NEW FEATURE: Path of Valor [PoV] is now LIVE!

holymolly

i cant remember and i couldnt find anything on discord either (may be my bad research skills though). But, I would burn them now, dont think they will have any big impact in the PoV.

I assume they changed every orb that actually gives potions. If GPx1 would be counting, they only give one potion and if they changed it too, the ratio would be 1/10 of GPx10, so 2 points. Wont make a difference in the end, IMO.

• Thanks 1

It wasn't an official announcement, but the list of goals was posted on discord early on (During the test phase). Pachinko was also the second set of goals during the test phase (It was moved to 6th position because it was terribly unbalanced at this time, so devs wanted more time to decide how to rebalance it).

The message can probably be retrieved in the first few pages of this post.

il y a une heure, DvDivXXX a dit :

Anyone remembers if GPx1s count at all, from back when the Pachinko PoV was on the Test Server?

No; on the test server, GPx1 didn't count at all

Edited by Liliat
  • Thanks 1

Currently ranked #3800, I'll reach 3750 points by the end of the day (Once all my missions are complete). I could have reached 4000 by spending a bit of cash on today's contest to reach Top 4, but the single MPx1 orb is not really worth it. And the horrible lag today convinced me to just skip the contest.

Definitely the worst PoV of the lot (PvE was boring, but at least it didn't introduce hours of lag every day around reset time).

I'm ready for Pachinko tomorrow. I like the updated version, and it will overlap with Pachinko Legendary Contest, which is always a great opportunity to spend some orbs. I suspect many players will be able to complete the full path in no time.

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 2

3690 points for me, happy that this is over. Honestly i didn't like this at all, even because i get sniped very easily every time and throwing away lots of resources is not good (for me at least). Moreover if i get "robbed" at the very last second. I don't like the normal LC, guess what i think about a 14 days one....

In the end i have the same hopes of @DvDivXXX for the future of this Pov.

• Like 4

The contest PoV could be improved changing the amount of potions for each daily mission:

- ultra short (1 min): 1 potion
- short (5 min): 5 potions
- medium (8-10 min): 10 potions
- long (15 min): 15 potions
- event mission: 25 potions

and adding this one for the contest :

- finish in 25th-50th place: 40 potions

that would add enough potions to get the girl easily and some rewards for the people not very competitive.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Hearts 1

Oh my, I think I'll get some reactions to this post  :(

Actually, I don't mind this PoV the way it is. Let me explain.

The first and the second PoV I went all the way down - very, very easy. Not challenging at all. Just mindless clicking, no need to modify the way I play, no need to plan. Girls are, in the end, the bread and butter of this game, and getting GXP or shards was super easy.

The third and fourth PoV I got the girls, but my final score was barely sufficient. Those were PoV where I was very, very bored. A thousand champions fight is not only boring, but also time intensive. In the end the girl wasn't worth it, maybe the PXP, but those PoV were super boring and time intensive to me. 

The next PoV (Pachinko) will be completed by A LOT of players in day one/two, so the PXP will be available for day 1 of the next LC. And it will take roughly a couple hundreds clicks. Boring and easy forgotten.

This Contest PoV, on the other hand, was unpredictable. I didn't know the contest or the players in my bracket for the next day, I had to make choices for when and where I was investing my resources, there was the excitement of sniping or being sniped at last minute. It was fun. Was it the easiest one? no, probably it was the most difficult one. But we already have other five PoVs that require you just to click a button without putting any toughts in it, I really enjoyed something different this time around.

Btw: I am f2p, I ended up a little bit short of 4500 potions.

Edited by punj
  • Like 5
  • Thinking 2

28 minuti fa, punj ha scritto:

Oh my, I think I'll get some reactions to this post  :(

Actually, I don't mind this PoV the way it is. Let me explain.

The first and the second PoV I went all the way down - very, very easy. Not challenging at all. Just mindless clicking, no need to modify the way I play, no need to plan. Girls are, in the end, the bread and butter of this game, and getting GXP or shards was super easy.

The third and fourth PoV I got the girls, but my final score was barely sufficient. Those were PoV where I was very, very bored. A thousand champions fight is not only boring, but also time intensive. In the end the girl wasn't worth it, maybe the PXP, but those PoV were super boring and time intensive to me. 

The next PoV (Pachinko) will be completed by A LOT of players in day one/two, so the PXP will be available for day 1 of the next LC. And it will take roughly a couple hundreds clicks. Boring and easy forgotten.

