How you doing in the "League"

casey

@Horsting Until you're comfortably in D3, I strongly recommend not using AMEs ever. Hoard the ones you get for when you'll really need them later on. No refills and as little cordys as possible (ideally none) either, even in D1. Just play all your fights from natural regen, use 3 gins (best "free" setup) and do your best to get the most wins you can for now.

In D3, yeah, it becomes a very different game and refills are a precious tool to control the timing of your figths (the ability to make individual refills improved this even further). The goal in D3 is no longer to win most or even all your fights, but to get the highest point average you can throughout the league. Phase 1 and Phase 2 in terms of Blessings make a big difference, but it can go both ways. Sometimes I refill like crazy on Monday afternoon CET when Phase 2 is favorable and/or to grab bonus points from those still showing the previous week's line-ups. Other times (as was largely the case this week), I make a ton of refills in Phase 1 to maximize my advantage when I have one (or minimize my Phase 2 disadvantage).

In general, when running for a top 4 or a win, the default state of my refill bar is 15/15. I don't make fights just to empty my bar and get regen. I only make fights when I see good opportunities (and/or I have to for other reasons, such as tasks in the various concurrent reward tracks, or simply being busy IRL). I think that's the case of a lot of top-tier D3 contenders.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Until you're comfortably in D3, I strongly recommend not using AMEs ever. Hoard the ones you get for when you'll really need them later on.

Will do so. You are right, they are currently too expensive (resp. the ones you get from LC to valuable) to use for too little benefit.

23 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I don't make fights just to empty my bar and get regen. I only make fights when I see good opportunities

Okay, makes sense, given the significant kobans rewards you can get in D3. I started to use the booster detector, and only challenge unboosted opponents. It helped that I learned about the 6h opponent cache. This worked out even using all regeneration tokens, also now in D1 where I still see most opponents unboosted. But I guess in D3 you have to be more lucky to catch unboosted opponents. Phase 1 is before blessings reset, phase 2 afterwards?

• Like 3
  • uwu 1

Here is my week league result.

My initial favourite was Tib, but jeandelalune got the win, congrats.

I saw it from some distance in my 3rd place with 6684 points and 22,51 average

Screenshot from 30 seconds before reset (as requested by Liliat who completed top 4)

image.png.ef5e1cbf50706febc09f90f385872dc7.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • GG 2

I'm doing better now that I've decided not to keep banging my head against the wall by tweaking every bloody fight.

league-score-61523.thumb.png.1d1076dda211500e15fe9b0f6aaeaac6.png

leagues-61523.png.a136f1f0afa3be6ccd324322f5390894.png

A winning season, I suppose (more wins than losses). The BDSM system still feels like a series of coin flips, so much so that I won't even be trying to win this coming season.

I wish you well for those still having fun attempting to figure it out.

C'Ya, on the flip side 😃

• Like 5
  • GG 3

3 minutes ago, Horsting said:

Phase 1 is before blessings reset, phase 2 afterwards?

Exactly.

Luck is always a factor, but let's say the higher the league division, the less often you'll spot insane freebies up for grabs. Checking every opponent ideally once or more per league snapshot (what you call "cache") is great practice to increase your chances to catch good opportunities. It's pretty time consuming and you can still miss out on favorable situations, since there are also randomized partial snapshots (only refreshing a handful of players instead of the whole group) in between two scheduled league snapshots (the ones every 6 hours from reset time; give or take up to half an hour depending on what your specific group happens to have been given as its own "seed" for this, if you will). But in general, it pays off.

It requires a fair bit of adjustment as you get closer and closer to contesting higher and higher positions in higher and higher league divisions. But that's usually a gradual process (except for those who throw a ton of real money at the game to get there much sooner). Even once you've "made it" to the top, it's important to identify when your particular group in that particular week is worth fighting (and investing) for or not. In time, you build a mental checklist of recurring strong opponents (or, no doubt for someone with your background, an actual spreadsheet, as a number of very maths-oriented players do). If you see more than 3 opponents you're reasonably sure can score higher than you and are likely to fight for top 4, the safe move is to switch to "top 15 and chill" mode for that week. When you see you're actually the top dog in your group, it might be time to go all in instead.

Always multiple check! Especially these days: track record is still a valuable indicator, but not enough anymore. You can get surprised by baby whales who haven't scored yet for you to notice them, or players who never really competed before but are now in a position to start doing so. I typically check who has or doesn't have the top girl(s) in each Phase, and sometimes other things like what MG pieces they have, etc. There's a first time for everything and just because someone has never won before, doesn't mean they can't. Conversely, there are players with a ton of wins on their profile history but it doesn't always mean they're still a threat right now. A lot of veterans who won D3 on a regular basis in previous meta games are jaded by now and chill in top 4 or top 15 by default.

