How you doing in the "League"

casey

Improved my best place by one position yet again.

I've managed to catch all the top players without boosters, just had to fight 5 last players boosted. I have won all fights.

CH,KH,KH,CH,CH,CH and I was the best HC player, great success :D

liga.jpg

Edited by mates
  • Like 7

Ended up 2nd as expected, with 23.08 average.
Z-Wave did a bunch of early refills and never dropped his boosters.
I even missed 1 snapshot so there is a possibility that the 4 players whose boosters never dropped, actually dropped their boosters during that snapshot lol. Though I don't believe the end results would've been any different anyway, so I'll take my 2nd place.

Now the funny thing is, last year 2020, I won 45 times in D3, and without caring to look it up I assume we had 52 weeks like a normal year. I lost 7 times in total in other words. This year I've already lost 2 times AND I am with Phoenix this week who I've lost against both times that I've had the pleasure of fighting him. Actually, out of all the active players there are only 8 (9) players who I've never won against: Gogeta, spheedy, BenBrazke, Z-Wave, Quistis, Tatouf Metouf, E.N.D. and Phoenix (the extra one (9) is Master Horndog who is the only higher leveled player than me that I've never faced off against... yet).
Funny huh? 3 out of those 8 (9) players have found themselves in my bracket during this first month of 2021 already 😂
Maybe 2020 was my year, if winning in a hentai game a lot can be considered your year.

Anyway, I'll do my best and try and finally grab a win against him. 
Here are the end results.
23.08.PNG

• Like 7

Another week in D3, started at level 365, finished at level 366.

Here is the screenshot taken 4 minutes before the end.

Hentai_Heroes_-_2021-01-28_12_56_19.png.c424c4d716574244e6f114880a131765.pngHentai_Heroes_-_2021-01-28_12_56_56.png.e9d56e0d376139c95e89d9854465563b.png

Final rank: 23th.

Boosters used : 20 legendaries (2 ginseng / 2 cordyceps 4 times and 4 cordyceps once).

101 players -> 100 opponents -> 300 possible fights -> 300 fights performed -> 287 wins and 13 losses

Very happy with my rank and score (best rank and score ever). Very good XP gain with a new record of wins.

Edited by Tom208
  • Like 9

19 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I'm a bit confused. Where are you on your screenshot?

I keep posting here in general only the HeH screenshots, so in this given screenshot I'm 16th -.-'. While I see e.g. bla or mates posting nutaku screenshots, well I did not. I know some play on nutaku as well, the other servers I have never read of someone. Yet I feel the majority is HeH. Until recently I was also up/down for D2/D3 on nutaku - so I decided without asking "less relevance", too. Reaching lvl450 I gave myself a try to stick to D3 - and check out this awesome HH++ script for the first time. Got rewarded with 3rd^^

So, dunno. 

Edited by windia
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, windia said:

so in this given screenshot I'm 16th -.-'.

No problem with that, it's just that in this case your screenshot doesn't show you. I'm interested in seeing your results in your weekly post.

Players are welcome to post their results for HH and/or Nutaku (or any other server they might play on, as long as they're actually competing in the leagues). But yeah, a pic of whoever placed at the top in your league doesn't tell your story, so it feels a bit random. If you have a screenshot of your #3 performance on Nutaku, that'd be cool to see.

In any case, congrats to you! And glad you've adopted the HH++ script. It's better than ever and keeps improving all the time thanks to @Tom208.

Tip: Once you've played all of your fights in a given league, sorting it by "Ch." (whatever that stands for, I never figured it out, all I know is what it does) will show the other players sorted by rank, but with you at the very top of the list, whatever rank you ended up at.

On 1/28/2021 at 9:16 PM, DvDivXXX said:

No problem with that, it's just that in this case your screenshot doesn't show you. I'm interested in seeing your results in your weekly post.

Players are welcome to post their results for HH and/or Nutaku (or any other server they might play on, as long as they're actually competing in the leagues). But yeah, a pic of whoever placed at the top in your league doesn't tell your story, so it feels a bit random. If you have a screenshot of your #3 performance on Nutaku, that'd be cool to see.

