How you doing in the "League"

casey

If you read my post from last week, you know I was with BenBrazke. He managed to get a swooping 7020+ points (can't remember the exact number). I did my best and got 2nd place again with 6965 points, so I got just under my usual ~23 points on average per battle.

This week will also be tough, I'm with 3 other Know-How players from level 408 - 413, where the highest leveled player is Jechko at 413 (2 levels above me).

Judging by my luck and previous performance. I'll probably end up 2nd again >_>

• Like 1

Made 15th in D3 with only 3 days of orange, 3 days of green, and even 1 day of grey and green.

It was closer than I expected. With 1 day to go I was running green and 11th-16th depending on how recently I had used my tokens. I thought 12th was probable even with less boost so I dropped to garbage grey-green. Oh-oh. Next time I checked I was 18th. My 4th last fight got me back above 15th by 1 point. One win and 2 losses later I had increased the lead over 16th to a massive 11 pts. 17th was  1 pt back of 16th. I did have 2 stranded fights I could have bought tokens for in an emergency but it would have required a full refill and only would only have been worth about 15 pts total.

That is the way it ended. Don't try this at home boys and girls.

Situation is still stable, with me ending again 16th in my last league, and having to ditch the last seven battle tokens to avoid promotion. The unusual, increased presence of 300k+ EGO players in my last league is confirmed, although in my new league they seem less numerous. Up to now my impression is that added players main effect will be only to hinder players that don't use kobans in leagues for token refill (to be able to fight all other players and not only those allowed by free tokens) to reach the higher ranks in their current league.

• Like 1

finished 4th last season ..........didn't really go all out because @Habi who now is @ level 425 was in my league ............could of played smarter but didn't have the

motivation, so why push and press so as to finish 2nd or third when the prizes are the same ............ i was surprised because  i was in 3rd place with a half hour left

in the season, but someone came up late and nipped me just before the deadline...........the difference between 2nd and 4th was 12 points

this season has me in a 100 player league with 22 players @ level 390 or higher  and with a definite distribution skew towards the high end

i won't be getting many 25 point victories in this grouping

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Observer_X said:

players that don't use kobans in leagues for token refill (to be able to fight all other players and not only those allowed by free tokens)

Unless you're in a particularly large league (I'm not even sure how big it can get, but I've heard of 105 players for instance), the free tokens are enough to fight everybody. I never spend kobans on token refills either, and I typically end the season with maybe 3 guys I didn't fight, on average. Some weeks, I literally ran out of fights before running out of tokens.

It depends a bit on your time zone and your sleep pattern to get the maximum amount of free tokens, though. Where I live the reset is at 5AM, so I often miss 15 tokens or more on the first night. For someone living in the US, especially on the West coast, the reset is in the evening instead, which makes things easier. But in any case, free tokens are easily enough to fight 90-95% of your possible opponents if you use them daily, and the few fights you miss out on should be ones that you would have given you very few points, if you choose your opponents wisely.

Players who use token refills usually do it so that they can "rush" and do all or most of their fights in one go. There are different reasons for that, it seems, some like to rush very early on, perhaps in hopes to intimidate the competition; others like to be sneaky and rush on the last day instead. I think in most cases they do that so they can use just one set of boosters for their weekly league fights. I doubt that's worth it in terms of kobans, and I tend to use boosters throughout the week for other parts of the game anyway, but to each their own. And of course, sometimes people do that because they're about to go on a trip or something, which is understandable.

TL;DR I don't know that spending kobans on token refills just to play the last few fights is actually a thing in the league environment. If it really is, I don't think it's worth it (except if you can't play every day, maybe). In any case, I don't think anyone is gaining any type of real advantage over any of their competitors by doing that. It's a waste of kobans if anything, imho.

