How you doing in the "League"

casey

5 minutes ago, Basniowy said:

Actually I have finished top3 :P Please be careful with what you are posting.

Gratulation! The last time I refreshed the League (a little bit more than a minute befor reset) it showed what I screenshotted. Didn't expect great changes in the last seconds so...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bolitho76 said:

Gratulation! The last time I refreshed the League (a little bit more than a minute befor reset) it showed what I screenshotted. Didn't expect great changes in the last seconds so...

Cough.... cough.... My contest routine is working pretty well in league it seems. 

• Haha 2

With the limited amount of fights and the need to gain as much as possible XP it's not sooo much needed to snipe at the last secons in D3 in my eyes. Sure, sometimes I wait until some seconds before end too, but mostly because someones Booster run out in the last minute 😉

• Like 1

Are there any other reasons than waiting for expiring boosters, for delaying league fights? I mean it is not something where you can claim or use more or less resources, like in contests, so you anyway do all fights with max possible points. Only the surprise effect of your opponents might be a reason, but we do not see their faces, so ...

Also you usually cannot decide to use the one or the other booster in last seconds, depending on whether you think it is necessary or not, unless those indeed do expire within the last seconds. But that would be the last time, giving the delay for refreshing the league table, checking your position, doing the decision, equipping the boosters, which already delays the booster for another few seconds, soon until after reset.

Or do I miss something?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

I don't think that in the next weeks such High averages are doable again after more players will be understand how the 5th Skill work.

Actually the high averages will most likely stay, given the buggy skill implementation. If someone has not noticed it yet - your girls are deskilled when your boosters expire, so everything is a matter of timing now.

2 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

I don't think that in the next weeks such High averages are doable again after more players will be understand how the 5th Skill work.

Actually the high averages will most likely stay, given the buggy skill implementation. If someone has not noticed it yet - your girls are deskilled when your boosters expire, so everything is a matter of timing now.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Horsting said:

Are there any other reasons than waiting for expiring boosters, for delaying league fights? I mean it is not something where you can claim or use more or less resources, like in contests, so you anyway do all fights with max possible points. Only the surprise effect of your opponents might be a reason, but we do not see their faces, so ...

Also you usually cannot decide to use the one or the other booster in last seconds, depending on whether you think it is necessary or not, unless those indeed do expire within the last seconds. But that would be the last time, giving the delay for refreshing the league table, checking your position, doing the decision, equipping the boosters, which already delays the booster for another few seconds, soon until after reset.

Or do I miss something?

In my case there are reasons, which are not always valid but sometimes:

- the timing for my timezone is that reset is during lunch time. When I have still fights open in the morning - which is usually the case - I wait till lunch to not waste kobans and use natural regeneration instead of using a refill in the morning to be finished before work. Of course that also lead to missed fights sometimes because I'm busy in meetings/urgent work. But that could be one reason why I do some fights in the last minutes

- another more tactical reason and only used when I'm in homeoffice is that I wait for my last batch of fights if the Top 4 is in reach but close (if I did refills before and don't waste any regeneration). A close field was often the the case during my D3 career. Then I could decide if it is worth to spend an AME or not if a few points more help me to jump into Top 4. This is also not restricted to AME, it could change the decision on boosters if they are expired in the morning.

My goal usually is to be in Top 4 as cheap as possible. Waiting till the end can help sometimes to "optimize" it. 😉

• Like 1

Oh my!! What a week in the Desert!..
Let me tell you the latest bit o' gossip from far down the Wild West

Witnesses said the Worst Evil of All Time walked straight to the Ol' Sheriff's little community, Hell bent on doin' his usual... pillaging, crushing, maiming and generally talking bad to the ladies... Such was the reputation of Gogeta, the biggest, baddest, evilest enemy of gentle speach and easy leagues... (although enemy of speach is a bit of a guess, as few if ever have heard him talk and survived...)

Only one thing was left to do for the Ol' Man, if he didn't want to see his beautiful community disappear in flames, and that was... well... winning, of course. And to that end, he had a plan... For a week straight, then, the Good Ol' Man gave all he had to the missues... lace, dresses, and a lot of piano sheets to explore and learn, all targeted at distracting the Snake's eye from the real threat holding the guns... 

