NEW FEATURE: Path of Valor [PoV] is now LIVE!

holymolly

It just comes down to the luck of your bracket and hoping there aren't too many whales willing to spend their way to victory. So far my experiences haven't been too bad, and I've been able to take multiple top-4 and top-10 placements, taking me up to 1525 potions at this point. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Attirm said:

It just comes down to the luck of your bracket and hoping there aren't too many whales willing to spend their way to victory. So far my experiences haven't been too bad, and I've been able to take multiple top-4 and top-10 placements, taking me up to 1525 potions at this point. 

congrats; indeed, it's very luck depenend, one of the reasons why the current PoV is the worst (IMO). You are already in the 401+ bracket? I wasnt so lucky: only on 14xx points.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, blaa said:

congrats; indeed, it's very luck depenend, one of the reasons why the current PoV is the worst (IMO). You are already in the 401+ bracket? I wasnt so lucky: only on 14xx points.

Yeah, I'm level 452 so I'm in the 401+ bracket for quite some time now and am used to the way contests work at this level range. Yesterday I was able to leverage my lead in progress with the PoV to cash in on the PXP rewards to take 2nd place in the PXP/GXP contest we had on Nutaku. While that means I'll be sitting out future PXP contests, I'm in a position now where I don't need to worry too much as I just need some top-25 finishes to get the girl.

• Like 1

Well, I don't think I'm going to manage to complete this PoV. I fell flat on my face for the last two missions when I had the means of doing well in both. Last night was the worse, got home after 10pm and slept till midnight and was too foggy headed to even complete the dailies. Blah! The worse part was like... ok, I've got 18 minutes of dailies left and 45 minutes to complete them. BLINK. Wait, how'd it get to be 3:55 am?

@TeeJay I think you meant to post this in the PoV thread, so I've moved your message there for you. Edit: actually, I'm not sure what you're saying, so maybe this was relevant to the Classic Event missions? If so, we can move it back if you want.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

@TeeJay I think you meant to post this in the PoV thread, so I've moved your message there for you. Edit: actually, I'm not sure what you're saying, so maybe this was relevant to the Classic Event missions? If so, we can move it back if you want.

Yeah, you're right, it's about PoV and the daily missions for it. See, even after several hours of sleep my head is still all mugged up. lol. Can't even choose the right topic.

Thanks for fixing this for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, I've just passed the bare minimum milestone for the main rewards. It only took two #1 (both pretty expensive and tightly contested in the BoD), and at least #10 in most of the other contests so far (there were a couple I still completely skipped, those reliant on cash sacrifice). -_-

With technically 6 days left but only 5 daily contests counting, I doubt I'll go much further on this one. Though you never know, the now mandatory monthly "surprise" event might factor in somehow...

I'm still on the fence as to spending the 3.6k kobans or not. The main thing that might dissuade me would be if I manage to boost my koban stash to a point where playing Matcha's MDR becomes a possibility again, but it's a very long shot. And that shot might be in my own foot if I have to give up on too much stuff for it. We'll see.

Still no doubt the worst PoV experience so far. Let's see how the upcoming reworked Pachinko PoV will take that challenge. ^^

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Hearts 1

I'll finish the main rewards today with the DMs which I'm pretty please with overall - especially as I got stiffed on and XP contest due to the DG bug I reported in another thread. Having looked at the leaderboard on Nutaku, the highest is 5015, so I think it'll be a very small number of players that manage to complete the entire path.

I'm not going to buy this one as I'm only buying 1/month right now and will need to buy on the 19th to blast the first day of the LC with PXP.

50 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I'm still on the fence as to spending the 3.6k kobans or not. The main thing that might dissuade me would be if I manage to boost my koban stash to a point where playing Matcha's MDR becomes a possibility again, but it's a very long shot. And that shot might be in my own foot if I have to give up on too much stuff for it. We'll see.

Is Dominatrix a Dominance that you're specifically looking to build-up?

52 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Still no doubt the worst PoV experience so far. Let's see how the upcoming reworked Pachinko PoV will take that challenge. ^^

Pachinko should be fine for the main path at least. If I'm remembering correctly it should be 95 GPx10 orbs and done. I'm not sure I'd want to spend more to go the extra distance though.....