Tip: Once you've played all of your fights in a given league, sorting it by "Ch." (whatever that stands for, I never figured it out, all I know is what it does) will show the other players sorted by rank, but with you at the very top of the list, whatever rank you ended up at.

Ch. = challenged -> I can sort all the "nonfought" to the top, and who is "nonfought" & has a better placement then me is listed above -> once I fought all, I will be the only "nonfought" = listed on top.

Well, I had the feeling that the top players are interested in "how is competition doing". So I longed that feeling into "there you go, one day you will see me too, maybe".

I understand your argument. Yeah, I could change that.

k, for nutaku then,  102 players:

image.png.4bbd46711151e4675d8e1c701574034b.png

Edited by windia
found number of players
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, windia said:

Ch. = challenged -> I can sort all the "nonfought" to the top, and who is "nonfought" & has a better placement then me is listed above -> once I fought all, I will be "nonfought" = listed on top.

Well, I had the feeling that the top players are interested in "how is competition doing". So I longed that feeling into "there you go, one day you will see me too, maybe".

I understand your argument. Yeah, I could change that.

k, for nutaku then,  102 players:

image.png.4bbd46711151e4675d8e1c701574034b.png

I appreciate the nutaku screen, always good to know how competion is doing; for instance I am with trace this week, and I am not gonna fear them (since they are HC it's not that I was afraid before) - well, also would have loved your league to compete in. 😃

GL this week!

Edited by blaa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My first victory in D3!
I didn't believe it at the beginning, not even for the top4 because a lot of players of higher level than mine and a lot of mythical girls (I'm KH).
My average of 22.35 isn't phenomenal, but it was enough :)

Now they will take me for a serious player :D

Congratulations to Test_Anon (lvl 372) who finished 16th, 6 points behind 15th! I didn't help him  by staying boosted all the time. 

1443839483_Captureligues..thumb.JPG.a6cf776bf485708fe8f218881738ee8d.JPG

• Like 10

2 hours ago, E. N. D. said:

As I can see on this topic my average is similar as some others KH players at the same level  ...A good news, charm is not so powerfull :)

I wish the second part were true, but no, Charm has a pretty big advantage right now pretty much across the board, maybe except at your level. I'm not surprised you decided to stick to CH instead of switching back and forth between CH and KH as you used to do until recently. Or that even @_shal_ switched to CH as well (among many others).

On top of the double crit bug causing unpredictable issues for everyone facing CH (eg random losses for most players even when the ++ script predicted a clear win or, again, maybe at super high levels like yours, a smaller amount of points than expected from your wins).

Not only is it the only of the two playable classes to have a Mythic (and the only one to have a power creep 5-star legendary over the champion one, until KH received Michaela last week), but the crit bug on top of that makes it pretty much OP. Again, except maybe for those at 460+ whose raw stats are so high that the difference is less noticeable.

I really hope this doesn't become a "now it's a feature because we can't figure out how to fix the bug" situation. Because the timing of the MD and powercreeped LC releases really sucked with that bug thrown in as the cherry on top.

• Like 2

On 1/27/2021 at 9:50 PM, _shal_ said:

D3 with 101 players:

Jechko                KH 469   29 wins
Darkyz                KH 465   16 wins
Barkior               KH 459    2nd place x7 (!)
toneti                HC 458    3rd place x2
Мюнхен                Ch 457    1 win
MFucker               HC 457    5th place x2
Falcon                HC 456    4th place x1
Curtis                HC 456   15th place x1
Natstar               KH 452    3rd place x1
jak                   Ch 449    4th place x1
Krult                 KH 449    4th place x1
Tib                   Ch 448    2nd place x3
kon                   KH 447    2nd place x2
Oda                   KH 446    4th place x1
YAMATO                KH 431    3rd place x2

Clear top 4 opportunity, so I've been playing this one despite still limited time.

