ginsengs according to the live stats in his profile... (Maybe all that was actually an intentional weakening, I dunno.) After that episode he was max-boosted (and max-bugged) permanently again.

@MICK69 decided to demote, I guess, which made my path to the top 4 a lot more clear early on, and allowed 4th place to be claimed by a relatively lucky player averaging just over 22.

Besides the winner there were two players I never saw unboosted at all, level 416 NARDI who just sneaked into the screenshot above, and a lowly level 372 Charm player.

The top 15 were (in order): KH, KH, KH, Ch, Ch, Ch, Ch, HC, KH, HC (with KH alpha), KH, Ch, HC, KH, KH. Not a super-competitive bracket and an average of just under 20 was still enough to get into the top 15 ranks with 5981 for 15th and 5950 for 16th place.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this past week marked the 6-month anniversary of my move up to D3.

2x 1st
8x 2nd
6x 3rd
3x 4th
1x failed top 4 (finished 6th)
6x intentional top 15's

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, Slynia said:

With 6391 points (21,51 avg in 100 players league) he would have been 11th in my league last week. The tenth position in my league was 6560 (21,86 avg with 101 players).

As I commented last week there is a great variation in points average for top places in different weeks and brackets, so there are oportunities for not so strong players to seize some victories or at least top 4 places.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jelom said:

As I commented last week there is a great variation in points average for top places in different weeks and brackets, so there are oportunities for not so strong players to seize some victories or at least top 4 places.

Indeed. If any of those 9 people below you in your bracket would've been in my bracket instead of me, they would've most likely gotten a cheap win.
For these players, unfortunately, then more often than not there is that one guy that is just impossible to defeat. In this case, it just happened to be me. 

But indeed, we were 100 players so that 21.51 average is extremely low for a top 4 finish, and I believe it's the first time I'm seeing (in my brackets at least) 2nd place being below 6400 points... Well... if we exclude that one week when people were not demoted at reset. 😂

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Slynia said:

Indeed. If any of those 9 people below you in your bracket would've been in my bracket instead of me, they would've most likely gotten a cheap win.
For these players, unfortunately, then more often than not there is that one guy that is just impossible to defeat. In this case, it just happened to be me. 

But indeed, we were 100 players so that 21.51 average is extremely low for a top 4 finish, and I believe it's the first time I'm seeing (in my brackets at least) 2nd place being below 6400 points... Well... if we exclude that one week when people were not demoted at reset. 😂

I've never seen a 2nd place below 6500, let alone 6400. I'd loved being in your toes last week :P

Edited by Kenrae
  • Like 1

Hello here,

It was a strange week but I am a lucky guy...🍀🍀🍀 I was hoping for a top 4 and I got the win by 4 points more than Fran ... My average (22.82) was one of the worst I've had. I lost one fight in this league, against [CNO]Osef69.

I don't know if Entwine  was able to finish the league in the last 10 minutes before reset ....

Thanks to @Fly for his points, they gave me the victory. ;) 

have a nice evening all  , see you next week :)

Captureligue franmoi entwine.PNG

Edited by E. N. D.
have a nice evening all ...
  • Like 11

Back in D2, yeah! 😁

Started at level 329, finished at level 331.

I don't have any screenshot because there were too much lags 10 minutes before 13:00 and I had some fights to performe

I finished 17th.

Boosters used : 8 epics (2 ginseng / 2 cordyceps twice)

115 players -> 114 opponents -> 342 possible fights -> 329 fights performed -> 256 wins and 73 losses (it remained 8 fights I could win)

Compared to D3, it was a very good week for XP (+20k) and for kobans (+1400).

I'll stay here in D2 for a while and continue to optimize the fights to maximize my xp gain.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Slynia said:

Really tough bracket last week for me!
afaf.jpg

However, the screenshot was taken 10 minutes before reset so someone may or may not have been doing last-minute fights!

So these are the tables Jelom was talking about.  😂

I was 5th this week. Took it easy as there were at least 6 KH players way out of reach by level. Two of them finished around p20 for some reason and left me wondering if I could have taken p4 with harder. Maybe, maybe not. Vampi's score wasn't higher than I've ever scored, but soit. At least I saved some kobans on boosters. Maybe.  😂

• Like 6

20 minutes left, but I don't think this will change much:

image.png.e0742fba97e2ea0d030dd9b66547e695.png

My best average ever at 22.65 in a bracket full of HC players and an ongoing Legendary Contest. Alas, that wasn't enough to compete against entwine, as I expected. A small difference against Ira puts me 3rd, I didn't expect to be so close actually.

SSS, a hardcore player, rounds up the top 4, unless something changes in the 20 minutes left.

• Like 11

On 10/15/2020 at 7:41 PM, E. N. D. said:

Hello,

This is my new D3 102 players, lvl314 to 456.

Admiral will be the hardest player to beat 3 times and score against him like Ginpachi. Fiel has false stat in league   :|... Ghost1975 looks strong too ...Another though week ...

"I'm all fired up"🔥🔥🔥 :)

I also have alcatraz with me, a member of my club who plays charm... Good luck to him

Have a nice evening all See you next week ;)

fielbugguépageligue.PNG

Allow me to spoiler the results of the week early😋 And congratulations to E.N.D. on the victory!

I learned a lot this week about exploring class changes to grabs extra points with the inherent harmony bonuses, thanks to this exercise.

Untitled.png.97d9e005c5570539518702cfc5ef570f.png

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Dmitrii said:

What am I doing wrong !? 7th place, this is very bad, although the points are standard.

