Chat room

Slynia

4 hours ago, OmerB said:

BTW, I kind of miss lepidocter, with his funny posts.

Do you know what happened to him? Was he banned (I know that he had some problematic posts) or did he just stop visiting us?

I miss him too. No, he's not banned or under any restriction on the forum. We did have our issues with his behavior at times, most of which were resolved. In his case the recurring problem was a lack of maturity and empathy or perspective on social issues and other serious real-life topics, coupled with a tendency to post before he thinks in threads discussing such topics. The vast majority of his contributions were otherwise great, and he had a unique style and great sense of humor. @lepidocter the next time you're passing by, I hope you and yours are well, and yeah I miss you here, dude. ❤️ 

No, he just stopped posting more or less overnight back in February. His latest post to date was technically a reply to you in a QA thread. But given the timing my guess would be that the last straw for him was the introduction of the DP format right around the same time. He's been visiting the forum and adding a reaction smiley here and there very sporadically since then, last time earlier this month. So I don't think he completely quit just yet.

15 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I miss him too. No, he's not banned or under any restriction on the forum. We did have our issues with his behavior at times, most of which were resolved. In his case the recurring problem was a lack of maturity and empathy or perspective on social issues and other serious real-life topics, coupled with a tendency to post before he thinks in threads discussing such topics. The vast majority of his contributions were otherwise great, and he had a unique style and great sense of humor. @lepidocter the next time you're passing by, I hope you and yours are well, and yeah I miss you here, dude. ❤️ 

No, he just stopped posting more or less overnight back in February. His latest post to date was technically a reply to you in a QA thread. But given the timing my guess would be that the last straw for him was the introduction of the DP format right around the same time. He's been visiting the forum and adding a reaction smiley here and there very sporadically since then, last time earlier this month. So I don't think he completely quit just yet.

Lep has gone fairly casual  (yes even more than before :P ) .. he hops on the club chat like once or twice a month nowadays

maybe he´s just enjoying the bella vita in italy with his gf

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, holymolly said:

maybe he´s just enjoying the bella vita in italy with his gf

La Dolce Vita ... My family made holidays in Italy ~a month ago. But because of the heat wave, they needed to abort it. It was so hot that nothing else was possible than staying at home, my mother started to get health issues and my young nephews/nieces surely couldn't enjoy it either. This gives Siesta quite a reason. But temperatures have turned much more moderate a week later, and of course usually/the vast parts of the summers in Italy are just amazing 😎.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2023 at 8:48 PM, OmerB said:

@Moderators, my posts on the CxH forum aren't published for few days...

Yeah. I took a week off, and although @holymolly seems to have been a bit more active while I was away (thanks for that, by the way, especially since I didn't announce it as this wasn't planned), @Ravi-Sama is still basically the only forum mod to play CxH, and more importantly, to care enough about it to do extra moderation work for free on the tiny CxH sub-forum at this time. Although as far as I'm aware, even Ravi isn't officially a mod for the CxH forum either. There is none.

You and Karxan are just about the only two regular posters in that forum besides Ravi himself, so the two of you having the permanent mod-approval restriction we've already discussed at length is an advantage for that. I basically never visit that forum except when I get a notification that one of you posted there, and I'm pretty sure it's the same for Holy. And as far as I can tell, no other forum mod seems to go through the Approval Queue, ever, so this extra delay in my absence wasn't surprising at all. In the other forum mods' defense, virtually all forum regulars kept around by my sneaky use of the mod-approval restriction are primarily HH EN regulars, which is our turf, so it's not a feature folks who moderate GH EN or HH FR are either used to or expected to pay much attention to.

So it is what it is, bro. I'm back now, so your posts should get published a bit more often. Cheers.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2023 at 2:15 PM, Miccia said:

For the moderator only: 5 hours and you still haven't published the post. It's been more than a year since you punished me by blocking messages in the forum, how much longer does this story have to last?

Okay, I've reviewed your moderation history, and you had three strikes over a year and a half. The first two for the exact same rule-breaking habit I had already warned you about (and mods in general warned everybody about countless times): not bumping the Gift Code thread for anything but a new code to share. The third one was for trolling and starting to spread "it's rigged" bad run bullshit in an event thread, which we do not tolerate as was also made very clear many times. So you don't pay attention to mod warnings, rules or your fellow forum goers posting habits, and you're bound to make rule-breaking posts over and over again if left unchecked.