Must have been a good strategy, because, at the end of the day, well, week, mister "200 towns under my belt" just left Desert Town, lickin' his wounds, and probably cursing the lucky star of his enemy, and his own misfortune...

Now, it's time to celebrate, 'cause than doesn't happen every day!!! (and he may very well come back soon with a vengeance)

Capture d’écran 2023-09-21 à 12.45.29-v2.jpg

(and yeah, that's a 24,99 average, baby...^^)

(and congrats to you, Gogeta, for an eventful week! ^^)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hearts 3
  • uwu 1
  • GG 9

41 minutes ago, MrXY said:

When I have still fights open in the morning - which is usually the case - I wait till lunch to not waste kobans and use natural regeneration instead of using a refill in the morning to be finished before work.

You could also use all fights in the morning (for those opponents who do not have boosters which expire until lunch time), and then again the last ones before lunch. I'd usually expect to loose natural regeneration when NOT doing fights in the morning, as over night the condom storage usually fills close to completely? However, it there is only either or and you'd loose natural regeneration when not delaying fights until the close to reset, then of course this is a reason, though I indeed was referring to tactical ones.

44 minutes ago, MrXY said:

Then I could decide if it is worth to spend an AME or not if a few points more help me to jump into Top 4. This is also not restricted to AME, it could change the decision on boosters if they are expired in the morning.

We we talked about the last minute, unlikely that this is where boosters expire, but otherwise yes generally of course this is a reason, even more for AME. I just always use all cordys I have (usually 4, this week sadly not) + 1 AME on last league day to last throughout new league. I get 1-3 AME from CbC per week, and the free condoms you get a league start make this the most effective time for an AME (as less charges are wasted on season) as well as cordys (as most league fights are done in these 24h), and it's nice to start with many 25 into a league week 🙂.

2 hours ago, 430i said:

If someone has not noticed it yet - your girls are deskilled when your boosters expire, so everything is a matter of timing now.

So I was not looking wrong when I though that one opponent first had 5 skilled girls, then none, then again 5. There was another one with a very similar team but never any girl skilled, so I was not 100% sure. Déjà-vu as the same happened to GG, and probably still does. And of course we still have the mostly false booster indicators, and cannot do x2/x3 fights without loosing the GS5. One would normally expect that such major bugs are fixed within a week, if not recognised and fixed in a beta phase already, but KK leaves them for months/forever and just puts more untested features and changes with more bugs on top. How can one just have so zero ambition regarding the quality of the own product 😞.

• Like 4

I delayed for some weeks the use of bulbs but the 5 tier skill finally made me start using them this monday with the blessing change, It was a nice surprise seeing it in action, so I got a better average this week, of course not enough for top 4 because of the late using, but definitely improving.

As I always adapt slowly to all changes in PvP and don't want to spend too much time, I will improve some skills but probably won't fully use sinergies of the 3rd tier, at least for some time.

It is really tiring if you just try to optimize gear, skills and blessing, so a minimum effort approach could be a good strategy to not get burned out and leave the game.

image.png.b54fdc50c380961b3c740e7e907c2859.png

• Like 7
  • GG 3

Well, I've been away for a bit over a week, so catching up a bit:

------------------
D3 run #159 2023/09/07-14 (Kichi Week 5; no LG available for me)

image.png

I did win that duel vs @Stoned Jesus after all (barely, by 4 points). Congrats for the excellent performance and thanks for the challenge.

New personal best average, but with the various posts mentioning literally perfect "averages" and even bugs going above the maximum amount of points a perfect score should give... I guess that's to be put in perspective with the recent meta-shattering GS5 shenanigans (along with other bonuses from GG and GS for which there are still massive discrepancies even between equally skilled and experienced players depending on how much real money or extra koban sources they have or don't have).

Still, my 16th D3 win (I'm shown as having 14 on the screenshot but that was before I understood I had to visit my own profile after the 15th win to update that part of 430i's script; at least at the time).

