149 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite girls

• Heatwave Piper
    • Heatwave Petal
    • Heatwave Claryssa
    • Heatwave Zeina
    • (None)

8 hours ago, Observer_X said:

Forgive me, but am I correct if I assume you are talking about your personal time?

Right you are. I hit the task just before bedtime so I only got in about 10 pts after I posted. The next day had a lot of RL in it and I had no reason to hurry so I might not have finished before the next night.

I am usually about 1 refill short of being able to fight everybody in the league (thanks a lot NA time zone) but my guy came up in leagues so I decided to do a refill since I would be doing it anyway. I ended up using about 14 hrs elapsed (including sleep).

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Observer_X said:

[...] three times the time I calculated, and even the word "leisurely" makes things appear a little exxagerated in this optic, so or my math is terribly wrong or your measurement includes personal matters, hence my question.

I personally see your math as wrong/far too optimistic - assuming to win all arena battles feels like... - in what lvl-mojo-area do you live? 

I never was in a region where even boosting defeated any arena opponent.

Edited by windia

After finishing my participation in the event and getting the 4 girls, this is my opinion about it:

- Rewards: Vastly improved over the first two PoA events, even if you only take the free path. Although the girls are the main reward, just the Epic x1 and x10 orbs (don't forget the Mythic orbs) make the event worth to play. The energy, combativity and tickets received can be used for the latter tasks, and if you pay the 7200 kobans they almost add up to complete the required tasks. 👍👍👍

- Girls: I like them, Zaina is a bit below the others. 👍

- Tasks: The number has increased, but the time to complete them too. Reduced champion battles, good. The money spent, items sold and energy tasks should be easy for anyone. Villains and PvP wins number could be a bit high in the latter tasks for some players, but there is plenty of time. 👌

- Final conclussion: The best PoA :x. If you take the free path you get 3 girls or more (2 in rewards, one from the EP x10 orb, and the posibillity of more with the EP x1 orbs, and even completing another in the MP). If you pay to unlock the second set of rewards, then the tasks are almost too easy with the energy, combativity and tickets granted, and you get not only 2 more girls in rewards, but also another with the EP x 10 orb, and the posibility of more with the EP x1 orbs, plus more MP x3 and x6 orbs.

The cons: PoA is time demanding for a casual player, and you have to time when to use your combativity, energy, etc. although not difficult if you plan a bit ahead of time. And you have to get some resources (tickets, junk items) prepared beforehand, especially if you are not going to take the paid path.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Bwomp43 said:

Event XIV, I have apparently finished the most current quest line and am incapable of using energy, am I just screwed out of the entire event now? 

Spend 60 Energy to buy a champion ticket at the reception desk

Edited by JAVhero
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, windia said:

I personally see your math as wrong/far too optimistic - assuming to win all arena battles feels like... - in what lvl-mojo-area do you live? 

I do not know what @Observer_X's situation is but my arena win rate is basically 100%. I get mostly bots. Arena wins used to be worth something when they gave player xp. Now I recommend losing as many fights as you can until you drop down to easy street or hopefully all the way to botville. Take the 16 least mojo wins each day then lose every fight possible. It costs you almost nothing. (9 girl xp + 9 aff) * 3 at my level. If you are struggling for arena wins the cost is worth it. The biggest mistake is not taking losses.

If you end up in botville you can resume winning, have a 100% win rate, have the ability to pile on PVP if you need to, and have the ability to get all your wins with weak girls who can benefit from the xp and aff. Even an unboosted 4 star will wipe the floor with a bot. An arena win with a maxed aff girl is a waste.

It took me about 6 weeks of max 16 wins/day to get where I am. Mojo is almost never your friend.

Edited by snowman22
Wrong number.

36 minutes ago, snowman22 said:

I do not know what @Observer_X's situation is but my arena win rate is basically 100%. I get mostly bots. Arena wins used to be worth something when they gave player xp. Now I recommend losing as many fights as you can until you drop down to easy street or hopefully all the way to botville. Take the 16 least mojo wins each day then lose every fight possible. It costs you almost nothing. (9 girl xp + 9 aff) * 3 at my level. If you are struggling for arena wins the cost is worth it. The biggest mistake is not taking losses.

