Patch Notes Week #37

Noacc

2 minutes ago, mikcris said:

Wait ... was I in the  wrong thread? I thought we were talking about the new game feature, but I see a lot of cheese here😂

@DvDivXXX and @Slynia It's time for the new moderators to fork a new thread for the cheese question 🤣

(By the way, in Spain  it is also said to have more holes than a gruyere cheese "tener mas agujeros que un queso de gruyere")

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, DvDivXXX said:

It's not incorrect at all. And Italy is another country where, unlike the US, there are a few more types of cheese than "French cheese", "Swiss cheese" and "Pizza Crust". ^^

In Germany we also know a lot of different types of cheese, but the idiom used here is also "like swiss cheese" and not a specific brand or type of cheese like Emmental or Gruyère.

Personally, I don't like cheese at all, so for me cheese is NOT important at all! 9_9:D

7 minuti fa, DvDivXXX ha scritto:

It's not incorrect at all. And Italy is another country where, unlike the US, there are a few more types of cheese than "French cheese", "Swiss cheese" and "Pizza Crust". ^^

Well, as far as I know, it would be incorrect 'cause gruyère has no (to little) holes (and Emmental(er) is/was called sometimes "the Gruyère with holes", at least in Italy)
(sorry, enough with cheese talk, I'll stop here 😅😂)

Edited by Antimon
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Antimon said:

In Italy we say (incorrectly, but that's how the idiomatic expression goes) "than gruyère"

Huh. I'd no idea. I've relatives in Trieste & Lucca (who, like me, have a lot of Swiss heritage) & I've never heard them reference gruyère. Oh well, I guess the phrase has mutated whilst retaining its original meaning.

15 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Do you want the win that badly? I'll give it to you. Here: 🧀 After all, it's the English forum, so the fact that both of those terms were borrowed from French, or that Emmental is just a subtype of gruyère (and both are full of holes anyway)

Wow, that's a bit of an overreaction. For the record - & this isn't intended to have passive aggressive overtones - emmental is not "just a subtype of gruyere". 

Edited by Caradog
typo
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

It's a permanent feature... Does a new reward every 7 hours (in exchange for a few clicks every 7 hours) for the foreseeable future sound like a bad deal to you?

I'm totally ok with the other repetitive rewards. They are cool. I'm "confused" only with the "premium" one, for which you're meant to grind this feature for days and, maybe, months. I highly doubt that the chances to get these rewards are even. I expect the shards to have the least possibility to drop in the first place. And so the question is still here - what so special about another 3 star legendary?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

I'm totally ok with the other repetitive rewards. They are cool. I'm "confused" only with the "premium" one, for which you're meant to grind this feature for days and, maybe, months. I highly doubt that the chances to get these rewards are even. I expect the shards to have the least possibility to drop in the first place. And so the question is still here - what so special about another 3 star legendary?

As was already disclosed there will not only be this 1 girl per PoP, but multiple. So it's not just about 1 girl eventually. But of course how many girls in what timeframe etc. that is still unclear!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

You could ask that question about 99% of the girls in the game. What makes this one so particular that she needs to be inquired about specifically? Gotta catch them all, that's the answer as always.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Caradog said:

Wow, that's a bit of an overreaction. For the record - & this isn't intended to have passive aggressive overtones - emmental is not "just a subtype or gruyere". 

Sorry if it came across that way for you. It was meant to be tongue in cheek, after all the side topic about cheese isn't all that serious. I won't correct you further on that (anyone curious can look it up).

Alright guys... Mod hat on, then. Please, let's stop talking about cheese in this thread from now on. We've had our fun (at least most of us). Let's get back on-topic. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And another question about PoP: with the growth of power how does the team power per minute changes? Is it capped at 7 hours or changes?

There was this table for how the "power needed" changes with level, but there's no information about how the timer changes. Is it always capped at 7 hours and "team power/minute" is just derived from "power needed" with those 7 hours in mind?

Goblins: Masters of Shadows  (girl: Pit'chun)

level   shards     tickets     mythic x1   great x10    power

1.         1          1                   1                 1             4.62 m
  2.         2          2                   1                 1             5.04 m
  3.         3          2                   1                 1             5.46 m
  4.         4          2                   1                 2             5.88 m
  5.         5          2                   1                 2             6.30 m
  6.         6          3                   1                 2             6.72 m
  7.         7          3                   1                 2             7.14 m
  8.         8          3                   2                 2             7.56 m
  9.         9          3                   2                 2             7.98 m
  10.       10          4                   2                 2             8.40 m

2 minutes ago, Bomba said:

Is it capped at 7 hours or changes?

It's capped at 7 hours. Even with 10 times the required power amount, this doesn't change.

Edit: To be clear, it can't be shorter than 7 hours. If you don't pack enough punch, it can be a lot longer, though.

Edited by DvDivXXX
clarification
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Your opinion on koban spending is very much not what any other user's is. Please don't provide it unless explicitly asked for.

If yours was an attempt to tease, know that the right to have your say (always with education and respect) is not a topic I love to joke about: the fact that my playing style is totally different from the one of every other player doesn't mean that my opinions don't deserve the same respect due to any other player. If yours was not an attempt to tease, and you really think I will ever give up on exerting my right to express my personal opinion (again, always with education and respect) and tell about my gaming experience, you'd better report me immediately to the CM for an immediate and final ban. This is my last and definitive word on this subject, so you can tranquilly avoid further warnings, as they will fall into thin air.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

If yours was an attempt to tease, know that the right to have your say (always with education and respect) is not a topic I love to joke about: the fact that my playing style is totally different from the one of every other player doesn't mean that my opinions don't deserve the same respect due to any other player.

