How you doing in the "League"

casey

I finished first in D3 with 6846 points. Nari was 2nd at more distance than expected. Sygfried's 4th position surpassed other players with more levels than him.

image.png.a68b39269b410d3a04999dc6f2c8b222.png

This week I am paired with Varlock with stats a bit over mine, so my winning streak will probably end.

• Like 3

Finished 9th this time. Kinda messed up at the end, I had 4 fights left to do. But that wouldn't change my rank, so not worth a refill. Still some wasted xp. 

Not sure if it stayed that way, but minutes before the deadline, someone was 5th with 2 points less than no 4. Ouch. 😅

• Like 3

Despite being the 2nd highest leveled know-how player, I managed to win my D3 league just over Jechko ☺️ 

I got 22.91 in average per fight, so I was really unsure if Jechko would pass me in the last hours or not. But I woke up to a victory after getting in 2nd place two weeks in a row xD 

• Like 3

On 12/19/2019 at 7:29 AM, _shal_ said:

In D2 I'm again the only player who has won there before, and the biggest threat (KH player, 17 levels higher) seems like he might be going for demotion - his profile shows a best result of 1x 2nd in D2, but 6x 1st in D1.

Was 7 wins in D1 for that guy, actually, I guess the profile stats only update once the last week's reward has actually been claimed. And I had overlooked another player with even 11 D1 wins. Both did demote, naturally. The highest-level KH player in the bracket had super-weak stats so wasn't any sort of problem, and the second-highest did have strong stats but didn't bother to boost at all, and eventually finished...10th? After spending the first 6 and a half days perched just outside the top 15, no less. Really odd gameplay, I was certain he'd be going for a non-promotion.

So all that led to this result:

image.png.2badc1fc79820bf2a2b8ff67bdcee01e.png

For those scoring at home, that's an average of only 21.14 for the second-place finisher (318 battles), assuming they finished off all opponents. Would have been a ridiculously soft - or more charitably, a remarkably wide-open - bracket if not for, well, me. :P I even ended up punting my last booster round on Wednesday and burned off some epics instead of the usual legendaries to save 360 kobans, so that final score is probably 25-50 lower than it could have been.

Anyway, emblematic of what a weak bracket it was: #2 and #4 were Charm players, #3 was HC, only #5 was another KH player. #4 heika was the only other upper-level player to boost throughout the week, and it arguably paid off; I don't think level 359 Charm accounts have that many opportunities to top 4 D2 seasons. #3 Dante played an astoundingly inefficient and ineffective season - showed up a day and a half late as an extra entrant, but finished a day early anyway, and didn't seem to have any sort of coherent boost/refill strategy. Oh well. Wasn't a huge surprise that he didn't even manage to hold on to 2nd place in the end, after (of course) leading all season long.

My new D3 bracket makes me wish I was level 390 rather than 370, as I'd actually fancy my chances in there. As it is it's of course just another tanking week back to D2.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 3

I finished #18 in last week's D1 once again, and once again I had to skip almost all of my fights for the last day or so to avoid top 15, like the past few weeks.

I might be using more boosters than needed to maintain my weekly top 30 finish, as shal pointed out. The thing is I boost primarily for champions these days (Visor is my main opponent at this point, and even boosted he requires a lot of tickets), and the steady income from winning almost all my arena fights is also nice. I'll experiment with weaker combinations, though.

I'm only the 3rd lowest level this week! ^^ And I claimed my rewards almost 12 hours after the reset, because I slept better last night (reset is at 5am in my time zone, so it's not great for my health when I'm online when it happens). So I'm starting this new league from behind, which is probably for the best anyway. I won't be strong enough to claim a top 4 anytime soon, so I just need a top 30.

Best of luck to you all, and happy holidays!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, casey said:

finished 2nd in the season just ended but don't hold any high hopes for the current season........the player who beat me last season is in my league plus i need to contend with

Mot_131 level 418

And me 😂 wait, that's not contending. It is looking pitifully at the charm player.

Anyway, I finished 4th last season, so that's a win. Not as big a win as back-to-back 1st places in D3 on Nutaku 😂

• Like 3

A comfortable 11th in D3 but with 5 days of orange this time.

My new D3 has 9 players at 4xx and 8 more at 39x. I am L378, 48th by level so I am happy with a 5-15 finish.

Not too long ago a 4xx was a sight to see. Now, if I can catch them unboosted, I can take 'em. I have already beaten 3 2/3 of the 4xxs in this week's league.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2018 at 5:25 PM, Hollo said:

Tied for 10th, 30 points (5 victories, natch). Once I got the hang of what was going on, I'm now trying to take on the highest level opponents I can still confidently beat, in order to milk XP while still getting max points.

ETA: One thing I'm noticing that wasn't in the FAQ: I have one "W" showing on each opponent I beat so far. I'm guessing I can challenge any one opponent up to 3 times per league period, and I assume that's to avoid abuse. Clever.

When you win one challenge of a particular opponent then you should immediately challenge the same opponent because when you win the first almost all the time you can be sure of winning all 3 challenges that way you ensure you'll get the most wins. That's what I'm doing and it works 99% of the times but the 1% is mostly my own fault because I will challenge much higher level opponents too. 

Ended 19th in my last Dicktator II (18th was expected, got surpassed in the very last minutes), so the cycle continues. Again, the number of 300k+ EGO players in my new league seems quite high. Nevertheless, given the results of the last few weeks, I am still fairly calm about the result.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chthugha said:

And me 😂 wait, that's not contending. It is looking pitifully at the charm player.

