11 hours ago, blaa said:

If you are 'unlucky' your first shards are distributed equivalently and you still have to wait for a long time to see at least one girl. But that's obviously a matter of perspective.

I can confirm this. If I remember correctly the patch note mentioned was implemented while the end of the story was somewhere in the Splatters Archipelago, but since then, the maximum shard difference I had between two girls of the same villain (apart "lucky 100", obviously) was around 20 (not so relevant, if you ask me), so when it came "villain girl drop time" I had villain girls drop in the arc of a couple weeks or even less (excluding the days when I was pounding other villains, like during events).

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 5:56 AM, Chthugha said:

I would add that people think it is very normal for k to be 1000, but always question G for a billion. k = kilo = 10^3 = 1000. So by the same system M and G are the logical next steps. So yeah, it always puzzles me that people are so used to the prefixes k, M, G, T when it comes before bytes, but never make the connection elsewhere.

A significant part of the reason that occurs is that numeric large-scale denominating of things, particularly money, predates the denominating of computer terms and many other things that use decimal prefixes.

The abbreviation (at least in dollars) for Millions and Trillions have always been M & T, although I've rarely worked with numbers of dollars in the Trillions. Millions used to be an everyday occurrence in some of my old jobs. 

1 minute ago, Zteev said:

A significant part of the reason that occurs is that numeric large-scale denominating of things, particularly money, predates the denominating of computer terms and many other things that use decimal prefixes.

The abbreviation (at least in dollars) for Millions and Trillions have always been M & T, although I've rarely worked with numbers of dollars in the Trillions. Millions used to be an everyday occurrence in some of my old jobs. 

I am just saying that it makes no sense if you also at the same time use k for thousand.
M and T for million and trillion is fine, if you don't use k for thousand, because then it's consistent.
If you use k for thousand it becomes inconsistent.

1 minute ago, Chthugha said:

I am just saying that it makes no sense if you also at the same time use k for thousand.
M and T for million and trillion is fine, if you don't use k for thousand, because then it's consistent.
If you use k for thousand it becomes inconsistent.

I understand. I can tell you that "G" (for Grand) was very common for a long time here in the US. I'm not sure of when "K" for thousands of dollars took over as more dominant an expression.

You will still hear grand or "G's" used, but I think that's a mostly US thing.

2 hours ago, Zteev said:

I understand. I can tell you that "G" (for Grand) was very common for a long time here in the US. I'm not sure of when "K" for thousands of dollars took over as more dominant an expression.

You will still hear grand or "G's" used, but I think that's a mostly US thing.

Could you adopt the standard metric and decimal system used worldwide already? :P 

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Could you adopt the standard metric and decimal system used worldwide already? :P 

They only doing it because they want to be different than the English which is why use a dumbed down version of the English language to be different.

• Sad 1

I'm considering using x1 epic orbs to try and win the girls in Epic days. There is a probability of epic pachinko being cheaper than purchasing Combativity points with bad drop rates. It might be doable for me since I have cleared the whole pachinko and only the event girls are left.

What do you guys think of this approach

Would it be a mistake?

2 hours ago, Fiel said:

I'm considering using x1 epic orbs to try and win the girls in Epic days. There is a probability of epic pachinko being cheaper than purchasing Combativity points with bad drop rates. It might be doable for me since I have cleared the whole pachinko and only the event girls are left.

What do you guys think of this approach

Would it be a mistake?

Horrendous mistake, because these girls aren't event girls, they're permanent pachinko girls that also happen to be on a boss. Free combativity at full towards one, refill on the final day to finish that one off if you're still short and don't want the second. Leave obtaining the 2nd one until when you're trying for actual event girls later.

1 hour ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Horrendous mistake, because these girls aren't event girls, they're permanent pachinko girls that also happen to be on a boss. Free combativity at full towards one, refill on the final day to finish that one off if you're still short and don't want the second. Leave obtaining the 2nd one until when you're trying for actual event girls later.

Sounds like a reasonable plan. Thanks, I didn't realise Wendy and Giovanna where two new pachinko girls. At first I simply assumed they were random pacihinko exclusive  girls from past events.

Is it a rule of thumb for Epic days to feature standard Epic pachinko girls, and not girls from events?

Edited by Fiel

50 minutes ago, Fiel said:

Sounds like a reasonable plan. Thanks, I didn't realise Wendy and Giovanna where two new pachinko girls. At first I simply assumed they were random pacihinko exclusive  girls from past events.

Is it a rule of thumb for Epic days to feature standard Epic pachinko girls, and not girls from events?

No, it's a hard rule. Literally all girls ever in Epic Days are permanent Pachinko girls.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

2 new banners in Sex Friends menu for 750 kobans total. Check it out, guys 😉

Thanks for the tip, but I see no new ones, even after logging out and back in. Could it be recent-ish ones that I've already done but you only noticed today (like Angry Bangers from a couple days ago)? Otherwise I might need to empty my cache or something.

1 minute ago, DvDivXXX said:

Thanks for the tip, but I see no new ones, even after logging out and back in. Could it be recent-ish ones that I've already done but you only noticed today (like Angry Bangers from a couple days ago)? Otherwise I might need to empty my cache or something.

Yes, it's about Angry Bangers. And apparently Hentai Sex School has somehow newly shown up for some players, while others (including me) already had that back in March.

1 minute ago, _shal_ said:

Yes, it's about Angry Bangers. And apparently Hentai Sex School has somehow newly shown up for some players, while others (including me) already had that back in March.

This explains it, thanks. I've already completed both as well.

On 9/14/2020 at 1:34 PM, _shal_ said:

I did all my sex friend options last month, and this account is up since June this year. I didn't have Hentai Sex School available up until now. Seems like a bug.

2 hours ago, windia said:

A true ghost^^

true_ghost.png.8684c3c1a89cd68a0d94cb76048c8afc.png

(no, no image blocking active while screenshottin - it should not be any reason on it, just for sake)

(yes, I can click his profile and yes, with the ID I find him in ToF)

Name change to... spaces?

2 hours ago, Kenrae said:

Name change to... spaces?

I never thought of playing around with the nickname system. Even as I know it allows duplicates.

I posted it here as I found it funny to see a "ghosted" name together with a ghost-looking player icon. Even if this might be intended as a sperm drop.

nevermind.

By the way, if I rememember correctly, some weeks ago the patch notes reported about a Q&A session on Discord, with the annotation that a transcript of the session would have been posted afterwards. Did I miss it or nothing was posted here?

Edited by Observer_X
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, windia said:

If I'm not mistaken, at least one contest's points got rebalanced again (screens from closed contests):

Nice catch. The "sell items" part of various contests has also gone from 60 to 50; that change seems a bit pointless.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 2