------------------
D3 run #160  2023/08/09/14-21 (Kichi Week 6; no LG available for me)

Final place #4, so nth pretty expensive top 4 for me:

image.png

I'm still glad I even got a top 4 given the circumstances, and since I've only been using 2 cordys for the whole week (and playing all my fights still using the x3 button as I unfortunately only learned today about the bug with the attacker's GS5 when not playing fights one by one).

Also, I'll post about it in the relevant thread, but yeah, that series of 3 harsh defeats to Maxie's seemingly harmless "defense" team was a pretty big surprise and very much due to GS5 (and a bit of bad luck). They had Stun as their GS5 and seems like that skill with a 28% chance of triggering just happened to roll three critical successes in a row.

I also had computer issues (not completely fixed yet) so I had to make do with just HH++ (BDSM, so no GS5 taken into account) that week. This made the triple defeat against Maxie all the more surprising. You can see a 100% win prediction from the pre-GS5 battle sim with a pretty decent almost 21.95 average on the screenshot, but that was taken while I had my own fake team back on. When I attacked them with my actual attack team for this week, the sim made me expect close to a 24 average instead. ^^

Anyways. I'm still around and still fighting. Not quite thriving in this new and newly imbalanced meta as some more veteran (and/or more on the whale side of things) D3 regulars have reported while I was away, but not quite lagging behind like other more veteran players who had been mostly ignoring the massive updates so far. Those updates have really reshaped the meta into quite the whale fan service shit show, unsurprisingly. For someone in my awkward position of being firmly at the top of the food chain among my fellow fish, but barely able to scavenge enough scraps from the whales and sharks for a top 4 otherwise... this requires a LOT of work. Tedious, unnecessarily complicated and largely RNG-dependent bi-weekly theory crafting brainstorming sessions with myself and a bunch of spreadsheets, notes and visual aids. It's taking its toll and with real life leaving me way less free time, energy or patience for it lately, I can't be sure how long I'll keep taking it like a champ. But as long as I'm still soldiering on, it is what it is.

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

-----

PS: @Miccia I'll put my mod hat on and address your unrelated question in Chat Room where this type of discussion belongs. See you there.

• Like 1
  • GG 5

Btw, snapshot times have moved about one hour backwards: I reloaded the table 2 times per minute and it changed at 14:57:XX MET now. Strange is that in the morning it changed already at 08:54:XX. Not sure why there are a few minutes variance, but I'd hence aim to do fights until 14:50 MET +X*6h against freshly boosted opponents (18:10h or more booster timeout remaining), where they are mostly unboosted, have 0 girl skills and some girl gear resonance bonuses are missing as well.

Btw, to stay mostly boosted when your boosters expire, the trick seems to do leave a few seconds and do a page reload before equipping the last booster. When any booster expires, your snapshot is updated, so best is to have the other 3 boosters freshly equipped already when the last one expires, so you have at least 3/4 boosters, which AFAIK is the best possible outcome. The little delay between 3rd and 4th booster allows you to re-equip the first 3 ones before the 4th expires. Then you can do a page reload and equip the 4th. In addition, best is of course to have boosters expiring closely before the general snapshot update.
EDIT: Okay, I just found two examples which indicate that it is indeed possible to keep all 4 boosters active when re-equipping them very quickly.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 3

Finished all my battles. First place was obviously out of reach from the very start, but I tried my best (even using AM this time), to stay in the top 4.

Other than Tom208 and jeandelalune there were some others top scorer that scared the shit out of me, but apparently not all of them are yet into using girls skills, so that gave some crumble of hope towards achieving my second DIII top 4

I had some weird RNG rolls against players that were unboosted/unskilled when I fought against them (a few of them are visibile in the screenshot, namely KKJai, YourDaddy and fauzt . Without the shield skill I would have probably lost those fights). but I still managed to bring home a 24.65 avg score/ 7469 total score, having lost "only" 106 points in 303 fight, which is a fair result for me.

mybest.jpg.39586a9939087e55a6360e77dc6262db.jpg

Now I have all my finger crossed to not see some last minutes shenanigans that would blew me out of this top 4 😅🤣 

EDIT: 4th! Oof... Nice 😁

result.jpg.6c20866cf9783ab85d1a3b3e87c86085.jpg

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 3
  • GG 5

image.thumb.png.47614fd080ec27d833733ad6df8ccc09.png

Don't expect much changes in the leaderboard in the last seconds.