At least when you post in English. I'm not paying as much attention when I manually approve your posts in Italian in the Italian Enclave, and we no longer have an official forum mod in charge of that either. I do have a look and even use an online translator when in doubt, to be clear, which is extra work free of charge I'm doing just for your benefit. I think Holy might still be somewhat keeping an eye on the now semi-abandoned Italian section, as he speaks Italian well enough to do it, but he doesn't really have to either.

Basically, not unlike the other lucky few I've discussed this at length with recently (you can read all about it on this page and the previous one of this here thread if you're curious enough), the only reason you're still around instead of permanently banned from the forum over a year ago as would have been the expected result of your repeated offenses is because I've decided to keep you around while still preventing you from breaking forum rules. This is no punishment at all, it's a favor.

And seriously, you're whining about a 5-hour delay? That's better than what you should expect on average. Even when both Ravi and I are active daily we don't go through the Approval Queue more than once or twice a day at most. Just see Omer's post above: he had posts waiting for approval for days. 5 hours is nothing.

Since I get the feeling you're not very interested in reading a lot of stuff about moderation or forum etiquette (it's how you ended up with your temp bans and this restriction in the first place), here's a direct quote from my previous long explanation to others who share the same privilege as you on this forum. I even edited the parts that don't apply to your case:  

On 8/23/2023 at 4:16 AM, DvDivXXX said:

The way we moderate the forum and apply penalties or restrictions, you were given this restriction as a last resort, as the only other option at our disposal at the time would have been to ban you permanently. I know very few people I've given this restriction to realize that I've done it to keep them around (while still making sure they can't post offensive stuff) even though it's also an inconvenience for me (and my fellow mods), and not to punish or belittle them.

I've been using it as a compromise, borderline a loophole for forum users who I feel have a lot of good things to contribute but unfortunately also are at risk of polluting the forum with unacceptable stuff if left unchecked. I'm proud of that too, as it's entirely an initiative of my own and it proved to serve a useful purpose for a couple years by now. There are a few past forum users that we had to ban permanently back in the day (long before I came up with this idea), that could have been "saved" by it instead.

[IF] I remove the mod-approval restriction on your posts, should you [make any further] ban-worthy [post] later down the line, you'll be banned from the forum permanently. Do you understand and agree to that? If yes, then I'll remove the restriction today. If not, we can leave the restriction in place and you can stay with us for as long as you want, with the safety net it provides and the inconvenience of mildly delayed posts that this safety costs you (and us forum mods, because again that's extra work).

Do you agree or not?

There. Hopefully this should address any concern and clarify any misunderstanding. Let me know if you still feel like you're being "punished" or that 5 hours is a long enough delay to complain about after reading this. Cheers.

• Thinking 1

3 hours ago, Miccia said:

Basically use terror to run this forum.

Rrright. Look at that evil mod wasting hours of his own free time explaining the rules, trying to help users understand his decisions, and offering alternatives to avoid having to ban people who can't be assed to make a little effort.

Honestly, if your take away from what I've done for you on this forum in general and my long post above in particular is that I'm ruling this forum with an iron fist, it means you either can't or refuse to put yourself in my shoes and actually listen to what I'm telling you. So I'm basically wasting my time answering you, since it goes in one ear and out the other, and nothing I say changes your harsh prejudice against me one bit.

This may be why only 10 people frequently participate.

There are a lot more than that, and the main reason the forum isn't more active is because more and more regulars quit the game and therefore the community. As for your clubmates who "refuse to participate" because of the way they've been "treated"... yeah, I've seen such entitled attitude too many times already (although to be clear, that's a very small number of forum goers over the past 4 years; most people here are respectful and don't expect mods to be their servants). I don't think we're missing out on much.

Anyway, we're done here. I'm sorry this was a waste of time for both of us, but it clearly was. I certainly don't owe you such a lengthy explanation, and considering your shitty and hostile response to it, I probably made a mistake by assuming you were worth the effort of keeping you around with the safety net of a mod-approval restriction on your posts to begin with. Cheers.

• Thinking 2

But you didn't remove the "safety net".

You haven't answered the question yet.

