How you doing in the "League"

casey

4 hours ago, Urist said:

Are you at the end of the current plot? If so try refilling your energy and see what happens. I would guess that it's probably the same thing.

That's why people in the thread have been saying it's a waste to spend kobans on refills this early on, until you see how many (if any) you need to reach your max fights.

I reached the end of the current plot extension basically in the time it took to finish it without buying any energy refills or in other words about 1 week

If league players are limited to 297 fights and those players can get to their game computer within 5 hour periods there isn't any need to buy refills.

Even if they miss a couple of fights they have a potential 336 fights so they can miss a few opportunities and still get there 297 fights in

My opinion is why buy refills if the winner of the league only gets 120 Kobans and the winner will be the highest ranked player (strongest battle team)

who fights 297 times.

An update on my league:

I'm still in 1st, with 273 points. Looks like no koban spenders in my league. The 2nd place guy has 264 points. I don't think I could currently beat him in a fight, but I might be able to if I finish maxing out my secondary stat in the next few days. The 3rd place guy has 258 points. He is by far the most powerful person in the league, 50 levels higher than me, 23k more ego 17k more KH (we're both KH players) and a 5 star Norou vs. my 4 star.

There are still some lower level players in promotion range:

6th place level 84

11th place level 63

15th place level 55.

That brave level (29 now) I mentioned before has fallen to 66th place. There are now 73 people who have points, although 72nd and 73rd have 1 point.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, _shal_ said:

But are all the 200+ guys currently in the top ranks actually optimized for battling or have they simply beaten up on the low-rankers? I've got 32 players at 200+ in my league, but 20 of them are guaranteed wins for me (at level 165), and another three are close enough that I might win at least one of the three challenges against them. And even some of the players I can't beat have non-optimized builds, e.g. level 270+ but battle stats like others at level 210 or so.

Of course, none of that contradicts your point that Wanker 2 will have almost no really low-level players anymore. But I do think you'll have a number of guys like me who are 100+ levels below the veterans like you. (I'll take my beating like a man. Will be interesting to see how many cycles I'll need until the level of play at Wanker 2 has dropped enough for me to get promoted to 3.)

Edit: The current leader in my league continues to be a koban-spending level 88 with 32,000 ego, heh.

while it is correct what you say it is not what i meant. i was talking about strategies for maximizing xp or to make the best use of it in the optimal time window. and player level is the only thing that matters here. (speaking from a point of view where every opponent in my group is an easy win, that enables me to experiment with that). and when there will almost exclusively be lvl200+ from wanker 2 onwards the impact of such strategies diminishes.

in regards to the upcoming changes and a possible end of first season 4 days early i adapted my strategy. i switched to the lvl 100-150 opponents. from saturday on (when the current xp contest ends) i'll probably do 150-200. and after leaderboard reset on sunday/monday i'll do all those highlevels. i should have enough natural battle points to clear out every 150+ until thursday 5am. if it will be option b) (i hope they tell us sooner than later but tbh i don't expect any info before monday along with the patchnotes) then i'll just continue clearing everyone that is left.

on a sidenote: the best ranked lowbie (lvl 111) in my group currently is rank 9. he prolly already ran out of beatable opponents or will do so soon. the best ultralowbie (lvl 36) is rank 19. he already has only half points of the top ranked players. he won't have a chance to get to the next tier even if he kobans the hell out of it. 1/3 of possible points is just way too few. and a few other 150-200ish worked their way up into the top 15. so those having somewhat good battle power will rise up once the highlevel weaklings run out of beatable opponents. in the end it will depend on whether the first season ends 4 days early and the will of players to spend kobans to rank up. (although it can only be a loss this time it might return on the long run spending a few kobans now. not yet sure about that)

Edited by Habi

As predicted, I'm done with the 200+ players in my league, aside from about 7 that are strong enough that I want to set them aside until the end. Working on 150-199 now. They're all shoe-ins, and should take me until Saturday morning to chew through.

I'm tied for 4th with a guy who seems dedicated enough that I'll be tied for the entire season. We'll probably both overtake 1-3 near the end, when they run out of opponents. (Hope you enjoyed your refills, guys...) Right now, I lose the tiebreaker to this guy, but I strongly suspect I'll have enough money within the next few days to get Fanny and Fiore their fifth star and allow me to beat opponents he can't. He could get his fifth star for Levitya, but his gear is suboptimal.

