4 minutes ago, Inuzuka said:

Can't collect the daily login reward because that page/tab of the chest was apparently removed during the update.

The free Period deals now replace the Daily Rewards feature.

37 minutes ago, Inuzuka said:

After the update, there are free offers in the daily period deals that gives 15 energy and 1 kiss, the weekly period deal of 15 combativity, and the monthly period deals of 180 kobans and 3 epic orbs.

Oh, you're the one that posted that in the gift code thread, then you should know it was replaced.

The "chest" notification at the top right is probably a visual bug.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

The "chest" notification at the top right is [100%] a visual bug.

Among a bunch more (and a more than visual bug where you get into a loop of unplayability after trying to access your Profile and/or the New Shop). Fun times!

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Inuzuka said:

Can't collect the daily login reward because that page/tab of the chest was apparently removed during the update.

It would seem, there are now Daily, Weekly & Monthly Rewards, but instead of having their own page, they are on the corresponding tabs under "Period Deals".  Once claimed it disappears instead of getting a check mark, and there is some glitch; either there's another reward i cannot find, or i have found & claimed all rewards & the Rewards icon box visual isn't going away.

I am going to open tickets about this as this is additional frustration on top of losing a few hours game time & getting snipped in Contests.

If not "WTF", we need at least a "Good grief!", "Damnit WHY?!?" & "AAArrrggghhh!" emotes...

@Tohru - Kinkoid, please?

Edited by Karxan
  • Like 1
  • Hug 3

il y a 23 minutes, Karxan a dit :

or i have found & claimed all rewards & the Rewards icon box visual isn't going away.

The rewards icon is a remnant of the calendar rewards, that no longer exist. But apparently there are still a piece of this feature there somewhere in the backend, which would explain why the notification is still visible.

Free bundles are not related to the Reward icon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, holymolly said:

so @Pelinor would you mind unboosting or do I have to take you out fully boosted :P ?

I'm always unboosted on Sunday mornings (from the close of old contests to roughly 30 minutes after the new dailies start). Nothing I can do about that since the real-life hospital dispatches come first, and I'm the only medical dispatcher on duty at that time of the week. 🙃

As to why I've been boosted this week, my goal was to have a winning season by series (a series is a 3-round set against another player, for those who don't know).

You had me fooled for a couple of days into thinking you were going for a cheap and easy top 4 finish instead of the more difficult 1st place. Congrats 😃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Karxan said:

If not "WTF", we need at least a "Good grief!", "Damnit WHY?!?" & "AAArrrggghhh!" emotes...

@Tohru - Kinkoid, please?

In all seriousness, we really don't. ANY negative smiley would inevitably end up being used in a toxic manner to mock fellow players and/or to defy and hopefully hurt yours truly('s feelings) as was the case with WTF for so long.

I'm mentioning this just to be on the safe side, as although your comment itself looked tongue-in-cheek to me, the fact you pinged Tohru hints that you might have been at least half-serious about it.

• Like 1

I've had a mild scare earlier on today as I got the "You don't have access to that feature" thing initially, but reloading the page I was then able to equip new boosters. Actually opening the Market then navigating to the "My Hero" and then "Boosters" tabs seemed to help.

In general it looks like in this patch, shortcuts (including some from the HH++ script) may or may not lead you to a bug instead of where you wanted to go.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

In all seriousness, we really don't. ANY negative smiley would inevitably end up being used in a toxic manner to mock fellow players and/or to defy and hopefully hurt yours truly('s feelings) as was the case with WTF for so long.

I'm mentioning this just to be on the safe side, as although your comment itself looked tongue-in-cheek to me, the fact you pinged Tohru hints that you might have been at least half-serious about it.

At the time, i was more than half-serious about it.  I was very unhappy & wanted to express my displeasure.  The exploitation of those (to me harmless) emotes by toxic persons aiming to do harm simply had not occurred to me.

In hindsight you're probably right.  It sucks that there's such a huge percentage of people that should know better but act like spoiled brats & toxic asshats.  i'm reminded of what you said to @FinderKeeper in an old post, "This is why we can't have nice things".

