Regarding the "noob" being misunderstood I always saw it as a strictly pejorative word and something that doesn't mean that someone is "new" to the game but rather they have enough experience to know how to play but still sucks. So I'd probably never use it in a way that wasn't supposed to be insulting to the person called "noob". The neutral word for new players that ask basic questions and don't know the mechanics yet I use is "newbie"

So I guess it's not a stretch to interpret "noob question" negatively.

Communication is a fascinating thing btw. There's a lot of elements between "what I want to convey" and "what the other person understood", like the words used, voice, face expressions, the noise between the people communicating, their personal background and cultural references etc that make it really hard to avoid misunderstandings. Especially when you start removing some important elements in online communication.

That's why people on reddit started writing "/s" after jokes as in a programming language saying "end sarcasm". Also why emotes can help a bit, because they add emotions to the text.

• Like 3

depending on how things go in the next 20-ish minutes, i may loose internet for a few weeks...

Edit 10;46pm; I am w/o a router/hub for i don't know how long, i have a weak signal from a store.  it'll be touch & go for a while.

be good.

Edited by Karxan
  • Hug 2

@OmerB Congrats. No, the script just keeps count of the Player XP you keep gathering beyond the cap, in case that's useful someday (like, broken record mode on: if they eventually deliver on the proposed Hero's Journey Feature, which was designed to work with total PXP accumulated rather than Hero Level).

• Surprised :O 1

4 minuti fa, Liliat ha scritto:

Everyone's a club leader now, congrats! 😛

The new patch broke a bunch of stuff in the Club and Chat (and maybe other places)

So it is something new, but at the same time it is nothing new

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, holymolly said:

it´s your chance to finally kick your club leader

don´t tell @Liliatthough

Even if, you now very well it wouldn't work that way. 🙄
But nice try. Hhmmm 🤔
Maybe I could try to kick @Ravi-Sama

(Bad thoughts, bad Doggy)

----

But thinking about it, if everyone is co-leader and they all agree, maybe than it is a new feature to kick the leader...

Edited by Der DinX
  • Haha 5

hey, i couldnt come online a few days, is it normal that when you werent online, and or didnt collect any leage rewards from the last one and the current leage hasstarted but  only 20 hours left, that you cant join the leage? last time i was in Diktator1 now i cant press Join, and the symbols are grey. Anyone has experience, should i only wait 20 hours and then everything is normal again?

image.png.f9f5b2034dbfd71510d7a176a4895861.png

Edited by geilermann
typos
  • Thinking 1

4 hours ago, geilermann said:

hey, i couldnt come online a few days, is it normal that when you werent online, and or didnt collect any leage rewards from the last one and the current leage hasstarted but  only 20 hours left, that you cant join the leage? last time i was in Diktator1 now i cant press Join, and the symbols are grey. Anyone has experience, should i only wait 20 hours and then everything is normal again?

image.png.f9f5b2034dbfd71510d7a176a4895861.png

It happens if you don't partake in any league fight for more than two weeks. If you click on join it let's you in. You'll probably have to start over from the very first league (I'm not 100% sure about this last point)

3 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Maybe this club challenge feature is gonna be added soon, if they're messing w/ clubs.

image.png

Is this from the test server or was it from one of the past surveys/posts about future content? (sorry for the double post)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Antimon said:

It happens if you don't partake in any league fight for more than two weeks. If you click on join it let's you in. You'll probably have to start over from the very first league (I'm not 100% sure about this last point)

ah oke now it worked it just needed a few hours  to join the league  haha at the moment its more bug heroes than Hentai

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Antimon said:

Is this from the test server or was it from one of the past surveys/posts about future content? (sorry for the double post)

It's from around Nov 2022, when there was a survey.

No worries, I merged your posts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2023 at 4:37 AM, DvDivXXX said:

Sorry to hear that. I went to great lengths to communicate as well as possible the reasoning behind every warning and temp ban I gave you (I'm not the only mod who had to moderate some of your posts, IIRC), as well as why I gave you your mod-approval post restriction (and why I think it's best for both you and the forum to maintain it). I know you've always perceived it as a punishment or something negative but the purpose has always been to keep you around with us (while preventing you from making more bannable posts and ending up perma-banned eventually).