Sadly my proper screenshots got eaten by a system crash this week, so these partials from Discord back on Thursday will have to do. This was after I had finished my battles:

888932758_HHS123D3.png.fde9c7b8ac9037bc540bb304d0df34c5.png

And this eventually happened:

842332564_HHS123D3_2.png.8aea955c2695bdfcdbe2e459ade85cd8.png

D'oh. Now the proud owner of a 1-point loss for 4th place, a 1-point loss for 1st, and a 2-point loss for 1st.

I have no real idea how I made it all the way to a 22.98 average to begin with, though. Before having to do the last three max-boosted players, I was still close to 23.10 even. I did manage to catch 5 players with their pants down on the LC champions battling day, including Jechko and two players near level 450, where I scored 372/375 from those 15 battles, but that can only have accounted for maybe 0.15 points (~40 to 50 total points) over what I would have scored otherwise. Not particularly lucky with crits either, very similar results there as two weeks before (when my average was only 22.31).

I was told second-hand that high finisher (don't recall if his 4th place held) jeandelalune also beat his previous all-time high by a large margin, so the bracket just must have been very soft below the top players. I've just looked at my recorded data again, and I'm not spotting anything hugely different from normal, though. Lots of opponents just the little bit worse enough (compared to a more average field) that was needed to score an extra guaranteed point in many battles, I suppose.

Darkyz had finished his week sometime during the fourth day already - if he had played more economically I highly doubt I would have beaten his score even with my 22.98. Conversely, IIRC Jechko was well behind for most of the week (ranked somewhere in the 30s/40s) and had to catch up on the last day, so he probably should have finished much further ahead of me than just 2 points, too. I wonder what one of the big guns like @Slynia could have done with this league...23.40-ish? Anyway, I was more amused that I got this close to winning a league I had absolutely no rights to be competitive in, than I was annoyed at not winning it.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 8

@_shal_ I think that at level 443 you are starting to cross the threshold where you get one more point from the weak players allowing you to get better results. And you are still reducing slowly the level gap. In any case your results are astonishing. I can only imagine all the micromanagement and strategy that it would need.

• Like 5

Yes. I'm 10 levels up and not a bad player (imho of course). But I'm not looking forward to going up against you. 

I have never been able to beat Darkys for instance nor can I remember finishing with more than 6800 points in D3. You are doing something right. 👍

Yeah, I am 5 levels up on @_shal_ and when he shows up in my league I just sigh and move my potential finishing position down 1 firm position. Not mad, inspired. shal is proof skill matters and level / time playing is not all there is.

He is the one that inspired me to start trying for D3 2-4. I was trying to D2 <-> D3 yoyo and was not happy with the play style that forced. I started noticing shal's posts and I looked up his level and thought: "f me, that dude is 10 levels lower than me and he is landing D3 2-4s regularly. If he can do it I have a shot. Let's go."

• Like 5

11 hours ago, snowman22 said:

"f me, that dude is 10 levels lower than me and he is landing D3 2-4s regularly. If he can do it I have a shot. Let's go."

Nice. My inspiration was Aure, I don't know if he is still active, but this happened some 14 months ago:

https://imgur.com/PHTyzh8

Before that point I simply assumed the levels were determining everything, but he helped me understand there is so much more points to be squeezed out of the Leagues with a bit of analysis. I'm happy I made the right decision to try better.

• Like 3

A little trip down memory lane... Well, I didn't have one big light bulb moment as you guys describe, but then again I started years later and I had a curious and experimental approach from very early on. I took cues from many people (or the written content they left behind them), and I still pick up on new things or rediscover old tricks to this day (notably thanks to my club mate and script enhancer extraordinaire, @Tom208) but @_shal_ is definitely the one player who inspired me the most. Others have taught me about as much as him (@Chthugha@GeorgeMTO and @jelom among others), but he was the one guy in that list who was way behind the others in XP and managed to play catch up beyond expectations. A tiny beacon of hope for someone who started after it was cool, such as myself (in mid-2019).

That being said, it doesn't change the fact that the league's PvP system itself is grossly imbalanced, and how far ahead or behind a player is in the XP race is the most decisive factor in what one can achieve. But at least within that range, better tactics and strategies can definitely make a huge difference.

