New feature: THE SEASONS!!!

Mario Kinkoid

13 minutes ago, Xemnas said:

I've read everything and my eyes and brain are asking for mercy now XD. So it is totally like a Poa: i can get the rewards when i want and i can unlock the plus rewards (that i understood will be like the poa: a second path adding rewards to the first basically) when i want even the last day of the season, right ?

Brave!

Sry for any bad/unround english. 

Yes, it is like a monthlong PoA - just rivaling against "many other players".

Planning ahead is very difficult - one loss means you need approximately one win to get back to the level before the loss.

e.g 1 win = +16 mojo and 1 loss = -16 mojo (for sake of simplicity)

(1 L + 1 W +) 1 W = (-16  + 16 +) 16 = +16

(1 L + (1 L + 1 W +) 1 W +) + 1 W = (-16 + (-16 + 16 +)  16 +) 16  = +16 mojo

I guess you figure easily out, how easily you can compensate any loss series with winning streak from your current arena experience...

• Thanks 1

why question is why, why add this feature, the only thing i can see it is another cash in a kobans for the devs, it doesn't look like it enhances the game in any way ,and takes away from people who wish not to spend money on kobans, just like smashing 4 event into one and the PoA, it doesn't seem to do anything but make it another cash cow for the devs on people willing to sped whatever it takes to get girls

• Like 7

So I was thinking, they could mitigate the tightness of the schedule on this by letting you get kisses from other sources, just like you can get extra combat. I would suggest adding 1-3 kisses(depending on upgrade level) to replace a reward in PoP, a variety of rewards from the different PoPs would add some flavor. Add like 5free(10 paid path) to PoA for a step. Replace the item (equipment/gift/book) on the epic level missions with 2 kisses. Some fine tuning on the numbers can be done later after kinkoid gets some data on how well people do.

Also speaking of PoA, the "defeat players in pvp (arene & leagues)" should be lowered next month to accommodate  the arena fights dropping from 6 per hour to 1.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Taorin said:

So I was thinking, they could mitigate the tightness of the schedule on this by letting you get kisses from other sources, just like you can get extra combat.

I think they are unlikely to do it, points in leagues also cannot be obtained for free from another source.

Another question that worries me is why do seasons need a leaderboard? Will there also be prizes or what? In its current form, when this is a single table for all players and the selection of opponents is based only on mojo, only high-level players will win. The quality of information content in the form of its replacement has already been analyzed according to the old leaderboards. What is its use?

Edited by Forman
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, algguy said:

I hope this feature does not start in the midst of the current event...

As mentioned before, it's a monthly feature (they even specified "from the 1st of the month to the first of the next month"). The current event ends before the end of the current month...

23 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

As mentioned before, it's a monthly feature (they even specified "from the 1st of the month to the first of the next month"). The current event ends before the end of the current month...

That does still includes the opportunity to roll it out on patch day (usual: Wednesday) and eliminate arena before end of october.

as Sir Fuck-A-Lot  pointed out https://forum.hentaiheroes.com/index.php?/topic/15706-24-oct-20-the-haremvoice-poa-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=206899

(and it would not be the first time things got "screwed" in the middle of an event/contest)

• Sad 2

Some additional feedback to that which i have given in the survey (for those who are interested: Q.1: 1; Q.2: 4; Q.3: 3; Q.4: 4; Q.5: 2):-

•  My reservations re: the way players are matched with opponents (ostensibly on the basis of mojo alone) have grown progressively stronger the more I have played this new feature. What I - &, it would seem, other players - have found is that far from 'leveling out' as a Season progresses, in the absence of any form of level restrictions, players are faced with greater & greater mismatches as they gain the mojo necessary to complete tiers & eventually reach a point where, even with boosters, maxed-out stats & up-to-date Legendary equipment, for all but the highest level players, there are no longer any beatable opponents and progression therefore becomes impossible. Amending the basis upon which players are matched with opponents in a way which ensures that they only face opponents who are within a given number of levels of them (it doesn't necessarily have to be to 15 levels, as it was/is in the Arena, but there self-evidently needs to be a degree of limitation) would, I suspect, resolve this issue.
  • The issue of mismatches prior to the point where all but the highest level players find they can no longer progress in The Seasons is compounded by the fact that potential opponents no longer refresh every 30 minutes (as they did/do in the Arena). 
  • As other players have noted in this thread, completing all 45 tiers in the time allotted will require a near-perfect run of results or additional koban spending on "kisses". A larger margin of error to allow for losses &/or low mojo wins would be appreciated.
  • While I understand Kinkoid's desire move on from the old weekly rewards, the all-time Leaderboard and the associated player search function were, in my opinion, really good features which made the game slightly less anonymous. If we could either have the all-time Leaderboard & the associated player search function back or a replacement which allows us to search for other players, ascertain what stat upgrades they have purchased &/or what their Harem level is, see which players are the top players, estimate roughly how much XP we will need to gain in order to reach a certain level, etc. then that would be appreciated.

