19 hours ago, Sev said:
On 6/24/2019 at 5:41 PM, snowman22 said:

I ended up getting her with 343 total battles (free + 6.2 refills). Pretty average. Cheaper than EpP.

Getting the girl on legendary days in just 343 battles is an example of exceptional luck! Statistically, the average is almost 460 battles, you had more luck than 29 of 30 randomly chosen players 

Going back through my notes I see that those mid-300s where all epic girls. The only legendary I have notes on took me 502 (Fab). @Sevis right, I was lucky. Erases my slightly bad luck on Fab. Yet, while I was doing the battles I felt that the shards where never dropping. The mind is a funny thing.

• Like 1

Moved this to chit chat.

@nbgv, Yeah I have done a few yoyos in the past. The problem is it creates a lot of boring days. If I tank D2, ace D1 and repeat the entire D2 week is boring as I try to stay in the last 15 and then the D1 week has a few days of interest, then a rush, then more boring days. But as I write this I have to admit to myself you are right. The current D2 16-30 week after week is pretty boring.

I think I will give yoyoing a try for a few weeks.

Either the game got hacked, or Kinkoid is testing a lot of test accounts.

Doesn't seem like the violators are even trying to hide themselves. Take a look at the top ToF weekly affection rankings, and the starting dates of the top players. I've been following the affection ranking for a couple of months now, and I can't remember figures above 800K.

image.png.113448ede6367f92032de5ddae12b6d1.png

28 minutes ago, John 1039 said:

Either the game got hacked, or Kinkoid is testing a lot of test accounts.

Doesn't seem like the violators are even trying to hide themselves. Take a look at the top ToF weekly affection rankings, and the starting dates of the top players. I've been following the affection ranking for a couple of months now, and I can't remember figures above 800K.

image.png.113448ede6367f92032de5ddae12b6d1.png

Just take a look at the girls gotten ranking 😂

• Like 1

One of these new accounts also somehow has gained access to the profile background that can only be won from Alban (6th champion) despite being only level 42 and with combat stats that should not allow him to damage the later champions at all (so spamming battle attempts can't work).

And yeah, girls obtained is the most obvious clue that something is going on. There are currently 63 players who have gained 20+ girls this week; normally there are at most three. The top 10 cutoff is at 77 girls, usually it's about 13 or 14.

I have a support ticket pending about the whole thing since yesterday, we'll see if anything comes of it next week when the Kinkoids are back in the office.

Edited by _shal_

Check this out: "The Attraction system gets an upgrade: when players fight a villain, their chances of getting Attraction points for the girls they’ve already attracted will increase. Thus, a player will be able to add a Girl in his Harem faster. "  This info appeared in 9 May 2019 patch notes.

I was following it with interest to see how it pans out.  Well, it turns out to be nonsense as far as I can tell.  From that date, in two accounts Toshiko is now at over 80 shards - in one of them she's sitting on x90.  She's been on x90 for the last 5 rounds (100 performances) while Rin who was on x64 has made great strides in the meantime to have reached x86.  Over the same number of rounds, in another account Toshiko is on x80 and Rin was on x66.  Toshiko has gained one shard to now be on x81, but Rin is moved up to be on x79 (I already have Willow in that account).

So what is going on?  Either the statement in the notes is meaningless and ambiguous, as they so often are, or it is simply untrue.  The attraction system is just as random as it always was and I'll still have to have monumental patience to see Toshiko join my harem.

9 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Check this out: "The Attraction system gets an upgrade: when players fight a villain, their chances of getting Attraction points for the girls they’ve already attracted will increase. Thus, a player will be able to add a Girl in his Harem faster. " This info appeared in 9 May 2019 patch notes.

I was following it with interest to see how it pans out. Well, it turns out to be nonsense as far as I can tell. From that date, in two accounts Toshiko is now at over 80 shards - in one of them she's sitting on x90. She's been on x90 for the last 5 rounds (100 performances) while Rin who was on x64 has made great strides in the meantime to have reached x86. Over the same number of rounds, in another account Toshiko is on x80 and Rin was on x66. Toshiko has gained one shard to now be on x81, but Rin is moved up to be on x79 (I already have Willow in that account).

So what is going on? Either the statement in the notes is meaningless and ambiguous, as they so often are, or it is simply untrue. The attraction system is just as random as it always was and I'll still have to have monumental patience to see Toshiko join my harem.

The use of the word Chances mean that it isn't guaranteed to work that way, only more likely. These events you've encountered are not impossible, but we cannot tell how likely it is due to a lack of hard numbers.

32 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Check this out: "The Attraction system gets an upgrade: when players fight a villain, their chances of getting Attraction points for the girls they’ve already attracted will increase. Thus, a player will be able to add a Girl in his Harem faster. "  This info appeared in 9 May 2019 patch notes.