Nobody in my league can beat me. But that doesn't mean I'll win it. I'm currently tied for 1st, but that guy probably has some battles left. He's even 8 lvl's above me, but his stats suck. I wonder how someone that manages to get to lvl 284, that plays consistent enough to get in more battles than me (I miss only the points while sleeping) and still only has common girls for his team with such bad items on. I had 80k ego left after beating him.

Ah well. At least the low lvl guy who spent kobans has dropped below me. 

I've got someone spending kobans in my league now too. He was around 20 points behind me yesterday morning, and has come up to exactly tie me. And I've only missed about 90 minutes of charge time for sleep (No, I'm not adjusting my sleep schedule for this, I've only been sleeping 6-7 hours a night for years) and 45 mins for work. The thing is he's 35 levels higher than me, but with about 2/3 my ego and his main stat is less than half mine. Unfortunately my league has TONS of low level players, so it'll still be a while before this guy runs out of fights he can win.

1 minute ago, Urist said:

So players that reach level 20 will go into an ongoing league right away?

I normally would have said not until the next league begins, but, yeah, that screenshot... maybe they do pop in immediately.

I seem to be solid #3 in my league now. The guy who usually ties me lost one, so as long as we're both using all our points, I should still stay ahead of him until the end and I'm forced to battle more difficult opponents. And then, we'll see. The big question for me is whether I'll catch up to the current 1 and 2.

I actually lost a few minutes this morning - took a little long to get back from an errand. Hope that doesn't bite me later. :D

I am first in my league, there is only one player at my strength and I beated him the first, he is the only one that could win me but now is 15 points behind so less of a concern.

On the other hand there is a level 177 player that is chasing and even overtaking me sometimes, he is currently in second place, only two points behind, yesterday he fell more than 30 points behind me but he must have used kobans to recover positions. He probably will run out of players he can beat in the 9th or 10th day, but if he is willing to use kobans ...

In the first 15 positions there are some medium and even low level players: me, 177, 177, 280, 126, 186, 259, 241, 154, 90, 187, 262, 91, 248, 247, so you can be competitive even if your level is not very high.

There are 25 people without a single point in the league, and a lot more is very weak for his level. Surprises me that a lot of players are not trying to get the points and exp.

I had a guy jump up from sixth to 2nd. Lvl 90. Used kobans for sure, probably banking on kinkoid cutting it a week short. I don't get it though. Why does a lvl 90 want to spend kobans get promoted only to land in a league with only people he can't beat? It can't possibly be the 128 koban reward...

4 hours ago, dirty harry said:

57652714_room101.thumb.PNG.9d27434fccefac12b4e9bd3df62c713a.PNGThis is funny:

So far we've been battling 99 adversaries. I just encountered no. 101. Let's see If I can crank up my rank be4 he vanishes again. Rhaagnagnagna!

That is funny. I'm going to check mine now. 

ps How on earth did you get 86 million to apwnd this week? I have you beat on mojo this week surprisingly, but i saw your page ranked you for money spent, not mojo. So I checked. I'm broke now and spent only 27 million. 🤔🤨

Why you guys want to win these leagues so bad? The rewards in wanker 1 are so poor! Let those kobans wasters get those miserable 120 kobans 🤣

Anyway, it seems i'm the strongest in my league but i won't win for sure (because i want to sleep 😴)... who cares 😁

lea.thumb.png.1704ec145d47d10df8861c1533b696d0.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Urist said:

"Money Spent" ToF reward is always kobans.

And more importantly, only making the top 100 (or better) really matters because top 1000 pays only marginally more kobans than 1000+. That requires at least 50 million in cash, and even more in weeks like this one where lots of people have extra cash from doing more troll battles for the event.

Anyway, my league is still led by a level 92 player with under 40,000 ego. I reckon they've just about run out of beatable opponents though (a generous count shows 52 who might be in range, the other 48 are miles ahead in ego), and unless they're willing to throw kobans even at losing fights, they'll probably start dropping now. Might barely stay in the top 15 if the league gets shortened to 10 days, otherwise they're toast.

I'm in 4th place for now, but a much stronger player is on my heels and a few more aren't far off. I'll definitely finish top 15, but top 4 might be pushing it in the end.

Edited by _shal_

I'm still in the top 10, and there are 2 people ahead of me who are under level 150.