• Hug 1

7 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I think you give too much significance and hidden intentions to the emoticons people use. For example WTF can be just a surprise reaction to something you cannot understand or seem illogical to you, and not trying to put down the person.

Another issue is that just by not allowing the option to express a negative feeling or emotion to something you dislike doesn't make it dissapear, it just reminds me of when some popular websites only allowed you to give possitive reactions. How are you going to know what people dislike if they cannot express it?

And if I have to select between multiple reaction icons that only give possitive reactions, a single like icon would just suffice.

• Like 5
  • Thinking 2
  • Hearts 1

9 hours ago, Pelinor said:

I'm always unboosted on Sunday mornings (from the close of old contests to roughly 30 minutes after the new dailies start). Nothing I can do about that since the real-life hospital dispatches come first, and I'm the only medical dispatcher on duty at that time of the week. 🙃

As to why I've been boosted this week, my goal was to have a winning season by series (a series is a 3-round set against another player, for those who don't know).

You had me fooled for a couple of days into thinking you were going for a cheap and easy top 4 finish instead of the more difficult 1st place. Congrats 😃

It´s more that I didn´t really have time to catch up on fights rather than fooling you :D
Thx though I guess :)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jelom said:

I think you give too much significance and hidden intentions to the emoticons people use. For example WTF can be just a surprise reaction to something you cannot understand or seem illogical to you, and not trying to put down the person.

Another issue is that just by not allowing the option to express a negative feeling or emotion to something you dislike doesn't make it dissapear, it just reminds me of when some popular websites only allowed you to give possitive reactions. How are you going to know what people dislike if they cannot express it?

And if I have to select between multiple reaction icons that only give possitive reactions, a single like icon would just suffice.

Agree to disagree on all counts and then some.

Sites that have a binary upvote or downvote system like Reddit tend to lead to pretty ridiculous biases. Any given post or thread is either ignored, upvoted like crazy or downvoted into oblivion. These are basically the three typical options, and none of them is healthy.

Sites that only give you the ability to like (or let you dislike but hide it) like YouTube are almost as bad, maybe worse, even. On Reddit it's not unusual to end up with dozens of downvotes for a simple mistake or just voicing an unpopular opinion, but at least when something truly vile is posted the system tends to work as in that stuff gets downvoted to hell.

Sites with a gazillion options and the ability to react a million times to the same post, like Discord, lead to a very high toxicity level and also make it very hard for legit feedback trends, positive or negative, to surface from emoji reactions.

A forum is a place of discussion and exchange and we're here to communicate with WORDS first and foremost. Reaction emoticons are not here to replace words, and 99.99% of posts are made by fellow players, not officical company representatives. And even when actual Kinkoid employees like Tohru post here, it's more subtle than just them copy-pasting an official statement from the company (more often than not they're just trying to help and make communication easier both ways). Reacting to a post here is by default reacting to a person, not "The Company". We can and I do criticize Kinkoid for predatory business practices, bad turns in the game directions, poorly implemented content, and many more legit things, but this cannot be done with emojis on this forum. Ever seen a post by Rosso? Or Fab(ien) back when he was the lead writer and responsible for many controversial decisions as well? No. We TELL them it's not cool to fuck players over, we TELL them casual homophobia shows in your writing especially when you're not subtle at all about it. We can't convey such messages through one lazy click.

We have no need for the ability to passively send fellow community members negative vibes in a cowardly way that can't be answered to directly. It was an unhealthy option to have, and I will not name names, but there has always been at least 3-4 people at any given time regularly using the one negative smiley just to be cunts to me in particular (and a couple other people  too, mostly in the past) while keeping technically safe from moderation for it. I'm pretty sure the fact they felt safe to do so and knew that I was offended by it were incentives for them.

If you have nothing nice to say to someone, say nothing. That's a good rule I recommend to everyone in general and not just on this forum. Personal attacks are not allowed, and passive personal attacks over countless posts and across 3-4 years was the worst thing there ever was about this forum, structurally.

