How you doing in the "League"

casey

Well, apparently hell froze over again. And I mean it FROZE SOLID - I even had enough time to get a screenshot for the whiners out there.

1PRQ7TM.png

Even figured out how to post it not as a link!

Ended up 3rd which is my second (or maybe 3rd) ever top 4 in D3.

Additionally, top 4 in both contests, and finished off getting Mythic Salem.

Edited by Zteev
  • Like 14
  • Hearts 3

With Rarum and Sliq in the league it was time to sit back and watch these two giants of the game battle it out. I think Rarum has been away, so don't know if they took a snapshot.

Here are the final positions:

image.png.85a55b4bea6ac2799106081bef7d9b46.png

In the end sliq took the win.

3rd for me.

101 players, 300 fights, 298wins & 2 losses (to sliq who I never caught unboosted).

Good luck to all this week. 

• Like 14

image.png.9ab2682f8360b7bf59c34532f71ea69a.png

Attempt #52 in D3

Info: <current league> [<last league stats>] [<personal best>]

Average: 22.53 [22.92] [23.5]

Victories: ???/303? [294/297] [303/303]

Another Top 4 without using mythic boosters and a lot of cordyceps, which is great for koban income and this is my main goal here. I recognized Lili very early as a multiple winner and it looked like she took it serously so I refused to finally compete for #1 again. During the week I got the impression I could reach a top place without the usage of top boosters so I give it a try and I'm glad that it worked out.

• Like 14

On Monday, I noticed there weren't too many serious players in my league, and I actually had a shot at Top 4. I used 1 AM on reset, and switched from 1x Cordy + 2x Gin to 2x Cordy + 1x Gin. It seemed very doable:

top15-3h.thumb.png.92badf6e38e4c785e50510c0f3890e82.png

Then I got distracted because I only had 15 minutes to finish Salem and got awful drop rates. Just barely had enough time to check the final league results:

top15-30s.thumb.png.cff89ac56f83465f72f9eaa6c420a19a.png

Well. Nice try 😛

Cost: 1 AM + 1 refill, 3 extra Cordy: 902 Kobans

Reward: New personal records, I guess?

Avg: 21.91 (+1.2)

103 players in league, 303/306 fights won, 3 defeats

• Like 12
  • Sad 4

Screen shot 11.59am (GMT)

Finished 2nd - very unexpected as only expecting a top 15

Started with 3xCordys from prev League, used 2xGin & 1xCordy rest of week until I finished with 3xCordys. No AME's used.

875 kobans spent on re-fills, for a net gain of 3,889 kobans.

Commiserations to @Ravi-Samawho only dropped out of top 4 in the final hours of league. Your time will come soon.

(Wrong sheet - thanks @Ravi-Samafor spotting)

Final Pos.png

(Correct sheet - I hope !)

29-9-22.png

@DvDivXXXmy comment to @Chuck Nutzwasn't advising him the best way to play this game, I'm sure most players wouldn't follow the advice I gave. It was just giving a different perspective, and it did point out the downside to the tactic. If someone chooses a sub optimal way of playing after being giving a lot of good advice, you just gotta let them learn from their mistakes.

Edited by Incubys
  • Like 10
  • Hearts 2

Score: 6263
Avg: 20.67
Boosters: 8x 2 Gins/1 Cord, & 0 AMEs.
Refills: 0.99, costing -188 kos (~15 fights).
Profit: +2698 kos
Player Lvl: 471->473.
Avg Opponent Lvl: 481.6 -> 482.6

Girl Lvl Cap: 750
Defeats: 18/306 303 fights
Opponents: 101 (1 was banned)

Offense: 150k-155k throughout.
Defense: same as offense.
L5 Girl: 30% for Dayan .

Finished 7th.  This league week ended after the MD ended, so I was saving kobans carefully.  I noticed 7 players that previously finished 1st, not to mention @Incubys who finished 2nd.  I was underpowered in the first half (153k vs. 193k), just like the end of last week.  Aimed for a top 15, for those reasons.  I maintained the status quo, using 1 cord+2 gins constantly, and just 1 refill.  Ended up 201 points shy of a top 4, despite 18 losses, b/c I sometimes fought un-boosted enemies when I was still at a disadvantage.  Didn't wanna equip 3 cords.  Got a ~2.7k profit.

Next week is gonna be more fun, w/ all Legendary girls blessed 20%.

2022-10-06_5-13-30.thumb.png.0d6f2ca1b502e91ae491a86372f0a3ea.png

2 hours ago, Incubys said:

Commiserations to @Ravi-Samawho only dropped out of top 4 in the final hours of league. Your time will come soon.

Congratz on 2nd place.  I think it's your 2nd 2nd.
It's alright.  I wasn't aiming for a top 4. 
I'll post my results soon (finished 7th). 
You posted an old screenshot btw, it has Elphiba in it.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Ravi-Sama said:

I think you posted an old screenshot btw, it has Elphiba in it.