I'll re-review your moderation history to see if in retrospect it seems that I (or others) went too hard on you at any point. In any case, I wish you believed me when I tell you that it's never been personal (in the negative bias sense; on the contrary my latest judgment calls in your case had the positive bias of "I don't want to ban this guy, so what other options do I have?"). Very sorry if I still hurt your feelings, that was never my intention.

I understand that. I said you had a bumpy road in your exchanges with me, as did others I mentioned (and others yet who recognized themselves). I didn't say there was the exact same bumps on that road.

I already told you what I think of your activity on the forum multiple times, don't you remember? I think you're a nice and interesting regular contributor. I like a lot of your posts and I appreciate your presence. I've had plenty of pleasant exchanges with you and I generally have a good time reading you.

Hide contents

My only issue is you've had a pattern of making unacceptable posts every now and then, out of the blue. But we never understood each other on that and it's part of the problem: we're not on the same page on what's okay to post or not, you and I. And you're not willing to accept my moderation of (some of) your content. Hence your repeated pleas for me to lift your mod-approval restriction, and your report(s?) against me that were reviewed by my fellow mod(s) at the time, who found no valid complaints on how I've moderated you. And crucially, the fact that each time your training wheels got lifted, you ended up making a bannable post soon thereafter, which we had to moderate since we no longer had the chance to review it and not approve it beforehand.

You're not alone with this special status I essentially came up with. I'm pretty proud of setting this up, too, because the alternative would have eventually been a permaban. There were several other regulars in the past who mods really, really, didn't want to have to ban, because most of their content was good or even great contributions, but who had a similar (not identical) problematic behavior at unpredictable times, and who were not following our warnings and required moderation again and again, and eventually reached the point of no return where a permaban was our only option, even if we didn't feel great about it. This status has been keeping multiple regulars perfectly safe from themselves and from moderation for about half a year or so, now. You seem to be the only one from that group to actively resent it rather than appreciate it or at least understand the intention is good and accept it.

Plus you're in Holy's club, man (in which there also used to be Finder, so two thirds of this forum's mod team not so long ago). If you still disagree with this forum's moderation and feel you've been treated unfairly after all the exchanges you had with me on the forum and two other mods in your club's chat, it seems unlikely you ever will.

Anyhow. I'll give your history another fresh look and re-review it just in case. We might have a chat on Discord or through Holy if that helps. I feel we've already gone a bit too deep on your specific case here. Could still be interesting for some who might be curious to have a sneak peek on this forum's moderation process. But past a certain point, it's your story and it doesn't need to be public.

Are you sure that the hidden part of your message was referring to me? Or to someone else? 🤔

I was never on holy's club, I'm the proud leader of Les Culottes Legandaireswhich is a great and old club :) (although it takes some time, and I'm getting tired).

I was with Finder on Darkyz club on CxH, until Finder has quit.

Even more, I don't think that I ever posted something that was so horrible, to justify a Perma-ban. It's just not my style to write such awful things on a this forum. You can go over my posts, and give me a referrence, direct me to a post I made that justify a ban. I did ask some questions on events, where I thought that it was okay, but I saw here veteran forum users that wrote much "worse" things.

Spoiler

The "worst" thing that I wrote, you may be referring to that, was my personal preferances, in a thread that was about... the lower / backwards parts of a man's body, and whether we should see them on HH. I did so quite politely, iirc. I didn't bash anyone nor any group of people. On the contrary, I stand for the right of people to see and do what they like, as long as they're not hurtnig anyone else. If that was what you meant, as a something that justifies a Perma-ban... 🤷‍♀️I saw much worse thing that you've written. So, I still think that it wasn't justified, and by what you wrote, it seems like you don't quite remember, or mixing me with someone else. And you didn't even put me on a Mod approval after that.

Or maybe you were referring to the songs that I've written? I thought about writing a song about an evil Mod 😆 Not sure whether you'll approve it 😅

You put me on a Mod approval after I asked a theoretical question about MG. Like there is so much discussion on the MG thread. I even put an elaborated calculation that I've made after that, answering my question (comparing ego and attack bonused MG). You thought that it was dumb, and I didn't agree with you.

