22 hours ago, Kenrae said:

Someone has gone too fast and now can't beat the level 500 opponent, it seems xD 

image.thumb.png.88fdb53af01fc4e4dad357e966e1f546.png

21 hours ago, holymolly said:

No need to hurry even further .. he´s just taking his time probably.pretending-to-be-happy-hiding-crying-behind-a-mask-meme-template-8b71e.jpg

EDIT: @Kenrae you now what? maybe he´s just smart and was waiting for todays contest to claim taurus  😮 (well a few points in league would be lost probably but ^^)

Well it's been less than a day and he's up to 510 so I'm not sure if he was stuck or if he just didn't want to spend any more kobans.

10 hours ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

@La Kajira I had 22, 10 and 16... What can I say? Roulette, slot machine 😀 you spin and watch 😮

Yea, the numbers are all over the place. There's an absolutely massive difference between getting a crit while opponent doesn't and not getting one when opponent does. Funny thing is, 22/10/16 may sometimes not even be a tiny chance to happen on this system. I mean, it is low, but...not ridiculously so. A relatively comparable opponent, or slightly stronger than you...an extra crit here or there...
It's hilarious tho. And demonstrates how much luck plays a role now

Found a couple in my league where I wouldn't put it past the RNG to give me a similar result if I got forced to fight their boosted selves
What's interesting is how the chances jump up and down erratically from number to number (as crits can now easily skip a few potential results) instead of the more-or-less "smooth" curve of the previous system 

101622.png

Edited by La Kajira

League reward "balance" is coming I suppose 😮

I just saw that on the test server, has anyone an active account and could maybe share the higher league rewards ?

Koban rewards got rebalanced it seems

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-26 um 13.09.10.png

Thanks @GeorgeMTO for the link!

So overall.. probably quite a good change (for the not too competitive players at least) but once again less orbs ??
And no replace for the shards? I mean it wouldn´t hurt them to at least give us Epic flowers :/ .. it´s not like we´re still millions behind on affection ..yeah idk about that changes

Quick mental math says going for a free top 15 in D3 gives a lot better reward than spending on boosters to get higher. Gotta land the first spot to make up for it. Unless you have to get a refill. Then even the first spot is not worth it.
Unless people adjust and start using only the boosters that are abundant for free. But that would just hand the first spot to anyone who spends a bit to get an edge. 

The league rewards certainly can use some adjustments. But given how costly getting the first few spots in D3 can be...I'd say those particular rewards got hit too hard. Especially once more players start hitting max lvl and the competition becomes tougher for everyone. Which was the actual problem - that for a very long time there was just a handful of players who could get those spots almost unchallenged...week after week. That's coming to an end one way or another. And yes, first spot reward was kinda too high. But cutting it in half? Making it barely worth the effort and expense (in comparison to just grabbing a top 15 spot for free...by those who can anyway. For the rest that's too expensive as well and are again better off grabbing whatever is available for free).
A no-boosters meta would be kind of sweet tho ^^

Edited by La Kajira
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Kenrae said:

Where have I seen something similar to that? 🤔

🤭

That's suspiciously similar ^^ 
A fun thing is...they would be fairly fine as far as costs to winning ratios go (until we get enough lvl 500 folk to fill half of D3 brackets anyway). Before the recent increase of booster related costs that is. Now it's likely to become one hell of a risky investment.

Edited by La Kajira
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, La Kajira said:

That's suspiciously similar ^^ 
A fun thing is...they would be fairly fine as far as costs to winning ratios go (until we get enough lvl 500 folk to fill half of D3 brackets anyway). Before the recent increase of booster related costs that is. Now it's likely to become one hell of a risky investment.

Yeah, that was done before mythic boosters and BDSM...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Yeah, that was done before mythic boosters and BDSM...

Yea...and now that I think about it, there's a bit of a pattern with KK when it comes to player feedback and advice. Stuff getting adjusted after a year or three of people talking about it. Ideally shortly after it stops being relevant, or up to date. Seems like we're spamming them too much...they're a year behind with reading...we should let them catch up a bit :D 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, La Kajira said:

Yea...and now that I think about it, there's a bit of a pattern with KK when it comes to player feedback and advice. Stuff getting adjusted after a year or three of people talking about it. Ideally shortly after it stops being relevant, or up to date. Seems like we're spamming them too much...they're a year behind with reading...we should let them catch up a bit :D 

no forum superstar for you then

@Kenraehe meant the PS he was given at the bottom of an unrelated post in the thread to go check his profile page instead of just giving the instruction there. I also won't comment on the rest, but I find it very weird that someone so opinionated on formal moderator behaviour had issue with a formal note being attached for a rule breaking incident so that mods had a record of it being informed of.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

@Kenraehe meant the PS he was given at the bottom of an unrelated post in the thread to go check his profile page instead of just giving the instruction there. I also won't comment on the rest, but I find it very weird that someone so opinionated on formal moderator behaviour had issue with a formal note being attached for a rule breaking incident so that mods had a record of it being informed of.

Oh, I thought it meant something like Private System 😂 . Fair enough.

On 10/26/2021 at 7:02 PM, La Kajira said:

But most important... do I get some kobans for being the mastermind behind this rework? :P

Edited by Kenrae

Oh, come on, I've just got a 500 server error right now, 20 minutes before the league and contest end! The only thing I was doing was throwing cash to today's contest 😭

I'm lucky I had already finished my league fights! But I won't be able to be there when the next one starts :(.

EDIT: And now trying to play with my phone I got it too! It's as if they changed the threshold to something ridiculously low!

Edited by Kenrae
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Oh, come on, I've just got a 500 server error right now, 20 minutes before the league and contest end! The only thing I was doing was throwing cash to today's contest 😭

I'm lucky I had already finished my league fights! But I won't be able to be there when the next one starts :(.

EDIT: And now trying to play with my phone I got it too! It's as if they changed the threshold to something ridiculously low!

had the same yesterday, really sucked

The bonus health from countering in the 5 element circle is no longer lost on the first hit received. But it does prevent healing as long as your current health is higher than base. Not sure if that's intentional. But since the health displayed is not shown as above 100% and the score appears to be calculated from percentage of boosted, my guess would be it's not supposed to do that.

• Like 4