On 9/23/2023 at 1:18 AM, DvDivXXX said:

[IF] I remove the mod-approval restriction on your posts, should you [make any further] ban-worthy [post] later down the line, you'll be banned from the forum permanently. Do you understand and agree to that? If yes, then I'll remove the restriction today. If not, we can leave the restriction in place and you can stay with us for as long as you want, with the safety net it provides and the inconvenience of mildly delayed posts that this safety costs you (and us forum mods, because again that's extra work).

Do you agree to the above, yes or no?

Or are you thinking of banning me for telling you what I think? How are you going to justify it? For "spamming"?

Cut that misplaced rebellious shit out, it's getting real old real fast. You're not a victim of some imaginary persecution here. You were never "punished" or "mistreated", let alone "terrorized" by me or any other mod. Plus, I don't have to "justify" anything to you or anyone else who shit talk me or anyone else on the forum. I don't ban people because I feel like it, contrary to what you insinuate.

Beyond that, you're obviously completely ignorant of how this forum and its moderation work. The basic "reason" or title of a formal warning you receive doesn't mean much. "Spamming" is the option selected by default, and we have very few other options from that drop-down menu. What matters is the message itself, which you probably don't even read.

Are you even aware that moderators such as myself are just player volunteers compensated in kobans for our efforts, and not actual Kinkoid employees? I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't know or care, even though that's also stuff I and other mods have shared and clarified many times over the years. It wouldn't fit your unfair persecution narrative, so you just ignore it like you ignore literally everything I tell you.

If you do keep that tone and push this anti-mod agenda further, you might become enough of a nuisance to the forum to get perma-banned eventually. But even then, it won't be because you talked back to the "terror" that exists strictly in your head and has nothing to do with who I am as a person or how I moderate this forum. It would simply be a perfectly normal and reasonable act of moderation. I don't expect you to ever understand that, though, you seem too far gone into your paranoid narrative between you and the imaginary character you've decided to interact with instead of me.

Anyways. I've made you the offer to remove the mod-approval protection on your posts. You have to accept it if you want that restriction removed.

You insist on the fact that I would be angry with all the mods but with the other mods I haven't had any problems, I'm referring to you and your way of managing the forum, which I personally consider fickle and elitist.

In this entire conversation I have never offended you directly, I just said what I think about your way of working, while you claim things that are not true (I have never been reported for having offended anyone and I have never spoken about a rigged game) and you allow yourself to judge the thoughts of others "shitty" and "rebellious" as well as calling me paranoid.

Sometimes examining one's conscience can be useful for everyone.

For the rest my answer to the question is: yes, I ask that you remove the mod approval restriction.

7 hours ago, Miccia said:

Sometimes examining one's conscience can be useful for everyone.

Practice what you preach, maybe? Your entire post above is confrontational and too full of strawman arguments and just plain lies to even bother debunking, just like your side of "this entire conversation".

You're either trolling, very dumb and/or desperately trying to flame me specifically, that's for sure. And I haven't claimed otherwise. Whatever your motivations might be, you're being a pain in the ass and attacking me personally. I'm done wasting my time inadvertently feeding into your delusions.

7 hours ago, Miccia said:

yes, I ask that you remove the mod approval restriction.

Despite your deliberately ambiguous phrasing, I'll take this as an agreement that this means the next time you troll, attack someone personally or otherwise disrupt the forum, you'll get banned permanently from the forum. Please note that your post above would count for that. I'll give you a freebie as you were still under the safety net when you wrote that, but as I already told you: stop it right there with the lies, attacks and accusations. It's not your place to judge how I moderate either.

I'll remove the mod-approval restriction on your account alright. This better be the end of your whining about me, however.

• Thinking 1

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I only noticed his absence today, since I was myself too busy IRL for the forum this week. Checking up on him might actually finally be a good enough reason for me to open Discord again (haven't done so in weeks).

Bolitho stepped in and made a lot of cool work in the meantime, though. Can't thank him enough.

PS: So, no one noticed my absence, this time? ^^

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Yeah, I only noticed his absence today, since I was myself too busy IRL for the forum this week. Checking up on him might actually finally be a good enough reason for me to open Discord again (haven't done so in weeks).

Bolitho stepped in and made a lot of cool work in the meantime, though. Can't thank him enough.

You're not opening threads with cool images😜

As I wrote, maybe @bolitho76should become a part of the moderators team 😀

• Like 3
  • Juicy peach 1

8 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I did as you normally like my update posts in under 24 hours and had not seen them until just now. but you have also been known to take a break here and there so I think it would need to be a very long outage before I would think something may be up.