If you're looking for areas in which us koban spenders have an edge over you the koban non-spender, I'd suggest considering how many useful and specific boosters your opponents are able to choose in the market, while you presumably have to make do with whatever random boosters drop for free. Being able to win a lot more of the fights you make is definitely more impactful on your final ranking than the ability to make a few extra fights.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 1

There's some scope for substituting refills for boosters - if you time things right, you can get through 155/168 hours of a league season with 5 booster sets, and refilling for the remaining 13 hours worth of tokens is cheaper than a 6th set of boosters (at least when they're legendaries).

But yeah, the people who put on boosters and then do all their league fights in one go are just wasting kobans.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In other news, I managed to get as much XP as possible without risking promotion last week (I ended #17). So far, this week's league looks super easy, barely an inconvenience. ^^ I'm the 2nd lowest level once more, but I'm sitting pretty at #4 right now, with no loss yet and many, many easy wins up for grabs.

Honestly, I'm beginning to suspect that D1 is a bit like a high-level Wanker league in its own right, like a no-man's land between noob leagues and pro leagues. If you're a competitive player, you're either still in S3 (or lower, depending how recently you started) and hesitant to promote to the big D leagues, because you expect it to be much harder (just like me a month or so ago ^^), or you're already in the D2/D3 loop with all the veterans. It's my fourth week in D1 by now, so I doubt it's a coincidence that a large number of my opponents each week have had stats and line-ups insanely bad for their level (or just bad, period).

Right now, there's a Level 350 KH player with Norou as his Omega, Samane as his Alpha (both maxed), and stats lower than mine even without boosters (and I'm Level 212)... There's a shockingly high number of players who still use one girl of each class, often not even putting the one that matches their own class as the Alpha... There's roughly as many CH as KH, while HC is the most represented...  I mean, these are players who either do it on purpose (but why?) or who still have about as much of a grasp on the game mechanics and basic strategies as I had when I started playing it four months ago. So, they stay in D1, probably as unable to demote as they are to promote... I don't complain, free wins are free wins, but it's a really weird meta game to be in compared to what I'm used to, let alone to what I read from you guys in the D2/D3 loop.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 1

I think it's mostly just that there just aren't that many players who really care enough about the PvP aspects of the game to research how to play them well. D2 has plenty of very badly built characters/battle squads nowadays as well, and anecdotally even D3 seems to now be getting players who use a wrong-class alpha, etc..

My current D2 has 9 players with wrong-class alphas and 23 (!) with wrong-class betas. And I've seen worse in past weeks. A handful of them might be sort of excusable, namely Charm players who use a HC or KH girl as beta for their better crit type.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Unless you're in a particularly large league (I'm not even sure how big it can get, but I've heard of 105 players for instance), the free tokens are enough to fight everybody. I never spend kobans on token refills either, and I typically end the season with maybe 3 guys I didn't fight, on average. Some weeks, I literally ran out of fights before running out of tokens.

It depends a bit on your time zone and your sleep pattern to get the maximum amount of free tokens, though. Where I live the reset is at 5AM, so I often miss 15 tokens or more on the first night. For someone living in the US, especially on the West coast, the reset is in the evening instead, which makes things easier. But in any case, free tokens are easily enough to fight 90-95% of your possible opponents if you use them daily, and the few fights you miss out on should be ones that you would have given you very few points, if you choose your opponents wisely.

Players who use token refills usually do it so that they can "rush" and do all or most of their fights in one go. There are different reasons for that, it seems, some like to rush very early on, perhaps in hopes to intimidate the competition; others like to be sneaky and rush on the last day instead. I think in most cases they do that so they can use just one set of boosters for their weekly league fights. I doubt that's worth it in terms of kobans, and I tend to use boosters throughout the week for other parts of the game anyway, but to each their own. And of course, sometimes people do that because they're about to go on a trip or something, which is understandable.

TL;DR I don't know that spending kobans on token refills just to play the last few fights is actually a thing in the league environment. If it really is, I don't think it's worth it (except if you can't play every day, maybe). In any case, I don't think anyone is gaining any type of real advantage over any of their competitors by doing that. It's a waste of kobans if anything, imho.

