Hero Levels 501 -> 1,000 & New Mythic Boosters/Slots

bolitho76

20 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

way of getting another 30$/€

What I can not really imagine, that his will generate that much amount of money, because it is only a one time Thing.
Ok, have or have not, but still.
If a new player will go for this right from the start is questionable, guess this is only interesting for those who really play this a long time.
But on the other hand it might keep you playing, even if you think about quitting, because there is something you already paid for.

But I don't comprehend those mechanics, I only paid once or twice for a Game, and that didn't actually give me any Advantage, maybe a little comfort, but nothing gamechanging.
It was just because I liked that Game very much and wanted to support the developer with maintaining the Server.
I had quite a lot good friends there, and we still meet sort of regularly even after nearly 20 years now.

• uwu 1

4 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

This cannot be stressed enough. It's near the top of the list of Kinkoid-specific no-nos right next to "Never contact Support unless you absolutely have to, never send them more than one ticket a day, and never argue with them or call them out on their copy-paste reply not matching your query or them closing your ticket without answering your question or addressing your request".

It's generally a good idea with any company to be polite and patient with their support people. You're trying to get them to do something for you, and any kind of abuse or rudeness towards them is not going to help you. Be patient, polite and brief.

On the humanitarian side, support people have rather crappy jobs and don't get enough time per ticket to be engaged or write individualised replies. Their key performance metric is how many tickets they can close per hour. And on top of that they receive a lot of abuse from people who don't adhere to the above paragraph. Save your frustration for telemarketers who call you instead.

(Apologies for topic drift)

Edited by bohammettuz
  • Like 1
  • uwu 1

@bohammettuz Yeah, I would know a bit about that myself, having spent most of my career working in online support and community management IRL. It's often a thankless and stressful job even in the best possible conditions and working for a generous and value-oriented company, especially as an agent (although as CS manager or team leader, you get to enjoy a whole other realm of stress, pressure, and reasons to eventually burn out, especially if you're a people-focused person and you actually care about both your agents and your customers, as I always have, and as I eventually did).

From what I've seen and know about how Kinkoid operates and what it seems to be like working for them, and from the quality of their support, I'm fairly sure this is way worse there than in any company I've worked for (and I've worked for very greedy and results-focused companies). So I'm not saying this to blame their (couple of) support agents. I'm just informing my fellow players on what to expect from what I've observed from both angles in terms of quality of service.

(Spoiling the rest as I go really deep into the off-topic since you seem to have experience in the field too and that got me going on a long tangential rant about the human condition in this type of online field for some reason ^^).

Spoiler

Typically, in my experience, a CS agent is caught between the hammer and the anvil.

The Hammer: close as many cases per day (or even per hour or minute by minute, depending on how big and Big Brother like the company you work for is), lest you fall behind the expected metrics and get paid less, and in "hopes" to get a high enough average to maybe catch a bonus on your quarterly review.

The Anvil: in complete contradiction, you're still expected to deliver a ridiculously high quality standard and meet or exceed your targets in customer satisfaction, factual accuracy and formal efficiency of the service you provide, and you're always at risk of losing parts or all of your bonus if you're unlucky enough that one of the incorrect or even incomplete answers you gave a customer ends up getting caught for a quality review.

I've known plenty of agents who just stop giving a fuck and end up sending the quickest, shortest answer possible to everything, basically playing the odds that the more cases they close the less likely it becomes that one of their bad answers ends up in the sample getting reviewed for quality control. Meanwhile, spamming shitty, barely edited quick replies all day guarantees they get a bonus for performance if they get lucky and don't get caught.

The opposite approach, focusing on giving the best possible service to every single customer in every single case and then hoping that you eventually become knowledgeable and experienced enough to somehow do it fast enough not to get penalized for low output numbers... is the best for the customers you help, but the worst for you as an agent. Especially since of course the one time you misread or missed a little thing will end up being the one random case they pick to review your quality, so you not only work harder and get paid less than your peers who stopped giving a fuck, your hard work isn't even recognized to make up for it.

Here, honestly given how many tickets I've seen just closed without a reply or given a pure copy-paste reply that doesn't even fit the player's question, I doubt there even is such a thing as quality reviews at Kinkoid, period. So it only makes sense their agents lean towards the quick and dirty approach, they would only hurt themselves by providing quality service when there's nothing in it for them. That's on the company, not the staff.