If you end up in botville you can resume winning, have a 100% win rate, have the ability to pile on PVP if you need to, and have the ability to get all your wins with weak girls who can benefit from the xp and aff. Even an unboosted 4 star will wipe the floor with a bot. An arena win with a maxed aff girl is a waste.

It took me about 6 weeks of max 16 wins/day to get where I am. Mojo is almost never your friend.

That only worked for you because you were previously extremely high in mojo, so high that the arena player groups are relatively small and the gaps between them very large. I'm relatively high as well (top 500), but in a very large group that has sucked up lots of smaller groups over the past year, so a) it would be very dfifficult for me to drop out as I'd quickly get almost nothing but 1-point losses, but 16 mostly high-point wins, and b) even if I did manage to get to bot territory, I'd just get caught by the next lower group in a few weeks. The vast majority of players will simply never find a bot zone no matter how far they drop.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, windia said:

34 minutes ago, snowman22 said:

Here you are:

image.thumb.png.2e72d4149942ed57b0107252c8452a18.png

Two of the three players you see are bots. I tried just before posting this and discovered just in that moment that the first one is a real player. Before that moment, I thought that all three were bots, as I fought bots for quite a few months now (I am unable to remember how many), and for the same time I never checked for real players, probably because I don't remember to have lost a single battle in the Arena in the same long period. In my 421 levels I did three times what @snowman22 mentioned, i.e. using a set of weak equipment I kept aside I purposedly lost arena battles for a long streak of days (last time, if memory serves me right, I continued for over three weeks straight: the only difference from @snowman22 is that I also renounced to Arena daily quests in those periods), until only bots were on my arena roster (and for some days after that). Until around level 400, I was later able to to level nearly all my girls near level 100 only with arena battles, waiting for the moment i would own enough books to make a jump (see "The great upgrade" thread under the Off topic section). Now that a normal player has reappeared in the Arena, it is possible that in the future (dunno how far) I will need to repeat the process a fourth time.

28 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

[...]

I purposedly lost arena battles for a long streak of days (last time, if memory serves me right, I continued for over three weeks straight: the only difference from @snowman22 is that I also renounced to Arena daily quests in those periods), until only bots were on my arena roster (and for some days after that). [...]

Well, yeah, back in the days when arena win 16 was not that much worth it sounded solid -  back these days I went for extra XP in arena.

Nowadays I think I'm to greedy to let the Mythic orb - or 30 of them - just pass away. I'm not sure if I want to invest that (or before orbs the champion tickets). 

Even if I know that Mythic Pachinko is round about 1% or less in getting a girl.

And not to forget the mojo calculation: I get +32 mojo when the opponent is ~500-1000 ahead from me - so dropping out the very last bit is taking some time as I get in this time mostly -1 losses.

Edited by windia

Event ended in advance without problems but PoA never gave me problems, I always finished it without spending kobans.

The longer parts surely the energy and champion missions but nothing terribly boring like last time so a good improvement.

But the big difference with the other PoAs is that, for the first time, I opened the paid path and I did it because... it was worth it (and not for the quality of the girls... Zeina 🤮).

However I recommend players not to get used to it, this was considered as an anniversary PoA so it's normal that the prizes were better, but the next will be a normal one so we will most likely go back to the normal quality level (whether you liked it or not).

As far as I'm concerned so, unless surprises (like the most beautiful girl of the game on the other side of the path, and I think it's unlikely with the current artists) this could be the first and last paid path that I open in a PoA until the next anniversary and I think my virtual wallet will thank me for this 😅

1 minute ago, windia said:

Well, yeah, back in the days when arena win 16 was not that much worth it sounded solid -  back these days I went for extra XP in arena.

Nowadays I think I'm to greedy to let the Mythic orb - or 30 of them - just pass away. I'm not sure if I want to invest that (or before orbs the champion tickets). 

