How you doing in the "League"

casey

Finished 3rd in D3 the season just ended, the player who beat me the previous season finished ahead of me again by a few points ........ but the  winner was about 145 points

further ahead of me................of note my club leader @Chthugha who was a charm player has switched over to the dark side and has become a KH disciple 

• Like 3

The three players who had previously managed to win in D3 ended up in a close-run decision amongst themselves:

image.png.d6b82013a9cfa457a04dab5ddf6eba59.png

All three KH players, naturally, as were #4 and #5.

About 15k XP for me en route to demotion, not great but could've been worse.

image.png.27d0c00f56f6fc0943c428388f85a56b.png

Weirdly, Harumont was the one on the hot seat until about 24 hours before the end, and then malixpop decided to move 6 points ahead of him... Oh well, I managed to get in one more battle after that. (Amusingly I'm with Harumont again in D2 this week.)

That new D2 looks quite winnable again. At the start of the season there was nobody else who's ever won here before, and even just 3 players who had managed at least a top 4 result at some time (one Charm, two HC). Two of the so far five late entrants are decent KH accounts, one of them 9 levels up but never better than 3rd place, the other a one-time previous winner but 9 levels below me. Anyway, we're on the third player stats snapshot by now and so far none of the strongest players seem to bother boosting at all, so this could prove to be another cakewalk like the season two weeks ago. If no further threats show up late I'll probably try to save some booster expenses again.

Level-wise I'm the 14th-highest in the bracket this time, IIRC the first season in D2 (probably ever in any tier, even) where I'm nominally a top 15 player.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 2

I finished #16 in my D1, but I had a really close call near the end (that screenshot is from a few hours before the reset):

1974485733_HHLeagueStory09(D2PromotionScare).png.7801b0c40618611e3604f5e3c5da2980.png

And that was despite using 4 common boosters on the last day (and still skipping a bunch of fights along the way, more because of new year's eve than as a strategy, though ^^).

This week, I'm trying the "no booster? no problem!" approach. I got lucky with Visor recently, so boosting myself for champion fights isn't a priority for the time being, so let's see how it goes. Arena losses is the main downside so far, but we'll see. My new D1 is easy as usual, and I'm like the 10th lowest level or so this time. ^^

• Like 2

Oh BTW, this is from one of my alts last season, about half a day before the finish line:

unknown.png

The leader there has 6 wins in that tier and 6 in the next one above. He's in a fully maxed club and is of course level 367 as shown in the screenshot. Naturally, this means that this is a

Sexpert 2

bracket.

• Haha 2

Again, situation is fairly stable in Dicktator II: ended 18th in the last league, with a bunch of non usable tokens left. My new league seems almost on the same lines, except maybe a slightly reduction in average difficulty, due to less 300+K EGO players in comparison to previous weeks, so it is possible that I will need to ditch more tokens than last week.

• Like 2

Considering I was Wanker I a few weeks ago and in last place, when I started playing again I managed to claw my way up to Dicktator I, but this is where my game ends.  I simply haven't got the fire power (even stacked with legendary boosters) to progress much further.  So far I managed to get to first place (once) in this account to progress to Sexpert II, but this was getting all the low hanging fruit.  These have all gone and, with four days left, I expect to lose consistently from now on, but I still might place for around 13 points per losing challenge.

I'm not in a club so I don't benefit from this association.

It's a bugger really... For getting ending in third place in Sexpert III in Peckerbird I managed to get around 1,800 kobans, plus a heap of money and some combativity points.  But that's the connundrum.  To get to that point cost me around 700 kobans in boosters to last me only two days.  The leagues to me is like a bloody treadmill that is hard to get off.  For instance, in Dicktator I I got up to second place in Peckerbird, went to bed and all the players at the other side of the world bumped me back down to 56th place.  With all low hanging fruit gone it's hard to claw back up from this position.

I should never have started it, but it was fun while it lasted.  I think I'd have to be a paying member to play this game seriously and stand any chance of winning at the higher levels.  I'd rather collect girls and play the Pachinko.  Good luck to all of you others.  You're doing well.