This Contest PoV, on the other hand, was unpredictable. I didn't know the contest or the players in my bracket for the next day, I had to make choices for when and where I was investing my resources, there was the excitement of sniping or being sniped at last minute. It was fun. Was it the easiest one? no, probably it was the most difficult one. But we already have other five PoVs that require you just to click a button without putting any toughts in it, I really enjoyed something different this time around.

Btw: I am f2p, I ended up a little bit short of 4500 potions.

I can understand what do you mean. You have some kinda responsiblity into collecting points.  Anyway, the same was for everyone else. The moment you snipe someone, that one was possibly cutted out to reach an XP award necessary for another incoming contest.

That started an escalation that made the last days of the event a carnage. To lose a contest was too much of a defeat, forcing you into competing.

As a individual experience, I had to say this was the 'easier' for me so far, but the boredome was immense. As a global event, it create unnatural competition that sometime awarded 'silly conduits' instead of smarter ones.

My final score is 4990. Do you think I'm better than Level 400 people with a score of 4500? I got more by playing worst.

• Like 5

My end results of this PoV are somewhat interesting in terms of that it may reflect on different player bases in GH on different servers.

On Nutaku, I'm finishing the PoV with 5750 points/potions and ranked 16th place.

On Main Server, I'm finishing the PoV with 6150 points/potions but rank only 59th place.

In terms of experience, getting high positions on daily contests was much easier on the Main Server hence why I got 400 more points there yet my placements in the ranking would suggest that despite it being for me personally easier to place high up in contests on the Main Server competition there is still much higher overall.

There is a general question though if it is advisable or necessary to go beyond the 2100 points/potions needed to reap the harem additions everytime.

Sure, if you got the paid path unlocked the extra Sandalwood perfume on the 2300 point-tier might be an interesting reward but otherwise I think most of the following prizes are just nice-to-have extras which can be also gained from the season rewards.

• Like 1

Finished on 2965, was aiming for 2500 so happy with that, considering I'm newly arrived in the Bracket of Death (Level 410).

I'm in agreement with @punj, whilst it was an awful event to get potions in and needs re-working (@jelom's idea sounds good), at least it forced me to think about how to achieve my goal. To the extent of setting up a spreadsheet to plan what I needed to do. It kept me engaged for 2 weeks.

The Pachinko PoV in comparison could be completed IN FULL (6500) with 325 GP 10 OR 73 EP 1 OR 8 EP 10 OR 260 MP 1 (or any combination of) which I could do in the first hour of it starting so no challenge. I fully appreciate that I am lucky enough to have resources stashed to do this.

I realise it needs to be balanced between the long term players & whales with excessive resources, and newer players with limited resources trying work their way through this PoV, but it just feels too easy this time.

Edit : 22 EP 1 spins and I'm at 1900 which nets me the PxP for LC day 1, can what now til LC 2 to blow the rest of the spins to get me to 6500 then forget about this PoV already ...

Edited by Incubys
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, punj said:

43 minutes ago, Incubys said:

I'm in agreement with @punj, whilst it was an awful event to get potions in and needs re-working (@jelom's idea sounds good), at least it forced me to think about how to achieve my goal. To the extent of setting up a spreadsheet to plan what I needed to do. It kept me engaged for 2 weeks.

Yeah... Let's have a chat when you guys enter the Bracket of Death (401+) for contests. You'll likely sing a different song.

• Haha 4
  • Thinking 1
  • Surprised :O 1

19 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Yeah... Let's have a chat when you guys enter the Bracket of Death (401+) for contests. You'll likely sing a different song.

1 hour ago, Incubys said:

Finished on 2965, was aiming for 2500 so happy with that, considering I'm newly arrived in the Bracket of Death (Level 410).

The Pachinko PoV in comparison could be completed IN FULL (6500) with 325 GP 10 OR 73 EP 1 OR 8 EP 10 OR 260 MP 1 (or any combination of) which I could do in the first hour of it starting so no challenge. I fully appreciate that I am lucky enough to have resources stashed to do this.

I realise it needs to be balanced between the long term players & whales with excessive resources, and newer players with limited resources trying work their way through this PoV, but it just feels too easy this time.

Edit : 22 EP 1 spins and I'm at 1900 which nets me the PxP for LC day 1, can what now til LC 2 to blow the rest of the spins to get me to 6500 then forget about this PoV already ...

You may have missed part of my post so I've highlighted it as best as I could for you ....

