How you doing in the "League"

casey

7 hours ago, snowman22 said:

My 1st crack at S3 went a lot better than I expected. I finished 36th out of 107. I would have been happy with anything over 50th.

The current S3 (includes @DHarry  I think so he can call out my white lies) looks much easier. The egos break down:

• 200K+  1
  • 190K+  8
  • 180K+  24
  • 170K+  34        includes me: 179K, L270 4th lowest, 100 in bracket
  • 160K+  21
  • 150K+  12

Last week the most common band was 180K+ and the whole shebang looks like it is shifted 8K? lower this time. This weeks goal > 30th.

I've spotted you. I browsed the others to find the competition, but nowhere near your analysis. Nice. Task 1, beat all 190's. 👍🏻

3 hours ago, DHarry said:

I've spotted you. I browsed the others to find the competition, but nowhere near your analysis. Nice. Task 1, beat all 190's. 👍🏻

I just picked up a purple mono upgrade (+130) from the market :P and gained a level so I am now in the 180 band.

So, does that make me part of task 2?

Off-topic: It would be really nice if there was an ego column in the leagues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I mistimed the league reset and didn't let myself lower in rankings enough. I was promoted to Dicktator 1. I'll try in this league for the one week and then sacrifice the experience for a week so I can get zero points and get demoted. Or at least that is the plan for now. It will take far too many weeks to get to a decent position in this league that will make it worth staying there. I'm losing out on experience too fast like this.

8 hours ago, snowman22 said:

I just picked up a purple mono upgrade (+130) from the market :P and gained a level so I am now in the 180 band.

So, does that make me part of task 2?

Off-topic: It would be really nice if there was an ego column in the leagues.

If it makes you feel better I can add you to task 1. 😁 Before you pick up more of those beauties. I was happy last week with a +92 new hat, but 130 is even better. 

And yea, sort by ego would be nice. It doesnt tellvthe whole story, but neither does lvl. 

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2019 at 8:26 AM, _shal_ said:

This week's bracket looks a bit on the tough side again - still 7 opponents who are over 10k ego ahead of me (max 185k), plus two more in the high 160's. That's rather surprising given the apparent lack of demotions from S3. So, top 4 is very likely out of the question, and I don't really feel ready for a promotion yet anyway. We'll see if any equipment upgrades happen to come in, otherwise I'll likely shoot for 16th again.

Level-wise I'm now all the way up to 15th-lowest out of 102 players.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:06 PM, _shal_ said:

Very strange race in my S2 bracket with half a day to go: (...)

Of those top 5 going for the big koban spots, only Quentin is actually a very strong player (KH 183k). The other four are merely good-not-great (all around 165k), and not really much better than those who make up the rest of the top 15.

Three other players are above 175k in ego, but they're...

• a HC 184k, who's currently sitting in 14th place. I'm not sure if he's tanking or not - he's never been outside the top 15 from what I remember, but also never higher than 8th or so. Could easily finish top 4 if he wanted to, possibly even first. Waiting to see how high the frontrunners go?
  • the probably strongest player of them all, HC 187k. Hasn't done much battling all week long and is currently all the way down in 76th place.
  • and a HC 178k who's on zero points.

I'm tanking here as expected. Wasn't fully clear until yesterday when 4 of those 5 leaders started to make a serious push - I'm not far off from them (except Quentin, of course), but I think I'd have fallen just a little bit short of all their scores in the end, so finishing top 4 was finally out of the question as of ~24 hours ago. Quite a serious tanking effort though, I've still got 21 safe wins remaining and I don't think I'll even get to fight all of those, let alone any questionable matchups on top of that.

HH-S17-S2b.png

HH-S17-S2.png

Turns out the only strong player to actually compete hard even lost 5 times, not just 2. Was still enough for Quentin to get the victory though. Very surprising performance by the player who took second place, losing only 6 matches despite giving up 10-15k ego to four different opponents. Other than that the top 5 shook out as expected - the four players behind the leader may have had very similar ego numbers, but the ones who finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th were HC while the unlucky 5th place finisher was Charm...

