[ August 2nd, 2023 ] Girl Skills 💡

Lumpi46

36 minutes ago, Horsting said:
  • Common missions: 110k
  • Rare: 219k
  • Epic: 274k
  • Sum: 2.1M daily, and close to 15M weekly. EDIT: Ah, minus the missions where you get a bulb instead!

Probably someone with a much higher level can check how it scales? Probably it covers the costs to reset at least one girl every week in endgame.

I forgot to note the values for rare & epic missions.
But common missions are still at 110k for level 562.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Antimon said:

By spending 10M per used lightbulb, you can retrieve all those skill points from a girl and redirect them to a blessed girl. It is not very cheap considering we'll have to do it every week, as @jelom said, but it could have been worse. It could have required to spend kobans/to buy monthly cards

You are right of cource, its not permanent as I said in my post, are you can reset them at a cost. The problem is going to be how many orbs are required for a full upgrade.
Looking at the data we have in this post, a legendary girl needs 19 points for skills in tier 1-3 (6+9+4).
Based on that number, a minimun of 190 million per girl to change orbs. 

If we have a scenario where you need to swap out 7 legendary girls, that would be a cost of 190m*7 = 1.330.000.000.
If it gets to a point where you have to drop over 1b each week to swap teams, it might be better to just consider the orbs permanent.

Even if they cut the cost down to 1m per orb, its still going to be costly.

Maybe its supposed to be an incentive for f2p to swap to a paid card, as I would not be surprised if some of the higher cards would have free orb resetting included.

Edited by EpicBacon
  • Like 6
  • Surprised :O 1

3 minuti fa, EpicBacon ha scritto:

If we have a scenario where you need to swap out 7 legendary girls, that would be a cost of 190m*7 = 1.330.000.000.
If it gets to a point where you have to drop over 1b each week to swap teams, it might be better to just consider the orbs permanent.

Fair point

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Horsting said:

I do not get why, before adding a skill system for girls, which are rotating each week, there is not one added for the hero (first). Wasn't this even a requested feature/idea as alternative XP sink instead of raising the level cap?

Exactly, this would have been so much easier to implement and balance. (balance... lol)
Joking aside, this was one of the things that was on the block when Kk did talk about what they were working on.
It just makes so much more sense to focus on this, compared to the utter cluster**** that is girl skills.
The hero is allways present, and will allways have the skill/perk you have chosen active, instead of the rotating roster of gilrs/blessings/girl equip.

• Like 5

Well, there are obviously some parts of the game that I'm not aware of -- even after all those years. 🙈

And to amend the test: with the second bulb the sum for Travel Gwenaelle rose from 18955 to 19335 -- that amounts to 2%. So the assumed error was just my misconception. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Lumpi46 said:

But where in the game do I get that information?

Good reason to adjust the income information like: x in y hours (z/h)
I mean it is usually just a waste of space to show the income as prominent where it is shown currently, as it just does not matter at all for a single girl. But if it is shown already, then at least the absolute Ymen is more valuable info already now, as no one claims every girl every few minutes, or even every few hours, but usually only a few times a day when visiting anyway, or not at all for the bulk of girls when not owning a monthly card but hundreds of girls. This Ymen click party is an issue to work on anyway, IMO, but OOT.

Edited by Horsting

22 minutes ago, EpicBacon said:

You are right of cource, its not permanent as I said in my post, are you can reset them at a cost.

If what you say is true, then whatever this boost is, it isn't skill. Skill isn't lost by the payment of goods (unless you count "brainwashing"). So what? Our character is pulled into the Haremverse by Bunny to stop girl abuse, and now we "date rape" them with potions and fry their brains when we don't have a use for them being so clever? UH?

image.jpeg.c26fbad8d74f529bcd535b67e29efb7b.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Thinking 1
  • Hearts 1

12 hours ago, EpicBacon said:

Thus we return again to the "one strong team" mantra

That would be a relief if it were the case. If we could just focus on one strong team and not have to worry about juggling equipment or respeccing skills that would be great. But the blessings are still orders of magnitude more powerful than the skills or equipment resonances. 

Overall that's the only saving grace here, that the effects look small enough that you don't really have to over-do it. We don't have to be perfect, we just need to spend our resources and we should be able to do decently well against the 99.9% of players who also don't really want anything to do with these systems. I pity anyone competing for top 4 in D3, where you will need to those tiny advantages to come out ahead, but I've given up on ever aspiring to that myself.

• Like 2
  • Hug 1

il y a 55 minutes, Attirm a dit :

I pity anyone competing for top 4 in D3, where you will need to those tiny advantages to come out ahead

Hopefully, even for that, you can do the minimum about those shitty features.
Actually, it only concerns the top 1 in D3 against certain players.

