NEW FEATURE: Path of Valor [PoV] is now LIVE!

holymolly

6 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

"rewarding you for stuff you would do anyway" to the current one which requires tons of efforts and resources to even have a shot

I suppose you are meaning to complete the path up to 6500 potions, because the 2500 potions mark is not so difficult.

• Like 1
  • Hug 1

4 hours ago, jelom said:

I suppose you are meaning to complete the path up to 6500 potions, because the 2500 potions mark is not so difficult.

Well, I know you've read my previous posts on the subject, so I'd rather not go in circles on that. JVR, you and others have your opinion on the value beyond the bare minimum to complete the main part of the event, I have mine (along with many other players on both "sides" and likely plenty in between). To each their own, agree to disagree and move on, and all that, you know?

However, while yes, reaching the bare minimum and unlocking the girl(s) is still doable, it's a real pain in the ass compared to previous PoVs. I'm a bit above 1K as of this writing, and I've been burning tickets left and right just for that for over two days.

It's also well worth noting that:

• It's not difficult (or "challenging" as someone we know would probably put it), it's just a boring and unfun grind.

• €30 a month VIP Players have a MASSIVE advantage over everyone else (the koban-free x10 on champions).

So yeah, YMMV, but no just repeating "it's not so difficult" doesn't counter my point. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Hearts 2

this is the worst POV so far, i agree. I might not go the full distance here, not because I cant, but it's just so much unfun. An eternal rivalary might change my mind though. Since I am still in the comfortable position to pay for the 2nd path, I will, even though I'll only manage to get to 2300 (i think that's still pretty good value).

I only can hope that rosoo keep his promise to fix at least the pachinko PoV. Otherwise this gonna suck big time.

On another note: That this event is unbalanced shouldnt surprise anyone who plays this game (serious) more than half a year. Unfortunately the "unbalance" switches now against the players since the last few implementations (before it was often unbalanced for KK, IMO).

Edited by blaa
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

At least he knows the Pachinko one needs some serious rework, and it's been pushed to the end of the PoV rotation to give them time to think and hopefully work on fixing it.

We're not out of the woods yet, though. So far:

------------------
PoV1: Get shards X (FAIR)
PoV2: Level up (slash upgrade) your Harem X (EASY)
PoV3: PvE wins +Champions +Pantheon --- (TERRIBLE)
PoV4: PvP wins (season & league) (HOPE FOR THE BEST???)
PoV5: Contests (HOPE FOR THE BEST???)
PoV6: Pachinko (hopefully improved since the impossible version we saw on TS)
------------------
It would be really hard to make the PvP Objectives imbalanced considering that we've had daily (and legendary) contests based on exactly that for a million years, but you never know.

The Contests Objectives, however, I wouldn't put it past them to make something ridiculous like basing it on your ranking in each Contest instead of the obvious way to go (scoring X amount of points regardless of your ranking, just like we already have as PoA Tasks, for instance).

• Like 3

il y a 17 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

The Contests Objectives, however, I wouldn't put it past them to make something ridiculous like basing it on your ranking in each Contest instead of the obvious way to go (scoring X amount of points regardless of your ranking, just like we already have as PoA Tasks, for instance).

That's a really good point. Requiring a specific rank would make it that much harder for lvl 401+ players (And anyone who can't usually snipe the contests everyday, which is a lot of players). Basing it on points would make a lot of sense (Remove the competitive aspect of it).

il y a 19 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

It would be really hard to make the PvP Objectives imbalanced considering that we've had daily (and legendary) contests based on exactly that for a million years, but you never know.

My assumption is that it will look really similar to the PvE Contest (= a few points for each win). Which would be bad (Seasons would be hard to win if you rushed the Mojo before the beginning of contest, and many players avoid getting too many wins in Leagues, to avoid promoting). That would be even worse than the current PvE, because at least for PvE, you get almost guaranteed wins everywhere, so it only depends on how many fights you can do (which mostly depends on what you get from natural regen).