In spite of the above feedback I'm of the opinion that The Seasons could become a very popular addition to the game. The rewards will be, assuming they can be obtained, much more generous than the average rewards from the Arena & the Weekly Leaderboard combined & I really like the fact that the new feature will allow us to store both our combativity/kisses & our rewards but I'm concerned that, in its current form, the only players who will be able to clear tier 45 will be the same elite group of very high level players who dominate D3.

• Like 20

If this mechanic is going to be introduced from the beginning of the next month, then there was clearly not enough time for testing.

Even to fix bugs and a disgustingly inconvenient interface, there is very little time left, but it can still be done in time. The trouble is that the very concept of "seasons" is flawed, it does not fit the philosophy of the game.

The developers have said many times that this is a collecting game. "Peace, love and all that stuff." This is not an overpowering or brutal competition game. HH game for relaxation, positive emotions, funny jokes about sex and everything connected with it. That is why, for example, the community is not very fond of the "legendary contest" event - yes, it is easier to get a 5-star girl there than on ordinary legendary days, but the level of stress and anxiety is noticeably higher, which is annoying. Playing here I want to "love the whole world", and not be nervous about whether I can beat my opponents, wanting them to drown in a cesspool if this does not work out.

So the seasons in this form are many times more toxic than the legendary contest. There you can wait 4 days, as it is prepared and completed painlessly. Here the suffering will stretch for a whole month. And all because here you do not control anything at all and do not have any guarantees. Moreover, as I wrote earlier, the better you play, the more the game tries to get its head wet in the manure, each time taking away the mojo points that you honestly earned. Either forcing you to spend premium currency, but at the same time not giving guarantees that updating the pool will give something - you can drain a bunch of cobans that you either bought for expensive or for a long time and tediously saved up in other activities and get a negative result when more or less appears among invincible rivals after the tenth update equal, but you are unlucky and you lose heart. Emotions after that are unforgettable, you fucked up a lot of resources, but the game still fucked you up, took away your previous success, and most importantly, you did everything right - you bought improvements, ate boosters, an excellent team of 5 stars girls, but they tell you - "Mario, your princess in next castle and she's fucked by a crowd of dragons, and you better sit here and fuck yourself, loser. "

Something seems to have carried me again, too many emotions. In short, the seasons should be balanced so that any player, of any level, logging into the game a couple of times a day and spending mostly free accumulated kisses should be GUARANTEED to receive all monthly prizes. No troubles like tanking, no endless pool update, no progress rolling back (I would remove the mojo reduction altogether, the concept of a step forward and two back is too toxic). Everything should be easy, comfortable, fun and positive. It will then be a step forward for the project. And what they showed now is a shot in the leg. And I still hope that the developers will not rush and will try to fix the version that was shown on the test.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

You summarized my thoughts well. I like PoA a lot and I thought this would be something similar but stretched to a month, but the fact that you compete against others and don't have any control over it makes it a completely different beast. The basic idea is good but it needs so many tweaks I don't think it will be properly done next month.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

You summarized my thoughts well. I like PoA a lot and I thought this would be something similar but stretched to a month, but the fact that you compete against others and don't have any control over it makes it a completely different beast. The basic idea is good but it needs so many tweaks I don't think it will be properly done next month.

Yeah, that was something I realized later after I wrote my pov for @Xemnas question for summarize.

PoA depends mostly on my playing style and interferes with other players the moment I need league/arena wins. 

Seasons depends the entire month on others.

Edited by windia

3 hours ago, Lemus said:

In short, the seasons should be balanced so that any player, of any level, logging into the game a couple of times a day and spending mostly free accumulated kisses should be GUARANTEED to receive all monthly prizes.

I agree with most of what you said, but not with the concept of getting all rewards with just a casual approach to the game (two times a day, really?). It is good that a casual player could get half of the rewards, but if you want ALL of them you have to work a bit.

The concept of season having a lot of rewards, is that players that perform better will get more of them.