55 minuti fa, DvDivXXX ha scritto:

So, I've just passed the bare minimum milestone for the main rewards. It only took two #1 (both pretty expensive and tightly contested in the BoD), and at least #10 in most of the other contests so far (there were a couple I still completely skipped, those reliant on cash sacrifice). -_-

With technically 6 days left but only 5 daily contests counting, I doubt I'll go much further on this one. Though you never know, the now mandatory monthly "surprise" event might factor in somehow...

personally, i think the PVE PoV was the worst. So many pointless champions fights....
With the upcoming Pachinko one, after they reworked the rewards, I think it will be pretty easy to complete the main rewards - it will take roughly 100 Greatx10 orbs and you're done

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, punj said:

personally, i think the PVE PoV was the worst. So many pointless champions fights....
With the upcoming Pachinko one, after they reworked the rewards, I think it will be pretty easy to complete the main rewards - it will take roughly 100 Greatx10 orbs and you're done

Contest one is worst because you're against other players and cannot leave it for the last day to catch up on even if the person is a whale.

Need to be online around the time the contests will end or people can snipe you into a lower contest rank and if you get below rank 25 you get no points for the contest when claiming it.

People normally get below rank 25 on purpose for the free combativity point which they could not do during this pov because needed points for above rank 25 for this pov.

• Like 3

2100 points in PoV right now. I think the time frame is mostly shared.

#1 in two contests, #2 in two contests, others not mattering or skipped.

Is not 'bad', in the sense that is very unlikely you don't get the girl shards, but is terribly boring.

I think this kind of PoV could be easily stripped off the game and no one will complaint, as a bad copy of Daily Goals and the more I think, the less I come with how one can change the points attribution.

• Like 1

Il y a 3 heures, lepidocter a dit :

Is not 'bad', in the sense that is very unlikely you don't get the girl shards, but is terribly boring.

Ok, real question then. Am i that bad?

I really don't think i can get the shards rn. I'm at 1 400, and my brackets make it hard to even get #10.

I'll need a #4, maybe 2 even to get her... And at this rate i'm not going to.

I try to get #10 generally (got sniped today tho), and i at least got in the #25 every day but at this rate this doesn't seems doable anymore for me. 

Today, i'm at 70k more or less, the top 10 at 150k, and top 4 260k. I may take the top 4 since i have a bit of xp stocked but not that much so i don't really believe it... Making it a top 10, once again.

This PoV seems overtune when standing from my account, which is why i was wondering how people where generally doing since i could clearly see my account simply being too weak due to the 2-3 years break i took; but reading you i wonder

• Like 1

il y a une heure, Boulie2 a dit :

This PoV seems overtune when standing from my account, which is why i was wondering how people where generally doing since i could clearly see my account simply being too weak due to the 2-3 years break i took; but reading you i wonder

I was also able to complete the girl (2410 potions currently), in the <401 bracket. Aiming at Top 4 when I can, Top 10 otherwise. I think I made Top 25 or worse once. Getting consistent Top 10s is a must for this PoV.

We had a lot of XP Contests, so it usually takes 1 or 2 XP rewards to get into top 10. Probably 3 to make it Top 4. The trick is: if you overspend, then you don't have enough XP left for the next contest, so you have to be extra careful.

As usual with contests, the most important thing is to keep all your resources until you need them for the contest. That includes at least Books, Pachinko Orbs, XP Rewards, some easy PvP fights (For both XP and PvP contests), and combativity rewards (Although I wouldn't usually recommend spending Combativity on Contests, as it's much better spent on events).

Of course, it's a lot easier when you can log-in 30 minutes before the end of the contest everyday.

Edit: oh, and I forgot: since PoV provides some great XP rewards, getting an early win to unlock the next XP reward as soon as possible will give you a great bonus, as it will make the next XP Contest easier to win, earning more potions and then more XP, ...

Edited by Liliat
  • Thanks 1

@JustVisitingReborn and @blaa This is a very interesting and pretty deep strategy side discussion, actually. I'm obviously interested too, but I think we should move this elsewhere.

I'm considering moving our last few posts to this topic: 

It's a bit different but it's still largely related at least. Either that or we could make a new thread to discuss just team composition (especially for Leagues) but to me it's clearly one aspect of the same global strategy side of battles in general and PvP in particular.

Which option do you guys think is best?

