Seasons feature is live

jelom

First things first, I didn't like where this was going the moment they said it was a "battle pass" type of feature. And the moment I saw, at the same time, 1 oponent lvl 400 and one lvl 20 being  worth almost the same mojo, I got pretty inclined to just not paying attention to the "new arena".

Not only that, but considering you got 15 mojo every fight, and every tier is 200 mojo (as seen in the leaderboard), you would take aprox. 14 (in reality 13,3) hours in each tier, winning every battle. Meaning you would achieve lvl 45 in 25 days, of consecutively winning 600 fights, most probably taking even more time since a defeat takes away your mojo. For those (like me) only interested on the girls, it is 19 days and 10 hours to get 100 shards (of a probably 3 stars purple girl), meaning 467 consecutive wins of 15 mojo each. So, pretty much impossible for any sensitive non lvl 450 person

Also, what will happen with the events that require pvp wins? because 60-80 wins on POAs was doable with 6 wins per hour in arena, but now...

Edited by GuiBelt
  • Like 12

Ok... I've been a fan of the game for almost three years and a lot has changed since then. Some things are good and others not so much, but they have never changed a good thing for something much worse.

What bothers the most... Kisses

To fight in the arena you didn't need anything. You entered, you fought, you won/lost and to wait 30 minutes to repeat the process. Now you can only fight 10 times every 10 hours.

How would anyone think that was a good idea? For that they would have made that fighting in the Arena requires Combativity, that would be a better way to spoil the Arena.

The worst thing is that it greatly affects the task of beating 30/60/100 people in pvp, that makes it extremely difficult to get the reward and slows down the other tasks. If you implement something, try not to damage the mechanics of other things

The season pass thing is not so bad, with the only major flaw that it cannot be bought with kobans.

What about FTP players?

Are they not entitled to enjoy the fruit of their efforts in farming kobans?

Honestly the worst idea they have ever implemented. It would be nice if they had added it in the Arena section just like Competitions and Places of Power in Activities.

• Like 7

The issue of making the season pass payable with kobans isn't the real issue here for me. The core mechanics of Seasons is flawed for anyone below an exceptionally high level. 

I'd also like to add that I don't see this new game mode as pay to win, quite the opposite. I cannot pay to win Seasons any faster. No amount of refreshes will give me the ability to defeat the three Level 400+ opponents the game will match me with every time. 

• Like 8

2 ore fa, Bertolski ha scritto:

Ottieni 3 avversari casuali che non vengono aggiornati finché non ne combatti uno a meno che non paghi 12 koban. Sono al livello 238 e la maggior parte delle volte ho continuato a ottenere 3 avversari che vanno dai livelli 300-400 +. Hai bisogno di 1200 mojo per ottenere la prima ricompensa mentre inizi con 1000 mojo. Ma con questi folli avversari raddoppiati di livello che prosciugano il tuo mojo sono riuscito a salire di 34 mojo solo dopo aver usato tutti e 10 i combattimenti. I principali giocatori di alto livello avranno un gioco da ragazzi, come si può vedere nella sua classifica lì, mentre i giocatori di livello inferiore avranno difficoltà estreme anche a raggiungere alcuni premi. Quindi, in breve, questo non è altro che un gioco di fortuna poiché dipende fortemente dagli avversari che stai ottenendo, anche rinfrescando può comunque presentarsi con 3 troppo difficili da affrontare per il tuo livello. Quindi congratulazioni per aver creato qualcosa che premia i giocatori di livello superiore a 400+ mentre prosciuga il koban dei giocatori di livello inferiore per gli aggiornamenti che devono fare solo per ottenere una manciata di premi. Se l'intenzione è quella di frustrare i giocatori in modo che smettano, allora ci sei riuscito. Ben fatto, bravo.

Yes, you're absolutely right, new things are good, but they have to improve the game not make it worse. It was much better before. I also spent money to buy the season pass, but in the end I regretted it, because I understood the progress mechanic which is literally ridiculous and unbalanced. After a few refreshes and reaching band 3 the game gets tough, you find yourself stronger opponents than you and you lose the mojo you have won. For me it is the worst news so far. I hope they remedy this colossal nonsense

• Like 7

Season pass cost real money now? 

So, either devs had lost last of their marbles or they're finally showing their true nature. Which is, free players can leave the game and they don't matter. Not that this is surprising, the game had went into pay2win territory for months now. 