On a side note, MD and the LC powercreeps (not to mention the CH bug) had a very big impact over the past couple of months, and it will only accelerate if Kinkoid doesn't adjust things and/or rebuild the PvP system from the ground up to finally be a fair competition. I for one didn't partake in the recent "CH is OP right now, let's go!" trend, both because I couldn't afford to while sticking to my budget and long-term plans, and because doing so would have made me feel dirty. But to each their own. I understand those who jumped on this bandwagon, I just don't admire them for it.

Edit: Things should get a little more interesting again in the next couple of days with KH catching up a little bit more, though.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

and because doing so would have made me feel dirty. But to each their own. I understand those who jumped on this bandwagon, I just don't admire them for it.

That's kind of messed up. The spirit for experimentation is something that should be encouraged, not shamed.

There are just certain things one have to try out yourself to get 1st hand experience.

23 minutes ago, Fiel said:

That's kind of messed up. The spirit for experimentation is something that should be encouraged, not shamed.

There are just certain things one have to try out yourself to get 1st hand experience.

If there was no bug I'd agree, but since it's been bugged for so long, I've only swapped so that I get less random losses due to the bug that I can't properly account for due to exactly how the current form of the bug works being unknown. Swapping because the bug is strong is what's dirty. I'm just too lazy to hold onto morals in a game like this.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Fiel said:

The spirit for experimentation is something that should be encouraged, not shamed.

What George said, and also, perhaps more importantly taking advantage of a strong bug and the temporary availability of stronger girls for the bug-buffed class isn't quite anywhere near "experimentation". It's just seizing an obvious opportunity. Claiming otherwise is what's messed up. But based on our previous exchanges, it's no surprise we still disagree on this.

Besides I'm not "shaming" anyone. I was pretty clear on that. Just because I value other things in my gaming experience more than sheer results, doesn't mean I'm blaming those who don't. That's true beyond this particular situation in this particular game, too.

If you're familiar with HearthStone for instance, I understand the netdeckers who jumped on the opportunity to grab a quick and easy Legend rank with the latest grossly imbalanced OTK last month, before it was nerfed. The quick and easy Legend rank was just more appealing to them than not playing a dumb and boring deck for weeks. My perspective is simply different: my experience of the game was ruined by the presence of the OTK spam, and instead of making me want to jump on the bandwagon, it just made me want to stop playing and wait for a balance patch. That's very similar to how I feel about CH's unfair advantage right now.

But that's without so much experience managing a Charm character. There's huge knowledge in using a KH char, as people who recently switched to CH keep playing as such they'll get better results. We're talking about "elite" players after all.

Alas, the previous situation where KH was the clear cut better class by far, while not a bug, is also undesirable IMHO. I play as KH because I like the concept and gameplay behind it, but I'd love for the other classes to be equally good in the leagues.

Edited by DvDivXXX
Mod edit: removed quote from hidden post
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

But that's without so much experience managing a Charm character.

E.N.D.  knows more about the charm class than most player sknow about any class, let's just put it that way.

Curiosity, playfulness, and verifications are the virtues of science and progress. I'll take those any day above heeding traditional dogma.

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

25 minutes ago, Fiel said:

E.N.D.  knows more about the charm class than most player sknow about any class, let's just put it that way.

Curiosity, playfulness, and verifications are the virtues of science and progress. I'll take those any day above heeding traditional dogma.

And then, you don't expect, as more and more people play as charm to improve their scores, due to their constant curiosity, playfulness and verification?

Besides, E.N.D. knowledge about playing as CH is mostly about the previous situation. I'm sure it helps, but things have changed and new knowledge must be acquired.

Edited by Kenrae

I don't know if more people have changed to Charm, it's up to them.

13 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Besides, E.N.D. knowledge about playing as CH is mostly about the previous situation. I'm sure it helps, but things have changed and new knowledge must be acquired.

But that's what he did. He took it for a spin for a few weeks to verify and test which things have changed and what works better.

I trust E.N.D. above DvDivXXX who is still using Michaela as Alpha girl and Any as Beta girl, even though that's the inferior constellation.

Untitled.png.4ff99198b48df5822e16643213c9ac0d.png

Edited by Fiel
  • Thinking 1