If you're looking for areas in which us koban spenders have an edge over you the koban non-spender, I'd suggest considering how many useful and specific boosters your opponents are able to choose in the market, while you presumably have to make do with whatever random boosters drop for free. Being able to win a lot more of the fights you make is definitely more impactful on your final ranking than the ability to make a few extra fights.

In all my leagues since the added players started to appear, I started at reset with 101 or 102 players, and ended with 107 or 108 players at the next reset. Six players added means 18 possible battles, that translates to a minimum of 54 to a maximum of 450 league points. Even if you consider only an average of 250 points, that could make a huge difference between being in a higher or lower reward tier. I was referring to this rough calculation when I said that non koban spenders would have an hard time reaching the highest ranks, and I am prone to doubt heavily that any booster use would have a relevant impact on that difference (mainly because as one uses boosters, all other players can do the same).

In am in the same timezone as you, and sometimes I lose some battle tokens due to falling asleep or oversleeping (to not talk about unexpected matters I have to tend during week). Given that actually I am trying to stay where I am in Dicktator II, this is a relative annoyance, but when the time will come to pass in Dicktator III (hoping that it will ever come) that will have an heavy relevance on my possibilities to reach rank 1-4. As I said, in that case I don't think boosters would make an huge difference, but should I use them, for now I have quite a supply of normal, rare and epic unused boosters gained from arena battles (and a ymen exhausting turn at x10 great pachinko I had a few months before champions were introduced in the game), and recently with the mythic pachinko legendary boosters have started to add to that reserve.

I already discussed elsewhere before the use of boosters and rushing in the leagues: in that occasion I agreed that it is heavy to rush because to have an increased probability to not waste the kobans spent the rusher needs to keep himself boosted for all week, and that may add to the koban expense, and even placing at 1st place, the difference between kobans spent and gained imho is not a huge treasure chest. Moreover, even with that, unless the rusher reached so high stats that he was able to gain 75 points from every other player (I don't even know if there is someone that has attained this feat before), he can't have 100% certainty to place at 1st position. All in all, rushing is something to do if one have necessity to do it, for example because he can't attend the leagues regularly during week: otherwise, imho, it is a mastodontic waste of kobans.

16 hours ago, _shal_ said:

I think it's mostly just that there just aren't that many players who really care enough about the PvP aspects of the game to research how to play them well. D2 has plenty of very badly built characters/battle squads nowadays as well, and anecdotally even D3 seems to now be getting players who use a wrong-class alpha, etc..

My current D2 has 9 players with wrong-class alphas and 23 (!) with wrong-class betas. And I've seen worse in past weeks. A handful of them might be sort of excusable, namely Charm players who use a HC or KH girl as beta for their better crit type.

A question: are all of those out-of-place girls always at their max level? There may be some players that use the Arena battles to level up their girls, and do not change back every time their battle parties. Should you see me in my league when I am online, you would find me with my main battle party only when I am emptying my battle tokens bar, as I find annoying to change two times my active party (and sometimes also my equipment) every 30 minutes (being this one of the main reasons that I asked for separate parties for arena and leagues in the far epoch when I was still thinking that the devs followed the suggestions thread with good attention).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Observer_X said:

As I said, in that case I don't think boosters would make an huge difference, but should I use them, for now I have quite a supply of normal, rare and epic unused boosters gained from arena battles

I think you underestimate the impact of boosters and overestimate the impact of missing a handful of fights that, once again, should be those that you would almost certainly lose anyway, and not gain too many points from. Granted, I'm in D1 and you're in D2, and the average power level of your opponents must be higher than mine. But still, I'm level freaking 213. I've been playing the game for only a few months, and I had to actively throw tokens away to avoid promotion multiple times already, while being up against 99% of players way higher level than me. Don't you think this kind of proves my point that winning most of your fights is more impactful than playing every last fight? And I wouldn't have achieved this without boosters; good boosters, chosen carefully and often bought at the market.

