1 minute ago, Chthugha said:

@Slynia not even the courtesy of moving French posts to the French section? 😂 It isn't exactly more work than post and close.

If this deserves to be commented upon then here goes, I'm dead certain that learning by your mistakes is lasting longer in memory than having people handle your mistakes for you. Not like it's more work to copy his own message and publish it in the correct section either.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Slynia said:

If this deserves to be commented upon then here goes, I'm dead certain that learning by your mistakes is lasting longer in memory than having people handle your mistakes for you. Not like it's more work to copy his own message and publish it in the correct section either.

The game sometimes sends people to the wrong part. I've ended up on the French side myself a couple of times. If you are used to just go to the forum to post there, you won't notice the difference. I doubt the message you put helps them. In that case you could simply say they are on the wrong part of the forum and close it. This gives the impression French is not allowed anywhere, which we both know isn't true.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

The game sometimes sends people to the wrong part. I've ended up on the French side myself a couple of times. If you are used to just go to the forum to post there, you won't notice the difference. I doubt the message you put helps them. In that case you could simply say they are on the wrong part of the forum and close it. This gives the impression French is not allowed anywhere, which we both know isn't true.

I completely disagree here. It's not hard to see when you're in the wrong section, all titles are in another language after all in the both sections. I definitely notice the difference, and by pointing that out that they are in the wrong section they will more than likely be more careful in the future, so it helps more than just sending it to the correct section for them. Also this might come as a surprise for you but I don't speak french, so I have no idea to verify without a translator if the post is in the correct section (in this case General), and that's too much of a bother. If you think the impression I gave was that French is not allowed anywhere I think you're dead wrong again. Anyway, your opinion is so far off from mine that I have to disagree with literally everything you just stated. Have a nice weekend.

I tend to move French stuff to FR, but I'm French so I know exactly what it's about. I know George tends to just move threads to the equivalent section in FR, and then it's the FR mods' problem from there. But I also completely support handling it as a wrong section/language post, which it still is. And I might do that for something in Italian posted outside of the Italian enclave, for instance. Better this than moving a thread that's actually in Romanian or Portuguese but looked Italian to me.

Anyway, this really doesn't matter much. We don't handle every little thing the same way, or the way you used to do back in your day. But we handle things, that's the important part.

1 hour ago, Slynia said:

I completely disagree here. It's not hard to see when you're in the wrong section, all titles are in another language after all in the both sections.

Actually, I'm afraid that's not true. By default the forum detects your browser language and uses it. Many titles in the English section are translated. The forum software has French, Spanish and Italian included, along with English. I made a suggestion some months ago to disable that translation because I'm sure some of the messages in other languages that constantly appear are due to that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Actually, I'm afraid that's not true.

Not true you say?
dddddd.PNG

1 subforum here

sasasas.PNG

4 subforums here

So the fact that they MIGHT be translated, which is not true for everyone (certainly not for me), there are still some obvious differences that anyone could notice.

Sure, if you're new to the forum this might not be obvious to you, but then all the more reason to tell them that they are in the wrong section so they can remember it in the future and just look for 2 extra seconds before creating a new topic.

I'm lazy to go and pick examples where in this forum was talked about "fitting language and section".

What I experienced is:

• entered text got translated without the writers doing
  • other people saw my text in my language while I wrote it in english.
  • people see all menues in their language even in the english part of the forum.
    • and there is a reason why: image.png.3e2ad1714eb1f92dc10c3d606edcb888.png

I'm not in the mood to try to figure out which browser/OS setting conflicts at which moment with the forum software. 

I'm okay to hint people that whatever they wrote - to others it is not in english.

I'm not okay to blame everyone not fitting into it that they are incapable of using "their tools correctly".

Because this is internet - between my fingers and your eyes are many many tools and layers that refrain from being responsible - yet somehow every piece is a little bit. 

A while ago I got super frustrated using youtube - because the bemothering Google decided to translate all english video titles into my native language (browser or even OS setting - dunno). Well, whatever Google imagined/invented to be words in my language. Because it was awfully translated. 