EDIT: Done. If anyone started to follow the side discussion here, please follow the link above where it's now moved. Let's keep this here thread on PoV. ^^ Thanks guys.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lepidocter said:

They're all pretty boring, or at least basic. But this Contest variant is the only one that forces us to compete against fellow players instead of just each grinding our tasks at our own pace and without having to screw anyone over or getting screwed over by anyone. Which makes it by far the worst and the least healthy imho.

• Like 7

Currently on 2010 potions, from completing all daily missions, 2 top 4s; 4 top 10s; 2 top 25s. In todays PXP / donate contest I'm sitting in 21st place but still have by DGs to claim ( 77,500 PXP) which would take me to 7th, also have PXP from PoV (806,000) which would get me to 2nd, though I'll probably save it for another contest.

On course to clear 2750 which is better then I had planned for so happy with progress so far, though I agree that this is an abysmal PoV as you are in effect robbing other players of potions rather then earning them through PvE activities

8 ore fa, Boulie2 ha scritto:

Ok, real question then. Am i that bad?

I dunno, but for sure I am.

The ongoing top #1 for my contest is 750k. The second 650k. I'm at 160k, #19.

What helped me is a combination of timing and luck, a very happy rush in the Season already concluded and what I was doing with Champions. I had fresh resources to invest soon.

Probably starting early to win contests helped me to avoid the ferocious competition that triggered the moment many collectors did their math. But I was unaware it was the good choice.

Reaching #10 half of times +1 as minimal requirement it doesn't sound to me as the harder goal, anyway. It should come quite naturally. But only if you *want* for. This PoV forced people into willing for.

Yeah, is boring AND wrong.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well, I just managed to reach 2100 tonight with the last of my Dailies collected.

I'm not too sure how I got here, especially with falling flat on 3 contests earlier on, but I believe I did some rather questionable acts in later contests of which I am not exactly proud of.

overall, not a fun contest. Never quite enjoy the ones where you have to compete against others players as there's so many outside factors, like timezones and money to burn, that can influence the outcome.

But, for worst PoV, I believe the one that's currently on Comix takes that spot. I'm sure, with the proper de-empowring I could milk it for more points but the boredom factor just makes me want to ignore the whole thing. And I do emphasize the boredom 'cause I thought games where supposed to be fun and enjoyable while you play them.

• Like 2

HI! Looking for advice.

Maxed the first two PoVs, got between 4-5000 on the next two, only at 2100 on this one. I only have enough kobans to unlock the bonus rewards for ONE of the PoVs this month: should I do this one or the next one (pachinko)? Is the pachinko one actually worse?

Edit: Level 455 with maxed out PoPs, so a reasonable stream of pachinko games if that matters.

Edited by Shaftiel

29 minutes ago, Shaftiel said:

HI! Looking for advice.

Maxed the first two PoVs, got between 4-5000 on the next two, only at 2100 on this one. I only have enough kobans to unlock the bonus rewards for ONE of the PoVs this month: should I do this one or the next one (pachinko)? Is the pachinko one actually worse?

Edit: Level 455 with maxed out PoPs, so a reasonable stream of pachinko games if that matters.

pachinko is the better one, i guess. You should get a decent number without too much trouble. At least you dont have to compete others. 150 GPx10 orbs/spins gets you to 3000 points already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Il y a 17 heures, blaa a dit :

pachinko is the better one, i guess. You should get a decent number without too much trouble. At least you dont have to compete others. 150 GPx10 orbs/spins gets you to 3000 points already.

I don't remember where the new Pachinko PoV values were posted. Do you have the list of points per orb, by any chance?

I'd like to see if I can afford spending a few orbs today without hurting my PoV at the end of the week.

13 minutes ago, Liliat said:

I don't remember where the new Pachinko PoV values were posted. Do you have the list of points per orb, by any chance?

I'd like to see if I can afford spending a few orbs today without hurting my PoV at the end of the week.

image.png.bfae9558ef22e33bf0a1e97251562599.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Anyone remembers if GPx1s count at all, from back when the Pachinko PoV was on the Test Server? It's not on the list of objectives with increased points, but I'm not clear if it'll still count at all (then again, if the old version only awarded 2 points for a GPx10, I doubt it awarded any for a GPx1....).

Basically, I'm mostly wondering if it's safe to burn my GPx1s for today's LC or if I should keep them for the next PoV instead.