Speaking about boosters... Sure, you have a huge pile of random boosters that dropped for free, but so does everybody else, and most of these boosters are garbage. I have 76 common boosters in my inventory right now (I can't be bothered to sell them one by one for a few Ymens, but I'll never use them either). I also have 19 jujubes of various rarities (same thing, they're so bad they're basically cosmetics). All in all, I have 114 boosters in my inventory as of this writing, and only 25 of them might ever see play. If I take the greens out as well, I only have 14 really good boosters, out of my current 114. And that's despite regularly buying those I want in the market! I typically use at least 2 epics a day (and 2 greens), but for certain objectives I use up to 4 at once (I keep my legendaries for later, I'm too low level to really benefit from them yet). You definitely can't keep up with that, let alone with higher level players who only use good epics and legendaries all the time, with just your free drops.

And of course, I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who wants to be decently competitive, here, not someone aiming for #1 or even top 4 in the highest leagues... Your post seems to suggest that you imagine ever having a shot at that despite your no-koban policy... I'm sorry if I'm bursting your bubble with this, but you absolutely don't. People who win big in D2, let alone in D3, from what I've seen and heard in this very thread, in my club and elsewhere, are usually not just very strong (that's a given, though). They also know all the intricacies of their league's meta and mechanics, and they make an active effort to maximize their results using every inch of advantage they can grab, including those that kobans can provide. With all due respect, from the various discussions we've both been in, you don't strike me as a master in the art of fine-tuning every little thing to achieve the best possible results in this game. In the top tiers of the higher leagues, you're up against people like shal, jelom, casey or snowman, to name a few of our regular performers in this thread, who have knowledge, power and the willingness to incorporate all their resources into their strategy in order to win. No offense, but with your current approach and strategy, I don't think you'd stand a chance to score very high in that environment, regardless of account level.

There may be some players that use the Arena battles to level up their girls, and do not change back every time their battle parties.

I don't think so, because we're not talking about bad Omega girls, here. We're talking about bad Beta and even Alpha girls. Letting a weak character leech XP and AFF in Arena is a common and useful practice, of course, but only in the Omega slot (maybe also in the Beta slot if you're confident enough in your Alpha and boosters to carry you). Otherwise, you just lose more Arena fights, which doesn't help anyone, including the weak Alpha and/or Beta girls you're trying to level up.

4 hours ago, Observer_X said:

A question: are all of those out-of-place girls always at their max level?

Almost all are, yes. They're typically 5-star legendaries of the wrong classes.

5 hours ago, Observer_X said:

In all my leagues since the added players started to appear, I started at reset with 101 or 102 players, and ended with 107 or 108 players at the next reset. (...) Given that actually I am trying to stay where I am in Dicktator II, this is a relative annoyance, but when the time will come to pass in Dicktator III (hoping that it will ever come) that will have an heavy relevance on my possibilities to reach rank 1-4.

It cannot happen in D3.

Edited by _shal_

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

And of course, I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who wants to be decently competitive, here, not someone aiming for #1 or even top 4 in the highest leagues... Your post seems to suggest that you imagine ever having a shot at that despite your no-koban policy... I'm sorry if I'm bursting your bubble with this, but you absolutely don't. People who win big in D2, let alone in D3, from what I've seen and heard in this very thread, in my club and elsewhere, are usually not just very strong (that's a given, though). They also know all the intricacies of their league's meta and mechanics, and they make an active effort to maximize their results using every inch of advantage they can grab, including those that kobans can provide. With all due respect, from the various discussions we've both been in, you don't strike me as a master in the art of fine-tuning every little thing to achieve the best possible results in this game. In the top tiers of the higher leagues, you're up against people like shal, jelom, casey or snowman, to name a few of our regular performers in this thread, who have knowledge, power and the willingness to incorporate all their resources into their strategy in order to win. No offense, but with your current approach and strategy, I don't think you'd stand a chance to score very high in that environment, regardless of account level.