Anyway, I finished 4th last season, so that's a win. Not as big a win as back-to-back 1st places in D3 on Nutaku 😂

My apologies for not noticing my team leader is in the same league as me............but that is his style, keeping a low key presence until it's crunch time:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, RicardoPenders1982 said:

When you win one challenge of a particular opponent then you should immediately challenge the same opponent because when you win the first almost all the time you can be sure of winning all 3 challenges that way you ensure you'll get the most wins. That's what I'm doing and it works 99% of the times but the 1% is mostly my own fault because I will challenge much higher level opponents too. 

You do realize you were responding to a more than one year old post there, from the very first week after leagues were introduced? I'm pretty sure the basics of selecting opponents are not a secret anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2019 at 10:50 AM, _shal_ said:

You do realize you were responding to a more than one year old post there, from the very first week after leagues were introduced? I'm pretty sure the basics of selecting opponents are not a secret anymore.

Well, the discussion came up front in the forum so I thought it may be helpful to new people still that's why I responded.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

On 12/26/2019 at 5:13 AM, blaa said:

didnt get a demotion, but a kick from my league (normal with 0 points?), means also no rewards

my d2 looks not promising at all, no chance of winning this time, so 16-30 it is

well, maybe I should have tried it, the player who looked unbeatable for me (404k ego, 66 atd, 20k defense, 6 d2 wins, lvl389), isnt fighting with boosters at all (dont know why he started the league with it, when he most likely demoted) - at the moment the top are a KH and a charm player, both would have been beatable, I guess

But still nice to grind some XP, really need it

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blaa said:

well, maybe I should have tried it, the player who looked unbeatable for me (404k ego, 66 atd, 20k defense, 6 d2 wins, lvl389), isnt fighting with boosters at all (dont know why he started the league with it, when he most likely demoted)

Yeah, I've encountered weird players like that, too. I suppose it's possible that some may be boosting for non-league reasons (arena, champions), but it does make it difficult to judge leagues at the start. For me, the way I handle my boosters kind of helps out - with 5 sets of them I can only cover 155 hours of the week so I have to let 13 hours of tokens go to waste at some point (refilling them is cheaper than a 6th booster set), and I typically let those 13 hours pass at the start. That allows me some extra time to get a handle on how the league is likely to develop.

(Of course, in both of my latest D2 seasons the main competition turned out to be a player who wasn't even in the league bracket yet until more than a day had passed...)

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

Yeah, I've encountered weird players like that, too. I suppose it's possible that some may be boosting for non-league reasons (arena, champions), but it does make it difficult to judge leagues at the start. For me, the way I handle my boosters kind of helps out - with 5 sets of them I can only cover 155 hours of the week so I have to let 13 hours of tokens go to waste at some point (refilling them is cheaper than a 6th booster set), and I typically let those 13 hours pass at the start. That allows me some extra time to get a handle on how the league is likely to develop.

(Of course, in both of my latest D2 seasons the main competition turned out to be a player who wasn't even in the league bracket yet until more than a day had passed...)

yeah, sounds like a smart proceding for leagues  (so you start boosting after or before 6 pm server time?) - it seems you also think that you dont have to be boosted all the time, arent you afraid that this could make the difference in the end? (but of course it doesnt if the real competion joins a day later)

11 minutes ago, blaa said:

yeah, sounds like a smart proceding for leagues  (so you start boosting after or before 6 pm server time?) - it seems you also think that you dont have to be boosted all the time, arent you afraid that this could make the difference in the end? (but of course it doesnt if the real competion joins a day later)

If you time your own boosters well, you can spend your last token before your boosters expire, and then wait up to 8 3/4 hours before your bar fills again to reapply the boosters. This allows you to do all of your fights while boosted without having to use 7 sets of boosters (I personally use 6 because I don't demote so I always want boosters active for a new league).

If you meant defending wise, being unboosted when a person capable of beating you fights you is going to give them an extra 3, maybe 4 points per fight? Very rarely is 1st place decided by 9-12 points. The gap is often 50+ for me in d3, and shal's regularly posted a few hundred point gaps I believe.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just really started in the last month or so (from Wanker I, where I rightly belong, one would say) to almost this, the first level...

image.png.e1f8d8dc1c51cb9073be37020fd3b8c5.png

[Courtesy Heavy Petal.ca]  I think this is a not-so-sweet potato though, or kumera as we call it in New Zealand.

I expect to finish 7th -9th in each of my accounts to advance to Dicktator I, but I cannot keep going like this.  For one thing it consumes a lot of my time and for another, it consumes a lot of kobans just to buy the necessary boosters.  I'll get a lot of those back this coming Thursday, though, when I place.

Over the last day and a quarter, though, I expect to lose a lot since I've cleaned out all the low hanging fruit.  I don't expect to advance very far in Dicktator I as the serious players begin at this level.  I might drop out again and start over.

This week I did 6983 points, a good mark, making over 23 in average, but I was beated by Varlock by 37 points and reached only the second place. He changed his boosters configuration some times during the week, but mostly used the same as me.

image.png.1a47db9b18b70d99cf64c60c45ca24b1.png

For this season I will have to work hard again against mainly @[CNO] Tiben and @Slynia.

• Like 2

As planned I got 16. in the previous season; probably could have won the whole league, like you all probably read...

Now I am looking on a new, very promising d2, if not another (unbeatable) player appeares out of the blue, I really like my chances. So most likely see you in d3 next week!

• Like 1

I won my D3 league last season with 6973 points, 165 points before 2nd place. 
This week I am with @jelom for the 3rd time that I can remember, and he always beats me >_<

As you can see from his post, he got 10 points more than me last season so. Every point is going to count for me this season! 

Good luck jelom :)

3 hours ago, jelom said:

This week I did 6983 points, a good mark, making over 23 in average.
For this season I will have to work hard again against mainly @[CNO] Tiben and @Slynia.

• Like 2