Edited by OmerB
  • Thinking 1
  • Hug 1

12 hours ago, OmerB said:

I'm the proud leader of Les Culottes Legandaires,

I remember that club from regularly having opponents in league who belong to it, but I had no idea you were the leader of this particular club until now. Now that you mention it, I remember you mentioning you were a club leader, so yeah my fuzzy memory almost certainly mixed up your case with someone else's here at least in that regard. Sorry about that and thanks for pointing it out. I did moderate a shit ton of posts over the years and I don't remember every case by heart.

Other things you mention do ring a bell, but our versions of events (and most importantly intentions) don't match at all, and that fits with what I remember was a big part of the issue. Like in the MG thread, you initially posted a QA-level question and I've offered to split that to its own QA thread rather than derailing what was the big talk of the day at the time. You disagreed (which is fine) and you chose to ignore my instructions and kept posting in the MG thread instead (which is not fine). But that was just one incident in a continuum.

I'll definitely make a complete and clean re-review of your moderation history as soon as I can. Cheers.

• Like 3

Possible bug?

I've completed Stage 4 at Champion 1 which means I should either receive 35 shards for the girl on him OR one piece of Legendary eq but it seems that I got neither. Girl is still at 0 and I don't have a Romero specific equipment

image.png.602841d2c526d0498b9dc668bbcc1a9f.png

image.png.be47607b33c8444da2d10da46f5bd61c.png

Edit: and my Romero current status

image.png.84e0cc147e92dc22fbc2745b693c6b10.png

Edited by garadron
  • Thinking 1
  • Hug 1

@garadron Can you try filtering your items by non-favorites, legendary only, and maybe scroll down a bit? It might be there but not showing by default due to the market only loading 100 items at a time by default (although it should appear near the top with the default sorting, but you never know).

The first ninja themed item I was able to find was after the market had to load more items for the 4th time so I doubt it is this one.

I'm not 100% sure if I had that legendary helmet before beating Romero (on the screen in my previous comment), but the game says that we'll get an item from an "exlusive legendary set". Unless they changed it to generic items and forgot to edit the tooltip?

• Thinking 1

3 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

The issue with everybody appearing as a Club Leader seems to have been fixed now.

In my club still everyone is marked with the leader icon. And I still have a button to kick the actual leader (which I think is not how it should work)

• Sad 1
  • Surprised :O 1

5 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I remember that club from regularly having opponents in league who belong to it, but I had no idea you were the leader of this particular club until now. Now that you mention it, I remember you mentioning you were a club leader, so yeah my fuzzy memory almost certainly mixed up your case with someone else's here at least in that regard. Sorry about that and thanks for pointing it out. I did moderate a shit ton of posts over the years and I don't remember every case by heart.

Other things you mention do ring a bell, but our versions of events (and most importantly intentions) don't match at all, and that fits with what I remember was a big part of the issue. Like in the MG thread, you initially posted a QA-level question and I've offered to split that to its own QA thread rather than derailing what was the big talk of the day at the time. You disagreed (which is fine) and you chose to ignore my instructions and kept posting in the MG thread instead (which is not fine). But that was just one incident in a continuum.

I'll definitely make a complete and clean re-review of your moderation history as soon as I can. Cheers.

We don't have many high level players right now in the club, but it's working fine. I'm playing at the highest level, and besides me... There're maybe 3 others, like Huayra and overload2000. Most players are low level (around 300+) or casual. I did want to join holly's club before I became a leader, but since he didn't accept my request in some hours (he did say that there was a queue), I came back to my club and became its leader (replacing Wolf - the former leader who had quitted the game).

A bit more about that MG incident - it was a bit later, after the smoke settled and it (the MG) wasn't the talk of the forum. I don't insist on pursuing with topics that mods say that are not appropriate. I just posted one more post after that iirc, expressing my discomfort about your reaction to my question. Even if you hadn't put me on an Approval Mode ( ;) ), I wouldn't continue with it, because I didn't see a point anymore.
Thanks for agreeing to review my history.

• Like 1