10 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

They showed up only an hour later than normal if you live in a country that didn't just adjust for DST.

Mine ended at 10 PM CST and told me I would get new quests in 1 day 1 hour.  Our timeshift doesn't happen until early November here in the US. No clue why it told me the one day and one hour at first.

14 minutes ago, Damoncord said:

Mine ended at 10 PM CST and told me I would get new quests in 1 day 1 hour. Our timeshift doesn't happen until early November here in the US. No clue why it told me the one day and one hour at first.

Yes, that was a display bug. They said 1 day 1 hour, but after 1 hour the quests appeared. Was just clarifying that they didn't show up ""now".

As someone else wrote in another thread, the problem with the DST is the third bug of a certain relevance in less than three weeks. I don't want to sound catastrophic, but as a former programmer, this is really getting me worried, since, although it wasn't in the gaming industry, I heard about software houses that ended up on the verge of bankruptcy after warnings like those we saw these weeks indicated that their source code, far from being solid and bug-free, seemed to be made of butter. Recently I have often had the idea that some developers are among those who (I apologize to those who do not understand a too technical language) do not correct hints and warnings about the code provided by the compilers "because both are just small errors that do not affect the correct operation of the application", an (unfortunately) widespread opinion in the world of programmers, that I could more than once verify as incorrect. The lack of cleaning, polishing and (when necessary and appropriate) in the revamping of the source code are a serious negligence for a programmer and, even if I don't want to wish anyone harm, I hope that if there really is someone among the developers with a such negative behavior, they learn quickly from their mistakes or are brought to the door as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Thankfully, it's not 1999 with these programmers. I'd expect widespread issues if DST is this problematic. While Y2K was mostly a non-event, there were some companies that had issues, including a few large ones, but most of that stuff was kept quiet.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Observer_X said:

"because both are just small errors that do not affect the correct operation of the application"

Or why bother improving code efficiency when you can just keep buying more powerful machines to run slower and slower programs and counterbalance the lack of efficiency.

The other day I asked an intern why their program was so slow and their answer was "because the machine isn't powerful enough". And it wasn't the first time I hear that kind of dumb argument

BTW, if you didn't read it I recommend this fantastic article on that subject

Anyway, I totally agree, the mindset of a lot of young programmers these days is worrisome.

And sorry for the off-topic.

Edited by linkdream
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, linkdream said:

Or why bother improving code efficiency when you can just keep buying more powerful machines to run slower and slower programs and counterbalance the lack of efficiency.

The other day I asked an intern why their program was so slow and their answer was "because the machine isn't powerful enough". And it wasn't the first time I hear that kind of dumb argument

BTW, if you didn't read it I recommend this fantastic article on that subject

Anyway, I totally agree, the mindset of a lot of young programmers these days is worrisome.

And sorry for the off-topic.

I read that article. I am not so pessimistic as the writer, but, as I said, I had to fight more than once with realities like those described by him, even if my level, compared to his, was and still is definitely lower (I got a diploma as a programmer in high school, and I couldn't attend the university). One of the main problems is that, since programmers and software houses have to make money on their programs, they have to be sold, and in my experience, programmers and commercial staff often come into conflict with this, with programmers fighting against time ending up being forced to produce poor jobs, and the owners of software houses (who pay the salaries to the programmers) who are always on the side of the commercial staff.

Getting back to the situation we have at hand, other players are absolutely free to disagree with me about this, but I would gladly accept an Hentai Heroes with less events and girls, if this would help to improve the overall quality of the game regarding the better functionality and the absence of bugs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2019 at 6:32 AM, Varnart said:

BRASSY!!! hey

@Varnart   hey yourself!!!  Forgive for being so long to respond.   What is up with you? 

Do you ever go over the other site?  (not going to name it so no one panties go missing)  I thought they would really take off  AND I thought they were somehow connected with HH in a business way.  Disappointing to say the least.  I still have my imvu if you want to visit sometime.  You know my secret ID there!!   Best Wishes particularly over the holidays.  Hope we see some special HH happenings  going into 2020.

Best, brassy

@Chthugha

@brassygirl

@casey

Chit Chat

fvtaxman replied to brassygirl's topic in General Discussion

Apres moi, le deluge. # 7 for the minute anyway.

brassy you posted from my account.  At the time, this man was moderator.  He clipped everyone, including you.     

Then, you joined his chat room and talked with him dozens of times. 

My guess:  He never, ever mentioned this to you?  Apparently, he saved this up for a more useful or dramatic time.

