NEW FEATURE: Path of Valor [PoV] is now LIVE!

holymolly

Fair enough. To each their own and all that. However, I'll mention the same point I've made in the thread about the upcoming Boss Bang feature (slightly adjusted): if we're all freezing to death while the two of you and likely a few other fans of this super harsh actively snipe-or-get-sniped PoV format are super hot, then the right thing to do for most of us is still to close the window. So yeah, sorry if that will be a disappointment for the two of you specifically, but a vast majority of us would still like this gone from the game ASAP.

• Like 2
  • Surprised :O 1

To be honest with you i would still hate the contest pov even if it had a more balanced point system because it was like a long legendary contest where you could not just get into the top 4 place in contest to finish it in one go.

what made it worse is that we have two legendary contest events this month which pretty much drags on making contests harder not something i can enjoy when you have to worry about every person in your contest group sniping you when normally only have to worry about 10 of the 50 people in contests had to overspend all month in contests because getting below 25th spot gave no pov points.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Fair enough. To each their own and all that. However, I'll mention the same point I've made in the thread about the upcoming Boss Bang feature (slightly adjusted): if we're all freezing to death while the two of you and likely a few other fans of this super harsh actively snipe-or-get-sniped PoV format are super hot, then the right thing to do for most of us is still to close the window. So yeah, sorry if that will be a disappointment for the two of you specifically, but a vast majority of us would still like this gone from the game ASAP.

I'm not sure if you are deliberately ignoring parts of my post that don't fit your narrative but ....

I THOUGHT THE CONTEST PoV WAS AWFUL

My comment was about it engaging me for the entire 14 days by having to plan where I was going to get enough potions to gain the rewards, as opposed to the current one which will take me approximately 1 hour to get to 6.500 potions.

Superfan ? Nah, I THOUGHT THE CONTEST PoV WAS AWFUL. But as it was there I had two choices : compete in it or ignore it completely. I choose compete. Everyone else (including @DvDivXXX)had the same choice. No one has to compete in any aspect of the game they do not like. It is there choice.

But just to be absolutely sure everyone knows my position :

Edit : I forgot the analogy : As I like the cold I would be in the group freezing to death rather then the super hot group, but that's just me.

Edited by Incubys
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Surprised :O 1

Hmmm... the Path of Valor isn't just awful, it's worse than that. Notice it is sitting where the old open air Arena feature used to be. No windows to close, I have to depend on my harem girls to keep me warm through the night. 😇

Not just awful, the counter for the "feature" is broken as well, Daily Goals says I have 130 potions, PoV says I have 90. I would appeal to the judges but Kinkoid forced them into retirement. 🤣

Edited by Pelinor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Incubys said:

I'm not sure if you are deliberately ignoring parts of my post that don't fit your narrative but ....
[multiple times this:]

Dude, calm down with the super loud redundant shouts, okay? This isn't about you and certainly nothing personal. I didn't read YOUR POST multiple times in details and I really don't care what your exact personal preferences happen to be. I didn't even quote or cite you. I'm not attacking you and please don't attack me either. I'm not interested, thanks.

You just happened to support @punj's somewhat controversial statement that this awful Contest PoV was "engaging" in some way. I don't have a "narrative" (that's a really dishonest way to frame a clear feedback), and my point wasn't about YOU at all.

Everybody and their grandma hated this Contest PoV event with a fierce passion (including you, got it, thanks, it was really worth wasting all this space for...). Then one dude had to post the hot-take that it was actually great in a way, and you opened up your next long post with a support to that hot-take. That's all I addressed in my message. That's a super marginal opinion, and I wouldn't want it to pollute the overall message we've all been sending into the ether in the general direction of where the devs should be. That's all my message was about. Okay? Jeez.

• Thinking 1
  • Hug 1

5 ore fa, Incubys ha scritto:

No one has to compete in any aspect of the game they do not like. It is there choice.

Nah, you didn't understood the problem.

I'll explain you thru a fun dialogue.

-Hey Divvudivixxx, you don't have to compete in such event if you don't want for!

-But there is a girl as prize, and I'm a collector.

-Nah, girls are for feeble guys, you must collect GunPla and Goku models. Look my Bandai Goku MUI, it's great!

-But... the PoV hide a lot of XP awards. And I need them.

-Awards? XP? You're maybe a ... powerplayer?