• Like 1
  • Hearts 1

1 hour ago, OmerB said:

As I wrote, maybe @bolitho76should become a part of the moderators team

He was already offered the role years ago back when Noacc was still in charge (a decision I suggested and supported at the time) and he politely declined. He's very invested in the forum community and a valuable asset regardless, but he's not interested in moderating. At least he wasn't back then, things can change.

Thank you both for your replies. You're both right, of course: I'm less visible than Ravi when things are going smoothly. And I do take a break every now and then, typically not for longer than a week as I just did, so it's no cause for concern by default if I go silent for a few days. I'm touched you noticed, though. <3

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, holymolly said:

@OmerB @Karxan Idk if you guys saw but I put both of you on pardon ;) don´t let @Luna - Kinkoid hit me because of this..   so pls continue to be nice :)

(I just have to pick a time because..well 3rd class coding or I´m just too stupid.. so it should go into effect on the 8th)

What? I didn't understand what you mean by that..
Edit: Oh, I see what you've done here... ;)

BTW, leaderboard of the season on MRPG (It's a half a year season) :)

image.thumb.png.e202bd9d6dbd63a55dcb563b5b4cca6d.png

Edited by OmerB
  • Juicy peach 1

Hey folks, well I guess it's been kind of a long weekend, huh? ^^

image.png

After New Year's Eve, I had both health and personal issues to handle IRL. I initially thought I could return to the forum within a week or so as usual, but it didn't turn out that way. And after awhile, the fear of that number of notifications can become its own problem.

Anyhow, I'm back now, so it will take a while to go through that backlog. I see @holymolly's been proactive and helpful during this time, thanks for this as always, man.  I take it no massive changes occurred like Ravi's return or Bolitho having a change of heart about becoming a mod?

In that context, and especially considering I was away for a week and a half this time, I understand and support your judgment call to remove the mod-approval restriction for @OmerB and @Karxan. My safety net only really works when I'm around daily (which to be fair is most of the year, but still, I'm only human).

Happy Year 2024 to all of you in this sweet community. <3

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

I take it no massive changes occurred like Ravi's return or Bolitho having a change of heart about becoming a mod?

After Ravi is lost since a longer time and it seems there is no other one who would do the job...

Ok. I'm willing to be a Mod here if needed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Surprised :O 1
  • Hearts 1
  • GG 1

1 hour ago, bolitho76 said:

Ok. I'm willing to be a Mod here if needed.

Sounds great to me! You're already on the same path that Finder took back in the day, anyhow: posting and giving life to all the event threads, sharing news from Discord and more. This deserves compensation and they don't have a separate way of doing it besides making the user a forum mod (which would also make the process easier for you, as you'd be able to pin and unpin your own threads, edit or move posts, and more: even prepare a thread in advance and hide it until the day of the event).

I've just spent like 3 hours catching up on the forum alone, and I've saved the 4-5 biggest threads for last (or, let's be honest, for tomorrow, rather ^^). So I'm not visiting Discord on top of that today (probably not tomorrow either, as I'll be pretty busy IRL).

But I'll definitely suggest and support the idea to @Luna - Kinkoid soon, unless (an)other mod(s) beat me to it (and even then, more support might be useful).

• Like 4

On 1/10/2024 at 10:52 PM, DvDivXXX said:

Hey folks, well I guess it's been kind of a long weekend, huh? ^^

image.png

After New Year's Eve, I had both health and personal issues to handle IRL. I initially thought I could return to the forum within a week or so as usual, but it didn't turn out that way. And after awhile, the fear of that number of notifications can become its own problem.

Anyhow, I'm back now, so it will take a while to go through that backlog. I see @holymolly's been proactive and helpful during this time, thanks for this as always, man.  I take it no massive changes occurred like Ravi's return or Bolitho having a change of heart about becoming a mod?

In that context, and especially considering I was away for a week and a half this time, I understand and support your judgment call to remove the mod-approval restriction for @OmerB and @Karxan. My safety net only really works when I'm around daily (which to be fair is most of the year, but still, I'm only human).

Happy Year 2024 to all of you in this sweet community. ❤️

DvDivXXX is following me... scary 😅

• uwu 1