Why won't you want to be in his club?

The true status- non recourse- of those who join clubs:  It appears, a player who contributes, takes the risk of the owner.  I'm pretty sure I can boot anyone without cause from the club.  They don't get their contributions back.  I don't have to disclose if/when I boot.  This is very loopsided.

I am entrusted, by those who contribute, with a tremendous responsibility, both to treat all fairly and to keep the club active.

On a more subtle level, I am bound to do no harm.  For example, if I see people "sucking up" to me, I must insist they are completely free and can rely on me not to badger or degrade them in some way.  I don't know the proper term in English for "sucking up"- I ask the reader for generousity.  I mean:  As owner I serve the interest of the members.  

Because they have no recourse:  My duty is the highest possible:  to serve.

When a  member posts in Russian Cyrillic characters, we all learn a bit of  Russian.

BTW, @brassygirl  "no one" got your quote.  You are in our club.  You are why we made our club. 

Your quote is from a Louis French King.  The last one before the French revolution.   He saw what he called a flood.  Like a Noahs ark type of flood but political.

Why do we know this and others don't? 

The French attacked Mexico and set up their "Emperor" before our ancestors captured him and killed him in public.  Those who killed him then wrote our Constitution.  Their leader was a poor native Indian.  My street is named for him.

In other countries, such as Vietnam, the French remained until 1954, a few years before your father was born.  

I will see you in club chat.  I will not comment more and refer any further discussion to you, though I can't imagine what further needs to be said. 

Viva la raza.

41 minutes ago, fvtaxman said:

@Chthugha

@brassygirl

@casey

Chit Chat

fvtaxman replied to brassygirl's topic in General Discussion

Apres moi, le deluge. # 7 for the minute anyway.

brassy you posted from my account.  At the time, this man was moderator.  He clipped everyone, including you.     

Then, you joined his chat room and talked with him dozens of times. 

My guess:  He never, ever mentioned this to you?  Apparently, he saved this up for a more useful or dramatic time.

Why won't you want to be in his club?

Okay, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Yes, I was moderator in the past. But what does that have to do with anything? The reason I mentioned brassy using your account to post a message, was because to me that makes it clear you two know eachother personally. Brassy had a lot of trouble connecting to the forum, so I guess she used your account to post. When I found out she was still playing after she left my club, and was in a club called brassy and mole with you, an account of someone she clearly knows in some way, that lead me to conclude she must have started her own club, even though you are the club owner. That doesn't take away that everyone in the club was sad and confused that she had left, especially since we didn't know why she left.

I didn't keep that information for a more dramatic time, I didn't think it was important at the time, and it still isn't today. It just is part of an explanation I have come up with to make sense of some parts of this. The fact that brassy reacts to every ping accept mine, must mean I must have done something. I seriously do not know what that is. But it is the only conclusion I can draw right now, especially with your post that is bordering hostility. I am not sure what beef you've got with me, but as I don't even know you, I find it a bit strange.

Edited by Chthugha

@Varnart Are my pics still up at Thrixx?  I haven't been there for so long.  Did I meet you there????  Hey.  Lets go again!!  It is so long since I saw you.  I know I hurt your feelings by leaving your kind message UN-attended.  Let me make it up to you.

We have two new members in our club too:  My promotion!~!  Haha.

Please see this!!  Our club rocks!!  Hehehe.

what we are about.JPG

6 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Most peoples' thoughts won't have changed much since it was first announced a month ago.

Hi, @Georgemto @damoncord   

I thought it could (would?) be fantastic! 

Sadly, on the test server?  It is like no one asked players in the design.   

23 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Most peoples' thoughts won't have changed much since it was first announced a month ago.

Interesting considering I just saw it on the notes yesterday.  I never saw it in one of the emails. I don't read most of the forums, just this thread most of the time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Are you referring to it being mentioned on November 13th? because that's the note I was mentioning.   I don't follow most of their other sites, but hadn't seen anything about it until then.  BTW the link you gave is giving a 404 error.

Screenshot 2019-11-14 23.07.47.png

Edited by Damoncord
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Damoncord said:

Are you referring to it being mentioned on November 13th? because that's the note I was mentioning.   I don't follow most of their other sites, but hadn't seen anything about it until then.  BTW the link you gave is giving a 404 error.

Screenshot 2019-11-14 23.07.47.png

Weird, that link worked before from our club chat. Try this then

https://www.kinkoid.com/news/kinkoid-news/

No, I'm talking about it being linked in game a month ago as I already said.

• Like 1