We're here to discuss. We're not here to harass, belittle, or insult anyone. To be clear, we can absolutely be very vocal about STUFF we don't like and bad ACTIONS or IDEAS. But even in that context, if it got to personal attacks against even Rosso, I would moderate the fuck out of it. I have beef with how he's running the company, how he's looking at the player base, and the direction he's taking the game in in general. But I don't and won't attack him as a person.

Now, there's more than a tidbit of grey area here and there. Calling out incompetence, poor skills, lack of knowledge about a topic, or unhealthy biases in someone in charge, even when those issues are very evident, the points are well made and the focus is on the negative consequences those things have on the game and our experience of it, which is typically the case of our criticism of Kinkoid's decisions most of the time, CAN still be perceived as a personal attack by the people in question. They probably are, by default I'm afraid, and that's probably why they're ignored instead of giving them incentives to question their ways and try to improve. There's a fine line, we are not fucking robots. That's why we need human moderators for this community, too, and ChatGPT isn't quite about to replace me (well... maybe I shouldn't put the idea in Rosso's head, come to think of it. ^^).

It's also why we need toxic people NOT to have easy tools to passively harass mods or anyone else without engaging in conversation (or in a couple of specific cases, after failing to understand one another through conversation). This is a forum. We're here to discuss.

Now, this of course brought back tons of memories and painful experiences and I basically ended up writing a long-ass thesis about how bad the influence of former lead writer Fab was on the game and some of its culture, and how important it is to still refrain from flat out insulting even him. I'll leave it in Spoilers, I guess. Reader discretion is advised. ^^

Spoiler

FAB being blatantly homophobic and having very outdated and intolerant views on most non-vanilla kinks and fetishes was also a big problem, because he was in charge of writing the story and framing those things for years and he made fun of any male liking their prostate stimulated in a very unacceptable manner in the story and dialogue itself on many occasions. He also made himself a Mary Sue in Fabienne which was offensive in many ways. He made her a gay female to prevent her from having heterosexual interactions with the hero, which would have felt "gay" to him due to the double-whammy of him failing to separate himself from his art (literally making a Mary Sue and reacting as if what happens to that character happens to the real you is bad writing 101) and being insecure as hell in his own masculinity, or however you want to call it, but it's very palpable (and I'm just talking about HH; you don't want to know how GayHarem players felt about having him contribute there as well).

He's also the one who decided  we shouldn't have nice things and fought tooth and nails for female "villains" not to become collectible characters for years. It's no coincidence we started getting them after he stopped being in charge (the last I heard he was still a freelance writer for the company, but he stopped calling the shots or having a say in those things at least a year or two ago).

This was an elephant in the room for years, heavily discussed behind "closed doors" on Discord but rarely voiced point blank on the forum or other official channels (except by a few of us many times, but that never got any traction).

The fact that this guy had the position he had for so many years as the Lead Writer while being the way he is also reflects very poorly on Rosso and Kinkoid in general in my opinion. You can't grab quick and easy Tolerance Points every other Q&A or cheap PR move by calling GayHarem or TransPsH "pet projects" and implying you're super open and tolerant about all sexual orientations and at the same time let someone run the same type of terrible "ewww not in my ass, that's gay!" jokes in your main game for years, dude. Practice what you preach or don't preach at all.

But I don't wish any ill or harm to this person. I'm just extremely glad they're no longer in charge as I was extremely offended by what they got away with while they were. I hope they'll open their shakras a bit someday, and that they're not causing anyone any harm or bullying them in real life or wherever they've moved to professionally, but I don't care about them either way. I cared that they were the source of a lot of offending content while they were in charge here, though.

And I'm still looking forward to a Fabienne variant where SHE, the character, starts having sex with the hero, because it was based off of him a billion years ago, but most characters in this game start out as parodies of something or other. I start giving a fuck about them when they grow and become characters in their own right in the Haremverse. I don't want rule34 of FAB, the former lead writer of the game. But I'd like Fabienne, the HH character, to get in line with the basic Haremverse rules.

Having said that, it's again a fine line and had we opened the floodgates while he was still around, we would almost certainly have had a lot of personal attacks coming both ways. I don't know if it was worth holding for that long though. We have moderators to keep the forum clean and safe, after all.