Thankfully I only lost 36 points on the way to top1 while Filip as the most dangerous opponent lost 50 points. So another top1. I used 2 Ginseng, 2 Cordyceps, LM Booster and shield.

image.png.e46b1b6968686b4e498a1c3d7c834c1f.png

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 1
  • GG 7

Again top 4 minutes before reset:

image.thumb.png.2a51b0db554b260d8c9a599ee8e7f9a8.png

and ... YES, this time I made it 🤩:

image.thumb.png.0b78b69eebffc8df6930eb9c5ddf5017.png

One lost fight can be seen against Gogeta, which I could not catch unboosted anymore for the last fight. I should have invested 1 refill when I was lucky and got him unboosted one time, knowing that he usually refreshes boosters so fast that unskilled (no GS) is best you can get. 2nd lost fight was just among the last fights. I was gambling to catch someone unboosted after I equipped better better boosters (sadly no 4 cordys) in the morning, since his boosters expired between 9 and 13 MET, but sadly he re-equipped them as well perfectly to remain boosted, even with better boosters than before. Something to learn about players which did at least win D3 once.

However, I couldn't have made top 1 anyway, even when doing this few fights with a better timing, so a great experience and 1st top 4 for me. Happy to gain my first batch with @430i's script in a league with/against him 😄.

• Like 2
  • GG 6

(Nutaku) very close fight this week... the last one I have 2nd place I don't know who win because I was first when I leave (5~6 hour before close)... but I have the time with the last minutes from finish league this time

I tried full force for all combat but I forget requip AME or the other to league when I am doing performs... so maybe 5 to 7 fight without that booster 105 rivals (106 participants with me) and 3 cordys each day + the other that show the image

image.thumb.png.52fb686d6dbf6917fcca13659b98efeb.png

• Like 1
  • GG 6

Damn... One more 2nd place - but now i even feeling myself abit disappointed... 😧

image.png.a8634a2a0f4509939779cfb3c2e81258.png

Checked winners at the league start i found in opponents current top-5 settlers and 1 more person with 9 wins - so decided not to fight for top-4 and started with usual 3 chlorella+ginseng w\o AME - enough for cheap&quiet top-15 week. 

Surprisingly at sunday evening i had ~24,6 average 😮 (chlorella! no AME!) - added AME, movedto 2gin+2cordy, bought some fights at blessings reset - avg settled near 24,5 - so jumped to 4cordy for last 2 days.

40 points difference at the reset... damn - if i even started with AME&chlorella - i might close this gap - not talking about full AME+gin+cordy run. 

May be i feel myself not ready to fight seasoned veterans... May be it is time to develop some confidence... :D 

• Like 6
  • GG 2

Unexpected cheap top 4. No mythic booster, only Avaritia (first part of the week) and Scorpio (second part) with GS5. really happy with the result and I get back what I invested in the league 2 weeks ago where I finished 5th with AME all week long.

xnviewmp_VfTxaa2e8C.png.f9b9d2491b58294d748f45b453389f5a.png

image.png.4f7f0bcb720ff29f2a8396065202a6be.png

On the GS5 side, since I only have 21 mythic bulbs atm., I put Scorpio 1st, even if Finalmecia is stronger.

Execute seems weaker than Stun comparing last week with this week results.

Edited by mdnoria
  • Like 2
  • GG 3

Finished 7th with 4 unhandled opponents. Conducted battles using the x2 and x3 buttons. Now I’ll try to use only single battles for the whole week and see if this changes anything to check that multi-fights do not take into account the 5th skill. So far, out of all the fights held, only one ended with a score other than 25 points. While last week there were only a few results of 75 points.

• Like 3