How you doing in the "League"

casey

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

I suppose that depends on one's own strength position. My orgasm turns are the same with those booster/girl setups, but for me it's most definitely not worth it to hit the orgasm early in the majority of cases, because the additional turn by the opponent (turn 6 or 7, usually not an orgasm hit for them) often doesn't cost me any relevant ego, while making the battle last an extra turn on my side means one more opportunity to crit. I suspect I have a lot more opponents that take me all the way to the second orgasm in general, though, since you're stronger and your battles will typically end faster than mine.

True I only said what works for me.
I end the majority many of my fights in 6 hits with 6 multistat items and 2 cordy+2 ginseng legendary boosters thanks to the 2nd orgasm (with Any as my alpha). If I were to use Valentina in those cases I would end it with my 7th hit, and I'm sure that several of them would leave me with 1 point less than it would with Any unless I'm "lucky" and get an extra harmony proc/crit. I can tell you however from my experience that going for the luck "setup" is generally not worth it (in my case that is).

Edit: It's actually more the opponents over level ~390 where the majority needs 6 hits from that setup to be defeated by me (excluding the ones without club bonuses, nonlegendary alpha girl, and so on and so on). The ones at lower levels I definitely experiment more with when fighting them.

Edited by Slynia
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

I'm pretty sure jelom is in the position of being able to win all available league battles even if he doesn't crit at all. In that scenario it really does come down to a simple "how many times do I hit Reassurance across the whole week" accounting.

Oh, I don't doubt that even for a second. But then we're going back to something I mentioned several times earlier on in this discussion, and that you yourself also cited just now to explain how something might work best for Slynia but not for you. Some strategies are more relevant than others depending on where you are in the game and in the league, and when you reach certain thresholds, everything can be upside down compared to players in a completely different situation.

Everything I said holds true for me, and I think I'm probably slowly approaching the center of the mid-game, but still a bit closer to the frontier where I left the early-game behind. At the same time, some or all of my observations and conclusions may be inapplicable to Karyia or Тёмный Властелин, who entered the mid-game territory recently enough that they can still see the early-game frontier right behind them. Likewise, Jelom or Slynia are so deep into the late late-game that some stuff is relevant to them that isn't even relevant to you (yet?), who entered the late-game recently enough that the mid-game isn't a very distant memory for you. So yeah, of course a lot of things straight up don't apply to them the way they do for me, and vice versa.

I'm a million light-years away from caring about minute things like my specific point total or my average point per fight in league, as it's already a struggle to hit the "sweet spot" of under-performing just enough to not promote while leeching as much XP as I can. So in my case, my win rate and how much XP I can leech without gaining too many points when I lose are key factors to my relative "success", whereas my average number of crits over time is meaningless. But of course, I don't doubt that this kind of stuff matters to folks like Jelom who are having a completely different league experience, with completely different rules at that point. And it's great that they know how to optimize their setup in their own situation.

For stuff like how much the "class bonus" or Harmony in general matters, or which Alpha is worth swapping for or not, we can all be right for our respective situations, but only some stuff will hold universally true for all of us. It's each player's job (and kind of your specialty, Shal) to adapt the best they can to where they're at, and what works best for that.

Edited by DvDivXXX
format
  • Like 1

I have got a strangely weak D3 going on. With 1 1/2 days left I (L410) am 9th about 400 back of 4th. In the last few days I have been as high as 5th. Top levels are the normal pack of L440 ish.

7th is my best so far in D3 but that was with 4 x orange and I was well back of 4th. This week I have used 1 partial orange (8 hrs at the beginning left over from the prev week) and the rest have been green. I plan to go orange for the last day. If I manage a top 15 with 1 1/3 orange that will be my cheapest D3 5-15 ever. Fingers crossed.

• Like 4

I'm looking forward to a very clean demotion back to D2 in a couple of hours. I'm #86 in a league of 100 and I leeched more XP this week than I had ever done before in a similar situation (thanks again to my Russian-named sensei!). Starting with this new league, I'll adopt an improved "productive stagnation" strategy in D2 for the foreseeable future. I'm cautiously optimistic and my morale is a bit higher than it has been over the past few weeks. 😃

Best of luck to all. Stay safe!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I'm looking forward to a very clean demotion back to D2 in a couple of hours. I'm #86 in a league of 100 and I leeched more XP this week than I had ever done before in a similar situation (thanks again to my Russian-named sensei!). Starting with this new league, I'll adopt an improved "productive stagnation" strategy in D2 for the foreseeable future. I'm cautiously optimistic and my morale is a bit higher than it has been over the past few weeks. 😃

Best of luck to all. Stay safe!