-NO, is just 'cause I like to compete in the Legendary Contests.-

-Bffff, Legendary Contests aren't so fun. Look my new Anbernic retro-console, it play N64 roms too. Isn't great?  Ignore the Path of Valor if you don't like it.

-Sure I don't like it, but it also host a lot of books for my girls. I can use them, or sell them. And also orbs. I like orbs and all the thrill of a gashapon!

-So, are you telling me that... they indirectly binded other areas of the game one can like more to the outcomes of a feature people don't like?

-Eeeeeexactly that. You cannot choose to not engage that PoV, or all other progresses will suffer and the area of the game you actually like become worst.

-Ahhhhh, now I understand why they were continually sniping me for two weeks. I thought it was for my nickname.

-Nickname?

-Happybesniped. Isn't cool?

-As much your Bandai Goku.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

24 minuti fa, lepidocter ha scritto:

Nah, you didn't understood the problem.

As much as I appreciate your post, and the previuos one from @DvDivXXX, I think I am still not understanding the problem. It doesn't seem to me that anyone came here to post that they missed a girl / weren't able to complete the PoV.

A lot of people were posting about it being hard (I think it was hard too), that it was unfair because the potions you get are "taken from someone else" (the same is true for MD shards, LC shards, and prizes in the tower - i don't get the point). 

It was not my intention to start a heated debate, but it seems there's something I'm missing somewhere.

Let me try to make my point by asking you, or @DvDivXXX, or anyone else:

Did you enjoy more the Contest PoV or the Pachinko one?

I enjoyed more the contest one, because clicking a button hundreds of times to get rewards is not challenging or enjoyable to me. At this point, if the only thing the matter is the reward, why don't we ask for a button in the pachinko page to sell 100 - 200 orbs at once? We would get the reward in a click. Would that be enjoyable to you?

(I really want to understand, my post is not intended to be provocatory at all) 

• Thanks 1

@DvDivXXXThe reason I got tetchy was you ignoring basic points in my posts, and focusing only on the bits which suited you. I try to understand someone else's post before replying to it in full, not just the points which suit me. All along I have maintained I did not like the Contest. Your suggestion couple weeks ago about standardised points over all the contests was good, as was @jelom's recent one about a sliding scale of potions for missions and for 25th+ place, so no one missed out. But they weren't going to happen so I knuckled down and competed in something I didn't enjoy because there were girls available Even though it wasn't fun I had to work at it. Unlike current PoV which is probably over (or will be by 2nd day LC) for a lot of players. So yes it engaged me more then the current one.

@lepidocterI get the feeling you don't read posts fully either, as you've written a long post to say the same as I did, so I don't understand you bothered ?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

3 hours ago, punj said:

It's a little early to say for the (reworked) Pachinko one, though having had a look at the new point distribution, I can already make a safe bet that it will be a million times preferable to me compared to the Contest PoV. To answer you question more broadly and fairly:

1. The Contest PoV annoyed me, stressed me out and sucked the fun out of the feature like no other PoV variant we've had so far. So, to put it in your understated terms, I enjoyed every other PoV immensely more than the Contest version.

2. Enjoyment is largely besides the point. I don't expect PoV to be fun first and foremost, I expect it to be realistically doable and reasonably rewarding for its cost. I'm already paying 3.6k kobans upfront for its reward, I'm paying that to grab resources in this more and more expensive and intensive game. It's a means to an end, as @lepidocter accurately and humorously described in his latest post. The PoV experience itself is secondary at best. There are enough parts of the game that require my efforts and/or deserve my attention.

PoV 1 & 2 (get shards and upgrade/level up your harem) were the best ones for me because I got the full value out of them without requiring a lot of efforts or sacrifices, and without being painful. PoV 3 (PvE) was more tedious and costly (for a non-VIP player such as myself) and I was unable to extract full value (though I ended up close, at 6.25k points) despite costing more and being more time-consuming and boring. PoV 4 (PvP) was overtuned as hell despite involving more interesting activities that I take seriously regardless of having a PoV based on them, and I barely managed to go half-way through the reward path (3.75k points IIRC). So even worse for me. The new and much better Pachinko version that just started today as PoV 6 should be much closer to PoVs 1 & 2 as I'm likely to be able to extract actual full value from it, although it will drain me of a lot of valuable resources and somewhat clash with the surprise double LC schedule. So, one of the best ones most likely.