Thanks for noticing my "deliberate" mistake, glad to see someone is paying attention ! lol I'll leave it up and add correct one now

Yep, 2nd 2nd

Edited by Incubys
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

And the next report today.. everything went pretty much as planned.. got a all ginseng no refills/AM(well I did use 1 AM for the last 3 fights just to make sure even though I didn´t needed it in the end I guess ^^)  top 4 on hh and a all gin top 15 on nutaku.. I was thinking of a top 4 but in the end I would have needed 1 AM and 1 refill to have a chance so I decided to take the free top 15 instead .. this week will be interesting with phoenix in my league and our mate @bolitho76 :D  ..I hope phoenix goes all out :P  prob just a top15 all chorella on nutaku since I don´t feel like fighting 6 good opponents with 30k TP more than me for a 4th place :P

Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-06 um 12.55.41.pngBildschirmfoto 2022-10-06 um 12.47.03.png

• Like 12

1 hour ago, bolitho76 said:

Edited by bolitho76

Congrats, but... Why do you also have Rarum's screenshot in your post? ^^ I know he asked some opponents to take a screenshot for him in case he couldn't, but I still don't understand.

2 hours ago, holymolly said:

forgot to post last weeks results

Thanks for the heads-up. This way I won't imagine an epic impostor tale like last week with Tom. ^^

1 hour ago, Zteev said:

Even figured out how to post it not as a link!

Congrats! ^^ Just in case: simplest way is to just drag and drop the image file straight into the area you type your post in (there are other options but less intuitive). Nice week for you, it seems. Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Varaczek said:

It doesn't get any closer then this (also, very lucky to get a weak bracket this week):

Welcome to the LAA. For sure, lucky shot, but congrats all the same. It would be nice if you could give a little bit more info like the number of players in your league, maybe extend your screenshot to top 15 etc. (if this wasn't a one-off and you'd like to stick with us, which would be nice). ❤️ 

39 minutes ago, Incubys said:

If someone chooses a sub optimal way of playing after being giving a lot of good advice, you just gotta let them learn from their mistakes.

Indeed. We're on the same page for this, don't worry. ^^ I hopefully made this clear enough with my previous post.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I went demoted happily from D3 to D2, maximazing my points :)

I got a scare, when I accidentally went above the relegation line two and a half days before the end, but luckilly one guy passed me, and it was enough. DvDivXXX was in the same league, but we were at opposing ends.

After I managed to stay at 15-30 places at CxH, I'm hoping that I will manage to do the same at D2.

Edited by OmerB
  • Like 3

Now, for my report itself. And oh boy, did I work too hard for this one. ^^

HH League Story 140 - D3 - Dayan Week 1 - Top 4 Attempt vs Dimka & Slikk - Lucky past the gap right - D4 - they really play like shit.png

------------------
D3 run #110 2022/09/29-10/06
Boosters: ~6/7 (2x2gin+1co 0x1gin2co 1x3co 3x3gin). 1 AM. (219 fights w/o)
103 players. 102 opponents. 306 fights. wins: 305. losses: 1.
Average: 22.79
Finished: TOP 4
Girl Shards: Dayan (Week 1): +38%
Refills: 5x188kos 179kos 91kos 37kos = 1247kos
[[My Day One Analysis:
Contenders for top 4: Dimka, Slikk, ME? no other major threat I recognize
Maybe: whoever gets lucky past the gap
Plan: Another Nutaku-style oversized group already? Hmpf. Well, my Phase 1 team is crippled, missing both Matcha and Nike, whereas my Phase 2 team will "only" be missing Matcha so my best shot would be  then. I'll take only easy pickoffs until Monday, then go for it if I can. Okay, I'll note down who has Matcha in this group; since I'll be stronger than everyone else in Phase 2. I made a mistake attacking Thug for 21pts average now when he doesn't have Matcha and I can beat him much harder in Phase 2. Alright:
HAS Matcha:
750/500: Dimka X, Slikk X.
750/445: Figgis X.
700/500: Omega X, ferzairo X, bloodwolf X, somethingbot X, Pouk X.
700/491-486: Hisako X, dude X.
650/500: Sbars X, Mop X.
650 and below/490 and below: Alistair X, Freeroll85 X, Dio X, shake001:X.
A fairly low number, including my two main opponents, but still. <3]]
Cost: 1247kos (refills) + 0kos (stored AM) + 180kos (Cords) = 1427kos
Profit: 4764kos -1427kos = 3,337kos

#2 with one of the lowest averages in quite awhile, and I was still technically #1 until the last 15 mins or so (do I get a Chuck Award for that? ^^). I expected the top 4 attempt to be super tight and require a bit of luck, but it seems most of my opponents didn't play this one quite as hard or as seriously as I thought they would (especially Dimka, since despite his apparent determination early on, he ended up pushed out of top 4 in the final hour with his quite low score for a 103-player group, whereas Slikk at least made good on the hype I put on him and even took the win in the end, even though the "last hour push" technique is arguably sub-optimal and unnecessary to the point of being obsolete, and he certainly lost a lot of potential points by doing that).