Sounds like a good plan. I am still trying to figure out, what exactly was so mindblowing new for you on the approach of our fellow comrade from Russia. Somehow I get the feeling I am missing out on something and just wanted to be sure I am not.

To the topic: My d2 was boring as hell. It was the season with the lowest player range for a long time now, it only had 104 players. It was very clear in the beginning that the 420-KH-player will take the win and I got a placement in the top16. I finished 28 with around 4120 points. I maxed out the experience pretty good I think, but I also didnt care for a few fights to switch the girls and equipments and everything for the last 15 fights and then I missed some fights before the reset - not a good work this time

The new league looks ugly again. Highest player so far is a 425HC player with 12 d2 wins, but we also have a 406 kh player with 7 wins. I am not sure if I am going for it, but d2 got really wierd the last two months. It feels like there are demoting a lot high lvl players now ... anyhow, let's see who else is joining

• Like 6

Got my best result, so far ^_^ And I think this is the best I can hope for in a loooooooooooong while  😅 

I managed to finish my D2 on 16th.  

In fairness, I had more time available for this league, so I think I managed to get better results and be more efficient than before.

2008578325_015D22006044.thumb.png.9e1d3e700f74abaa8a0f170fa4202e44.png

On 6/5/2020 at 10:44 PM, Тёмный Властелин said:

@Karyia Can I ask you to count the amount of your wins and losses in the end of this league?

I got 202 wins, and for the first time I had to skip a few fights and get some losses to get bits more of xp.

But I wouldn't be able to get many more wins, maybe about 5 or so. Though like I said above, this might've been the best I've done since I had more time available 👍

9 minutes ago, blaa said:

I am not sure if I am going for it, but d2 got really wierd the last two months. It feels like there are demoting a lot high lvl players now

This might be very well be PoA repercussions (lots of Pvps tasks and stuff), though it might also be unrelated. Two months, two PoAs... might or might not be a coincidence ;) 

13 minutes ago, MaybeRegret said:

And I cry. 

league.png

Not sure you could do more, considering the levels of the top 4! 👏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Chicken dinner this week as well! 23.16 points an average per fight.
mushroom did a good job beating Barkior despite being 10 levels below him, not that it mattered anyway since they both got the same rewards. Still tho, it impressed me a little :D 

33333.PNG

1 hour ago, Karyia said:

Got my best result, so far ^_^ And I think this is the best I can hope for in a loooooooooooong while  😅 

I managed to finish my D2 on 16th.

Seeing that your level is 290, that is really impressive! 

Edited by Slynia
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2020 at 2:24 PM, _shal_ said:

D3 with 101 players again:

someguy      HC 436  4th place x1
Monster750   KH 433  7 wins
PyramidHead  Ch 432  3 wins
Bran         KH 430  1 win
Bob          KH 430  2 wins
SpinelesS    KH 429  1 win
rpaa         Ch 429  7th place x2
Dan          HC 428  16th place x1
Seed         Ch 427  3rd place x2

Wheee...that was a nailbiter:

image.png.5c388272717dac9f3a8693db06b47dd9.png

For a change I finished almost 12 hours early this season having maximized booster usage against troublesome opponents with several partial refills throughout the week (just under 300 kobans total). PyramidHead, SpinelesS and Seed were done even faster (nearly two full days before the end), so I was sitting in 2nd place at the time. I kind of assumed that I would get shunted down to 5th in the end - Monster750 was certain to beat me, and I also figured that both Bob and Bran would go into the top 4 as high-level KH players who (from what I saw) were permaboosting and using full rainbows. So, no idea how Bran gave up so many points to only finish in 7th place, but I'll take it! 22.22 average.

As quoted, the highest level player in the bracket was actually HC and...finished in 11th place. IIRC he didn't bother to boost at all, though. No other HCs in the top 15.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 5

This week was a tough one. My club mate @$exgod69 was as strong as me. Both of us could have won, but I did by a very small margin. 6829 points and 22,99 avg. Just a small change in RNG and he would have been first instead. I wish him good luck for the next week.

In the last hours was an interesting overtake between 3X7 and Apocesis in the 3rd and 4th places. Laimu and Gungnir followed, all of them were boosted most of the time.

image.png.f27667b8b47b21a632a31dbc91e4c9cb.png

For this week I have Guismo 432 KH 9 wins, Grovdar 430 KH 4 wins and TheMadaFucker 428 KH 3 wins as the main threats.

