Hero Levels 501 -> 1,000 & New Mythic Boosters/Slots

bolitho76

Gain Xp triggers. So a League fight was enough to trigger the leveling up.

For the opponents: Don't forget the snapshot mechanic! This will change in some minutes when the next snapshot will occur. The ones you see now with higher lvl had a midway snapshot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So the level 1000 needs 238M XP total so more than 8 times what was needed for level 500 (27.7M XP).

From the blog post :
image14.png

Since I spent about 2 years to get to level 500, see you in a decade inaccessible max level (or not).

• Like 1

I skimmed through the comments to this point and if someone mentioned this I missed it...

When you look at the equipment in your inventory the stats are all white/neutral; there is no longer the red/green highlights showing whether the equipment hurts/helps the stats.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, memyself393 said:

I skimmed through the comments to this point and if someone mentioned this I missed it...

When you look at the equipment in your inventory the stats are all white/neutral; there is no longer the red/green highlights showing whether the equipment hurts/helps the stats.

Yes, the equipment comparison is gone.

Edited by Skarabey
  • Like 5

On 6/28/2023 at 1:44 PM, memyself393 said:

Right, I was not sure whether it is HH++, but it is not. Also the Market hourglass shows up even if 4 boosters are equipped.

This hero pass is such an embarrassingly cheap uninhibited way of getting another 30$/€ out of whales. It was clear before, but still disappointing to see it live now... It shows the development direction quite clearly and is actually a good reason to quit the game better now than later. Since it is very cost-effective, and I am buying bundles in rare situations, I would usually buy it as a replacement for 5 bundles or so over a longer time, to not exceed my money input limit. But ironically, this increasing number of shopping options makes me stop buying anything for the time being.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 2

il y a 28 minutes, Horsting a dit :

This hero pass is such an embarrassingly cheap uninhibited way of getting another 30$/€ out of whales.

I personally don't mind. I don't consider a person buying once a 30$/€ one time thing in a video game a whale (more so if the game is free to play). I think season passes and this types of recurring payments are worse and we already have a seasonal pass, multiple monthly cards, SE passes,  in the game.

The hero pass is equivalent to 6 months of season pass and the value for level 500 seems ok for the price to me.

I think the increased level cap is much worse because it will throw off the balance in leagues so the Top 4 should not be attainable anymore for a F2P player. I even think the top 15 will be harder to attain because of the players who have a lead start in levels because they were level 500 long before now.

So now, each time you pass a level, you have a button on the level up screen to go to the hero pass, even if you didn't reach a new step (each 20 level) 😕. Maybe this button is present until all rewards are claimed.

Edited by mdnoria

Il y a 2 heures, bolitho76 a dit :

Not so important. Sure, a full cordy boost is now much more expensiv, but with a mix of Ginseng and Cordyceps you can stay all along with 4 Legendary Booster. With MyPx1 you should get enough Booster to maintain this if you can run the PoPs at least 3 times a day.

AME stays as Booster. Now we have aditional the LM and the SM Booster, but at the moment there is only a chance to buy them.

in nutaku, last time a member complained about huge scores in leagues . i told him that they are normal. But after that i noticed that he was telling the truth. i noticed that if you dont use at least 2 cordys the whole week ,you cant get a top 15 easily. the strategies used by @Liliat and @Ravi-Sama of full ginseng wont work in nutaku. and the addition of an extra spot will make it worse . in order to stay competetitve , you need to spend much more boosters.

about AME , i was just referring that no one will use it anymore after the establishment of LM.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mdnoria said:

I personally don't mind. I don't consider a person buying once a 30$/€ one time thing in a video game a whale (more so if the game is free to play).

For everyone with a limit, this replaces some bundles, as it is way more cost-effective. For whales it is an additional must-have. For F2P players, it means another disadvantage versus those who do invest money, whether it has a real effect or just feels like that.