But luckily for devs, they can still were easily retrify the biggest issue with this pay2win seasons. Just replace payable xp rewards with something else and everything is just fine. As the extra xp is only thing that makes these season pay2win. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, DisgustingMarsupial said:

I'd also like to add that I don't see this new game mode as pay to win, quite the opposite. I cannot pay to win Seasons any faster. No amount of refreshes will give me the ability to defeat the three Level 400+ opponents the game will match me with every time. 

Well... yes. Technically you're right. But it's hard to find an appropriate term for this §$#&%. It's neither pay to play nor pay to win.

Regardless of the correct terminology, I'm trying my best to find a more positive approach to all of this. There *is* the possibility that the paywall-girls will show up in the Mythic Pachinko sooner or later so anyone can get them without paying extra money. And to be fair: the game has been extremely generous with Mythic Orbs (and even Epic Orbs) since they were implemented. Even more so since Places of Power exists. So I don't really get the fuss over the one free daily orb that we lost along with the Arena.

If I could get the girls with Orbs, everything would be fine for me. I don't care much about PvP anyway. Admittedly, the game mechanics of 'Seasons' and all the balancing stuff would still be horrid. And frustrating. But my best guess is, the devs will change some of the ugliest characteristics of this abomination quite soon. So let's not get too agitated about any of this.

• Like 2

Two feedbacks, I don't think anyone else gave:

1. I am not seeing a way to see if I have Kisses except clicking into the Season.  This is different than everywhere else which I think uses a ! for availability.  Kindly it's 10 hours til you have to check, but if I clear my Kisses then check back 59 minutes later that's an extra click for me (or clock watching chore:P).

2. I can adjust but wish the girl selection (width) was the same as the arena and league.  Now I have to re-memorize where my girls are.  They also don't have star data in Seasons, so it's harder to visually identify your 5s.  That's a bit of a consistency ask across the board (I acknowledge the width is the same as Harem) but I still think worth.  FWIW, I think a filter system would be a stellar solution (also across the board).  You're almost there in Places of Power=)

I almost wrote feedback forum comment but I figured typically people have thread here, and did not disappoint ;)

Overall, I agree with some of the above (non-redundant likes applied), tho I am higher level and neutral to the change (so far).

PS: I did like the old leaderboard even without rewards as I like to see how I'm doing in the game against my peers without direct PVP.  I understand it's another thing to maintain tho.

Edited by jpanda
PS
  • Like 4

The new seasons have a great failure, do not let to change opponents, so they force you  to fight to an opponent knowing what are you going to lose beforehand and going to lose mojo, because it isn't possible to spend 12 kobans every time to need to choose an opponent and fight to win.

In the previous arena the opponents changed every 30 minutes and gave the possibility to choose the opponent. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Moonlynx said:

Well... yes. Technically you're right. But it's hard to find an appropriate term for this §$#&%. It's neither pay to play nor pay to win.

Regardless of the correct terminology, I'm trying my best to find a more positive approach to all of this. There *is* the possibility that the paywall-girls will show up in the Mythic Pachinko sooner or later so anyone can get them without paying extra money. And to be fair: the game has been extremely generous with Mythic Orbs (and even Epic Orbs) since they were implemented. Even more so since Places of Power exists. So I don't really get the fuss over the one free daily orb that we lost along with the Arena.

If I could get the girls with Orbs, everything would be fine for me. I don't care much about PvP anyway. Admittedly, the game mechanics of 'Seasons' and all the balancing stuff would still be horrid. And frustrating. But my best guess is, the devs will change some of the ugliest characteristics of this abomination quite soon. So let's not get too agitated about any of this.

The appropriate term would be a money pit. People who aren't thinking or don't know will buy the Season Pass thinking Seasons is a well thought out and balanced game mode where they can have a good possibility of reaching the end before the month is over. In reality, they'll be eternally stuck a low-mid tiers if their level isn't high enough. Then the process will repeat each month as your Mojo gets reset. If this had just been Arena with a Season Pass, I don't think people would be as frustrated. 

To me it's not about the girls or the XP or the orbs, it's about the method in which this was thought of and implemented. The repeat warnings from people saying "Hey, there are some serious flaws in this system" are ignored in favored of throwing it out there and collecting $5 from people unfortunate enough to get the pass. That matters more to me and a lot of other people because it's a sign of the future for the game. I'm hoping this gets rectified because I've seen Kinkoid still be able to do things that benefit low-mid tier players such as PoP. When that happens, only time will tell.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Sorry guys, its all my fault. I started playing arena more actively in last couple of months because it gives good rewards for little effort and its free, so you can just run in, do 3 fights no matter how strong or weak opponents are, then get your rewards and bail. 

