How you doing in the "League"

casey

On 9/29/2023 at 2:29 AM, Master-17 said:

Now I’ll try to use only single battles for the whole week and see if this changes anything to check that multi-fights do not take into account the 5th skill.

Good idea to recheck this. However, take care that a single week has not much meaning for such things, as there are many other reasons why you may score better or worse. Best IMO is to check Rena's simulator for the worst possible outcome, and whether you score worse in one case. Or, take note for all opponents whether the x3 outcome is better or worse than what HH++ simulator and Rena's simulator predicted. If it matches HH++ overall well, the skills were not active, and then Rena's simulator must have predicted mostly better than your actual result. But this works only with a large sample size, i.e. noting it down for all opponents at best.

I am too egoist ATM and too close to score well in league, to do this test now. But I did another one, comparing boosters with shield skill:

• 4x Ginseng vs 3x Ginseng + 1x Chlorella
  • 6923.9 vs 6956.4 overall simulation sum, using Rena's simulator

So Chlorella is better than Ginseng with the shield, at least using one. This basically matches the Cordyceps vs Chlorella result before, where Chlorella was only 1 point overall weaker. There might be some scaling effects, so tomorrow I'll equip 2x Ginseng + 2x Chlorella and see whether it is still better, and so on. As well, if my Cordyceps stock permits, I'll compare 3x Cordyceps + 1x Chlorella (tested last time) with 2x Cordyceps + 2x Chlorella, and so on, until I find a combination where replacing another Cordy makes the result significantly worse, if ever. Otherwise I'd be quite happy run around with cheap 4x Chlorella as close to best boosters 24/7 😄.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Horsting said:

Otherwise I'd be quite happy run around with cheap 4x Chlorella as close to best boosters 24/7 😄.

It seems this "second-to-sell-after-jujubes-substance" rising to new level with current state of things...
Exibitionist team, shield M6, 4 Chlorella = She-Hulk CRUSH!!! :D :D :D 

image.thumb.jpeg.f779bb9849dee08196968ea8273ed557.jpeg

(by JamesStormet@DevianArt)

• Haha 4
  • Hearts 1

25 minutes ago, HentaiGuru said:

It seems this "second-to-sell-after-jujubes-substance" rising to new level with current state of things...
Exibitionist team, shield M6, 4 Chlorella = She-Hulk CRUSH!!! :D :D :D 

image.thumb.jpeg.f779bb9849dee08196968ea8273ed557.jpeg

(by JamesStormet@DevianArt)

Atleast its green power, environment friendly

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, EpicBacon said:

Atleast its green power, environment friendly

That kind of green power when any Hulk is involved is probably not so much environment friendly. But I guess there is no other way if you want to gain such immense power from otherwise weak Chlorella.

iu (480×368)the-simpsons-tomacco-del-fictional-foods-mdn.jpg (300×300)

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

9 minutes ago, Horsting said:

That kind of green power when any Hulk is involved is probably not so much environment friendly. But I guess there is no other way if you want to gain such immense power from otherwise weak Chlorella.

iu (480×368)

Well... nuclear power is clean power, and it is relatively safe, aslong as you don't turn off all your safety systems and cooling,
exposing the core, leading to a nuclear meltdown.

As for the hulk and chlorella, I do not have knowledge of the lore behind any of them :)

Edited by EpicBacon
  • Like 1

------------------
D3 run #161  2023/08/09/21-28 (Kichi Week 7; no LG available for me)

My 17th D3 win:

image.png

I've exactly matched my own highest average of 24.77, funnily enough. Although this time it was cheaper than the first time around. This was a fairly weak group in the current meta and I was the clear favorite all along. 2 gins, 2 cords + LM the whole week. I've wasted my time and quite a few points with Reflect in Phase 1, before switching to Shield for Phase 2 (in which I was also able to benefit from my full Blue MG set again).

I hope @Methos2 had a fight or two left in the tank when I took that screenshot and did end up squeezing himself into the top 4.

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 1
  • GG 6

11 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I hope @Methos2 had a fight or two left in the tank when I took that screenshot and did end up squeezing himself into the top 4.