Where did you get this strange idea that opinions deserve universal respect regardless of their content? This world is full of opinions that deserve ridicule and nothing else. People might deserve universal respect, I'll give you that. 

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

the fact that my playing style is totally different from the one of every other player doesn't mean that my opinions don't deserve the same respect due to any other player

No, but the fact that you never ever spend kobans in this game means that your opinion on what's worth paying kobans for or not should, at best, be taken with a pinch of salt. And please don't take this the wrong way, but it's simple logic. I wouldn't take drawing lessons from a blind man (nor from someone who's been wearing a blindfold on purpose for years). In the same way, I wouldn't take koban spending advice from you.

6 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

In Texas, cheese in one of the four major food groups, damn straight it's important! 🤣

Alright, that's the last comment about cheese in this thread. Those who still wishes to discuss cheese can do so in the Off-Topic section.

Note: This is not directed towards you Pelinor, but to anyone who still wishes to discuss cheese in this patch note discussion thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Every new feature which adds variety and rewards to the game is appreciated! Thanks Kinkoid!

One thing to add is what looked like to me from the preview that this feature was built to be a help in getting not yet attained girls from different old events and possibly even pachinko (randomly selected). As I see now it is about exclusive new girls, well that's great too, but if it was to be like Mythic Pachinko that requires time instead of orbs / kobans - that would be extraordinary! Unfortunately it is not..

• Like 2

Does anyone understand what this means? 

"The more you experiment with the girls and the Team, the better you will get at fulfilling your missions and getting rewards." 

I don't see any benefit for selecting any girl over another, as long as you select enough girls to earn at the maximum rate. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikcris said:

So what am I supposed to get out of this... only the cap for the power increases with the level and no matter what level you are it is still 7h...

I mean why not 8h like all the other resets in the market?

7 hours is a nice amount of time to enable players to get through 3 runs on most days, isn't it? Start one before going to bed, start another one after waking up, start a third one during the day and have it finish before you're going to bed again so you're able to keep the cycle going.

(Not that it's necessary to hyper-optimize here, the rewards aren't that great that missing out on a run would be a big deal.)

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

Interesting new feature. 

For now I probably participate low profile, to check out how it evolves. Can`t waste my precious kobans on this yet. 

Hoping that some people are willing to share and or collect the drop rates between the 4 different prices. 

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

No, but the fact that you never ever spend kobans in this game means that your opinion on what's worth paying kobans for or not should, at best, be taken with a pinch of salt. And please don't take this the wrong way, but it's simple logic. I wouldn't take drawing lessons from a blind man (nor from someone who's been wearing a blindfold on purpose for years). In the same way, I wouldn't take koban spending advice from you.

And neither I would try to induce you to do anything similar. In my normal posts, I always talk in general: by your past exchanges you should know me enough to know that I never try to give lessons: I say only what I think on the matter at hand based on my game experience. The parts in bold IMHO should tell this to any player intelligent enough to understand correctly the meaning of what I wrote:

2 hours ago, Observer_X said:

Maybe I am the only player thinking like this, but the cost of a girl in Epic pachinko to obtain every 7 hours just a little more of what you obtain without spending nothing (girl shards apart) IMHO is not worth the candle.

Even if there are players around here who are inclined to consider the above as an advice on how to spend kobans, however I do not consider this a reason strong enough to justify a player being silenced by forbidding him to say what he thinks. If a player interprets an opinion as advice, and what's more he doesn't listen to other bells, the fault is of that player, not of whoever expressed the opinion. I am assuming that I am dealing with people of normal intelligence, which means that they know how to decide for themselves if I shoot bullshit, and if they are bothered by my posts they are free to put me on their ignore list as I did with @_shal_.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Observer_X said:

due to my actual no kobans policy in my case the new feature usefulness is nearly to worthless.

Sounds like a personal problem.

5 hours ago, mikcris said:

So what am I supposed to get out of this... only the cap for the power increases with the level and no matter what level you are it is still 7h...

I mean why not 8h like all the other resets in the market?

I actually really like the 7 hours, at 8 hours your start time each day will slowly slide backwards as you lose time when its done and unrestarted. At 7 hours it's far more reliable to begin and end at the same time each day.

5 hours ago, Sir Fuck-a-Lot said:

I already spent the first 600 Kobans for Level 2. At least that doubles the possible shard reward. What I cannot guess right now is what I'm getting in the long run from investing more Kobans into this. If there isn't another girl in this PoP after getting the first one, I don't think the 6.000 (?) Kobans for Level 10 would be a really good long term investment ...?

The upgrade should pay for itself over time, my only concern would be how much time? The tickets/orbs will help you to win contests and the mythic pachinko orbs will get you boosters, saving you from buying them from market for 90 kobans each (assuming you do buy em, I do to compete in D3). So while its a big initial investment IMO its worth it.

Edited by Taorin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Eh... so long as I'm not forced to be glued to my seat competing with other players or timed events while I work for a living. I'm fine with it. I mean plenty of different changes, like the shards and sex champions were a welcome addition. Stuff like Legendary Contests and Path of Power were not so welcoming and to me are still aggravating with how much time investment they require at times.

Only complaint I have of this feature is just like the one I had with the introduction of the Shard System. Why did you have to install it on the last day of an ongoing event? Couldn't you just implemented it into the start of the next event that is right next door? Or on a time space where no events are coming in? "No?" I mean I get it, lots of events crammed into a single month is going to make a mess of things. Hence my opposition of TOO many events in a single month.

• Like 2

• Slynia locked this topic
  • Slynia unlocked this topic
  • Noacc unpinned and unfeatured this topic