The seasons in live server will have a better opponent matchmaking because there are a big number of players, a better mojo stratification should occur so there shouldn't be so big level and power disparities (about the power disparities it should be convenient that devs correct the bug that overpowers some players. Now in arena and leagues it is a minor inconvenience, but if you get paired with three of such players in the seasons ...).

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Caradog said:

in the absence of any form of level restrictions, players are faced with greater & greater mismatches

level restriction is a false problem, the point of the season is to win mojo, not match. even if you had restriction lvl on previous mojo ranking, a lvl 100 player mojo gain was still affected by a lvl 450 player. why because lvl 450 had impact on mojo lvl of player 15 lvl under them and those player themselve have impact on player 15 lvl under them etc.. So yes lvl restriction was affecting victory % but it was reducing a lot the mojo gain

19 hours ago, Caradog said:

In spite of the above feedback I'm of the opinion that The Seasons could become a very popular addition to the game. The rewards will be, assuming they can be obtained, much more generous than the average rewards from the Arena & the Weekly Leaderboard combined & I really like the fact that the new feature will allow us to store both our combativity/kisses & our rewards but I'm concerned that, in its current form, the only players who will be able to clear tier 45 will be the same elite group of very high level players who dominate D3.

agree on that but not if it's with the actual mojo system which is basicly a ranking system (used in many individual sports like table tennis). It's basicly changing a weekly ranking competition by the xp general ranking

Edited by Sygfried94
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, jelom said:

but if you want ALL of them you have to work a bit.

This is the problem that the only way to somehow influence the result is to enter the game and spend kissing points in the arena. Let not twice a day, but three times a day is more than enough. Everything else, such as the number of girls in the harem, boosters, actual equipment, completely purchased stats on the market - all this does not matter, moreover, sometimes it will harm, because if you get the mojo too quickly, the player gets into the zone with insuperable rivals earlier, where he starts to fight about them like a fly on glass.

All my instincts say that with the current mechanics we will get another version of the league, when 99 percent of the result depends on the level in the game. As a level 100 player will never be able to win league d3, he will also not be able to rise above some value in a monthly battle pass, no matter how well and correctly he plays. But for the league, this is still somehow acceptable, for the battle pass it is critical, since its price is the same for any level, which means that any player level should be able to receive all the rewards.

Okay, as they say - wait and see. It seems to me that we will all become participants in this experiment next month and then it will already be possible to say in vain whether I panic or not. I have already bought popcorn and now from the height of my 440+ level I am ready to watch the suffering of small and medium levels. And if the mechanics are not corrected, I predict hell on the forum, especially in the early days. I can't wait - it will hurt, but fun.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sygfried94 said:

level restriction is a false problem, the point of the season is to win mojo, not match. even if you had restriction lvl on previous mojo ranking, a lvl 100 player mojo gain was still affected by a lvl 450 player. why because lvl 450 had impact on mojo lvl of player 15 lvl under them and those player themselve have impact on player 15 lvl under them etc.. So yes lvl restriction was affecting victory % but it was reducing a lot the mojo gain

agree on that but not if it's with the actual mojo system which is basicly a ranking system (used in many individual sports like table tennis). It's basicly changing a weekly ranking competition by the xp general ranking

The Seasons' mojo gains were, unlike the Arena's, ostensibly collared at 12 & capped at 21. At worst, the impact introducing level restrictions on the mojo gains of middling & lower ranking players would be to dramatically increase the number of opponents who only offer +12 mojo -- a situation which, though less than ideal, would be preferable to one where middling & lower ranking players quickly run out of beatable opponents. 

2 minutes ago, Caradog said:

The Seasons' mojo gains were, unlike the Arena's, ostensibly collared at 12 & capped at 21. At worst, the impact introducing level restrictions on the mojo gains of middling & lower ranking players would be to dramatically increase the number of opponents who only offer +12 mojo -- a situation which, though less than ideal, would be preferable to one where middling & lower ranking players quickly run out of beatable opponents. 

if they put a lvl restriction they won,t be able to stay with the +100 -100 mojo ranking that allow +12 +21 gain or some player will end with no opponent (+ i doub it was the case, i'm pretty sure on the end i was getting lower than 12 ).

lemus feeling is right. with or without lvl restriction it's exactly how it will end.

If they want to make a success on it they have to put the mojo gain non related to other player.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Caradog said:

I guess it was Antimon who tested around and came to +27 / - 5 mojo. While having sth like 600.

So I assume the classic function 32 mojo divides into + and - based on (all-time/monthly) mojo difference is still in place. 