I don't think so, because we're not talking about bad Omega girls, here. We're talking about bad Beta and even Alpha girls. Letting a weak character leech XP and AFF in Arena is a common and useful practice, of course, but only in the Omega slot (maybe also in the Beta slot if you're confident enough in your Alpha and boosters to carry you). Otherwise, you just lose more Arena fights, which doesn't help anyone, including the weak Alpha and/or Beta girls you're trying to level up.

It's obvious that we disagree on this matter, although I invite you to remember this and think again about this when you will be near level 400 pending between Dicktator II and Dicktator III. Maybe you will find the situation a little different. Anyways, actually I equip normal boosters just to exhaust them when they drop, I am perfectly aware they are quite garbage, but given the sell price I prefer to use them rather than sell them. In the near future I will probably apply the same policy to rare boosters, having over 250 of them in my inventory. Anyway, if you read my past reports, being actually willing to stay in Dicktator II, more than once I had myself the necessity to ditch the last battle tokens of the week to avoid promotion (even when not using any booster), plus often purposefully reducing my battle strength to gain less points in battles that I could not win (and I mean battles that I could not win even if I had been boostered with my best available boosters).

I obviously hope that in the future I will be able to contradict you about the "bursting my bubble". Although generally pessimistic in nature, I must be positive on this, or else probably I would have to avoid play the leagues entirely, and that would mean that, given the importance of the leagues in the game, if would become worthless for me to play the game... and I can't let this happen for such a reason. About the matter of fine-tuning... I bet, as I never tried to! I ask for your forgiveness if my past talking has given you a different impression, but when I post, in general it is simply because I am willing to say mine on the matter at hand, but I am no teacher, and will never pretend to be one. As I wrote elsewhere in the past, if a fellow player finds what I write good and agrees with me, I am really happy, but I won't lose sleep upon bad or destructive criticism (so, if by chance you were worrying, no offense taken from your opinions, which you are absolutely entitled to have, as I am). Going back to the leagues, I suppose one could say that my actual strategy is extremely simple: go with the flow, gain the most points I can when I consume tokens to gain ranks, and when I have to hold the brake to avoid promotion, as I said above, reduce my strength and gain as less point as possible (simply to gain anyway a few experience points). I have neither the time nor the willpower to elaborate more complex strategies, and for now I am not dissatisfied with the rewards I am obtaining. When the time will come, I will play my cards and try to achieve some good results if I will be able: keep in mind, however, that my objective is not getting to win every single league I will found myself in (I personally consider that a matter for game whales), only be able to get in the higher ranks sometimes. And given that now the mythic pachinko drops legendary boosters for free, I think that is an objective reachable sooner or later by every player: sure, not with the same frequency, but indeed reachable at least once in a while (apart strokes of bad luck).

Ehm... did you read the rest of my post? I will try to be more clear. First, I am one of those players I mentioned. Since the introduction in the game of experience points for girls in arena battles, I used the arena to level up my girls. Initially I leveled up only my main battle team, then later, when the experience for a level started to needed too many battles won, i started to level up my other girls until they reached level 100. For two times in the past i reduced my battle strength to the minimum possible using some weak equipment I kept exactly for that purpose, and started a cycle fighting (and losing) battles in the arena to lower my mojo. In the moment I write this post, I have started three days ago the third of those cycles. Second, when I used the arena to level up my other girls, initially I changed only the Beta and the Omega, but after doing the "mojo cutting cycles" I was able to level up in the arena a party of three charm girls (note that I am hardcore). As I heard in the past of other players using the arena to level up girls, the question I made to shal came up. I simply just thought that it was a possibility, but given shal answer, I was probably wrong. Sometimes I think someone should write a game manual and find a way to force players to read it.

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

It cannot happen in D3.