• Like 6

Regarding our fellow medium-low level players posting in this thread, DvDivxxx, Karyia and Тёмный Властелин I will do a brief digression about the points needed to reach some places in D3 to help them decide when it is advisable to change to D3.

I won't talk about the total EXP you can win in D2 or D3, only about the possibility to end in a reward tier at the end of a league.

You will need at least the following average in points per battle to reach these positions:  
The numbers are a bit rounded, and can change a bit if you are in a stronger or weaker league

position - avg points - lvl - total points (100 player league)
75              10              290
60              13              320     3850
45              15              330     4500        - change to D3 (equal rewards as 16-30 D2)
30              17,5           350     5250
15              19,5           380     5850
4                22              400     6500
1                23              420     6800

The level indicated is the minimum I have seen in the league and profiles to get in those positions regularly. It is possible to reach those rankings for good players as you who optimize their setup and battles, and know how to use boosters in some occasions.

• Thanks 6

Hey guys, a bit off-topic but... 7 players seem to have disappeared (or maybe hidden?) from my league? My league is down from 102 to 95 players.

Happened to anyone else?

Not sure if this is connected to other posts people have been making about not being able to restart their leagues but I'm guessing it is/should be?

16 minutes ago, Karyia said:

Not sure if this is connected to other posts people have been making about not being able to restart their leagues but I'm guessing it is/should be?

My money is on this too. On top that, the groupings seem very very off in my D2. Maybe it's just bad luck of the draw, but... I've never seen any D2 quite like this, besides the fact that it only ha 93 players right now. It looks like a fairly strong D3, not at all like a D2. I'm literally the lowest level player in there, by far, at level 309. So... that's new. It also ruins my new plan at the very least for this week: I'd be very lucky to reach even top 60 with full boosters on (which I'm not going to even try, as I can't afford it anyway) in that monster of a group, let alone having to worry about avoiding promotion... =/

What the hell is going on?

1563122497_HHLeagueStory22BugsandInvincibleD2A.thumb.png.8157a2ff0735cdbd74d4bbc6b75171ef.png

1427667341_HHLeagueStory22BugsandInvincibleD2B.thumb.png.38a42ddd58b46b23efea3e008fba6a2d.png

1194119390_HHLeagueStory22BugsandInvincibleD2C.thumb.png.a8a64ef4f0ea084a7644e1aa48e4c885.png

• Like 1

Ok, let's summarise:

• 101 players: 389 - highest level, 217 - lowest, median - 330,66
  • made 269 battles: 247 - wins, 22 - losses, 31 remaining token
  • average points for wins: 18,190
  • 15th place score - 4608; got 16th with 4602 points
  • was boosted for 2 days: 2 times 1 epic ginseng + 1 legendary chlorella + 1 epic cordyceps + 1 legendary cordyceps
  • total XP gain - ~62850

2100726805_-2.jpg.8174b8a8c241d2d4830cc0e4e6660054.jpg

• 4 losses out of 22 were 13 point losses. In 2 cases I took gambles and lost them. The simulation shows the worst case scenario for you and when you get as little yellow points as possible it often turns out a 20 points win, cause you trigger your special ability twice or triple times during the fight. It is especially true for hardcore opponents. The system shows you the result as if your hardcore opponent triggered his special during his orgasm and you didn't trigger at all. So I decided to gamble a little against 2 harcore opponents and made 6 battles with little red simulation numbers. I won't calculate the probabilities of them triggering special during orgasm and me not triggering at all, but I presume it's very little. Once in a blue moon I would say. Well, the blue moon decided to show its face twice, as you may see 😀 If you're trying to max your XP, keep that in mind 😉 and stay safe 😄 (yellow numbers). 13 points loss is much worse than 20 points win.
  • BEWARE the judges! Don't simulate very little yellow numbers (below 1000). These f...king judges can ruin your smooth run. So, I simulated 573 yellow points and went for it. And got 13 points because of the judge. 🙄 I was on tilt and swapped my alpha instead of omega and got another loss to the same opponent XD
  • I may be wrong here but I have one thought that has to be checked. If we get too many points from our special abilities even after the simulation adjustment, then, maybe, we should lower our chance of crit to get even less points and have even more fights? Monostat legendaries. If you're already strong and can get to 16-30 place with only wins (maximum XP), then you can try to win with monostat items and trigger your abilities as little as possible. Then you'll be able to get less points. It may be too much of an effort for too little of a profit, but, I guess, I'm not in a hurry (for a very long time LOL). Appropriate monostat legs are tough to hoard though. We'll see. Now, at least, I won't sell them as soon as possible 🙂

@Karyia, you're definitely losing XP. 1\3 of a level this time, approximately. When you did worse in the previous weeks, you lost even more. A couple of months ago I was 10 levels below you. Now it is less than 6. I know that it's your deliberate choice, though, so, good luck. 😉 And I'll wait with the transition to D2 until the time when I'll be able to get 16th place with wins only.