I was following it with interest to see how it pans out.  Well, it turns out to be nonsense as far as I can tell.  From that date, in two accounts Toshiko is now at over 80 shards - in one of them she's sitting on x90.  She's been on x90 for the last 5 rounds (100 performances) while Rin who was on x64 has made great strides in the meantime to have reached x86.  Over the same number of rounds, in another account Toshiko is on x80 and Rin was on x66.  Toshiko has gained one shard to now be on x81, but Rin is moved up to be on x79 (I already have Willow in that account).

So what is going on?  Either the statement in the notes is meaningless and ambiguous, as they so often are, or it is simply untrue.  The attraction system is just as random as it always was and I'll still have to have monumental patience to see Toshiko join my harem.

I think it is working pretty good for me while trying to get the girls from Jackson‘s crew. I currently have x93 shards for Riley, x43 for Piper and x36 for Hannah.

5 hours ago, Arvelak said:

I think it is working pretty good for me while trying to get the girls from Jackson‘s crew. I currently have x93 shards for Riley, x43 for Piper and x36 for Hannah.

I haven't even got to Jackson's Crew yet, except when trying for Berry and this was surprisingly successful.  In  that short event I managed to get Hannah up to 21 shards.  In all but one account I want at least one of Karole's girls before moving to this more or less full time.  As George MTO implied (stating the bleedin' obvious) it's random.  Ha, yes!  To me it's so random it's the opposite of what it's stated to be!  I agree that we need hard numbers before being certain the system is broken.  Hopefully these will materialise.

Yes, it seems to be working for you, but not for me.  How did you get on with Karole?  I'm finding the shard drops fall away dramatically when a girl gets above x80 shards.  This applies to events too.  It makes sense to set the game up this way because it encourages players to spend kobans to put themselves out of their misery.  At least this is my theory.

My drop rate for event girls:

• with 0-19 shards obtained: 11.0% (1813 battles for 199 drops)
  • with 20-39 shards obtained: 10.8% (1644 battles for 177 drops)
  • with 40-59 shards obtained: 10.5% (1625 battles for 170 drops)
  • with 60-79 shards obtained: 11.2% (1483 battles for 166 drops)
  • with 80-99 shards obtained: 10.4% (1639 battles for 171 drops)

Make of that what you will, to me that's just random noise.

Edit: Shard drop numbers, split by event type and in the same 5 shard amount brackets:

• Classic: 3.4 / 3.2 / 3.4 / 3.3 / 3.2
  • Revivals: 6.1 / 5.5 / 6.8 / 7.1 / 7.3
  • Epic Days: 3.1 / 3.1 / 3.1 / 3.1 / 3.0
  • Legendary Days: 1.9 / 1.9 / 1.9 / 2.0 / 1.8

Nope, no cratering at the end here either.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

How did you get on with Karole?  I'm finding the shard drops fall away dramatically when a girl gets above x80 shards.  This applies to events too.  It makes sense to set the game up this way because it encourages players to spend kobans to put themselves out of their misery.  At least this is my theory.

I finished getting the girls from Karole about a week before the shard system was added, as for shard drops slowing down after x80 shards... It is ridiculous the amount of times I'd get exactly 99 shards with an event girl, and then "conveniently" get a 60+ fight drought.

3 minutes ago, Arvelak said:

I finished getting the girls from Karole about a week before the shard system was added, as for shard drops slowing down after x80 shards... It is ridiculous the amount of times I'd get exactly 99 shards with an event girl, and then "conveniently" get a 60+ fight drought.

I only managed to get Willow in Peregrine Took before the new system was introduced.  I don't tend to start battling in new worlds until I have at least one of the girls from the one previous...

So you've experienced the 90s drought too.  As I said, I suspect this is deliberate and an algorithm was created to slow down the shard drop rate when a certain attraction level has been reached.  It makes sense for HH to do this.  Get people to the cusp of getting a girl, slow down the shard drops dramatically and watch them use kobans to try to 'finish her off'.  It's a great ploy of psychology and profiles human gambling behaviour and impatience expertly.  I'm not buying it and am happy to wait, forever if necessary.

While I'm at it, I had a shard drop for Toshiko in Adrian'smole which raised her count from x90 to x93, but I had Willow drop x7 shards in the same round.  She's now at x25.  I expect to have to wait another 100 fights before another drop for Toshiko and that would probably take her up to no more than x96.  Gurroan!!

While I'm in a bitching mood, how come this Space Girls event started before the current daily missions ended?  There was no announcement of this.  Had I known it was starting over 4 hours before the end of the current daily mission I would've fully refrained from battling Karole to make sure I began the event on a full count.  Now I have to wait between 4 and 6 hours before I can take part unless I spend kobans to refresh combativity.  But I guess that might be HH's idea.  Furthermore, I was over 4 hours behind the eight ball in starting the new daily missions and I may not be able to complete them in time.