On top of that I was looking for videos in my language but 90% turned into crap because they were in english. And as I'm neither firm in english nor that topic, it was important to get the language right so I can grasp the topic.

The solution was: Log in for youtube and make setting "do not translate" - or use a vpn to make Google stop translating. 

Edited by windia

Language barrier is and always will be a problem, misunderstandings are bound to happen.

My entire point of what Kenrae quoted was not that it's easy to notice which forum you're at cuz the titles are different, my point was that there are noticeable differences and titles was just one of the differences (it was an example).
Then I believe Kenrae misunderstood that that was my point, pointing out that there are autotranslations for some users.
And then I misunderstood Kenrae (cuz he quoted the entire sentence, not just the language part), thinking that he ment that I was wrong in it not being easy to know at all (when what I now believe that he actually just ment that for some users everything is in the same language thanks to autotranslations).

Lastly, the comment by windia of incapable of using "their tools correctly" which is heavily implied towards me, also misunderstood what I ment. As in no way was that something I was trying to say. I said there are still some obvious differences that anyone could notice. Could is the keyword here, my point here was that anyone that pays attention can see that something's not quite right, regardless of translations or not.

I'm sorry for any confusion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slynia said:

Language barrier is and always will be a problem, misunderstandings are bound to happen.

[...]

Lastly, the comment by windia of incapable of using "their tools correctly" which is heavily implied towards me, also misunderstood what I ment. As in no way was that something I was trying to say. I said there are still some obvious differences that anyone could notice. Could is the keyword here, my point here was that anyone that pays attention can see that something's not quite right, regardless of translations or not.

I'm sorry for any confusion.

No, it was not a hidden quote/allegation. If so, I would have quoted it. That is why I introduced my part with "... to find examples..." - yet this connection got lost in the many words I made in between. It was a hidden reference to "what I have read in the past". In this forum. Over multiple threads and participants.

Sorry about that. 

Yes, people should pay attention. I can't blame who is using default settings - and that is why I tried to emphasize, that tools' help is sometimes no help yet the opposite. While the tool developer thinks only his way and imagines it helps.

Edited by windia
  • Like 3

The groupies 1star girls have arrived on test server

like one anniversary the event girls - these are obtainable from every boss.

image.png.b4b875099752da67bb47f13ad6d8fe23.pngimage.png.06291fed4367d4f60ae91f068161459d.png image.png.9d11a8c75b4503c07aa63d65b4faa380.png

image.thumb.png.a989c8d5d873f600dee6ad9fca2664f8.png

edit: either they are still broken or don't even need 100 shards to obtain - wtf?

image.png.0a418da29ce0118950be8583725103af.png

Edited by windia
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, windia said:

The groupies 1star girls have arrived on test server

like one anniversary the event girls - these are obtainable from every boss.

image.png.b4b875099752da67bb47f13ad6d8fe23.pngimage.png.06291fed4367d4f60ae91f068161459d.png image.png.9d11a8c75b4503c07aa63d65b4faa380.png

image.thumb.png.a989c8d5d873f600dee6ad9fca2664f8.png

edit: either they are still broken or don't even need 100 shards to obtain - wtf?

Ooof this is the most disappointing news. Not looking forward to one-star girls clogging up the harem and taking up precious shards when trying to get girls in the events.

• Thinking 1

18 minutes ago, KelvinSmythe said:

Ooof this is the most disappointing news. Not looking forward to one-star girls clogging up the harem and taking up precious shards when trying to get girls in the events.

Why would they take shards away? Nothing else does.

1 minute ago, KelvinSmythe said:

Bad wording on my part. I meant more that you'd have the opportunity to win shards for these 1-star girls when you'd prefer to gain shards for another girl.

Assuming it works the same way these things have always worked in the past, you'd only ever win shards for these girls on a roll that would've otherwise won money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, KelvinSmythe said:

Bad wording on my part. I meant more that you'd have the opportunity to win shards for these 1-star girls when you'd prefer to gain shards for another girl.

I understood you the first time. That's not how it works. Nothing lowers the odds of getting shards for an event girl or a permanent girl, you'll have less odds for getting money, as GeorgeMTO has said.