In retrospect, with more cordys, less being sick and incapable of focusing on the last few days, and a fair bit more investment, I could probably have taken that win. Conversely, that top 4 could have been cheaper for me and the way I planned things out was way overkill. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20 and I did have a major handicap in my line-up compared to my couple of likely contenders. So, no regrets (especially since I couldn't foresee I would get sick during Phase 2 and I rushed quite a bit of non-optimal fights just to get them done as a result).

I still made a profit and I also explored more and new ways of making the best of my economical approach (which is still pretty new to me) and my crippling lack of cordys these days (which, yeah, MP could give me a bit more love, let's say ^^).

PS: Oh right, I almost forgot about Omer being there until he reminded me of it just now. ^^ I did notice you, though. Glad you demoted after all. And Bacon was with us too, but yeah I understood early on he seemed to be in "top 15 and chill" mode so aside from the "oh look who's here" effect, it didn't change anything for me.

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 16

59 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Congrats, but... Why do you also have Rarum's screenshot in your post? ^^ I know he asked some opponents to take a screenshot for him in case he couldn't, but I still don't understand.

I don't know exatly why. Had the screenshot deleted after I recognized that he appear there. Perhaps from a misclick the Froumprogram thought I wished his screenshot to add to my post as I added my statistic report.

• Haha 2

hh.png.9ee9abf841edc8bd5b71256bc092cee0.png

2nd Top 4 for me :) Although again a close one and, while I'm glad of the result, I consider having played poorly. Here's what happened on my end:

At league start, I'm counting 14 players with a higher Total Power than myself, which to me is a clear invitation for a "Top 15 & Chill" week. But I wanted to stay close from the Top 4, just in case, so between league start and blessing change I still used 4 cordys and 8 ginsengs (4x[1co,2gin]), 0 am, 0 refill. And I indeed remained close (about 50 pts behind or so)

Then came blessing change, and I quickly figured only 3 players (KKJai, yoyowhan and Jeff_Leppard) had higher Total Power. So I kinda went all in :D I used 3 cordys, 1 AM and 6 refills that day, and was entirely out of fights 48h before league end. I really think I could have chosen my fights better, and probably lost 40-60 pts in the process. But anyway that was done, and having nobody to fight anymore, I used 2x[2gin,1chlo] in the final two days.

Sum up: 7 cor, 12 gin, 2 chlo, 1AM, 6 refills used (I only paid for the refills, boosters are stored).

Congrats to KKJai for winning (their 1st win if I'm not mistaken), perfectly maneuvered. And kudos to my club mates Taorin, yoyowhan and Cantrix for their respective places, that was a great and fun show (even though none of us managed to win haha :D )

(yes, @holymolly yelled at us)

Edited by Uxio
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Hearts 2

@Uxio Congrats for your 2nd top 4, and thanks a lot for this complete and enjoyable report. Good read.

You definitely won what we call the "whoever gets lucky past the gap" draw, here, but there's no shame in that, and it's always good to pick up. And if you had played even a little bit chiller than that, considering the tiny 52 points lead you had on #5, you very likely would have missed out. So, good call! 👍

Nice to see you keep improving (and experimenting with) your booster usage. And making more refills, which is indeed more efficient (and flexible, too, timing wise). Ending early or on the contrary finishing late and anything in between isn't a bad play in and of itself, it all depends on your plan, availability and opportunities. In this particular case, based on your report and your fairly low average, even taking into account your 455 player level which gives you a bit of a disadvantage in base stats, my guess would be that Blessings weren't favorable at all to you, especially in Phase 1 as you said. So, it makes perfect sense to me that you focused your efforts in Phase 2. And hey! you pulled a top 4 out of it, so well done. ^^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ranking based on levels was 84/103. Ended up 22nd with 5867 points (mean 19.17). In times of points finished in the middle of the top30 group.

Used 3gin all the way
Def teams 158k & 161k (competition 193k & 167k)

Misjudged my chances and tried top15 finish when it was not realistic. Or well, it was clear that wasn't competitive on the 1st half but then the top dogs offered free points. Used a couple of refills to take advantage. However, turned out that those were the only freebies and rest of the half was a big struggle. Then the 2nd half was strong but not enough to compensate the damage done.

Ended up spending 900 kobans for nothing (refills). Should have just chilled the first half and make decisions on the second. Just in no position to compete if either of the halves is weak.