5th place is level 141 with 381 points, and he looks good to promote with a 110+ point lead on 17th, who is also only level 167. He should stay ahead of the guy in 6th, so 2 from outside the top 15 would need to pass him.

6th place is level 83 with 368 points, but his 100 point lead is much dicier, as he's got be nearly out of easily beatable people. Everyone in the top 20 is higher level, and there's only 1 that is just a little higher. The level 200+ people should make up ground if they want to do so and are active..

At level 187, and likely weak for my level, I need to figure out if moving up makes sense. I might be able to not relegate if I move up 1 level, but it's certainly possible to relegate back down.

11 hours ago, DHarry said:

I only get to 27, so more like 3 weeks.

But why? 🤣

Short answer: To get a purple kitty!

I spend 30-40 mill in pachinko to get the kitty in order to be able to beat players of higher rank in the league. (turns out it wasn't that necessary) I was surprised it took me all the way up to place nine in the tof money spent. That wasn't the goal but a nice bonus. I've been slowly dropping down to place 27 since and am curious where I will end up sunday night.

On another note: I'm currently 3rd in my league and expect to end up 2nd. About 80 players have points and reading this thread that seems a high number, though I don't think they are all that interested in winning wanker 1, more in pulling through to wanker 2 (pun intended). A lot of players are higher lvl but are poorly equipped and/or have bad stats and seem to be happy with that for now.

Perhaps they are saving up enough kobans and hymens to make a big leap forward  to be on par in wanker 2 or 3, thusly grabbing rewards not only in the leagues but also in the tof-tables. Which in turn is bad news for those that have announced the will make a move for top spot in the 1st or 2nd week of october.

For me, I'm looking forward to the clash of the wankers. When they give it their all it will be a sight to see. (#messy..........)

Edited by dirty harry

Slipped to fourth place. I lost about an hour today, I think, between that errand and a party. But I think someone kobaned their way up anyway. However, I'm taking a detour from chewing down the 100-150 crowd in my league to take on some of the 250+ that I can now beat, thanks to my brand new 5* Fanny!

Probably at least three days away from us all hitting the tough fights.

7 hours ago, dirty harry said:

Short answer: To get a purple kitty!

I spend 30-40 mill in pachinko to get the kitty in order to be able to beat players of higher rank in the league. (turns out it wasn't that necessary) I was surprised it took me all the way up to place nine in the tof money spent. That wasn't the goal but a nice bonus. I've been slowly dropping down to place 27 since and am curious where I will end up sunday night.

Yeah, I figured it was on pachinko as even if you bought everything in the shop you wouldn't be able to spend that much. So the Kitty hasvthe best stats? I'm pretty happy gear wise. Like to replace the treasure chest first. But my real question is, how did you get 87 million and why not spend it before?

I'm 2nd in my league again. That lvl 97 must've spent kobans again since he was 21 points behind and now 6 ahead. And I didn't miss a point. Whatever, I have 44 opponents beat. so he must have more. Not even halfway, so 88-90 is reasonable at the end. That means he can't win. There are more than 12 guys he can't beat.

I guess I should admire his resolve or something. The other high lvl I was tied with missed 6 points today. So it is in my hands again. But I do like to sleep... choices choices...

5 minutes ago, DHarry said:

Yeah, I figured it was on pachinko as even if you bought everything in the shop you wouldn't be able to spend that much. So the Kitty hasvthe best stats? I'm pretty happy gear wise. Like to replace the treasure chest first. But my real question is, how did you get 87 million and why not spend it before?

The answer should be obvious. Saving! Besides, 40 million in pachinko equals 60 million in tof since you sell the crap right back.

I'm 2nd in my league again. That lvl 97 must've spent kobans again since he was 21 points behind and now 6 ahead. And I didn't miss a point. Whatever, I have 44 opponents beat. so he must have more. Not even halfway, so 88-90 is reasonable at the end. That means he can't win. There are more than 12 guys he can't beat.

I guess I should admire his resolve or something. The other high lvl I was tied with missed 6 points today. So it is in my hands again. But I do like to sleep... choices choices...

Maybe he/they is/are not that interested in the leagues but use it's opportunities to score big in xp-related contests. The rewards there can be substantial and worth a few kobans though at lvl 100 spending more than 50 kobans wouldn't make sense. Unless it's not about the kobans but to finally one-up a person that has had you beat for about a dozen contests. Then it's psychological which is its own kind of logical. lol