PoV 5, the Contest variant, was a horrible experience throughout and it would be a drastic understatement to say that I "enjoyed it less". I didn't enjoy it at all, it was actively painful and frustrating to endure. And the one that costed me the most resources on top of the 3.6k kobans BY FAR. And I could barely make it to two thirds of the reward path (4.25k points) on top of that. It doesn't even compare to any of the others. It's outright unacceptable as a PoV format as far as I'm concerned. And yet, I suffered through it because I don't want to miss out on PoV rewards completely even when they release a horribly unfun and unnecessarily negative experience like this one. But I would really rather not have to go through it ever again.

I hope this helps you see where I'm coming from (as well as MOST players who gave feedback on it here, on Discord and elsewhere).

2 hours ago, Incubys said:

@DvDivXXXThe reason I got tetchy was you ignoring basic points in my posts, and focusing only on the bits which suited you. I try to understand someone else's post before replying to it in full, not just the points which suit me.

Again, the misunderstanding here is that you assume that my global statement about @punj's hot-take on the massively hated Contest PoV and, in passing, the brief part of one of your post where you supported this hot-take was actually supposed to be a full-blown conversation between you and I about the entirety of your post history on this forum. I do not care at all about that, and I already told you clearly earlier on. Please let it go now. You're not the center of this particular conversation, and jumping up and down asking me to look at you will not change that. Just stop it man. You've missed the entire point, and you're derailing the conversation. I didn't answer your entire post and I'm not interested in doing that. Neither is @lepidocter and NO, contrary to what you amazingly assume, we don't have to. This is a conversation about finding pleasure in this horrible format. You made one short blip in this conversation when you briefly agreed with @punj. This doesn't make your entire post history relevant to this topic.

Please stop this self-centered tantrum already. Thanks.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, punj said:

I enjoyed more the contest one, because clicking a button hundreds of times to get rewards is not challenging or enjoyable to me. At this point, if the only thing the matter is the reward, why don't we ask for a button in the pachinko page to sell 100 - 200 orbs at once? We would get the reward in a click. Would that be enjoyable to you?

To me the much more enjoyable contest is the pachinko PoV. If I wish to challenging there are other parts of the game for this. The enjoying part of the PoV should not be the gaining of points itself to me, it's much more the gaining of additional ressources I can collect and use to have more possibilitys to go further in the game.

The "invest more Orbs at once per click" button is useless. At most Pachinkos you will only spend the minimum of Orbs to get a singular goal (mostly a girl). It's like the x10 or x50 button at combativity - it looks like a good thing to save time, but it's easy to wast a lot of drops when you are near the 100 shards goal per girl. At the moment I will spend some EpPx1 Orbs before the next daily reset and end of Orgy Days in hope to get some Pachinko girls. The next goal is to reach at the first LC day the 2100 for the max XP reward and the next Orbs will be inveted at the Pachinko-Day of LC. So this PoV is how the PoV were described as they were introduced: Something that you mostly do anyway.

To me the PoV should be doable - that means that most casual players can obtain the free girl with their playstile, that active players can reach the end of the reward list and that whales can go much higher to show their e-penis. At the Contest PoV most casual players had no or realy low chances to get the "free" girl. In my Club are some casuals and they normaly end in contests never in the top4 and very rare in top 10 and in the last two weeks it was much harder to get a top10 or a top4 in contests because much more battled for this placements. Not surprisingly only one of the casual players in my Club reached 2100 points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

That's a super marginal opinion, and I wouldn't want it to pollute the overall message we've all been sending into the ether in the general direction of where the devs should be. That's all my message was about.

For starters, I hate the contest PoV and I am not defending it. @punj said it was enjoyable for him. He is entitled to his opinion and he should be free to say it on the forum. He wasn't pushing everyone to like it. If everyone is afraid to voice their opinion to avoid your wrath, there is no point to have the forum. Maybe we are the minority and the silent majority like the contests. Everyone should be able to say their piece. KK should find the message from the majority, not filtered by any individual.

• Like 3
  • Hug 1

15 minuti fa, DvDivXXX ha scritto:

I hope this helps you see where I'm coming from (as well as MOST players who gave feedback on it here, on Discord and elsewhere).

It does, thank you for your detailed answer. My experience, in terms of results, was very similar to yours. 