D3_06102022_snip.thumb.PNG.f50e78b0a53e2eabbcd31ef44d6e9f71.PNG

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

Screenshot taken at the end of the league.

906433359_Screenshot_20221006-130011_KiwiBrowser.jpg.e2400aa821ec8e62b8ab6a3371283605.jpg

Final rank: 3rd

Boosters used : 18 legendaries (2 cordyceps / 1 gingseng 6 times). 0 A.M.E.

102 opponents -> 304 wins and 2 losses

Koban spent: about 90 to do all the fights

I probably should have used some A.M.E during this league but afterall, it's already a challenge to do the best possible score without 😉

Have a good week and take care.

Edited by Tom208
  • Like 10

Well well well, if it isn't the Ol' Marshall's time to gloat... again!

So, what do we have here?... a though pairing, at least, that's what the Sheriff thought when he saw in his league the young renegade Relampago... His long experience (and more truthfully, his intensive network of spies and informants) had told him the young one was not to be taken lightly...

In the end, after swallowing cordycep after cordycep just to  keep his fighting spirit up and ready, Ol' Joe still stood straight, and ironically, it's from Shin, who he had completely overlooked that the only competition came from...

Congratulations to Julien for his fourth place, and a gentle shoulder tap to cypion31, who ended up in the worst place possible...

Capture d’écran 2022-10-06 à 12.54.03.jpg

And now, onto a new week of sleepless nightmares... 'cause this one will be really hard... I present you: the Ol' Marshall vs. one of his own teammates, the infamously sly Frostburn1... let's see in a few days if the young took out the elder 🤠

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

Late report this week, but a happy one, I was able to win in D3 again after 3 months, even not doing my best because I was away some days.

troc played well for a good second place, and Laura Angel and Lepprachaun took 3rd and 4th privilege places.

imagen.png.0893e90049efcabcded41e6b80ea92e9.png

• Like 11
  • Hearts 1

grafik.png.0eff8bf95803616194d2c7363b47f93c.png

A good result to me. With some other guys with lvl750 teams and some wons I had expected a little bit harder battle for top4. Holymoly got 4th like he announced yesterday on Discord.

I had most of the toime 1 Ginseng, 2 Cordy at one day only 3 Ginseng and used one AM Booster.

grafik.png.671c570688d0e27f0d26e4329ab81eec.png

This week I'm matched with DvDivXXX and Darkyz. I expect a top4 again.

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 12

After my epic fail last week, I decided to go for a cheap Top 15 this week. 1x Cordy 2x Ginseng all week (except one day where I accidentally used 2x Cordy)

- Score: 6144

- 284 Wins, 2 Losses, 11 skipped (didn't need that last refill). Skipped fights would have been mostly losses.

- Avg: 21.48

No record this week, but a safe and cheap 9th place. Very happy with that :) 3rd week in a row that I make it into the Top 10, so I think I'm safe in Top 15 now (after 20 weeks in Top 30)

top15-15s.thumb.png.823d3a0bbed64d9472684b1796a189b3.png

For the first time since I joined D3, the median level in my league is... 500. Yup. Seems like everyone is reaching lvl 500 nowadays :)

• Like 17

This league saw a very inefficient start to it with me not being able to target regularly boosted players due to the record-keeping being broken, and fighting blindly with a team setup I knew was okay but didn't bother checking other possibilities.

Except for the very start and end, I used 3 cordyceps with no AME. After the blessings change, I forced myself to go through with updating my script to work with the new market. Since I also had a lot of catching up to do in order to have fought everyone, it seemed okay to do multiple refills and despite not having prior records of when people have been unboosted, fighting almost all "safe to be good to fight at BC" targets was at least a start to getting a semi-decent score for no AME used.

Let's see if I can make a new winning streak happen. It's looking to be a slightly difficult second bracket.

league-2022-10-13-leaderboard.jpg

• Like 14

image.png.f453cac9bd8adc809d05c29f4d12154a.png

Attempt #53 in D3

Info: <current league> [<last league stats>] [<personal best>]

Average: 22.51 [22.53] [23.5]

Victories: 295/297 [???/303] [303/303]

Top 4 again! Great. I didn't change my current strategy because it works quite well. Nevertheless it was pretty close and I did not expect that after two thirds of the league. I was using 2 gingseng, 1 cordy most of the time without mythic, except on blessing change day. There I used 3 cordys to give it a try in pantheons stairway. My team was ok and I thought I should check my chances (but I'm still too weak). Because it was very close I decided to activate a mythic booster for my last few fights to have a higher chance to win everything. As always at the end I have to fight those guys which I didn't catch unboosted (without using refills of course). In the end I'm happy with the result and I think this was the best I can do. As far as I remember Darkyz had stronger teams.

I hope for a good bracked next week. With a mythic booster enabled I should have a good start.

• Like 14