5 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Considering I was Wanker I a few weeks ago and in last place, when I started playing again I managed to claw my way up to Dicktator I, but this is where my game ends.  I simply haven't got the fire power (even stacked with legendary boosters) to progress much further.  So far I managed to get to first place (once) in this account to progress to Sexpert II, but this was getting all the low hanging fruit.  These have all gone and, with four days left, I expect to lose consistently from now on, but I still might place for around 13 points per losing challenge.

I'm not in a club so I don't benefit from this association.

It's a bugger really... For getting ending in third place in Sexpert III in Peckerbird I managed to get around 1,800 kobans, plus a heap of money and some combativity points.  But that's the connundrum.  To get to that point cost me around 700 kobans in boosters to last me only two days.  The leagues to me is like a bloody treadmill that is hard to get off.  For instance, in Dicktator I I got up to second place in Peckerbird, went to bed and all the players at the other side of the world bumped me back down to 56th place.  With all low hanging fruit gone it's hard to claw back up from this position.

I should never have started it, but it was fun while it lasted.  I think I'd have to be a paying member to play this game seriously and stand any chance of winning at the higher levels.  I'd rather collect girls and play the Pachinko.  Good luck to all of you others.  You're doing well.

You might as well just do what you can. Don't worry about results. Just reap the rewards from minimal play. It is still more than nothing.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2019 at 6:16 AM, GeorgeMTO said:

If you time your own boosters well, you can spend your last token before your boosters expire, and then wait up to 8 3/4 hours before your bar fills again to reapply the boosters. This allows you to do all of your fights while boosted without having to use 7 sets of boosters (I personally use 6 because I don't demote so I always want boosters active for a new league).

If you meant defending wise, being unboosted when a person capable of beating you fights you is going to give them an extra 3, maybe 4 points per fight? Very rarely is 1st place decided by 9-12 points. The gap is often 50+ for me in d3, and shal's regularly posted a few hundred point gaps I believe.

I found that too.  With bugger all kobans to spare I really did have to time using my boosters carefully.  I could buy them when what I wanted was available in the store, but keep them until I needed them.  All the same, I'm having to face the prospect of losing every time because the low hanging fruit has gone.  All the same, I might still place, even if I lose.  For me, that's Dicktator I.  I'm relatively new to the leagues.

Still, I might quit again soon.  I just don't have the time to stay on this treadmill.  Plus, I have to sleep.

1 minute ago, Chthugha said:

You might as well just do what you can. Don't worry about results. Just reap the rewards from minimal play. It is still more than nothing.

Cheers, thanks so much for your kind advice.  Yes, I'll keep going and do what I can.  Even 50th place and cash but no kobans is better than nothing.  That's where I get beaten down to if I don't keep playing endlessly.

13 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Even 50th place and cash but no kobans is better than nothing.

image.png.c8a353b04f47ba4a94daf5894dbc8943.png

Meanwhile...

3 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Two of the so far five late entrants are decent KH accounts, one of them 9 levels up but never better than 3rd place, the other a one-time previous winner but 9 levels below me.

That lower-level late joiner has now decided to rush. Must've happened at some point during the last couple of hours as he's boosted now per his profile but wasn't yet on the most recent snapshot at midnight. If he's completely done at his current 7137 points that's an average of 22.88 which won't be troubling me.

6 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

image.png.c8a353b04f47ba4a94daf5894dbc8943.png

Meanwhile...

That lower-level late joiner has now decided to rush. Must've happened at some point during the last couple of hours as he's boosted now per his profile but wasn't yet on the most recent snapshot at midnight. If he's completely done at his current 7137 points that's an average of 22.88 which won't be troubling me.

Oh har har!  I don't really care.  I'm not seriously playing anyway and if I get the replacement kobans for booster purchase plus a few spares I'll be happy.  I was just dabbling to see how it went and I'll probably disappear as fast as I joined after this season.

5 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Oh har har!  I don't really care.  I'm not seriously playing anyway and if I get the replacement kobans for booster purchase plus a few spares I'll be happy.  I was just dabbling to see how it went and I'll probably disappear as fast as I joined after this season.