17 minuti fa, DvDivXXX ha scritto:

1. Enjoyment is largely besides the point. I don't expect PoV to be fun first and foremost, I expect it to be realistically doable and reasonably rewarding for its cost.

I think this is the core of our disagreement.  From my perspective, it was realistically doable and I can chose to pay or not for the second path. I know that it was not doable for everyone, but so are MD, LC or other parts of the game. In any case, my point was ALL about enjoyment. PoV #1, #2 and #6 felt like a free bundle. #3 and #4 a little more slow,  a little time intensive, but in all of them there was no strategy involved. I am grateful that for 1 out of the 6 PoV there was a little more engagement required to achieve the rewards.

22 minuti fa, bolitho76 ha scritto:

To me the much more enjoyable contest is the pachinko PoV. If I wish to challenging there are other parts of the game for this.

There are also other Paths of Valor, that are not challenging at all. 

I think there's probably a big misunderstanding or misinterpretation here:

Do I like free bundles? YES

Do I enjoy them? NO

I like this ongoing PoV more then the last one. It's more free resources for (almost) everyone, what's not to like about it?

I enjoyed the last one more than this ongoing one, because it required me to put a little effort in it.

• Thanks 1
  • Hearts 1

7 minutes ago, punj said:

I think this is the core of our disagreement.  From my perspective, it was realistically doable and I can chose to pay or not for the second path. I know that it was not doable for everyone, but so are MD, LC or other parts of the game. In any case, my point was ALL about enjoyment.

I think you're right, this is where our perspectives are complete opposites. Agree to disagree and move on? :) 

• Like 2

In general I very like the PoV feature. The only thing which I think should change is to improve some balancing: make the "main path" realistic to achieve for every active (and F2P) player. Give the ambitious guys (and the ones who pay the bills) something to aim for. Also for that everything is in place (point system, stages, leader board). I think all in all this is a win-win, for kinkoid and for the players.

My personal experience with the last PoV was more positive than negative. Before it started I was curious: how well I'm performing in contests in comparison to others. On the paper this looked more interesting than all the other PoVs before.

I can say that it was harder to achieve good ranks in contests than before. I never won during this period and usually I win maybe one in a week. But at least for me it was not a problem to finish the main path. At the end I was somewhere at 4500 points. For now I like the presence of this PoV if it is part of the big rotation. It is more PvP, so why not to have some more variance? These are only two weeks out of 12? So if you don't like then just skip it. Kinkoid just needs to make sure that it is possible to gain the main rewards.

By all means I'm far away from terms like "horrible", "frustrating" or "painful" to describe the last PoV.

• Like 1
  • Hearts 1

Some thoughts to improve the (Contest) PoV:

From my point of view all PoVs should ensure that a) casual players can get the girl - also 2100 points without much engagement, b) active f2p should be able to reach the end of the path, c) whales show their e-penis with very high scores in a leaderboard.

In the contest PoV you can get points from Missions and contest placings. In worst case (PoV starts at 19th, dircetly after Orgy Days in a month with 31 days) you will have 169 Daily Mission (only one Daily Mission avalaible in this case) which are worth of 845 points. Casual players will mostly not reach 2100 points or will have to make much more effort than normal and also not needed in the other PoVs. Jelom made a good suggestion to improve the points, my suggestion will go in another direction and includes the also made suggestion to include PoPs in the PoV. We have 12 possible PoP's that can be run three times a day, so 36 per day so you can do 504 PoPs in the time of the PoV. If every PoP gives 3 points you will gain 1512 Points from this, with the gaining from Missions you will receive 2357 Points. For more points you have to perform well in the contests and that is ok for active players and whales (from my point of view).

It could be interesting to have a more prominent PoV leaderboard and one thing could be, that every player that's ended in the top 100 of an PoV gain for the next 14 days an special, additional pic behind their playername (like a crown, a paddle or so) and a counter at the profile page that counts all top100, top10 and top3 placements in PoV.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrXY said:

It is more PvP, so why not

It's a very different kind of PvP from Leagues or Seasons, though. We're not competing against other players for the same prize, instead we have to participate in 13 contests in a row, not primarily for their respective prizes but in order to progress in the PoV.