Sure, I should have been more precise: I should have said "will have an heavy relevance on my possibilities to reach rank 1-4 in Dicktator II". I think that, save some future contortion in the game, should I ever be able to reach the highest ranks in the chaos of Dicktator III that will probably happen in that no-one-knows-how-far-future after the devs wil declare the end of further game development.

Hell, nearly two hours to write this... 7:04 am... I think I need some sleep. -_-

Edited by Observer_X
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

if by chance you were worrying, no offense taken from your opinions, which you are absolutely entitled to have, as I am

Thanks, and I'm cool with you as well. We disagree on some things and have different approaches to the game, but it's interesting to share and I don't judge you or anything. You do you, and that post was a good read. I think I'm beginning to get a better grasp of your perspective and ambitions in this game, now. And sure, if your goal is just to win your D2 league once, or every now and then, it's a different story. You could plan for it and save up enough strong boosters from your random free drops, wait for a favorable week, and go all in.

I'll also have to agree to disagree on your mojo-losing strategy's usefulness in the long run for the arena, although I'm glad you told me about it, because I didn't suspect some players went that far in that direction. I think you're actually losing out on tons of XP (and AFF for your girls) by losing on purpose to lower your mojo in order to score easy wins for a bit. It's also a lot of tedious work, by the sounds of it, and I'd be bored doing it even if it actually benefited me (which again I'm fairly certain that it wouldn't).

Here's my approach to that: I go to the arena the same way I go everywhere else in this game: as strong as possible. I don't take notes for that, so I don't know my exact win rate, but I honestly lose one fight every other day or so (and I do dozens of arena fights a day). When I want to let a girl catch up, I just use her as my Omega, since it very rarely matters, but I always keep my strongest Alpha and Beta in my line-up. When I do that, it's already tedious to switch back to my real Omega for the league fights, and then remember which girl I was leveling, and switch again for the arena. So I sometimes forget to switch. My mojo is often super high (I was in the top 10 one week, yay! even if that gives basically no reward lol), and my arena opponents are typically about on par with my average league opponent. I can beat that almost always, and I never have to go through a mojo-killing cycle, so I'm pretty sure I must earn more XP for my girls and myself this way. I also avoid offering a bunch of easy wins to my league opponents while I level up my weak girls in the arena, so it's a win-win as far as I'm concerned. ^^ But to each their own, of course.

PS: To avoid promotion, your way also seems like a lot of unnecessary work to me, for little gain. Just stop fighting when you're very close to top 15, and then check every now and then if you've dropped enough, and do just enough fights to stay on target. That's what I do. I don't think I'm missing out on a lot of XP this way compared to your way, and I find it a lot easier.

Best of luck to you, in any case. :) 

Anyway, if you read my past reports, being actually willing to stay in Dicktator II, more than once I had myself the necessity to ditch the last battle tokens of the week to avoid promotion (even when not using any booster), plus often purposefully reducing my battle strength to gain less points in battles that I could not win (and I mean battles that I could not win even if I had been boostered with my best available boosters).

If you're consistently ending up with unspent tokens to stay below 15th place, it might be worthwhile to reduce your strength in winning matchups, too.

PS: To avoid promotion, your way also seems like a lot of unnecessary work to me, for little gain. Just stop fighting when you're very close to top 15, and then check every now and then if you've dropped enough, and do just enough fights to stay on target. That's what I do. I don't think I'm missing out on a lot of XP this way compared to your way, and I find it a lot easier.

Okay, if you're finding yourself with unspent tokens to stay below 15th place, I'd say you're spending too much on boosters. :P

Edited by _shal_
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I'll also have to agree to disagree on your mojo-losing strategy's usefulness in the long run for the arena, although I'm glad you told me about it, because I didn't suspect some players went that far in that direction. I think you're actually losing out on tons of XP (and AFF for your girls) by losing on purpose to lower your mojo in order to score easy wins for a bit. It's also a lot of tedious work, by the sounds of it, and I'd be bored doing it even if it actually benefited me (which again I'm fairly certain that it wouldn't).