It sounds to me like the low-stress and probably also more profitable way to play your account(s) would be to take the demotion back to Sexpert 3 and go for easy top 30 or top 45 results there without spending on boosters at all.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, _shal_ said:

It sounds to me like the low-stress and probably also more profitable way to play your account(s) would be to take the demotion back to Sexpert 3 and go for easy top 30 or top 45 results there without spending on boosters at all.

Yes, that is true and is my probable choice.  There's an elite group at the top who take this competition very seriously, you among them.  I'm not one of them, but I've come close to being hooked by my successes to date.  My reality check is fast approaching, however, as I begin to lose my challenges.

Obviously, The Leagues is not for everybody, as the following screen shots show:

image.png.9a43cd6fe475d9e150f6daed442bd7eb.png

He's right down the bottom and may be demoted to Sexpert III.  Look at his level... Now this:

image.png.133fd4cd6b01b73541893b8d4d90e93d.png

Stats to die for!!  Even his harmony levels are right up there.  Even though he's charm he could still get in some king hits and has good defense against KH I notice.  One thing I can guarantee is that, since he has no points, it means he isn't playing at this level (he must've been at some stage to get up to Dicktator I).  It's almost a cert, too, that doesn't use boosters, unlike the also-rans like me, and this is making me turn green with envy.  He's probably an occasional player with better things to do than to play The Leagues, even though he could win with one arm tied behind his back, although probably not against those big ego guys with lvls 400+.  Lol.

I'm hoping he reads this and resumes playing.  He'd knock a few skites among you down to size I expect.  He'd take me down with them but I don't really care.

It's just a full rainbow set and the right champions, though he doesn't have Shtupra. I'm not really impressed, I've seen many like it at lvl 380 and up. 

He probably quit playing a while back and is slowly dropping down the league tables. 

4 hours ago, DHarry said:

It's just a full rainbow set and the right champions, though he doesn't have Shtupra. I'm not really impressed, I've seen many like it at lvl 380 and up. 

He probably quit playing a while back and is slowly dropping down the league tables. 

Yeah, my thoughts too.  Like me, he's probably sick of the grind involved, but with those stats he at least ought to keep playing in the lower leagues by deliberately letting himself get demoted a place.  He should get first place and a ton of kobans, combativity points and cash for the effort in Sexpert II or III.  I would in his place.  Still we can get fantastic rewards but it's a damn treadmill.  I might see if I can at least place in the first 15 at D1 without needing boosters.  I just might do it in Peregrine Took because the last time I had a go I was at 5th place.  Then I'll decide if it's worth carrying on.  I can get down to as low as 5 points for a loss against those powerful egomaniacs, so my points accumulation would be terrible and not enough to stop me dropping down the ladder with all the low hanging fruit gone this early in the season.

I suggest HH introduce an opt-out option to stay where we are instead of having to be automatically promoted if we place at 15th or higher.

I haven't played the champions for quite awhile now and I've only got Dameda and Lissa in Lili so far (and Dameda in Peregrine Took).  Too many successful final attempts for no girl reward whatsoever and a really slow grind getting there, although I could skip if I wanted to.  I like playing Whaty in my other accounts to see him change into the epitome of anger and a sore loser - a real scream!  Outrageously funny artwork in his final form!  I haven't got anywhere near trying for the five-star legendaries yet.  I might get back into it at some stage to use up some of the stupid tickets I seem to be accumulating, but I need to max out the levels of more of my girls first.  Again, it's super time-consuming, even more so than playing The Leagues.

11 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I suggest HH introduce an opt-out option to stay where we are instead of having to be automatically promoted if we place at 15th or higher.

This is a really bad idea. It leads to basically no one promoting because the rewards for 1st are way higher than 2nd in the tier above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

This is a really bad idea. It leads to basically no one promoting because the rewards for 1st are way higher than 2nd in the tier above.