The top HC player who probably could have won this but didn't make the effort is the guy who ended up in 10th place. The other one at the back end of the field finished 80th.

My own result was pretty favourable. Had to skip 10 safe wins and 39 iffy matches to stay 16th - assuming a few lucky wins that would have been worth around 80 points in total, so only enough to get to 6th place if I'd actually gone for it. Tanking was the right decision.

My new bracket is rather odd. Even though there should still be some fairly high-powered players down here in S2 (let's say, 175k+ ego), the luck of the draw avoided them for my group completely - nobody's above 165k, so I'm actually one of the top players here. Sadly, being Charm means that my ego is a bit of an empty number, especially compared to KH's. There are three of them in the 162k to 164k range who are all rough opponents for me. I've actually done those 9 battles already just now as I don't expect any further equipment upgrades this week, and the RNG wasn't particularly kind to me - should have been 4 or 5 wins on average, but I ended up with only 2.

I may be winning everything else in this league; there's one HC opponent that could be trouble if he orgasm-wild bursts me. The points total I'm set to reach (889 to 895) would have been easily good enough for 3rd place last week, but since there are no standout squads here this time there are at least 10 players who could finish better than that if they put in maximum effort and get RNG-lucky - basically everyone between 155k and 165k ego who isn't charm. 4 of them have already missed significant numbers of battles since the start of the league, but I'll probably need a few more to drop off the pace to have a shot at a top 4 finish.

Level watch: I'm now the 26th-lowest out of 102.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cantrix said:

Got to sexpert 3,  too hard fpr me here i will drop back towanker 3 or sexpert 1 and will skip a couple of weeks to slow down my leveling speed and pachinko price increase at least till i get a smonostat legendary in each slot.

GL with that.

2 hours ago, Cantrix said:

Got to sexpert 3,  too hard fpr me here i will drop back towanker 3 or sexpert 1 and will skip a couple of weeks to slow down my leveling speed and pachinko price increase at least till i get a smonostat legendary in each slot.

Out of curiosity, why not just sit in sexpert 2 instead of demoting further? 

1 hour ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Out of curiosity, why not just sit in sexpert 2 instead of demoting further? 

Cause getting one of the top 4 places is simply impossible there and the rewards below don't add up to Sexpert 1 - 1st or 4th place for instance.

Promoted to S2 out of a weak league last time, and am now overmatched. Due to needing to catch up on a ton of sleep plus being weak,  I won't need to tank. 

I've gotten all my wins, am now farming losses from high to low level and sit 76th of 102.

9 hours ago, Zteev said:

Promoted to S2 out of a weak league last time, and am now overmatched. Due to needing to catch up on a ton of sleep plus being weak,  I won't need to tank. 

I've gotten all my wins, am now farming losses from high to low level and sit 76th of 102.

If you want to demote you need to drop a few more spots, that is if demotions r working again.  

For myself, I will have to tank big time if I want to stay in s2.  But don't think I will and hope for top 4 finish.  Don't think. I can take top spot.

10 hours ago, Zteev said:

You sleep to much to be any good at this game9_9 get your priorities right and play 23/7 O.o

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, casey said:

You sleep to much to be any good at this game9_9 get your priorities right and play 23/7 O.o

:)
That made me laugh. I've pulled well over 1000 all-nighters in my life, and "sleep too much" is the exact opposite of what the GF syas, and various others have said over the years.

Finished league fights this morning because #2 got on my nerves.
It seems he lost the last 3 fights he did though...
Not sure against whom he did lose, because he might as well have beaten me earlier on when I was still weaker than him.
image.png.8d59c182c8e378b7b463d1fe0ed92103.png

---edit---

Seems he wasn't ready yet... he boosted himself with boosters and was just waiting on challenges:
image.png.23cd0b7caf8e6218f7a8f2c306b767f3.png

Those refills paid off >,<

Edited by Chthugha
  • Like 2