6 hours ago, holymolly said:

..the offer still stand ;) ..just saying :P

same goes for you guys too @Tom208 or even you @Ravi-Sama :P

Hey!  I appreciate it, but I'm a club leader already, lol (Tournesol). 

image.png.13e0d64167804dfeb51569c372cc12b7.png

I'm curious to see if Mighty Thor will ever join one.  I know he has real life difficulties, and doesn't want clubs as an added distraction.  That's why I wouldn't pester him about it.

image.png.20ad00776f50fce7f66e83332306c3e9.png

I forgot what club Tom is in... oh it's "Les Chevaliers Lubriques."  I don't see them too often.  The name reminds me of "Les Friandises de LOUISE" (just cuz they're both French), which I see quite often in leagues.  The translations are totally different.

image.png.f9dcdc50e6b91ab395591dd0518c9faf.png

• Haha 5

lol. These translations are sort of okay, except for HPF for which it's just hilariously random. "Heroes of the wrong market"... that's awesome. ^^

There are two French clubs who are related (I don't know them as such, I simply noticed them often in leagues): "Les Gâteries de Bunny" & "Les Friandises de Louise". These names are pretty sweet in French, especially together. Basically, on top of both riming with the girl's name, they're both euphemisms for blowjobs (or less commonly other sexual favors) while also having a simple first degree sense, seemingly harmless (referring to sweets or dessert for non-perverts ^^). Kuddos to whoever came up with these. 👍 It's basically impossible to translate without losing the vibe and humor, though.

Neither of those have anything to do with Tom's club (formerly mine), "Les Chevaliers Lubriques".

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

except for HPF for which it's just hilariously random. "Heroes of the wrong market"... that's awesome. ^^

that´s what you get when you use the worst translator out there :P

36 minutes ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Hey!  I appreciate it, but I'm a club leader already, lol (Tournesol).

Oh and I am/ was aware of that @Ravi-Sama :P

I´m aware of @Mighty Thor ´s situation too.. I just wanted to mention it again.. we have a few other excel fanboys too so I´m sure he´d like it but ofc it´s his decision to make at the end :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Surprised :O 1

2 minutes ago, holymolly said:

that´s what you get when you use the worst translator out there :P

I see now.  I don't know how "wrong market" and "forum" are equivalent, but I guess that's why Latin is a dead language?

image.png.de9ad6ddff63352696cfb32e68de1984.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

56 minutes ago, Ravi-Sama said:

"wrong market" and "forum"

The "Forum Romanum" was the central market place of Rome and the place for political agitation. In the late republic the Forum changed more to a political and social stage and lost his commercial role mostly. In an essay, published in a professianal journal, I think it was the "Historia", was the Forum Romanum called a "false market" but it's some years ago that I had to read that essay so it can be published in another professional journal for ancient history.

1 hour ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Latin is a dead language?

Depends on definition 😉 There are some linguisti enclaves in the Alpes (Raeto Romanic) which are very near to the latin spoken in the Roman Province Raetia. They had not much contact with other languages from their surrondings so they can called active spoken latin.

If you refer to latin as the "Classic" Variance of the language like the time of Cicero and Augustus, sure this part is dead,  even it's an official language in one state in the world. 😁

1 hour ago, holymolly said:

ust as useful as google translator nowadays

There are some who say that's helpfull to learn other things if you learn latin - you should be better in grammer or logic so that you can perform better in mathematics. I'm not sure about this.

Nevertheless to me it was useful 😛 - I had studied history so latin was mandatory to read original documents. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Surprised :O 1

10 hours ago, holymolly said:

..the offer still stand ;) ..just saying :P

same goes for you guys too @Tom208 or even you @Ravi-Sama :P

Hey, you forgot about me!

Unfortunately (or not), I'm the proud leader of the "Les Culottes Légendaires" club (the name was inherited to me) 🙂

Edited by OmerB
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bolitho76 said:

There are some who say that's helpfull to learn other things if you learn latin - you should be better in grammer or logic so that you can perform better in mathematics. I'm not sure about this.