So, it's kinda like a 'reward' in reverse - like the penalty for a successful challenge against a more powerful (on paper) opponent.  For such wins I might get as few as 15 or 17 points, not much better than a close loss, but I do take your point.  The best option is to be demoted if, like mine, one's stats aren't quite up to scratch.

2 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Yes, that is true and is my probable choice.  There's an elite group at the top who take this competition very seriously, you among them.  I'm not one of them, but I've come close to being hooked by my successes to date.  My reality check is fast approaching, however, as I begin to lose my challenges.

Obviously, The Leagues is not for everybody, as the following screen shots show:

image.png.9a43cd6fe475d9e150f6daed442bd7eb.png

He's right down the bottom and may be demoted to Sexpert III.  Look at his level... Now this:

image.png.133fd4cd6b01b73541893b8d4d90e93d.png

Stats to die for!!  Even his harmony levels are right up there.  Even though he's charm he could still get in some king hits and has good defense against KH I notice.  One thing I can guarantee is that, since he has no points, it means he isn't playing at this level (he must've been at some stage to get up to Dicktator I).  It's almost a cert, too, that doesn't use boosters, unlike the also-rans like me, and this is making me turn green with envy.

That ego is heavily boosted with 2x Epic Chlorella and 1x Legendary Chlorella, his unboosted number would be a more mundane 280k. No club membership, so his overall stats are actually pretty weak for a level 380. (And inexplicably 3-star Albane as his alpha when he clearly has better options available... Costs him nearly 4k in attack strength.)

2 minutes ago, DHarry said:

No, he's actively playing per the weekly Tower of Fame.

7 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

- like the penalty for a successful challenge against a more powerful (on paper) opponent.  For such wins I might get as few as 15 or 17 points, not much better than a close loss, but I do take your point.

There is no "penalty". I suggest you familiarize yourself more with how competitive league setups work in professional sports and other places. Hint: There's never a bonus for winning as an underdog.

• Haha 1

On 1/2/2020 at 1:38 PM, MaybeRegret said:

It's not me, but I want to share:

On 1/2/2020 at 2:28 PM, Slynia said:

Ouff. Losing by 1 point. That gotta sting @Fiel

Oh my gaaawd.

I had planned to keep this a secret, but people saw it😅😂🤣

Well, I can only say I will do a better effort next time.

Edited by Fiel
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Late joins, ahoy!

You probably know this already, since you seem to test things out with new accounts fairly regularly, but in lower leagues, it's insane. I discovered this with my recent experiment starting from scratch on GH. My W1 league has 202 players right now. It was barely above 100 when I started on Thursday, and basically almost every time I open the thing to do my fights, there are a few new players in between the ones I already fought (I leave it sorted out by level).

I guess this shows there's still a steady stream of new players joining in, which is good for the game, even if it also shows the limitations of the new system now that they actually demote inactive players. The first time I went through the new player experience, a few months back, W1 and even W2 leagues were almost entirely made of inactive accounts. This is probably better overall, even if it must be frustrating when it affects the higher leagues.

19 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

You probably know this already, since you seem to test things out with new accounts fairly regularly, but in lower leagues, it's insane. I discovered this with my recent experiment starting from scratch on GH. My W1 league has 202 players right now. It was barely above 100 when I started on Thursday, and basically almost every time I open the thing to do my fights, there are a few new players in between the ones I already fought (I leave it sorted out by level).

I guess this shows there's still a steady stream of new players joining in, which is good for the game, even if it also shows the limitations of the new system now that they actually demote inactive players. The first time I went through the new player experience, a few months back, W1 and even W2 leagues were almost entirely made of inactive accounts. This is probably better overall, even if it must be frustrating when it affects the higher leagues.

Inactive players were always demoted... The >50% zero-pointers that clogged up W2 before the recent changes were almost all players who got promoted from W1 the week before. There's a ton of ultra-casual players who do almost nothing in the leagues, but more than absolutely nothing, and that "almost nothing" used to be enough to get promoted to W2. (The latest thing seems to be to reactivate oneself in W1 and then not bother actually doing any battles...)

Edited by _shal_
  • Thanks 1