/my life dot off-topic. :$🚬

• Like 1
  • Hug 2

On 6/29/2023 at 3:24 PM, Antimon said:

Equipments already stop growing (in stats and selling price) at level 500. Visually they keep growing following your level, true, but a lv 600 rainbow legendary equip is perfectly equivalent to a lv 500 rainbow legendary equipment.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by your third point

I think to be safe, its probably a good idea to save new equipment with higher levels, espeically if the stats are a high roll.
You never know if they will change the equipment back to leveling again

Does someone understand the logic behind the fact that LM/SM, which are already clearly superior to AM, additionally have 10 more charges? I mean if there was any idea of keeping things balanced, they LM/SM must have less charges to keep AM compatible 🤔. However, great of course that with LM, max league boosters actually became cheaper (despite the 4th cordy?), and they are now closer to cordys in price/benefit.

EDIT: Lol, I just met "All Mastery" the first time in adventure. I thought "Who is this?", and the next click the character asks "Who are you?" 😂. These funny scenes and how the adventure plays with the players thoughts is actually a reason to keep playing the game. Now I know why the booster is called "All Mastery's Emblem" instead of "All Mastery Emblem" (like LM/SM). Something I was asking myself before.

9 hours ago, EpicBacon said:

But surely they will not change level 500 equipment to suddenly be a higher level. I don't think there is an internal attribute holding the player level when the gear dropped, so there is no way the "game" knows whether an item dropped while you were still level 500 or while you were higher level, and hence with other level than 500 is shall be. And we cannot trust in it, but mythic gear should become compatible stronger as well, or allow higher levelling, if legendary can be >500.

@Pelinor @DvDivXXX

Thanks for the warning, I edited it out of the related post.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Horsting said:

Does someone understand the logic behind the fact that LM/SM, which are already clearly superior to AM, additionally have 10 more charges? I mean if there was any idea of keeping things balanced, they LM/SM must have less charges to keep AM compatible 🤔. However, great of course that with LM, max league boosters actually became cheaper (despite the 4th cordy?), and they are now closer to cordys in price/benefit.

EDIT: Lol, I just met "All Mastery" the first time in adventure. I thought "Who is this?", and the next click the character asks "Who are you?" 😂. These funny scenes and how the adventure plays with the players thoughts is actually a reason to keep playing the game. Now I know why the booster is called "All Mastery's Emblem" instead of "All Mastery Emblem" (like LM/SM). Something I was asking myself before.

But surely they will not change level 500 equipment to suddenly be a higher level. I don't think there is an internal attribute holding the player level when the gear dropped, so there is no way the "game" knows whether an item dropped while you were still level 500 or while you were higher level, and hence with other level than 500 is shall be. And we cannot trust in it, but mythic gear should become compatible stronger as well, or allow higher levelling, if legendary can be >500.

@Pelinor @DvDivXXX

Thanks for the warning, I edited it out of the related post.

The legend gear I am getting is based on my level, but the stats are based on level 500.
I don't know how the stats are done, I just assumed it was based on level, and if they make it able to improve past 500,
that it would automatically adjust items to their correct stats.

But if what you say is correct, then I guess there is no need to worry about it.

18 ore fa, EpicBacon ha scritto:

I think to be safe, its probably a good idea to save new equipment with higher levels, espeically if the stats are a high roll.

If I recall correctly, when they reworked the stats of the equipments, only the newly-generated equipments' stats changed, while those we already had in our inventory remained as they were.

So, while I do agree with you, and knowing a little KK at this point, we cannot completely rule out the possibility of them deciding to unlocking the level scaling of equipments somewhere in the future, I honestly doubt It'll affect the stats of what we already have

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, EpicBacon said:

The legend gear I am getting is based on my level, but the stats are based on level 500.

What do you mean with "based on my level"? Is the selling price raising with levels > 500? Then I would be wrong, didn't think about that 😅. But given that one gets quite much gear from GP and can buy it from market (if there is a really good one, as it is very expensive >= 500, right?), I think it is not worth it to horde it now.

10 minutes ago, Horsting said:

What do you mean with "based on my level"? Is the selling price raising with levels > 500? Then I would be wrong, didn't think about that 😅. But given that one gets quite much gear from GP and can buy it from market (if there is a really good one, as it is very expensive >= 500, right?), I think it is not worth it to horde it now.

Like this item I just got, this item is level 562 which is my level. 
But the stats on this item is really bad, this was a low roll; but even if I got a good roll,
this item is capped to level 500.
If they remove the level 500 hardcap on legendary items; this would have have better stats.