And I'm still surprised that they go back to a single important measurement. After balancing the "all or nothing" out with introducing the shard system.

And that they simply say "as long as the player base is big enough, don't worry". 

If the toxic game play evolves as some feared/predicted ...

So we have now two direct player base rivalising: LC and Season. 

Which reminds me of the discussion to rework the league reward system as there is a more indirect mechanism where my success is your failure: D3 winners get a girl "randomly".

Edited by windia
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, windia said:

I guess it was Antimon who tested around and came to +27 / - 5 mojo. While having sth like 600.

Perhaps you meant me. At some point (about 270 mojo) I reached the result of +32 for a win / -1 for a loss. I think the difference in mojo has become more than 600. I suppose the allowed range of points gained / lost is from 1 to 32. And for a loss you can lose 32 - (points for a win), if it is zero then you lose 1 point. The conclusion is that if you do not have an opponent whom you can win, choose the one with the most reward in order to lose fewer points.

7 hours ago, Forman said:

Perhaps you meant me. At some point (about 270 mojo) I reached the result of +32 for a win / -1 for a loss. I think the difference in mojo has become more than 600. I suppose the allowed range of points gained / lost is from 1 to 32. And for a loss you can lose 32 - (points for a win), if it is zero then you lose 1 point. The conclusion is that if you do not have an opponent whom you can win, choose the one with the most reward in order to lose fewer points.

Sorry, yeah thanks for correcting my mistake. Was to lazy to search for it.

If I'm not completely mistaken, the mojo is/was as follows for my win:

-1000 to -500 mojo: I gain +1mojo

-500 to +-0 mojo: I gain a linear (?) proportion +1 up to +16 mojo on the equal Level

+-0 to +500 mojo: I gain a linear (?) proportion +16 up to +32 mojo

+500 to +1000 mojo: I gain +32 mojo

As 32 is the mojo to be "shared", in case of a loss I take 32 minus displayed winning amount, e.g. +27 is displayed, my loss results in -5 mojo.

With the limits that a +32 correspondences with a -1 and a +1 correspondences with a -32

Edited by windia

It's been years since I checked it for the arena, but it starts off something like this:

0(1) / 32 at ~700+ points difference
1 / 31 at ~500+
2 / 30 at ~350+

and the bracket sizes get progressively smaller, the closer you get to 16 / 16, hence 11 / 21 seems to correspond to at most 100 points. (16 / 16 alone probably to less than 10.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _shal_ said:

It's been years since I checked it for the arena, but it starts off something like this:

0(1) / 32 at ~700+ points difference
1 / 31 at ~500+
2 / 30 at ~350+

and the bracket sizes get progressively smaller, the closer you get to 16 / 16, hence 11 / 21 seems to correspond to at most 100 points. (16 / 16 alone probably to less than 10.)

600+ 32

1/31 400-600

2-30 300-400

This is again the same unfinished garbage.

The ability to upgrade girls is killed, since there is still 1 PvP per hour instead of 6.

Why is the defense of opponents from hardcore shown to me all the time, although I have a know-how class?

Why is my defense against know-how shown to me all the time, although the opponents have different classes?

Буфер обмена01.jpg

Буфер обмена02.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, YanDee said:

This is again the same unfinished garbage.

The ability to upgrade girls is killed, since there is still 1 PvP per hour instead of 6.

Why is the defense of opponents from hardcore shown to me all the time, although I have a know-how class?

Why is my defense against know-how shown to me all the time, although the opponents have different classes?

Буфер обмена01.jpg

Буфер обмена02.jpg

Your bug shows also one important thing:

only 1 defense stat for my own battle team does _not_ work and is misleading the moment I have other/different opponents.

I must admit I was very lousy on that, maybe at first times I got all same opponent class so it made sense.

Either the want to rework the battle formula for seasons - or the innovative "stumble directly into fight" does not work, because to few data are presented...

Survey is not really a survey. by making a separate survey from the discord channel and the forums, its natural to assume that KK knows that are players that didnt went to those places to give their feedback on the seasons feature, therefore the so called survey should have a section where players can write a more detailed feedback if they wish so. Just making a handful of questions were you can only mark answers on a scale from 1 to 5 is pretty much just to show off that the majority went with a 3 at least. anyone giving 1 and 2 will be dismissed as the usual haters, anyone giving 3 and above will be considered as if the feature is right to go live as it is, probally just do some minor tweaks. But in the end lets all be honest, our opinion and feedback doesnt really matter anyway.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1