I do more mind the development direction than that particular pass: It is just such a cheap and non-creative way to implement more and more paid rewards, without at least any interesting new mechanic behind it, just the same as season pass, SE premium card and the additional bundles with recent shop update.

With a money limit it becomes harder and harder to decide whether/where to invest it. It feels more and more that you miss something if you do not buy it. And ironically this lead to my decision today to stop investing any money into the game.

I am not directly affected by the raised level cap, but I see the massive disturbance this means among the earlier level 500 players in leagues.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Horsting said:

I just recognised the mythic gem booster. I first thought that it is another must-have, like Alban's, but actually 500 gems for 450 kobans it not that much. What do you think?

It's only for people who are both very rich and very impatient.

• Like 1

Not worth.

Without the LM-Booster all of the new Booster aren't really helpfull. Sure, the BB-Booster can be interesting, but mostly only one time. If you start you're to weak in the first 2 months even with the booster and after 4 months you don't need the booster to win the BB. So it's perhaps one BB were the booster will help you and only if you are in the starting range of the game.

Right, gems are usually not a bottleneck, or not for long (when getting a new girl for battle team), compared to XP which now with raised level became even more beneficial.

EDIT @bolitho76 the challenge booster can be pretty valuable in some contests. I have not thought through all of them, for DC it is much too expensive, for some LC/CbC the amount of points it gives is a too low share, but in some the 100k points could quite make the difference. On the other hand, at least the CbC/LC girls are probably sufficiently easy to get for free over the 3/4 days.

Edited by Horsting

3 hours ago, Antimon said:

Could it be that boss bang MB could become useful at higher levels?

I really don't think so. First there's what I've said earlier in the patch notes thread:

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

To be clear, the BB girl has the same level as you when you start and she eventually gets 100 level above your starting level by the last fight. This hasn't been changed, so now that I'm at level 564 for instance, my next BB opponent will go from level 564 to 664 (instead of 500 to 600 as before). It shouldn't impact things much, if at all. BB is only a challenge for early game players in the first place. It's just the one girl versus 7 of yours, and your equipment and boosters etc. Even at level 1000 (which no one should reach for a few years, except by spending a ton of cash, and even then it isn't unlimited), the BB girl shouldn't pose a real threat ever.

But also, since then I thought of Pantheon to compare. Here are the stats of a full team of 7 mythics who are currently blessed at +25%, at level 900 (remember, the big threat is the Boss itself in Pantheon, not the girls, well usually, but this is Temple 2001; it's not meant to be beaten: it's there so you can still complete "do pantheon performances" tasks after finishing the Pantheon):

image.png

The BB girl is a team of ONE L5, at up to your own level +100 (for the very last fight). Even blessed, she'll never reach stats that pose a threat to a full team of 7 with a high-level Hero stats, equipment and boosters behind them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Yamiray said:

I thought that cap went from 300 to 500?

22 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Nah, I remember the max being 400, and I wasn't level 400 yet, maybe 350+.  That's why I had a ton of L3s able to reach lvl 400, w/o needing to spend gems.

22 hours ago, Yamiray said:

maybe cap changed twice. I'm remembering 300 before gem or even the shard system when girls max was linked to players level

22 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I don't think so. At the very least, the cap was already lvl 400 when I started in mid-2019. It was moved to 500 sometime during my first two years, long before gems. That's where the "grandfathered" thing came from, as players who were already at level 500 or at least above 450 before they introduced gems had a short window of opportunity to cap as many girls as they could up to level 500 with the old level up system (which simply required books and nothing else) before the awakening system made all non-battlers stuck at lvl 250 at best forever.

I distinctly remember I was below 450 myself when this happened (but above 400 at least) so I only partially benefited from this. I didn't have the resources to level up every last girl I had back then either, but I still have a lot of filler girls at level 450 instead of 250 thanks to this.

18 hours ago, jelom said:

NOTE: Initial level cap was 300, raised to 400 some time after I joined and finally to 500 a few years ago.