Congratulation on the winning. I got 5th. I was chilling for a top 15. 4 ginseng almost all week, no mythic boosters, and 1 refill to get all fights. So, it's all good. Top 4 would be nice but earning from a top 15 gave me enough kobans for next MD.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I haven't posted my results for a long time. Last week I made some screenshots at the end because it was a close race. Over the week I thought I'm in a good spot to score a #1 despite other strong players. I was on track until the very last fight where this happened:

image.thumb.png.8cf4fafcb89a39aec896dc54bb887ece.png

With the last 17 points it was not good enough. I did a few mistakes over the week, so some points more would have been possible but I hoped for the best. Unfortunately that was not the case and sinnet89 won with a small gap.image.thumb.png.df3b2a5bc46b3e80f6b0efb7de5a5ded.png

The good thing it was still a cheap Top4 in regards to used boosters or refills.

• Thanks 1
  • GG 4

Finished all my battles and I'm currently first, with 7576 points, 24,76 avg, with 74 points lost throughout the 306 fights of this league iteration (some weird rng most of the time, and then there were three players against which my expected avg would not increase over 20,5 even equipping AM, almost half of the points I lost happened against them), so I'll probably drop down a little. 

I must say it is a nice feeling, being at the very top of the league in the last day of its duration, even if for just a little. I guess I have to thank bulbs for that

image.thumb.png.401693d023a474944cb254ede14d608f.png

I don't expect much changes in the last minutes. Gratulation to David for his 5th League win with only loosing 7 points at his way to vicory. Sadly I had some bad luck with rng and 4 opponents who critted 4 or 5 times in a row so I lost some points to them. In total I lost 18 lost points in 9 fights (2 3 3 2 4 1 1 1 1) from 7 different opponents.

I used 2 Ginseng, 2 Cordyceps most time, one time 1 Ginseng, 1 Chlorella and 2 Cordyceps and for most fights LM Booster - some fights between two Boosters without because there was no chance to loose points against them even without LM Booster.

image.png.e192480246f7cc34e4ce7e45cd42a25a.png

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 1
  • GG 3

The results are somewhat better than last week, but if it weren’t for the unsuccessful blessing (40% for mythics, of which I have none) they would have been even better. Most likely I would then be able to get into the top 4.

1.thumb.jpg.cbf2e03d69ebed9a2ad5436cc174d7bb.jpg
In CxH I'm already approaching the D3 league. In principle, by spending part of the possible winnings on the purchase of “condoms” I would be able to get there now, fortunately this requires only 3 full packs and the number of remaining battles allows it, but I’m afraid that for now I still won’t be able to make it to the D3 league, so I won't rush.

2.thumb.jpg.fd108d2f2efbddf4e8150423fe95cbaf.jpg

• GG 3

image.thumb.png.79a378068af02860f3f6bbc578cb83f3.png

A very good week for me. Not too hard opponents for a top 4:

• Looking at the history, I never hoped to win against Limule.
  • lisalisa was top 1 right from the start, obviously buying refills early, and shortly after phase 2 started, it was clear the (s)he finished all fights already, sufficiently below my expected outcome.
  • The next 3, despite were winning the league in the past already, had their distance to me constantly increased. They were all below 7k until yesterday night, and I was quite sure in this short time they won't be able to catch all remaining opponents unboosted, hence must loose (too many) points.
  • With a 24.8 (new personal record) I did my fights nearly as good as possible. There were some cases where opponents became stronger after their boosters expired, since previously they had their girl stats significantly reduced as of the bug (see the diff between my stats from team edit page at the right and league table) and only relatively weak boosters, and no skills. For opponents without GS4 and GS5, best is if one manages to catch them moving unboosted into the next snapshot. Skills are re-added then, but the girl attributes drop, which can make a much larger difference.
  • I also bought my first 11 refills around blessings reset to catch some more opponents in their weakest condition with teams adjusted for new boosters either too early or too late. It wasn't necessary after all, but I'll keep doing so if I see a chance and want to secure a top 4.
  • Like 2
  • GG 3

il y a 44 minutes, bolitho76 a dit :

image.thumb.png.401693d023a474944cb254ede14d608f.png

I don't expect much changes in the last minutes. Gratulation to David for his 5th League win with only loosing 7 points at his way to vicory.

Thanks bolitho76 ;) I was following your score the whole league... GG

• GG 4

22 minutes ago, David_2617 said:

I was following your score the whole league... GG

Why isn't this surprising? 🤣😉

Did the same with you. The only time where I had hope to could stay in front of you at the end was the time where you go from -2 to -7 points, but after this there were no other lost of points so... Well played!