TL;DR: Agree to disagree. More power to you if you're not affected by people harassing me. I am. Good luck have fun.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 2
  • Hug 1

@DvDivXXXI'll just butt in here with a way shorter post than yours but I feel like I should. I know I've used the WTF reaction on some of your comments in the past, especially when I was new on the forums. It was never meant as a harassment and I don't think it's healthy to see forum emotes as such (but let's not derail it this way).

For me it was the only reaction I could use to convey disagreement without going into comment wars and to be brutally honest, it might've helped that you have a tendency for sharing your views in a very adamant and sometimes borderline arrogant to people who are new here. So I just didn't want to engage in a discussion with you, but I felt the need to share my opinion in some way.

So for me it was a harmless and emotionally pretty neutral feedback, sorry if you took it differently, it wasn't meant like that. Stay safe!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hearts 1

@garadron Thanks for your honesty and positive vibes, much appreciated. Well, you were definitely one of many folks who initially perceived me as an arrogant dickhead due to my speech patterns and tendency to be brutally honest and use a lot of slang (and the usual issue that we can all have with written communication that it can lack a tone and non-verbal cues and sometimes we attribute a "voice" to someone that doesn't fit them at all, but it can take time to realize).

You're also definitely one of many folks who came to know me a bit and notice their first impression was very far-removed from who I actually am and what my intentions actually are for this community in general and any individual I interact with in particular. The change was very noticeable for me, and I respect and appreciate you more for it, to be honest. Methos, Omer, Sucsa, obviously Karxan and plenty others had similar road bumps in their exchanges with me I'd say. And I'm pretty sure we're good now, them and I (at least I damn well hope so ^^).

Also, I'm only human and I went well out of my way to dissipate misunderstandings with so many people on this forum over the years, even and perhaps even more when they were initially insulting me and feeling like I was insulting them. I've made a few changes here and there as concessions or occasionally because I just agreed with a suggested change in my approach. I've almost stopped using the term "noob" entirely, even though in my culture it's still a very common and very harmless term and nowhere near an insult, because most people on this forum happened to perceive it as such, notably.

But I'm not changing who I am just to please people with unreasonable or plain misinformed expectations of who I should be. Especially not the kings of confusion over the years who insisted they knew better than me or Kinkoid what the role Kinkoid gave me on this forum is or should  be. Fuck that noise.

Others that I will still not name never learned and a few even went to great lengths to paint me as the comically evil and pathetic mod on a power-trip they initially imagined me as, sadly. Those are the main ones I'm glad we removed the toxic smiley for. One guy in particular basically never posts, but reacts to everything all of the time and typically added a "WTF" to any and all moderation post I've ever made. I can only imagine in his mind he's fighting the power or some shit. Don't know, don't care. Glad he can now hug me and keep shutting up, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hug 2

i might be running silent for a bit, as i'll need to shut the browser down soon, debug & reboot.

i had some nice screens before the last video card crash; i had beaten "Mando" in HH Seasons, then twice more in CXH Seasons, i mean, what are the odds?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Personal attacks are not allowed, and passive personal attacks over countless posts and across 3-4 years

Thinking: "Wait, is this referring to me? Well, I criticized Div a few times but I usually try to be constructive, ... except that very time I went a bit mad. I hope him to have forgiven me."

5 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Agree to disagree. More power to you if you're not affected by people harassing me. I am. Good luck have fun.

Sighs of relief: "It seems he was not referring to me but to other malevolent entities that seem to plague our beloved forum."

Sorry for the dramatization, I am just trying to put a bit of humour on it.

And you are wrong, I feel bad when people attack you, but as I am seeing it from the outside I don't get very emotionally involved (I would if they were criticizing me), and of course, you are more than capable to defend yourself, and you never leave comments unanswered. Your wall of text spell level is maxed (I envy you for that, mine is just level 2 and deplete all of my mana, I wish it could be raised by grinding as we do with XP in this game) and as the game take more and more of our time I have less time to write and even to read the forum.

Keep doing your good job and take it easy, my friend.

• Like 4
  • uwu 1