In any case. Good luck, have fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Score: 6568
Avg: 21.89
Boosters:  7x 3 Gins (300 fights) & 0 AMEs.
Refills: 2.6 (-492 kos~39 fights).
Profit: +2394 kos
Player Lvl: 500.
Avg Player Lvl: 490.28 -> 490.85

Maxed Girls: 18/23 M6s & 43/126 L5s
Defeats: 4/300 fights
Opponents: 100

Max TP: 233.2k -> 184.3k.
Mythic Gear: 6 Charm Atk: 1 Balanced, 1 Dom, 3 Voyeur, & 1 Sensual.

L5 Girl: None available.

Finished 8th.  Took it easy and used 3 gins & the same Dom/Voy team on offense and defense.  Used some refills after blessings changed, just out of habit.  When I play casually like this, I often miss fights, and need to refill anyway.

On 6/8/2023 at 8:10 AM, Ravi-Sama said:

I'm gonna strictly use 3x Gins for the duration of the SE, like I did in April.  That way I don't waste cords/AMEs in the pursuit of Xtals.  Then, I'll have a surplus of them after it ends in July.

I was in 4th place w/ 6 hrs left, then dropped to 8th by the end.

After the DP, and not using cords for the past week, I have just enough boosters to aim for 1st, but I'll continue using gins, until the SE ends.

Noticed @Pelinor & @OmerB in my current bracket. 👋🏽 I'm not a threat this week to Pelinor for a top 4 or 1st, but I might be competition to Omer, if we're both aiming for top 15s.  Good Luck! 🍀

image.png

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Noticed @Pelinor & @OmerB in my current bracket. 👋🏽 I'm not a threat this week to Pelinor for a top 4 or 1st, but I might be competition to Omer, if we're both aiming for top 15s.  Good Luck! 🍀

I'm aiming for 1st place every week 😄 I ain't succesful yet, but it will come (if I'll continue and don't quit the game) 😃

I'm joking a bit, But I got a top 15 rather easily in the past few weeks (with a mix of cordyceps and ginsengs, no AMs). I'm hoping to succeed in breaking into the top 4 soon, maybe in few weeks time.

Edited by OmerB
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, OmerB said:

I'm aiming for 1st place every week...

Alright, if you're serious about that, then I'll share some reconnaissance.

Here's the top 15 threats (left) in our bracket, and the current un-boosted players (right) I spotted:

league threats.png league unboosted.png

There's 7x former 1st place winners, and 9x former top 4 rankers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • GG 1

23 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Alright, if you're serious about that, then I'll share some reconnaissance.

Here's the top 15 threats (left) in our bracket, and the current un-boosted players (right) I spotted:

league threats.png league unboosted.png

There's 7x former 1st place winners, and 9x former top 4 rankers.

I don't really know what to do with this information, except to be scared for my top 15 place. Except for estimating in advance where are you going to finish, so you can decide whether to use AME or not, are there more benefits / practical uses for this information?
And do you use a script to get this information? Because doing it manually seems like a lot of work.

Maybe we can open a new discussion in the Q&A sub-forum, if this is not a General forum material.

Ravi Edit: If I were aiming high, I'd target the high threat players ASAP, if I caught them at a weak moment.  Possibly use refills vs. the un-boosted players.  Yes, I use Zoo's script to copy/paste the league data into an excel sheet, then I fill in the TP, E[X], and ranks manually.  Takes me like 10 min once a week, and let's me quickly filter and sort through opponents, easier than in the game.

Ok Ravi-Sama, I'll follow your directions 😄

Edited by OmerB
Ravi Edit: shared league secrets.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Hug 1

Shush now! I said I wouldn't try to win this week, and I didn't stress over my standing or how to get every point possible. I collected data on different booster combos, both with and without the AM booster. Not enough data to make dogmatic statements but enough to get a feel and see some trends in the B.D.S.M. crit-dominated combat system.

hh-league-62223.thumb.png.2f4ee974b114ab5adb008d838fd7f2d3.png

leagues-62223.png.2e8202f2ec0685524b269c72ab025443.png

To say I was shocked with my 2nd place finish would be an understatement. I mean, seriously, what are the odds a one-point lead over the field would hold up for over 10 hours?

That's all, have fun everyone, and I'll C'Ya on the flip side. 😃

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • GG 2

33 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

I collected data on different booster combos, both with and without the AM booster. Not enough data to make dogmatic statements but enough to get a feel and see some trends in the B.D.S.M. crit-dominated combat system.

I there any doubt about Cordyceps > Ginseng > Chlorella > Jujubes, with sufficient distance so that 3 stronger ones are always stronger than any combination with weaker ones? Though I guess the Jujubes may be unexpected strong (stronger than Chlorella) in individual fights, when using a red team or when fighting against a red team. I still keep one to do a comparison against Chlorella when the league situation permits. But I don't expect the result to be relevant as 3 Ginseng is anyway the absolute minimum I aim to maintain, if Cordys won't give me any better position.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Horsting said:

I there any doubt about Cordyceps > Ginseng > Chlorella > Jujubes, with sufficient distance so that 3 stronger ones are always stronger than any combination with weaker ones?