Now we have to deal with new system, where after almost whole day of waiting I get reward of 10 energy that I can at least claim later. Also maybe I'm misremembering it, or going crazy, but wasn't chance of getting epic or mythic orbs was pretty high every day? So you could farm 1 orb every day, just don't remember which orb was it, and now we have total of 11 orbs per month if you do all fights perfectly and reach max rank? If they were mythic then its fine because of PoP, but if they were red I'm not sure how are you supposed to farm them now

I hate when new systems gets introduced with a premise "someone asked for it" when clearly nobody did. They could just add another tab in arena window to do these fights, then POA would be easier, and people would still buy it since its resources + 1 girl. Instead our good and easy to earn rewards are taken away, and we get probably a week's worth of rewards stretched out on a whole month. Crappy situation imo

Edited by Joker555
  • Like 5

So it appears that the Seasons opponents do not auto-refresh after a period of time, but can only be refreshed by competing or paying (Kobans). I wouldn't mind this much, except that the opponents that pop onto the list are way out of my league, and now that losing costs me Mojo I would rather not risk a loss.

It's nice that there are so many rewards to play for, but I don't see myself getting very far on those milestones without dumping a lot of Kobans. PvP becomes quite unplayable. 😛

• Like 1

Need filters, sorting, favorites on the team change screen?

1old.thumb.jpg.bc2f5eb6ef85b0e293ed4c08537ec476.jpg

Well, the redesign got to him. This is what it looks like.

2new.thumb.jpg.9778e02ff68e4641af863ba56bb00fc7.jpg

None of the above is there, but to make it easier for you to find the girl you want, now you can see 4x5 girls on the screen at a time, this is (more) less than 6x4. And now there are no annoying stars blocking the icons. So far, this screen is exclusive to the seasons, but it may soon replace the old terrible screen in villains and in the leagues. Hooray.

But seriously, who is interested, go to the test topic and read. Find out how much has changed since then, and draw conclusions for yourself.

• Like 1

Why they change the arena and not the leagues (which should be fixed in my opinion) is beyond me. 

The paywall is irrelevant because of if you don`t have a level above 400 the seasons are not for you anyway. 

The gaps will only get larger with features like this (when the developers should aim to let new people be able to close the gap to the higher level players).

Lets experience how far one can get as a level 317 player...

Only pro: it does not take a lot of time to do the battles. Arena used to be the hardest daily task for me to win 16 fights and let it reset. 

PS: Please get the old leaderboards back!

• Like 6

My initial thoughts (I am going to buck the "oh noooos" trend):

Lets get the bad ones out of the way.

• :( :( :( :( :( Putting XP behind a cash paywall is very, very bad. I am L434 and need about 150 K XP for a level. Seasons give out about 40K behind the paywall. I fall behind 1/4 of a level per month unless I pay cash. Level is everything in this game. All F2P players just got nerfed. Very bad for me because I am right on the edge of D3 1-4s. If I fall 3 levels back they will become rare. 6 levels back and I can kiss them goodbye.
  • :( :( Girls behind a cash wall.

Now for the positives.

• :) Arena was boring so any change is welcome.
  • :) :) Ability to keep earned rewards unclaimed will add strategy elsewhere in the game. I.e. Save energy rewards for POA or contests.
  • :) :) :) Reduces busy work. A 10 x 1 hr counter bar is excellent. Open Seasons 3/day and you are done! No wasted refreshes because of silly stuff like the need to sleep. (See forum post The Great Mojo Experiment by @ZackMacKenzie.)
  • :) :) A girl in 2 50 shard chunks (and hopefully 2 x 50 on a second) as a reward. Only 1 girl on the free path.
  • :) :) Only one (mostly harmless) reset a month. Thank you from the Americas.
  • :) The whole thing looks doable in a month. I cleared the 1st level with just over 10 kisses. YMMV. For some reason I had very high mojo under the old system. Just years played I think.
  • :) Replacing the 1 MyPx1 orb per day with other stuff is a plus for me. I do not need any more avatars. I can always use kobans and combativity.