Here's my approach to that: I go to the arena the same way I go everywhere else in this game: as strong as possible. I don't take notes for that, so I don't know my exact win rate, but I honestly lose one fight every other day or so (and I do dozens of arena fights a day). When I want to let a girl catch up, I just use her as my Omega, since it very rarely matters, but I always keep my strongest Alpha and Beta in my line-up. When I do that, it's already tedious to switch back to my real Omega for the league fights, and then remember which girl I was leveling, and switch again for the arena. So I sometimes forget to switch. My mojo is often super high (I was in the top 10 one week, yay! even if that gives basically no reward lol), and my arena opponents are typically about on par with my average league opponent. I can beat that almost always, and I never have to go through a mojo-killing cycle, so I'm pretty sure I must earn more XP for my girls and myself this way. I also avoid offering a bunch of easy wins to my league opponents while I level up my weak girls in the arena, so it's a win-win as far as I'm concerned. ^^ But to each their own, of course.

The first "mojo cutting cycle" i did was a try to find out if the overall process could be useful (obviously relative to the time I can spend with the game and the quantity of effort I am willing to spend). I was satisfied with the fact that usually after two, or at most three weeks of losing battles, I was then able to use the arena with almost any party of three level 1 girls and bring them to level 100 using the strength of my equipment in more or less one week (depending on the girls rarity), and then repeat the process for quite a number of weeks before the need to lower my mojo arised again. Before the actual mojo cutting cycle (the one I started a few days ago), I was able to bring from level 1 to level 100 more or less 36 girls, plus more or less other 70 girls from level 50-60 (leveled from 1 after the previous mojo-cutting cycle) to level 100. People is free to deem it as a poor result, but I am satisfied with it, especially because this way my girls were leveled enough to being effective enough with the champions.

17 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

15 hours ago, _shal_ said:

If you're consistently ending up with unspent tokens to stay below 15th place, it might be worthwhile to reduce your strength in winning matchups, too.

Again, given the time and effort I am able and willing to spend to play the leagues, the strategy (if the word strategy can be used) I wrote in my post was adequate to the purpose. @_shal_ has a point about reducing my strength on winnable battles, but that would require that kind of micromanagement and calculations (or alternatively, annoying trial and error) I was referring when i wrote:

19 hours ago, Observer_X said:

I have neither the time nor the willpower to elaborate more complex strategies, and for now I am not dissatisfied with the rewards I am obtaining.

So, unless some strategy changing becomes necessary (for example due to some future change in the game mechanics), for now I will continue like before.

18 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Best of luck to you, in any case. :) 

And to you too. :)

• Like 2

So far I have 0 Points in my d3 league; first spot for a non-demotion has 10 Points (and he most likely is very frustrated cause I joined one day letter the league (also I am not sure if I already was placed (what I am not believing regarding the reports for late joining since the last league patch))). It seems to be a very bad league for me xp-wise.

40 minutes ago, blaa said:

So far I have 0 Points in my d3 league; first spot for a non-demotion has 10 Points (and he most likely is very frustrated cause I joined one day letter the league (also I am not sure if I already was placed (what I am not believing regarding the reports for late joining since the last league patch))). It seems to be a very bad league for me xp-wise.

D3 doesn't have late joins. It's when you get "dropped" from the league and have to rejoin that puts you into an already existing league. Not claiming the rewards still has you in the current one.

17 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

D3 doesn't have late joins. It's when you get "dropped" from the league and have to rejoin that puts you into an already existing league. Not claiming the rewards still has you in the current one.

Thanks for explaining. So, well, no excuse for him. Maybe he's still hoping that someone will get more points

1 hour ago, MaybeRegret said:

I read with such envy that someone scored 2000+ points and still demoted. 

Look at the last demotion place in my current D3 league :P . And there are still two days left, they could probably reach 2500 points and still demote.

image.png.5962f0c76231612b98070fbd8dbe18bc.png

• Sad 1