• Like 1
  • Hug 2

Another day - another record :D Another. Second. Place. 😬

image.png.9c8e5a2ee12cc4d5cd108e55571f3aca.png

My only chance for win was in @DvDivXXX mistakes (veterans go first :D - and i joined Haremverse 3 month later) - none happens - so my fate was sealed

And i not found countermeasures for one reflect team - only it took that 3 chunks off me (25-24-23)

Anyway - that was great expirience - see you next time 😛

• Thanks 1
  • Surprised :O 1
  • GG 2

6 minutes ago, HentaiGuru said:

veterans go first

A littile bit different in Leagues: The first who reaches the specific score will be allways first at this score. So if you had reached 7647 and DvDivXXX had done his last fight 1 sec later than you and also lost 3 points in this fight you had won because you had reached this score first. All other have to outnumber you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Surprised :O 1

------------------
D3 run #162  2023/09/28-10/05 (Kichi Week 8; no LG available for me)

My 18th D3 win:

image.png

And indeed, as some of you have noted already, both my own personal best average and an actual perfect score. 25/25 average. Not a single point lost across all 306 fights. :ph34r:

image.png

Thanks @HentaiGuru for the final scores. This was a very busy day for me IRL so I didn't get a chance to check again until long after reset. I knew I literally could not be dethroned since even in case of a tie I had reached the maximum possible score first (which @bolitho76 pointed to: the rule you had in mind applies in for ties in Contests, but not in the leagues. Although I'm still not 100% sure it's about the score as Bolitho mentioned; as far as I know, it's about the rank. But it's hard to tell apart and ties are fairly rare to begin with, so I could be wrong). There was no risk of a tie anyways since all three of my contenders had already lost at least some points when I took that screenshot. I really didn't expect you to score THAT close to me, though. Congrats on the performance, and compassion for being the one who seemingly robbed you of what would have been a sure win most weeks (I've been in your shoes many times, I know how this feels). It's all the more impressive with your heavy usage of chlorella unironically (I didn't go that route myself, but given your results with it it's clearly a viable option again).

Well, according to a very few delusional old farts with an inflated ego and a hopelessly skewed view of what strategy and tactics really are, and just how little they really matter in a grossly imbalanced and inherently unfair PvP environment such as HH's Leagues system... this performance right here would have to earn me the "Tactical Genius" title. Right? :D A title formerly reserved to big fat whales who also happen to be veterans (and play well ^^) such as my friendly fellow mod @govenants. I've heard through the grapevine that Govs himself already made a perfect score last week, but I haven't seen the screenshot myself (no LAA report from him on the forum for quite awhile, though having seen his teams in Season plenty of times lately, it seems quite likely). I do remember @Ol Sheriff Joe's mention of his own 24.99 average, which was already pretty insane. But this right here would be the first documented perfect score, at least on the forum. ^^

Of course, this has a whole lot to do with the recent meta-shaking additions to the already ridiculously complicated, grindy, RNG-dependent and P2W-friendly clusterfuck of a PvP "RPG-like" system we already had. And well, I guess it must have at least a little bit to do with how well I understood the current transitional meta and how well I've cracked it in my performance on that particular week. ^^

Well, I'm not going to get all cocky and fool myself into attributing this extraordinary result solely to my personal skills, that would be a rookie mistake. I'm still pretty damn glad and a bit proud, and I'll allow myself to celebrate on this occasion, though.

But beyond that, we're going to keep seeing perfect or near-perfect scores for weeks and perhaps months to come, from more than a few of us regular D3 contenders, no doubt. I'm afraid it will even spread by cascading down to larger and larger groups (I've already seen the signs ^^).

Since @bolitho76 already evoked the group we're both in for this new week, I'll make a bold prediction before even playing my first fight for a change....

Spoiler

My main challenger this week is actually someone whose nickname doesn't even ring a bell: Tyrajan. Long-time contenders GetOverHere, Didish76 and Bolitho himself all have a very good shot at a top 4 as well, of course but there are only 4 spots in there. I'll also keep an eye on an underdog whose name doesn't ring a bell either: TRN. Unlike Tyrajan, they have no past win or even a past top 4 (at least currently visible on their profile, though since they started in 2017 their records might have been wiped at some point). From what I've seen, they understand the current meta better than most, and they have enough firepower to be a serious contender this week if they play their cards just right.

So yeah, I'm afraid this is far from just a duel between the two of us, my friend. ^^ But I'll be fighting tooth and nails as usual, in any case, just like I expect you will. Should be a fun one. <3

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 1
  • GG 3

Il y a 2 heures, DvDivXXX a dit :

But this right here would be the first documented perfect score, at least on the forum. ^^

Well done for that score, but don't sell yourself too highly either, you're 3 weeks too late for that first 😋

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • GG 1