My worry is how mojo only plus a "soft reset" will work. Will I eventually end up with so many unbeatable opponents completion becomes impossible?

Overall, for me, I think it is a medium/big improvement. If they took the XP out of the paid path I would be even more positive.

Edited by snowman22
Mistook the avatar in step 10 for a girl. Pointed out by GeorgeMTO.
  • Like 4
  • Thinking 10

dear kinkoid team and developer,

do you think about what you are doing there ? to turn a free to play game into a pay to win because the new season pass does that

-all contests are then pay to win through season pass

-all legendary contest pay to win through season pass

- path of Attraction is now even more difficult than it was before

- there are people who also have to work or go to sleep (all 45 min +1 = 7:30 hours )

-farming exp and aff is now superfluous because everyone wants the mojo now 

I'm a little disappointed to see that this feature requires money to be able to progress to its fullest,  it was obviously coming at us right in the face , with the new system that obliges players to spend money to be able to survive all those events  , events that requires money 

in return, the weekly reward in tower of farm was over 9000 better and they came to do 3 fights every 30 min to farm girls aff /ex 

that was my first impression of the season pass of course it will be even more when people pay for it and the difference between players who pay and not pay is growing

Request mine and the other players and change that

• Like 5

6 hours ago, penpen86 said:

The Kiss feature it's quite expensive. 10 hours to fill out the bar would make the 45 tiers in the season almost impossible without filling it.

Read GuiBelts post below @penpen86 His math is correct and in my eyes it's quite easily doable without refills, as long as difficulty and mojo requirements stay the same

4 hours ago, GuiBelt said:

First things first, I didn't like where this was going the moment they said it was a "battle pass" type of feature. And the moment I saw, at the same time, 1 oponent lvl 400 and one lvl 20 being  worth almost the same mojo, I got pretty inclined to just not paying attention to the "new arena".

Not only that, but considering you got 15 mojo every fight, and every tier is 200 mojo (as seen in the leaderboard), you would take aprox. 14 (in reality 13,3) hours in each tier, winning every battle. Meaning you would achieve lvl 45 in 25 days, of consecutively winning 600 fights, most probably taking even more time since a defeat takes away your mojo. For those (like me) only interested on the girls, it is 19 days and 10 hours to get 100 shards (of a probably 3 stars purple girl), meaning 467 consecutive wins of 15 mojo each. So, pretty much impossible for any sensitive non lvl 450 person

Also, what will happen with the events that require pvp wins? because 60-80 wins on POAs was doable with 6 wins per hour in arena, but now...

Had also done these calculations and was just about to post them. Unlike you I feel they are quite favorable odds, at least for decently high leveled players. My 420ish Nutaku account have an average of 16 mojo per win atm.
I can see it being hard for lower leveled accounts, this 260 ac only have an average of 8 mojo atm, but I can see the balance improving as the higher leveled players leave the lower ranks to get up higher. We can't determine how bad it is until more time into the month have passed.
I can see the problem with PoA, that's a fair point. Hopefully they fix the PoA requirements to reflect how PvP is slower now. Still, you should always be near full on resources before events, so you should get 25 PvP wins almost immediately whenever you get that mission in PoAs.

My opinion:
Leaderboards removed: Don't  care. All time leaderboards were fun to watch but the Weekly ones were just bullshit
Arena removed: Don't care. I can see the problem of losing xp as a low level account, but the xp gain was low already on lvl 250ish. All the other rewards were really bad, with the low drop rate single mythic orbs gives.
So to me, they have removed a badly designed FREE rewards pretty much non-PvP system for a more PvP-oriented system. You can still use boosters, but it has much more planning and strategising then Leagues.
It's easy to manage the Kisses when it takes 10 hours to refill fully, so 19 days of perfect play to get the girl gives quite a lot of wiggle room, at least if the tiers balance out as the month goes on.

Yes of course I'm also mad about the "only real money"-payment. Maybe charge around 600-800 (3600-4800) koban instead? You get minimum 750 in a month after all, so F2P could choose between this and other events.
And the balance with levels today, I feel  they coudl fix by maybe making the first 5-10 tiers be based purely on level, and after that start basing it more on mojo. Like tier 15-20 or so and up are purely on mojo, so there´s some sort of PvP in it.
The system could work and be good, just need some tweeking. We can't say that much with only beta-testing and not even half a day of live play yet.
Some patience is needed.

• Like 3
  • Thinking 3