@windia Thanks for the heads-up (I rarely open the test server unless someone mentions something new to check out).

Looks like they've decided to go on with their one-star fillers clogging up the harem instead of taking any suggestion on how to make this interesting rather than just plain annoying and misleading (by making them groupies slash pets slash companions slash anything besides giving them haremette status). Oh well.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

@windia Thanks for the heads-up (I rarely open the test server unless someone mentions something new to check out).

Looks like they've decided to go on with their one-star fillers clogging up the harem instead of taking any suggestion on how to make this interesting rather than just plain annoying and misleading (by making them groupies slash pets slash companions slash anything besides giving them haremette status). Oh well.

one of the many problems is also:

• there is (by observation) a 50 girl limit for (at least temporary) PoPs
  • these groupies 1star girls might help in the beginning - when I have no girls at all.
  • at the moment I have enough 3+star girls leveled 2star and beyond - these weak will even surpass the 50-limit
    • with the rare usage with the sharp power incline at PoP lvl8
    • yet I have no real problem here, only the fact that I focused on weekly ToF affection rewards made me wait in upgrading.
    • And nowadays I keep the gifts for new relevant legendary/mythical girls and PoA...
    • and getting girls in is really no problem at all with these many events
Edited by windia

I don't know exactly how the things will go, but if when there is an event that has girls on villains, there will always be on every villain involved both 1 star girls and 3 star girls, my gathering of girls will abruptly stop. If I have to choose between having an harem clogged up with tens of worthless girls, or keep it as it is now, gathering new girls only in Legendary contests and Path of Attraction events, I'll choose the latter without a second of hesitation. Obviously I can't be sure of this, but IMHO this feature could even be the ruin of HH, with older players leaving a game who has become unplayable and new players that try the game only to leave discouraged (or in the middle of derisive laughs directed at the devs address) after understanding how things will evolve in the long run.

6 hours ago, Observer_X said:

I don't know exactly how the things will go, but if when there is an event that has girls on villains, there will always be on every villain involved both 1 star girls and 3 star girls, my gathering of girls will abruptly stop. If I have to choose between having an harem clogged up with tens of worthless girls, or keep it as it is now, gathering new girls only in Legendary contests and Path of Attraction events, I'll choose the latter without a second of hesitation. Obviously I can't be sure of this, but IMHO this feature could even be the ruin of HH, with older players leaving a game who has become unplayable and new players that try the game only to leave discouraged (or in the middle of derisive laughs directed at the devs address) after understanding how things will evolve in the long run.

well, I dont think most players will leave the game because there are more girls obtainable - most veteran players probably dont care, because they have a total different approach to the game than you have (generalisations arent helpful most of the time (and you tend to do them a lot))

for new players this could even be more fun then it's so far (more girls = more fun)

regarding champion: if you still have to fight champions (besides club champions) I dont think it's too bad - the pool gets bigger yes, but on the other side you get more drafts, and honestly, nobody knows how much of the 1* girls they will introduce and on what regularly basis  - at least 10 or even 50 of them wouldnt be that big of a problem for champions

regarding drop rate: it seems they arent easier to get in the sense they drop faster, but more like you can get shards for them everywhere, so soon or later you will have them all (just thinking about how many you fights you need for all the event girls in one month), and I really think so far, they are easier to get (which not means faster)

regarding: PoP it doesnt seem like there are coming more PoPs in the near future (more variants though); if you can play them with you current pool more girls wont matter (and you probably will get enough higher stars girl before you get a higher level in PoP)

i just dont see what new they will bring to the game (expect more girls), would have loved if they concentrated their energy on something else, like balancing league, more club features, fixing their code, ...

Edited by blaa
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, windia said:

[...] edit: either they are still broken or don't even need 100 shards to obtain - wtf?

okay, once I got some shards, the look a bit more normal in harem:

image.png.b06d410d8709f563ec65e3095bfb95c8.png=> image.png.d3439f02a87646ee6a06245d7fc1d6cb.png

Nevertheless - strange things are happening here - why on earth is the first opponent highlighted?

image.thumb.png.aac3d263d6b85405f056a217aa6c553b.png