A day late to this conversation I know but; the original level cap was level 40, not level 300. It was raised a few weeks after I started playing. It went straight from level 40 to level 400, it was never level 300.

Proof: https://harem-battle.club/wiki/Harem-Heroes/HH:News Control+f 'New levels'

...and because we never got a patch notes discussion of updates from 2017 on the English forum, here is the one from the French forum.

• Thanks 3

Alright, here's my experience so far.  I tried to be thorough.

Logged in and saw the PXP bar w/ the chest at the top, so I knew the new level cap was active.  I was still stuck at lvl 500, despite having 33 mil PXP, which I thought was weird.  Unlocked lvl 520 after finishing a daily mission.  Gaining PXP in any way would trigger the level up.  Exactly lvl 520, how nice, got 2 MPx1s for the extra 20 levels, lol. 

The highest level player in my league is Govenants at lvl 599.  I'm ranked 4th atm w/ a 22.22 avg, and I've been using gins throughout.

Highest leveled player in my CxH's DIII bracket is Darkyz at lvl 507.

I'm in DI in PSH, so w/e.  Highest lvl there is 446.

image.pngimage.png

Spent like 240 mil ymens for an extra 600 points to each stat (30 points x 20 levels), and equipped a 4th ginseng booster.  In hindsight, I could've waited until I reached tier 22 of the PoA, to easily finish the spend 104 mil ymens task.

Gained about 200 extra energy from the 20 level ups.  Which should also help in the PoA.  I'm at tier 20 atm (38/50 PvP).

I've seen the LM and Gem boosters in the market so far.  They both cost 450 kos.  Haven't bought them yet, b/c I have a surplus of AMEs now that I still need to go through before it becomes an issue.  Also, I'd rather buy the Alban PXP booster instead atm.  That feels like a higher priority.  If I got LM/Gem boosters from other sources, that'd be great, and I'd use them.  Don't really have any interest in the contest booster.  I get by already in LCs & CbCs w/o needing to constantly get 1st place.  If I had some of those boosters stored up later, I'd try to use them strategically.

• LM - I like it, but I'll use up my AMEs before purchasing them.  Might store them to use during the SE's.
  • SM - Never gonna use it, even if I had it... why would I need it?  Seasons is easy AF.  Never needed the AME for it anyway.  That was the problem.
  • Gem Detector - I like this.  I'd use it if I had it, but not desperate to buy it atm.
  • Banger - I don't struggle w/ boss bang, not even in the other CxH/PSH games where I'm below lvl 350.
  • Shiny Aura - the 100k contest booster.  Don't need it, and if players wanna buy it, go ahead.

image.png

The extra legendary booster slot surprised me yesterday, but then it was pointed out to me that we used to have 4 of them, prior to mythic boosters introduced, and that jogged my memory.  Also, realized that the pantheon should become much easier now, due to a 4th cordyceps.  Doesn't really matter to me in HH, but it should affect CxH where I'm just level 337 and stuck at wall 1,200.  I expect a ton more players to beat wall 2,000 now in HH.com, especially w/ next week's mythic 40% blessing.

Regarding the PXP needed to reach lvl 1,000, it's still an exponential curve from levels 500-1,000, but flatter than levels 1-500.  If it remained the same, we'd need 3.8 billion PXP to reach it instead of the 238 million PXP.

These are the formulas for the PXP needed for levels 1-500 (left) & 501-1,000 (right).  Courtesy of @zoopokemon.

hero level formula 1-500.png hero level formula 500-1000.png

I'll try to chart it out at some point...