Edited by Tom208
  • Juicy peach 2

If this function will take me a lot of time (and recently all 3 main games (HH, PsH and CxH) take a lot of time for some reason), then I will have to give up at least 1 or 2 of them, or even completely stop doing garbage and move on to other more serious games.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Horsting said:

On level 184 it is:

• Common missions: 110k
  • Rare: 219k
  • Epic: 274k
  • Sum: 2.1M daily, and close to 15M weekly. EDIT: Ah, minus the missions where you get a bulb instead!

Probably someone with a much higher level can check how it scales?

It's

• Common: 110 k
  • Rare: 220 k
  • Epic: 275 k

for Level 562.

Looks like a steep increase of about 1 Ymen per level. 😶

• Thanks 1

So apparently we have been spared this week, but does it mean they really want to test it seriously, or were there some Issues that stopped it from being implemented today?

At least we have another week to just focus on the many ongoing stuff right now.

Edited by Der DinX

Like Div mentioned in the Patch-Note Thread: Can be that's only because they don't wanted to add the feature while this League is running.

From my sight not a very high possibility, because they changed lvlcap at a Wednesday for example and in the Patch Notes are the skills not mentioned, but it's KK...

Don't think they wants really "test seriously" the skill system. For this they should have given all test-server accounts a relevant amount of stuff to test at least and make sure how long we have time to test and give feedback.

• Like 1

It's possible that the level cap could not be put behind a feature flag because it affects many old code whereas this feature is a new one, so easier to add a feature flag when you are modifying things to add the bulbs.

But yeah maybe they don't want to disturb the current league and wait for tomorrow to enable it.

20 minutes ago, bolitho76 said:

For this they should have given all test-server accounts a relevant amount of stuff to test at least and make sure how long we have time to test and give feedback.

For a serious beta test, I would expect either a selection of testers to be officially informed about the change and all its aspects, or as a public blog post or thread there, to invite everyone testing it, and giving all information required to do so properly. Just merging a change into test servers which everyone needs to find out about by looping through everything cannot be called a call for "serious testing" IMO. Of course they might instead do serious internal tests instead.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

Like Div mentioned in the Patch-Note Thread: Can be that's only because they don't wanted to add the feature while this League is running.

I've asked them directly, didn't get an answer yet, but I also think it's much more likely they'll just leave it on TS one week longer and then dump it on us with next week's patch. I know from past cases where there was a serious balance concern for a given gameplay change arriving on the last day of a league that postponing a patch until Thursday is something that requires extra work and hassle for them and they don't do it lightly (they did a few times, to their credit, well mostly to Sandman's credit, but only when we really pushed for it and it seemed like a big enough change to impact the league results drastically).

On top of that Sandman is about to take a short holiday leave, so I strongly doubt the Girl Skill dump will go live tomorrow. Most likely next week.

And OBVIOUSLY, as history repeats itself and we've had countless past examples, nothing too major will change with or without community feedback from trying out this latest turd on TS one more week. Definitely NOT any feedback along the lines of what most of us long-time and very invested players legitimately FEEL, right now... Which ranges from "Are you fucking kidding me with this?" to "Another feature we massively said NOPE to in the big surveys last year where you asked us what we preferred? And before the ones we actually welcomed, like Hero's Journey or Labyrinth?" to "Can you please have mercy on us for once, swallow your fucking pride and just accept we don't want this in our game?" to simply "Alright, enough is enough, if you're really going to take the piss on us yet again, I'll just quit."

Give or take a few swear words.

-----

EDIT: And no spoilers, but you ain't seen nothing yet, folks. At this point, I think unless Rosso passes the torch to someone who actually likes HH and its player base before then, whether I'll eventually slam the door on this game I've been loving for 4 years or not is more a question of "when" than "if", unfortunately. I mean, I'm very loyal and very resilient. But when you keep betraying someone loyal and resilient, at some point they stop giving a shit and they don't just burn the bridge, they nuke it from orbit. I know I do (when push really comes to shove; and it takes a LOT).

I don't wish Rosso any harm whatsoever to be very clear (on the contrary, I wish him the best thing that could ever happen to him as a game director: gaining the eye-opening wisdom he needs to get back to work on his craft and become more successful and appreciated in the long run as a result). But yeah, if he stays in place and he doesn't budge with his project to take away everything I love about this game piece by piece and adding more and more stuff I despise... I don't see myself even recognizing the game in a few years, let alone still enjoying it.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 9
  • Hug 3

• Ravi-Sama changed the title to [ August 2nd, 2023 ] Girl Skills 💡
  • DvDivXXX unpinned this topic
  • Ravi-Sama pinned this topic