Nevertheless to me it was useful 😛 - I had studied history so latin was mandatory to read original documents. 😉

Good for you I guess :D ... I can tell you it didn´t help me :P

21 minutes ago, OmerB said:

Hey, you forgot about me!

rin-tohsaka.gif

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

The "Forum Romanum" was the central market place of Rome... the Forum Romanum called a "false market"...

There are some linguisti enclaves in the Alpes (Raeto Romanic) which are very near to the latin spoken in the Roman Province Raetia.

If you refer to Latin as the "Classic"... sure this part is dead,  even it's an official language in one state in the world. 😁

...helpful to learn... be better in grammar or logic so that you can perform better in mathematics...

I had studied history so Latin was mandatory to read original documents. 😉

Very cool!  Thanks, I figured market and forum had a connection, but didn't understand the "wrong" part.

I also studied Latin in High School, but it's not like I remember much of it, or practice it.  Sometimes I'll randomly recognize something in a trivia game, like "Jeopardy" on TV.

It did make me appreciate some of the spells in "Harry Potter" (expelliarmus), and the speech in games like "Assassin's Creed" (requiescat in pace), after murdering some corrupt Pope.

Damn, Bolitho!  You're a fountain of knowledge.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 4
  • Hearts 1

22 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Very cool!  Thanks, I figured market and forum had a connection, but didn't understand the "wrong" part.

Yes, thanks @bolitho76 for the explanations about the forum and the market.

But I think "pravi" is rather the adjective for "heroes" (plural, nominativ), not for "fori" (singular, genitiv), though both are possible, meaning something like weird, kinky... in this context.

(The translation "wrong" might have come from bad/faulty.)

2023-05-18-bersetzungpraviLatein-Englisch.jpg.f3ec0be15f089852ac1a1683dabb80d5.jpg

• Like 3

I think the "official" translation is "Hentai Heroes of the Forum", or something along these lines? So "Pravi" would be the closest translation to "Hentai"? (Would match the "perverse/vicious/corrupt" definition).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Tohru - Kinkoid
On 5/16/2023 at 10:50 PM, bolitho76 said:

There are some linguisti enclaves in the Alpes (Raeto Romanic) which are very near to the latin spoken in the Roman Province Raetia. They had not much contact with other languages from their surrondings so they can called active spoken latin.

Okay but this is super interesting?? and I've now gone down a new rabbit hole, thank you! 🥕

il y a une heure, Mighty Thor a dit :

What a pity, there was no daily contest with points for new girls! 😄

No, but there was one for fighting villains and by the way be glad I let you win congrats for your win :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

I didn't pay attention because I was still ~20 girls away from this milestone last time I checked, but after a successful DD...

image.png.577811f9df15f66fb70b54e0bd54e4d0.png

image.png.00ab286772a586ff8e1f2a26cf2819eb.png

(Yeah, it took me 3 days to notice!!!)

image.thumb.png.528d64a98e3f448801e5182d39412e94.png

@jelom Is that good enough now? Got anymore of these Mythic Bracelets around?

• Like 6
  • Hearts 8

i'm not merely humiliated in the LCs (HH & CXH Both); i'm getting curb-stomped hard...

after i restart my computer i might try updating my harem Lists; adding rarities w/the names.  HH (Lv 383) up to 280 & CXH (Lv 380) 250.

can i make a haremettes gallery thread in the Intro/Brag Harem section?

Edited by Karxan
  • Sad 1

il y a une heure, jelom a dit :

@Liliat you have proved worthy of the magical diamond bracelet.

I will gather my magic to summon another one for you.

Thank you!

It was well worth 1+ year of effort and dedication!

Do you have plans for the 1500 milestone? It's getting close (Well, maybe not for me ^^ )

• Haha 6
  • Thinking 1

13 hours ago, Karxan said:

can i make a haremettes gallery thread in the Intro/Brag Harem section?

Not really. The concept of that section is one thread per user, to talk about their personal achievements. You can post pics there, but please make sure to use the Spoilers feature and let readers know in the text preceding them about what might get spoiled by the images. You just highlight the part of your post (you can select a whole chunk at once with multiple images) then click on the eye top-right of the post menu.

But a separate gallery thread wouldn't have its place on this forum in general.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1