If the points are standard, you aren't doing anything wrong (at least no more than in other seasons). You just had stronger competition this week.

My result this week. An easy win, with 6971 points and 23,02 average, very good taking in account I did some refills the first day of legendary contest when many people was more or less boosted. Cypion31 got his final score 24 hours before the end. I though that LongLeo, who didn't rushed at all, would take second place, but in the end he was 3rd. cisko grabbed 4th at great distance.

image.png.2b1b91c8b0e2a290c30bbc56125838f4.png

Edited by jelom
  • Like 11

Another decent but not so great week for me, with a Top 45 finish again:

HH League Story 39 - D3 Top 45.png

The LC effect came in full swing, as I had more or less the same win rate as usual, but earned far fewer points.

D3 experiment #8 2020/10/15-22
Boosters used: 12 legendaries
102 players. 101 opponents. 303 fights. wins: 253 losses: 50
Finish: top 45

Good luck, have fun this week. Stay safe!

• Like 9

As I hoped I could sneak into 4th position:

image.png.417f463dc2ef21f4cf629641c2fc5f8b.png

first 5 guys are all KH players, 6-8 CH and number 9 HC. I made a big mistake (reisen was only unboosted once, but i only saw it a few minutes before snapshot on mobile, then my computer crashed) and a lot of minor ones, probably cost me around 30-50 points. Wouldnt have changed anything but, u know, still sucks.

This week looks not promising, there are probably 5 KH players I cant beat and also some really good CH players. I have to contemplate if i take PoA into account, but probably not going for it

GL to everyone

• Like 11

Potentially dumb question so apologies in advance.  Last two weeks I have participated but not whole-heartedly.  Earned points in LC this last week, ended up in mid ninties place both weeks.  Haven't been demoted when I expected I would.  Is demotion no longer a thing or am I missing some other salient detail?  Please respond if interested - if this was in a patch note that I missed I apologize

89th in D3 -- Successfully dropped back down to D2. Objectives were to give myself a shot at a top 4 finish in the LC PVP contest while remaining in the bottom 15 of my League (i finished 3rd in my group so I was successful in that respect) &, in so far as was possible, minimise the XP loss in comparison a usual week in D2.

In total I made 109 fights with 104 wins & 5 13 point losses. Losses could probably have been eliminated if I hadn't of fought the overwhelming majority of my fights on the 2 days when my opponents were most likely to be boosted (during the LC PVP contest & on the last day of the League) but that was the trade-off i made in order to be able to both compete in LC & remain (at all times) in the bottom 15.

In addition to the 53 players fought there were at least 4 players whom I could've gained an additional 12 wins from had I fought them during the week & 8 players where I would probably have gained a mixture of low-scoring wins & 13 point losses from. By looking at the final scores & estimating how many additional points i would've gained if I had tried to place as high as possible in the League (ie, by not minimising my winning margins in order to rack-up as many wins as possible whilst remaining in the bottom 15 & using all of my combativity) I suspect I would've finished in the upper end of the 46-60th bracket.

Screenshot (127).png

Edited by Caradog
grammar
  • Like 11

Right, so there are some players who think it's more important to get the girl the first day rather than trying to win your bracket.
Darkyz did a lot of refills once LC started and stayed at this score since LC day 2. I was still on boosters then as well so he definitely didn't care about that I guess. 
I stopped doing league refills once there were no opponents left without boosters. Ended up with 23.01 average.

23.01.PNG

Best of luck everyone!

• Like 11

On 10/15/2020 at 3:32 PM, _shal_ said:

(...) my bracket has 103 players:

Yuzuru                KH 457    6 wins
Superboy              KH 454    5th place x2
viking1437            HC 450    2 wins
pifffo                KH 449    4th place x1
Grovdar               KH 448    8 wins
Tempter555            HC 448    5th place x2
трактор               Ch 447    3rd place x1
darkf3rr3t            HC 445    1 win
Gergly                HC 443   13th place x1
juju                  Ch 441    2 wins
bloodwolf             Ch 439    1 win
Lazar                 KH 438    3rd place x8 (!)
Taishigi              KH 420    3rd place x1

That looks like a pretty likely top 4 and an extremely unlikely shot at winning. Wouldn't surprise me if @Grovdar takes it despite the 9-level gap to Yuzuru.

And so he did:

image.png.0df29762de603bc759589cc45e6d8cc4.png

22.88 average for the winner, 22.42 for me, kind of disappointing that the gap was this large. I did have to do 5 boosted opponents at the end of the season, but only a couple of them were people I reasonably could have battled at a better time - with 48 hours to go after the Legendary Contest's Day 1 I was so far ahead on my tokens that I could afford to go a whole day unboosted and without fighting to save some kobans. 2 players had their only unboosted windows during that day, 2 others were never off boosters, and 1 mid-level player had his only window very early in the season when he wasn't a high enough priority for me to fight him yet (lesson learned, name noted).

Anyway, the two clear misses probably cost me about 15 points, and bad RNG during the week added another 15-20 "lost" points. But even with those I would have finished over 100 behind the lead. Then again, considering I didn't expect to do better than 3rd anyway... The small discrepancy of my finishing slightly ahead of Yuzuru aside, I would say the top 5 positions all went according to the players' historical results, arguably even the top 7.

The top 15 this time were: KH / KH / KH / Ch / Ch / HC / KH / HC / HC / KH / HC / KH / KH / Ch / HC. 19.86 average needed for a top 15 slot this time, pretty middle of the road, and 17.99 for top 30.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1