Now I would just assume the stats would be based on the item level;
for me this seems the easiest way to do it.
That is why I said It might be worthwhile keeping hold on some of the "goodroll" legends,
just incase KK changes the scaling.

562.jpg

Edited by EpicBacon
Formatting
  • Like 1

EDIT: It appears I got ninja'd 😂

10 minuti fa, Horsting ha scritto:

He means that the display leveled of equipments he gets from pachinko are the same as his own level (let's say he is level 534, the new equipments he gets are level 534 equipments).

as things are now, even if the displayed level is higher than 500, stats and selling price are capped at what they were at level 500. 

Edited by Antimon
  • Thanks 1

A lol, I totally forgot that the level is even shown on the item. Okay forget what I wrote, brain outage it seems 😅. But still, if KK did decide to unlock stats (and selling price) above level 500, you will have a higher level and will get up-to-level legendary gear rather quickly from GP, champions, market etc. So IMO not worth it to horde.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

No, guys. There is no difference and even in the worst-case post-apocalypse scenario where KK eventually decides to make legendary gear relevant again, you'll have long moved to a higher level than your past pieces no matter where and when you acquired them and only the most recent stuff generated with the future post-buff ranges for stats will matter.

These are all the same "sell junk" task fodder now and forever, is what I'm saying:

image.png

The only exception might be monostat of your own class in the highly unlikely event that they matter again someday for whatever reason. But that's neither here no there and I really don't think we'll get there anytime soon if ever.

• Like 3

Me neither.

You have a lot more girls at lvl 300+ than I do, but only up from 250 compared to me, which doesn't sound like a lot. On the flip side, I have ~100 more girls than you overall, and you have no mythic while I have 23 (well, 24 now), and we both have all our girls maxed out in grades. So all in all, no huge discrepancy that would explain such a difference in available power for PoPs either way.

My best guess would be RNG, at this point. The way the game auto-assigns girls is far from optimal (it feeds all my mythics to the easy permanent PoPs if I let it, among other issues) and how many temp PoPs of each class we each happen to roll can match better or worse with how many strong girls of each class we happen to have available.

58 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

The way the game auto-assigns girls is far from optimal

Very much agreed, I only use this from the second time on.
First time after the 7 days or Blessing change (I try to match these, spares one time the hussle), I always assign them manualy, and I start with the weakest girls and work my way up.

Most of the times I can fill them up to reach 6h (at Level 13 HH+CxH / 12 PsH).

But sometimes even that is not enough, right now at CxH I have 5x Hardcore from 9 PoP (+1 Perm).
So last Hardcore was at over 11 Hours, and I had to assign them manually again the next time to use even more weak girls in the other Pop's, to free some more powerfull ones.
In the End it actually was enough and worked, but there were only 5 Girls left. 🥴

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

My best guess would be RNG, at this point.

At least your both PoPs class distribution is perfect: 3 temporary PoPs of each class.

I currently have 5 of 9 hardcore. It was a pretty close thing to get the last to finish in 6h, with a large mess of mixed class girls attending 😄.

• Haha 1

Seems I need to get a lot more 3* to 250.
Been focusing 5* legends for the most part.
Will have to see when a "give xp to girls" contest pops about

As for Pop, I usually click auto, then swap out some of the high power girls with lower ones, so I don't waste
too much power, but still stay close to the 6h reset timer.

stats h.jpg

• Like 3

I don't have any real TPoP problems yet, at Plyr lvl 521 and TPoP lvl 15.  I just wanna join in on the harem stat sharing.

My harem level is just 360k though, so I'll obviously have to max out some girls I've been neglecting later.

Don't judge my 0 Affection stock.  I feel y'all judging it... Draconic Stacy is taking it all atm.  She's blessed 40% next week.

image.png

• Juicy peach 1

But the problem with PoP, if you are F2P and don't want to use kobans to autoassign all, is that now you are faced with the problem of using unefficient individual autoassign or having to assign girls one by one to optimize it. Just what we need, another time sink ...

image.png.2e5137b8fcada34899e86b4ef9ebfae8.png

image.thumb.png.c5be2c3af8e90219be0ecd2daf768b90.png

My situation. Have to use the Koban-autoclaim and -fill because of extremly busy in RL at the moment and try to minimize needed time in the game where it's possible (and the PoPs have the ability to need to restart when I'm at most in a hurry 😉 ).