I was in the BoD for that PoV, and I guess I honestly lucked out on my contests to do as well as I did. I agree it was an awful PoV (read my post) my comment focused on the fact that it kept me engaged for the 14 days. The current one for me will be over in approx an hour (took a few mins today doing 22 EP 1, I'd guess about 45 mins to do the remaining 52 EP 1) to get to 6,500 potions. 

Edit : I hindsight "newly arrived" in my first post may have been badly worded, recently may have been better. I can't remember exactly when I hit 400 but if it wasn't before the contest started, it was within a couple days of the start.

Edited by Incubys
  • Haha 2

I can understand your point of view @punj, but not everyone likes to be on the competitive side (me). When you say :

3 hours ago, punj said:

there was the excitement of sniping or being sniped at last minute

I see this part very frustrating: if i get sniped i have wasted my resources to achieve nothing, if i snipe someone i have been "a piece of @#]ù" and damaged someone. 

It is just my thought tho. You see when i started there was basically no pvp and all was around the girls (happy days, awww), i would say that was one of the elements that made me start playing the game. Today even a person like me is "forced" to be competitive to get what i want (example if i would not do the league i couldn't even think to get my desired Nike). 

As you can see in this forum we post literally everything: strategies, what we have done, what we are going to do, boosters that we use, experiences on how to get girls, even when we are unboosted and free to attack XD. 

The game is literally based on "sharing with fun" (example: i have Bunny in my harem and, at the same time, i'm in the Bunny's harem with you) this is why some people (like me) do not find the competitive and the "exclusive girl" (that thank god KK took it back saying that every girl will be back (i really appreciated that)) part fun.

I'm here to chill and be happy, otherwise i would start playing hardcore Dota 2 again XD

So this Pov for the people like me was not a happy one. This was just to make you see the harem world with my eyes, cheers mate. Have fun!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minuti fa, DvDivXXX ha scritto:

Been there for a little while now, lvl 436. Same song.

I get why you didn't like this PoV. I'm not trying to convince you that it was good. I'm just saying it was enjoyable for me :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minuti fa, Xemnas ha scritto:

So this Pov for the people like me was not a happy one. This was just to make you see the harem world with my eyes, cheers mate. Have fun!!!

I totally get it. And just to be clear: i wouldn't like if all of the PoV were that way. I think that one like this every 3 months is more than acceptable :)
Have fun!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Xemnas said:

I can understand your point of view @punj, but not everyone likes to be on the competitive side (me). When you say :

I see this part very frustrating: if i get sniped i have wasted my resources to achieve nothing, if i snipe someone i have been "a piece of @#]ù" and damaged someone. 

It is just my thought tho. You see when i started there was basically no pvp and all was around the girls (happy days, awww), i would say that was one of the elements that made me start playing the game. Today even a person like me is "forced" to be competitive to get what i want (example if i would not do the league i couldn't even think to get my desired Nike). 

As you can see in this forum we post literally everything: strategies, what we have done, what we are going to do, boosters that we use, experiences on how to get girls, even when we are unboosted and free to attack XD. 

The game is literally based on "sharing with fun" (example: i have Bunny in my harem and, at the same time, i'm in the Bunny's harem with you) this is why some people (like me) do not find the competitive and the "exclusive girl" (that thank god KK took it back saying that every girl will be back (i really appreciated that)) part fun.

I'm here to chill and be happy, otherwise i would start playing hardcore Dota 2 again XD

Each to their own, but it may surprise you after your reaction to my previous comment, that I also do not like the PvP aspect of games (not this one nor WoW). However it is a part of the game which awards girls (ToF / LC) so I compete in them as I'm still playing to gain as many girls as possible (I won't say all as I know there are some I will never get). I see it as a necessary evil to achieve my end goal.

And yes, the Contest PoV needs re working before next time, though I hope it won't lose it's event long engagement

• Like 2

I got the girl.

Got to say that i was maybe a bit too worried, since with the LC it was fairly easy to get enough potion. I got something like 2 800 potions, so enough for the girl and that's all i'm asking since i didn't pay for the other path (maybe i'll pay this one if i get enough koban, idk yet since i only have 2 600 koban)

I guess the contest was balanced with the LC in mind, and yes, this is far easier than expected with it. But if that's the case, i'm just sad they didn't just told us about it

Didn't liked it much however, i'm not a fan of the feeling that i may have stopped people to get the path because i needed koban, or whatever

• Like 2