@~Crown Clown, oh, boy. I've been watching your awesome battle against all those 380 level people. Even made a screenshot. Incredible result. 👍

2097233062_-1.jpg.db8c33c07e6af427cb7d7a4b35dc61b9.jpg

Good luck in stashing tickets for inefficient champion fights, guys! 😁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, jelom said:

Regarding our fellow medium-low level players posting in this thread, DvDivxxx, Karyia and Тёмный Властелин I will do a brief digression about the points needed to reach some places in D3 to help them decide when it is advisable to change to D3.

I won't talk about the total EXP you can win in D2 or D3, only about the possibility to end in a reward tier at the end of a league.

You will need at least the following average in points per battle to reach these positions:  
The numbers are a bit rounded, and can change a bit if you are in a stronger or weaker league

position - avg points - lvl - total points (100 player league)
75              10              290
60              13              320     3850
45              15              330     4500        - change to D3 (equal rewards as 16-30 D2)
30              17,5           350     5250
15              19,5           380     5850
4                22              400     6500
1                23              420     6800

The level indicated is the minimum I have seen in the league and profiles to get in those positions regularly. It is possible to reach those rankings for good players as you who optimize their setup and battles, and know how to use boosters in some occasions.

Thanks for the info, @jelom 👍

As expected, I need a lot of leveling :D But this gives an idea of what to look for, so very much appreciated 👌

4 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

What the hell is going on?

I got other people coming into it, so it seems like a sort of "live reboot" is going on.

Possibly inactive people have been "cleared" and the usual "league restart" has been turned on? (just guessing, nothing to support this)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

@Karyia, you're definitely losing XP. 1\3 of a level this time, approximately. When you did worse in the previous weeks, you lost even more. A couple of months ago I was 10 levels below you. Now it is less than 6. I know that it's your deliberate choice, though, so, good luck. 😉 And I'll wait with the transition to D2 until the time when I'll be able to get 16th place with wins only.

No worries. Part of that is the higher level requirement themselves :S 

It's just more challenging this way.

And the koban reserves get a bit higher too ^_^ 

Thanks and good luck back 👌

• Like 1

Congratulations to @mot_131. As I thought last Thursday, he did not let me win and I finished second. It is also a good result for me with 23.003 average.
He played well and very "fair play" despite his bug. I hope to meet him again when the bug will be fixed.
At the third and fourth place there were two KH player Gnussyking and TheMadafucker.

This week seems similar as the last two week. I am with GetOverhere ... another bug account...😢 I think Kinkoid doesn't like me so much  :).

Have a nice evening and good luck for the  league

Screenshot_20200611_125931_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200611_192057_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by E. N. D.
  • Like 6

Ok, so, quick rundown, as far as I have been able to understand it.

There were a whole bunch of demotions which didn't work this week, and people got incorrectly assigned to a tier they should have dropped down from. As well as this, there were also some who weren't correctly reassigned to a league despite having a holding position or even a promoting position.

The 'solution' to this has been to correctly put people back in the tiers they should be several hours after the tiers had been formed. The net result of this has been a general shunting of demotees downwards and a loss of players in D3 tiers across the board, as there is no higher tier to replenish the ones dropped. Also, as people have already been battling, some will have battled people who are no longer in their league, which is going to lead to a points/xp advantage. I have been told that there is unlikely to be any further corrections to be made, as nothing short of a full reroll is likely to solve this mess, which is near impossible to do, apparently.

In summation; it's a clusterfuck and y'all should brace for a bumpy week ahead until a (hopefully successful) new league week sorts out the discrepancies. 

Please don't shoot the messenger. 😅

• Thanks 9
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Slynia said:

@Darsca Welp. There is a guy who rushed in my league. I need 5994 points to win and there are only 84 opponents... that's 23.785 points average! 

yep he got the point from missing people. since those who won point again missing people there is no reason to still boost in this league. those who got the luck of havin't fight missing people get overhelming avantage.

and yes this morning at the beginning we were 100 in the league now only 85

Edited by Sygfried94
  • Like 1