And the fact we already have similar goals in contests doesn't say anything about the PoV objectives: we also had "Defeat villains" in contests forever, and the corresponding PoV is still terrible :D

So my bet is:

- PvE/PvP: terrible (similar to PvE, maybe even worse)

- Contests: unsure. Terrible if it involves ranking; easy if it involves scoring points. I don't expect this to be balanced in any case; it will be one extreme or the other.

- Pachinko: let's be optimistic. KK already aknowledged the balance issue. Let's say it will be closer to "balanced" than what we had on the test server (But I don't expect it to be easy. I'll be saving orbs...)

• Like 2
  • Hearts 1

On 1/10/2022 at 1:24 PM, Liliat said:

Contests: unsure. Terrible if it involves ranking; easy if it involves scoring points. I don't expect this to be balanced in any case; it will be one extreme or the other.

I was thinking exactly the same. Honestly if it is with the ranking i don't think i'll even bother with it. I noticed that i get easily snipered almost every time. The only thing i can hope is that, again if it is with the rankings, the points will be good even for the (uhm...let's say) 15th-20th place. After all we have "only" 14 contests to get at least at the girl.

Short version: i'm really worried about that Pov

The current Pov (for me at least) is hell: i do my champions but not a crazy amount. Mostly i do my CC and i'm happy, even because i cannot "waste" kobans on x10 performances or skip/reset and i cannot stay all the day at the pc. So yeah from my perspective is horrible XD

The pachinko i don't know. I didn't try it on test sever and i know that if you people say "is not good" well... it is surely not good and this time even KK admitted it so.... 1000% is not good. But i do not feel that worried after all i have my good stock of (green) orbs :)

• Like 1

il y a 22 minutes, Xemnas a dit :

The pachinko i don't know. I didn't try it on test sever and i know that if you people say "is not good" well... it is surely not good and this time even KK admitted it so.... 1000% is not good. But i do not feel that worried after all i have my good stock of (green) orbs

On the test server, last month, this looked like this:

Citation

- GP10: 2
- EP: 20
- EP10: 200
- Draft: 222
- MP: 6
- MP3: 34
- MP6: 80
- Event: 66

With my current stash, that's 3800 Points (And GP10 barely adds anything :) unless you have a thousand of them :D )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Liliat said:

unless you have a thousand of them

Get ready to be shocked: i actually have them (more than that actually), but Of course use them all just for a single Pov would not be great or wise XD. Thank you for the info 😊

Just now, Xemnas said:

Get ready to be shocked: i actually have them (more than that actually), but Of course use them all just for a single Pov would not be great or wise XD. Thank you for the info 😊

you could use them to get kobans in league (= get xp to unlock higher lvl -> assert dominance in league like f.e.@Hugh Jerexion :P )

• Haha 2

Yeah, my biggest concern for the Contests PoV (if they take the wrong route and base it on rankings instead of points) is that it's not only going to be awful in and of itself, it will also reinforce some of the worst kind of vibes in the game, and for something we can't just safely ignore (without passing up on value and exclusive girls)...

I mean, to this day I still routinely see random players completely lose the plot and burn indecent amounts of resources even on regular Daily Contests where there's nothing to gain but 300 kobans and a few low-value goodies at most...

LC is often not only very tough (once you've entered the BoD and most likely until you become one of the top dogs in it yourself, aka when you reach the end of the game), but it's also very frustrating and stressful.

Way too many players get dragged into "competing" in Contests as it is, even though it's nowhere near worth it most of the time, and it's almost never healthy. It's not a decent PvP environment at all, and it has low rewards at high risks on average (except for LC specifically). Not to mention roughly half of the samey and redundant contest formats in rotation are not just "imbalanced", they're just purely gambling by DESIGN, and against fellow players (anything where you get points for slowly and tediously grinding for them, but at any time someone in your group can just push the button and nuke your efforts in one fell swoop... unless you take the bait and join them on the dark side... it's just EWWW design and mentality wise).

So I can only imagine what this multiplied by the value of an entire PoV might turn us into, and it's going to be ugly to make a very tame understatement. -_-

PoV should be a solo thing first and foremost by design, just like PoA and yes, even Seasons (because, just in case someone reads select pieces of data and completely misinterprets them again... *sigh* Seasons are currently just right in terms of balance. Yeah, you fight other players' teams, but no it's not really PvP. Because it's well balanced and it doesn't feel like waging WAR on your fellow players like Contests often do. You reach the milestones, you get your rewards. It's basically PvE, but using other players' teams, and that's just as it should be).