Even if I know that Mythic Pachinko is round about 1% or less in getting a girl.

Sure, last time I did that process arena daily quest rewards were quite different. If the time comes, some evaluations about the exact behaviour will be necessary. At least for now, I will continue like this until my winning streak continues.

I've chosen the Leagues approach to PvP because I'm more certain of winning and gaining XP (certainly useful in the 'spend energy' part of the PoA).  It's a balancing act as to whether to wait half an hour for another three chances to play the Arena (and with a good chance of losing in my case) or do rounds of 15 in The Leagues with refills when it comes to the 45 performances required.

The advantage for me of playing The Leagues is that I'm an occasional player anyway and I was booted down the rankings to join all the other also-rans.  This has meant for me that there have been a lot of low hanging fruit and chances of easy wins before the event ends.

Because I gained a lot of XP from league battles I was able to time the claiming of energy rewards with a leveling up of XP.  Just something to think about in this game of strategy.

Overall, not a bad event for me and a lot of fun.  Having got Piper, though, I could assess her.  NOT my favourite by any means and not all that well drawn.  A good version of Petal, though, on first impressions, even though I'm unlikely to win her.  Clarysse is really good too, but no chance of getting her.

I haven't made a lot of advances on the competitive PoA with girls, but lots of handy items this time, especially orbs that'll come in handy.  I've also accumulated a lot of cash from selling items from Champions wins (that were achieved by mistake).

Hey, did any of you get a popup featuring 3 pairs of girls?  I did but dismissed it thinking it was a hoax.  I'm wondering if I made a huge mistake and whether I should cry into my coffee!  I'd be keen to be put out of my misery by kind and helpful members.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I've chosen the Leagues approach to PvP because I'm more certain of winning and gaining XP

You should do both the leagues and the arena, especially if you want to get through the tasks faster.

I am curious though how are you holding up with your six accounts (or do you use fewer for this event)?  For example, 600 champion performances is quite a lot.

Personally, I play both HH and GH, which is like having two accounts.  For me, the champion performances went ok as I waited a little for the account that was behind, downgraded my equipment, and used a 15min timer.

• Haha 1

Finished the event yesterday, only used the energy refills. Now I am waiting for the next event where i can start with a nice headsup from the remaining combativity.

Dont have to repeat, what @jelom already said about the event, nothing to add from my side.

Good luck to everyone still grinding - dont worry, you have some days left! ;)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

[...]

Hey, did any of you get a popup featuring 3 pairs of girls?  I did but dismissed it thinking it was a hoax.  I'm wondering if I made a huge mistake and whether I should cry into my coffee!  I'd be keen to be put out of my misery by kind and helpful members.

I'm not sure what you have in mind.

The current event when you pay the extra rewards than it is in fact 3 pairs of girls: 2 pairs with now visible girls and 1 pair with the 10x EpP orbs.

Any popup inside the game cannot be a hoax unless the server got hacked.

4 minutes ago, mikcris said:

Wow today they have outdone themselves. But I still do not get how 180 kobans costs as much as 30 kobans from last week when we had a daily present i.e. 1 euro.

that is the way of life - things change, sometimes by RNG 😉

God damn this PVP task... I didn't get demoted for the League when I intended to, and now I'm out of town and on limited mobile data, Im actually resorting to jeloms massive adblockers and everything, I need to block all of the god damn HD pictures so I can reach the girls and redeem the rest of the rewards that I'm keeping for the rest. I'm at 33/80 PvP wins now, and I've got 2 more days left, I can do this, I just need to not eat the entire data cap that I'm working under. Or rather KKs HD images that u cant not view don't eat my entire data cap 😂

Edited by Čamuga
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I managed to finish the PVP wins this morning and got the last two girls. Yay for me!

My opinion of the event is the same as the one already voiced by others: it's been great and it's the best of the PoA events we've had till now.

For the ones that are still going fot it: Good luck, and remember that there's still almost three days left. You'll do it!

• Like 2