55 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Why? They'll be independent, each one will require upgrading 😅

Because I don't want to spend a ton of Kobans on upgrading them all fully. I want to wait until I see how long everything takes with the first one before deciding to go all in on upgrading. I'm on track to get the girl in a few more months, so that's fine. 

I'm a free player, so being judicious with Kobans is important.

Upgrading PoP is a great investment, especially for a free player, but only to stage8. What you can get from more orbs is pretty great, the tickets may also give you a win or a top4 in a contest here and there.

But obviously, everybody has to decide for themself. If there are more PoPs with the same/similar price, i will upgarde them for sure.

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, blaa said:

Upgrading PoP is a great investment, especially for a free player, but only to stage8. What you can get from more orbs is pretty great, the tickets may also give you a win or a top4 in a contest here and there.

But obviously, everybody has to decide for themself. If there are more PoPs with the same/similar price, i will upgarde them for sure.

I agree with you. I tend to be a slow decider with limited resources. Sometimes I lose out, other times, I don't get burned wasting stuff for little return. 

2 hours ago, Zteev said:

I agree with you. I tend to be a slow decider with limited resources. Sometimes I lose out, other times, I don't get burned wasting stuff for little return. 

btw: with the new PoPs you get 3 GP and MyP orbs, it's even better now, i just spend 1900 nubans to upgrade them all on level 9

4 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Please note that you won’t be able to use the same girls to complete several Places of Power missions at the same time

Now we see the glimpse of knapsacking problem I wondered the first time.

Because as a starter it can happen that you have so few girls, that you need to use e.g. HC to get your CH bracket full.

And when the PoPs in the next rows appear, you might again have the knapsack problem - because the overperformance on PoP 1 might be very much needed on PoP 4 (assumed both are same class).

Still it might be of small practical relevance, as the entrence fee for more and more PoPs is more and more later in the game. Which brings girls anyway for noncasual gamers anyway. 

1 hour ago, Kenrae said:

Please note that you won’t be able to use the same girls to complete several Places of Power missions at the same time

I always suspected that it would be that way once we have more than 1 PoP. Makes sense as well.

Now the first 3 PoP each are focused on an different specialty, so there should be no overlapping here at first. Let's see what girl requirements the next PoPs bring.

But I agree: for an advanced player with a large harem, this shouldn't be an issue at all, there should always be enough girls available to work all PoPs simultaneously at full power.

Edited by Sir Fuck-a-Lot

1 hour ago, DisgustingMarsupial said:

Best time to go for 1st place if you didn't go crazy yesterday. I dumped 40x MP orbs so I have my fingers crossed for success. 

Yes, you're right. Could be a good opportunity. No, I didn't throw everything into the LC, so I think I will look tomorrow how much it will take for the top 4 and then decide to go for it or not.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 2:03 PM, DisgustingMarsupial said:

Best time to go for 1st place if you didn't go crazy yesterday. I dumped 40x MP orbs so I have my fingers crossed for success. 

Here's the result of my contest group:

201022_DC-Pachinko.png.6c8818086d2448a116cd54c6bbcc627e.png

Wasn't that easy, you see? I didn't want to spend that much, so I settled for 3rd place ...

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

I have a question that bothers me, guys 😉 Do you hoard legendary jujubes in your inventory (hoping that in a distant future Kinkoid will buff it) or sell it right away during Sell items contest? 😀 This fucking jujubes triggers me so much. If only you new 🤣

I use them alongside Chlorellas when there's no way I get a top4 , for a cheap top15.

1 hour ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

I have a question that bothers me, guys 😉 Do you hoard legendary jujubes in your inventory (hoping that in a distant future Kinkoid will buff it) or sell it right away during Sell items contest? 😀 This fucking jujubes triggers me so much. If only you new 🤣

Sell them right away, and when Kinkoid make them useful in the future remember it for us to laugh. 😎

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

Really? Do they have some value? I thought they are completely useless.

Well, the amount of ymens they give is so tiny it's more useless, they give you a crit here and there. It's that or not using boosters at all anyway, so, why not.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, miliallia said:

Can I ask silly question? What is better between 4 ginger or 2 ginger + chlorella + cordyceps and all of them is legendary grade? I try to find good solution to make much point in the league

Chlorella are worse than ginseng and cordyceps, the boosters you want to use are those two. They're not awful like jujubes though, and since you get them for "free" (from the mythic pachinko) they have their uses when you don't need to go all out.

4 ginsengs are better in "middle of the pack" battles to maximize points gained, those battles you're going to win anyway but the difference between you and the opponent isn't huge. Cordyceps are the boosters you need against top opposition, in order to win battles you'll lose otherwise or to finish the battle before their second orgasm. They're also optimal against very weak opponents because you can end the fight before their first orgasm.

All of this from the point of view of someone who competes for top 4 in D3 and wants to get max points every season, if you're trying to be 16-30 in D2 it will be very different and other players will be able to give you much better advice than mine.

Also, in the end it depends on both your stats and your opponents' stats, so you need to keep you strategy up to date with changes.

• Like 2

Basically what @Kenrae said; since he's a very high level player he doesnt have to look too precise on what he's doing (even though he most likely does this most of the times). A lot of other high level players just use 2/2 everytime, because they dont really have to bother for a few points.

In my case it's a deciding factor for a top4 d3 spot to look exactly who I fight and when and with what boosters. I usually evaluate (i.e. running a fight simulation on some of them etc.) all opponents on the first day and put them in some categories, like "4 cordy, 4 ginseng, 2/2). Most of time i dont use 4 cordys, either because i hope they will be unboosted at some point or, and that's probably what's new to kenrae's post, because i use mono equipment instead (but of course for some players you need 6 monos + 4 cordys). If I have to use 4 cordys I usually try to avoid to use them on the last day, since I dont want to start the new league with them (in average you lose points using them too much)

Obviously there is much more to fighting in general, like switching alphas etc. pp., but that should be enough to booster usage.

• Like 1