If they had structured the PoV so that our progress in it was based on how many points we score in daily contests in general during those two weeks, instead of which specific rank we reach in each of the 13 daily contest to get points for the PoV, as was massively suggested before, during, and after this iteration, it would have been very different.

Just imagine the PvP variant of PoV was based on our rank in each of the two Leagues and on the Season leaderboard, instead of how many individual fights we win in either environment during two weeks. Surely you can see how this would be a nightmare for many players who aren't competitive and/or not really interested in League and/or Season overall performance, right? Whereas the current format giving points for each individual win, while not ideal for such players, doesn't push them too far away from their usual priorities in the game in order to progress in the PoV.

That's exactly what the Contest PoV as it is currently structured does for players such as myself who not only don't enjoy and don't focus on daily contests in general, but actively despise their design and typically ignore them most of the time indeed. Except...

2 hours ago, MrXY said:

These are only two weeks out of 12? So if you don't like then just skip it.

Why would this be fair or even reasonable at all? I still like PoV and I still want my PoV rewards. I don't want to skip them, even 1/6 of the time. PoV is a priority to me. So I just have to take it and suffer for two weeks as I'm forced to invest a lot of resources and efforts into daily contests, a feature I hate, just because this particular PoV is designed that way.

Would you honestly say "if you don't like it then just skip it" to players who normally don't compete in Leagues and/or Seasons if the PvP variant of PoV had a backwards design as the Contest one does (as I described above)? Or would you consider this might be a game design failure from Kinkoid for that one?

Between Levitya in MP, Pachinko PoV, and XP+Pachinko LC, it was obviously the right moment to spend some orbs.

Like most players, I wanted to reach 1900 Points in PoV yesterday to get ready for the XP Contest. I was a bit unlucky so I kept spending orbs waaay beyond 1900 Points, then I realized how stupid that was, since Levitya would still be available today :D So I stopped at 3700 Points and decided to wait for today.

With the start of the Pachinko LC, I kept spending MP orbs until I obtained Levitya, and I'm now at 5300 Points, rank #356.

I'll see how the Pachinko LC looks like tomorrow, to decide if it's worth spending more orbs, but I'll probably reach 6500 points then.

Now I can forget about this PoV, until the end of PoA, where I'll need to think about collecting the remaining rewards :)

This PoV awards more points for MPx1, whereas Pachinko Contests give more points for GPx10, so they're not even directly conflicting (Even when they don't align). I like that! :)

• Like 3

After all, I cannot decipher the design intent. Sometime seems a way for me to login often, sometime a competition, sometime a quest. Sometime is easy as hell, sometime required good timing. sometime is not even a feature, is just an extra item for the same Orb.

To me is not even a matter of points. They probably designed the thing in a hurry as people "had" to spend kobans for regular activities. There isn't any reason to spend on gauges or refills, the only expense on events, now you have another  line of incomes.

They can really do better with a redesign.

Example: no need for different PoV, who care. Take points from Daily Goals. The PoV grant you the average award at 1400 points. If you'll do all the extra step (150 points daily), you'll end with 2100 points. Super award. Pay 3600 kobans for the bonus rewards.

It seems to me more elegant, coherent, correct the waste of DG points, keep the purpose straight (people continue the game for at least 14 days, expense on regular activities), no interference with other area of the game.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the last day to claim your PoV Rewards. Don't forget!

I scored 10 575 points (Rank 1345 at the moment). The path was completed quickly, since it coincided with Legendary Contests. It still takes a lot of orbs, though.

I bought the paid path, since I should have enough Kobans for both Mythic girls this month, with a bit of spare. This allowed me to grab 300 Kobans in today's XP contest, 540 Kobans from the free Booster, 240 Kobans from Combativity for Mythic Days, and a bunch of gems and kisses. And, of course, 1 level worth of  XP, which is always nice (Although I think I'll be reaching lvl 401 before the next Legendary Contest, which isn't ideal :D I'll still be fine for the first CbC on Monday though).

• Like 2

Shards give points; not girls. So if you already had 99 shards before the PoV started, you only had 6 potions left to receive.

I earned 76 potions today. 40 from MD (4x10) and 36 from KC (6x6, now at 71/100 shards)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

With a bit of planning, I got a Season girl, the KC girl and about a third of the way through MD, picking up both PoV girls for 2500+ potions. I'll pick up the slack from the MD girl tomorrow then leisurely cruise the rest of the points.