The only PvP we need in this game is Leagues, despite their own legacy and brand-new balance issues. They still feel like competing and the focus is on strategy and even sharing tips and tricks. We regularly congratulate our opponents and it never has the type of vicious vibes that Contests and "sniping" bring to the game. I'm even 100% up for more (optional) Leagues with different format tweaks (League of the Rare, League of the [anything fun and limited]) as suggested in the Big Feature Survey.

NOT Club Wars, though (even if you call them "Leagues", let's be real, the obvious copy-paste is Guild Wars for this idea). The Club Champion as currently designed is already divisive and brings the worst in enough people as it is. Clubs are and should remain a low-key social feature. A home in the game. Don't make them battlefields. This is NOT a freaking MMORPG.

Contests as implemented in this game can die in a fire as a feature and design philosophy as far as I'm concerned. PLEASE don't make them more and more mandatory and fierce.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Hearts 1

The so called Path of Valor (as well as most of the newest "features") gives a perfect example of a game being developed without a beta testing cycle. We see ideas being promoted which are contrary to the basic game lore (i.e. date rape). We discover game mechanics which are dysfunctional (i.e. the slider bar which still requires a kludge work-around for many players). And, as many have pointed out, we see game imbalances which should be obvious to anyone playing the game as a beta tester. The test server is, at best, a concept test site which rightly belongs to the alpha group while the game we are playing is the true beta site. It shouldn't be a shock to find players who come to play a game are upset to discover they are being asked to pay for the development of the game. Nor should it be unreasonable for free players to be upset to discover this game they are playing is in a state of flux as features change almost monthly.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just here to say that this Path of Valor sucks and has absolutely the worst balance. Ive put in a billion points and only reached a third of the PoV (visually, 1/6th to the actual top). Ridiculous, who designed this...

Edited by Gotaku
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Gotaku said:

Just here to say that this Path of Valor sucks and is absolutely the worst balance. Ive put in a billion points and only reached a third of the PoV (visually, 1/6th to the actual top). Ridiculous, who designed this...

The answer is in the post above yours.

In short: developers who don't beta test.

Well, it took 400 champion tickets plus natural regen and some Season rewards to reach 2500 in less than a week. And time. So much time. Would not have been possible if I wasn't working from home and could set a 15 minute alarm clock. I do NOT want to go through this every PvE iteration of PoV, but I gave it a shot this time to see how bad it was.

Just forget about getting to 6500...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Without the contest yesterday I hadn't reached this score today:

grafik.png.fa91a6f1295938f92a8bce0f7546d6d7.png

I will go to 6250 Points at least because I want the kisses for KC. To reach this goal I have to spend every day at least 95 tickets, all combativity and worship from natural regen, PoV and Season.

This PoV is to 🤮

Not that I have to spend the combativity and the worship, the amount of tickets to reach the last step with kisses is heavy (and if I hadn't storaged more than 2000 before the start of PoV...)

I fear the next PoV...

• Like 5

I asked in the wrong topic, so I will post my question with the answer of bolitho76 here. Then it is in the right topic at least. To be honest, I was a bit intimidated by the last two pages of this topic because I had a noob question and I understand maybe the half of the last two pages. While I read here I got the feeling that Path of Valor is not well developed right now.

I hope my understanding will improve in the next months.

6 hours ago, Mongooo said:

Is it worth to spend 3600 kobans for the second girl and other stuff for a level 100 noob? I will not spend money for this game.

6 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

@Mongooo For the future please use the right thread for such questions, it will be more friendly to the mods (they are not staff of Kinkoid, only engeaged Players) and the other users. To your question: I think it's not the best idea at the moment to you. At the moment I would say save your Koban until you reach lvl 250 and higher leagues. Exceptions could made at: a) Classic-Event (Fist Event in the month with 9 days) to made refills at the last day to get enough combativity to get a girl from bosses, b) level up Places of Power, because they give you much needed Ressources and c) Orgy Days were you need "only" 160 combativity in average to get a girl (ca. 1800 Koban for refills). At the time you reach Level 250 you will be in the postion to get more Koban and than you can decide if the actual PoV is it worth to spend the Koban, or to pass because you can't easily fullfill the requested amounts of points.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mongooo said:

Is it worth to spend 3600 kobans for the second girl and other stuff for a level 100 noob? I will not spend money for this game.