Level 500 needed 27.38 mil PXP, and lvl 1,000 needs 238 mil PXP.  I have ~33.1 mil PXP atm.  Haven't really used Alban PXP boosters after reaching level 500, b/c that's a waste right?!  Knew "Hero's Journey" was gonna happen at some point, but w/e.  *faceplam*  🤦🏽‍♂️  It's obviously gonna take a long time, but not as long as 3.8 billion PXP would've taken.  This game is a marathon after all.  Also, the club bonus that boosts PXP by +10% is more relevant now than before.

image.png

Regarding the hero level rewards and the hero pass.  I learned it was $30 yesterday.  I'm not inclined to buy it, but appreciate that it's a one time thing.  Out of the extra stuff, I want the 11 mythic gear the most atm, but that's something I can grind away at, and get eventually anyway.  I've acquired 74 mythic gear to date (7 were dupes).  The price is comparable to getting 2x 6 month silver monthly passes ($30 vs. $32.28) which feels like a better value imo.  That's something that paying players probably already have.  It's a little difficult for me to view it from a non F2P perspective.

FYI, one way to compare player levels is to view the Pantheon's Leaderboard, since that's ranked by PXP.  Gogeta, the player w/ the most PXP atm is lvl 622.  102 levels above me.  Meaning 3,060 points higher in each stat (102x30).

image.png

TLDR: I'm level 520 now, 4th in DIII atm, and I've been using Gins (I expect to get a top 15).  I like the LM/Gem Boosters.  Don't care about the others.  4th Legendary booster slot will make the pantheon much easier.  I'd probably end up using refills in Leagues to make the most of 4 cordyceps, but that's something I'd do anyway if aiming high.  I'm likely to constantly buy and equip Alban PXP boosters in the future.

• Like 3

I don't think there are anyone glad about the level cap. You don't need it for pantheon or leagues.. May be there exists a single very salty person that enjoyed their little advantage of a few more levels gained thru their earlier reg and\or arena xp in the past. But still, if they want to be a slouch and yet win a top1 today, they ought to be cautious if a lover leveled player overcomes them due to his dedication and gameplay (strategy?). And there you have it, your 30 level advantage won't help you "just win".

However from a psychological standpoint, this update brings a bit of sorrow as the new cap is very high, and with a similar progress for everyone, if some player has 30 lvls over you now, they will still have it +\-1 lvl in future, say in 5 years, and who knows if the game will exist by that time, so I can cleanly substitute "in future" to "forever".

• Like 3

Umm, yes a 30-60 level advantage will help you "just win"  The higher level player most likely has the same gear as you etc... You must have not been in the game since the start.  The high level players won almost every single time.  There  a few exceptions.  The playing field changed later on when lower level whales and a few very dedicated players could win.  

KK really has no idea how to balance the game.  Every single update before this was to make newer whales more competitive.  This just nuked that.  You will remain 30,60,90,100 levels behind for all eternity.  

If you don't believe me go for it and try to win when the top 4 in D3 are at level 600 and you are at 500-550.  

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, lainn said:

And there you have it, your 30 level advantage won't help you "just win".

Of course not, but among the players who were previously level 500, dedicated, with good strategy and aiming for top 4, now the one with 30 levels more will have a higher chance to win. I did not calculate how much percent final attack/defence/ego/crit raises with the increased base+market stats, but given that there are also in fact players above level 600 now, I am pretty sure that several who previously had a good chance for top 4 or winning will have it much harder now, or no chance at all when being in an unlucky league selection.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

Don't forget that the f2p economy now essentially gets ruined. Because 4(+) boosters will now be standard, the extra cost to maintain these properly will rise, while the profits from league will relatively be lower or even non existant (with Whales now automatically taking Top 4s and Top 15s becoming overly expensive because of players who dont watch their koban balance).

• Like 1

I am actually one of those players.  Level 548.  I don't take the game too seriously and, am only strategic when going for top 4.  I would usually survey the players and, go for top 4 if it was not a deadly league and if it was top 15 was fine.  Now no chance for top 4.   

The really dedicated lower levels can still most likely get it.  That also got more expensive with the 4th Mythic slot though. 

Edited by Redbeard
  • Like 1

• Ravi-Sama changed the title to Hero Levels 501 -> 1,000 & New Mythic Boosters/Slots
  • Ravi-Sama unpinned this topic