I don't have sufficient data to say for sure, but the trend seems to show specific patterns on winning and losing (i.e., scoring better or worse than the script projections) a round based on what boosters are in play.

• Like 3

After girls' gear update, there was this bug that most opponents' crit chance was shown/given wrong by the game, also that girls' equipment bonuses were not applied correctly, and this being not visual only (JavaScript variables) but also effectively. I did not systematically recheck this, but the few times I checked HH++ simulator verbose output the crit chance at least was correct. This of course lead to false script projections and as crit chance was specifically affected, Jujubes bonus was, too.

But the last year's recommendations accumulated here, the performance handbook and rough analytic calculations quite clearly lead to the result that Cordyceps are the by far strongest boosters, followed by Ginseng, so it would be only about Chlorella vs Jujubes in edge cases, regardless whether the bug has been fixed or not, isn't it?

• Like 2

I did a very good job on the league, but I got an 'error 500' on the last hour (for the most stupid thing - refreshing MRPG), so I couldn't finish my challenges. I ended on the 8th or 9th place anyway. Ravi will tell you all about it.

Today I don't feel like playing at all, it seems so boring suddenly... So I might stop playing alltogether, or just stop being competitive in the league, demoting to D2, where I can easily finish on the top 30, and go back to playing casually, after being a pro for the past 8 months.

• Hug 4

These Mythic and Dominance-weeks really aren't made for averages. And although these weeks are the only weeks, where i could bring up the actual top 7, I still hope we can finally get back to some variance after another Mythic-week next week.

@TheMadaFucker chilled this week and @Basniowy seems like a new player to watch out for.

image.thumb.png.070b3062cc97c11bbe60281e82ec115c.png

• Like 7
  • GG 2

2 hours ago, Lolliz said:

These Mythic and Dominance-weeks really aren't made for averages. And although these weeks are the only weeks, where i could bring up the actual top 7, I still hope we can finally get back to some variance after another Mythic-week next week.

@TheMadaFucker chilled this week and @Basniowy seems like a new player to watch out for.

image.thumb.png.070b3062cc97c11bbe60281e82ec115c.png

Slowly climbing to the top...

• Like 5

Score: 6395
Avg: 21.53
Boosters:  7x 3 Gins (300 fights) & 0 AMEs.
Refills: 3.4 (-643 kos~51 fights).
Profit: +2243 kos
Player Lvl: 500.
Avg Player Lvl: 492.02 -> 492.4

Maxed Girls: 18/23 M6s & 43/127 L5s
Defeats: 5/300 fights
Opponents: 100

Max TP: 184.3k -> 191.2k.
Mythic Gear: 6 Charm Atk: 2 Balanced, 1 Dom, 2 Voyeur, & 1 Sensual.

L5 Girl: None available.  New LG expected on 7/21/2023 (in ~4 weeks).

Finished 7th.  Still just using 3 gins.  2 weeks left in the SE.  I probably shouldn't use refills at all, it's just a habit.  I still try to fight un-boosted players, despite playing casually, and not taking diligent records, b/c there's always the chance I could get a top 4 w/ just gins.  I think it happened twice this year for me, on March 2nd, and April 20th.

@OmerB Makes sense that you'd be at a disadvantage this week w/ mythic girls blessed.  I noticed you were just using 4x M6s.  If you decide to demote to DII, then I'd wait 'til getting at least 7 M6s maxed, before aiming high in DIII.  Also, save up 21 cords, and 3 AMEs for a serious attempt of course.  I don't know if you were using cords to finish in DIII's top 15, but it'd be better to just use gins in DII if that's easier, and save cords for later in DIII.  Just my 2 ymens.

18 hours ago, Pelinor said:

To say I was shocked with my 2nd place finish would be an understatement. I mean, seriously, what are the odds a one-point lead over the field would hold up for over 10 hours?

It wasn't a competitive bracket.  I assume b/c of the SE.  That's my excuse anyway.  It discourages the use of AMEs.

Didn't get a screenshot of the end, b/c I was busy w/ the LC, CbC, and double pachinko rotations.  This table is from ~3.5 hrs before the end.  I was in 5th place, then dropped to 7th.

image.png

• Like 7

I managed another top 4 this week. Given that my real life schedule has become more chaotic than ever, there are lots of issues with trying to keep doing this.

I probably need to try for a chill top 15 for a few weeks. Who knows if I will pull that off.

• GG 6

On 6/23/2023 at 12:22 PM, Ravi-Sama said:

Didn't get a screenshot of the end, b/c I was busy w/ the LC, CbC, and double pachinko rotations.  This table is from ~3.5 hrs before the end.  I was in 5th place, then dropped to 7th.

Here's more recent screenshot

D3_22062023_snip.thumb.PNG.009f2f6cd4a90fc76691979781cedf9a.PNG

I'm in chill mode and aiming for top15 these days. Basically, not competitive at the moment - opponents have full attack MG sets and myself don't have even matching class for all the slots. Also, the MGE hunt didn't start very well. Not a single mythical drop yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1