Not quite yet. It will become worth it and maybe even your top priority eventually, maybe in 6 to 12 months if you build up a decent harem and koban bankroll by then (for PoV that have acceptably balanced Objectives, not ones that would be ridiculously unreachable for you like the current one, the Pachinko one, or most likely the upcoming Contests one).

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Not quite yet. It will become worth it and maybe even your top priority eventually, maybe in 6 to 12 months if you build up a decent harem and koban bankroll by then (for PoV that have acceptably balanced Objectives, not ones that would be ridiculously unreachable for you like the current one, the Pachinko one, or most likely the upcoming Contests one).

I feel like it highly depends on whether he can make it to 2500 Points or more..if @Mongooo can make it to 2500 points I don´t see how this isn´t worth it ESPECIALLY for low level players..the girl is one thing but all the xp and books (keep in mind that over 50 legendary books might not seem like a lot to me or you but to a lvl 100 player they´re like a little cheat code and the additional xp is like what 5-10 levels?) are quite helpful for him imho. :) (though it depends on what his priorities are: getting as much girls as possible or catching up asap..if it´s the first than it´s probably not worth it)

If I was a new player that wants to catch up PoV would be all I´d spent kobans for, in all honesty.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, holymolly said:

If I was a new player that wants to catch up PoV would be all I´d spent kobans for, in all honesty.

Me too, as soon as it's feasible and sustainable. Level 100 basically means "I created my account 5 minutes ago" though. Those 3.6k if they even have them are almost certainly ALL they have. What happens next?

Also, keep in mind that at that stage, you take a player level every time you blink. And you don't have a millionth of the Ymen it would take to benefit from it, be it for raw stats, equipment, or upgrading and leveling up your girls. Taking the extra XP from an entire PoV on top of that would push the new player even faster and more wastefully into a player level that might have unforeseen consequences, like ridiculously strong opponents in Seasons, tougher contest brackets and so on. I think it's way too soon.

But to each their own. They can open a QA thread to discuss this further (or feel free to split up this discussion there, it's getting a bit off-topic for PoV in general imho). Cheers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, you two for your answers. I am hanging at 1900 right now because I already spend kobans for combativity to get Peeping Virginia and Vermella. Probably a mistake but I am at the beginning. I will end up at 2800 if my calculations for the regenerated combativity, worship and champion attempts are correct.

6 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

"I created my account 5 minutes ago"

That is funny. It took me 13 days to level 111. xD

Because this seems to be off-topic I will open a new thread in Q&A. So you need not to answer here any more.

This forum style, where I have to open a new thread instead of using an old one with a similiar theme, is quite unusual to me. In other forums I am usually scolded if I did not use the search and reuse an old thread (five years and older is no problem).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FYI, I've reached level 6500 in the current PoV. I took advantage of working from home last week. I had more than 4000 tickets before the start and I'm now sitting at 3200, so I used more than 1000 actually (because I've been continually  getting them from PoP and other sources). Since they won't be needed that much until next one in 6 weeks, this is sustainable for a high level player in terms of tickets, but it's extremely tedious and boring, I don't want to do that ever again.

• Like 6

I'm at 5400 points now and will reach 6500 at friday. I have to make ca. 100 champion fights in addition to reach this goal, the rest came from worship and combativity - also normal gameplay. I consumed ca 1000 tickets more than I got in the last days. It's a doable path, but, like Kenrae said: tedious and boring. To have a platinum card made the path surely much more enjoyable but from a f2p-player sight of case: please, never again!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Since they won't be needed that much until next one in 6 weeks, this is sustainable for a high level player in terms of tickets, but it's extremely tedious and boring, I don't want to do that ever again.

The next one is in 10 weeks, so this gives you even more time.

• Like 2