How you doing in the "League"

casey

For me the difference between Wanker 1 and 2 really is not that big - only levelwise people are much higher, but there are still over 50% under 100k mojo and a lot of them even 50k and below. seems like a lot of lowlevel people could make it out of my league if they want to. 

At least this time I have 3 people in a 20k mojo range, in Wanker 1 nobody had enough mojo to be even 50k below me. 

Lets see how it works out, I hope the new system allows for enough fights so the next league will actually competitive mojo wise and not give room for so many people far below 150k

Edited by wthvr

23 minutes ago, wthvr said:

For me the difference between Wanker 1 and 2 really is not that big - only levelwise people are much higher, but there are still over 50% under 100k mojo and a lot of them even 50k and below. seems like a lot of lowlevel people could make it out of my league if they want to. 

At least this time I have 3 people in a 20k mojo range, in Wanker 1 nobody had enough mojo to be even 50k below me. 

Lets see how it works out, I hope the new system allows for enough fights so the next league will actually competitive mojo wise and not give room for so many people far below 150k

Minor comment, I believe you mean ego. Mojo is the points we get from arena that don't do anything, Ego is what other games would call Health.

From what i can see, in my league there are two opponents i can't beat (Tetsuo and pipine), at least not without some luck, mainly because of my shitty charm ability (Heeey devs? Are you there? Do you need a calculator? :P), so i won't win for sure :D. But i should be promoted in Wanker 3.

Anyway, IMHO these leagues are pretty boring, you can easily see what will be your final result. Just other clicks to do. But it's another way to earn some kobans, so i appreciate this new feature :)

15 minutes ago, Daniele said:

Anyway, IMHO these leagues are pretty boring, you can easily see what will be your final result.:)

At the top, maybe. For middle of the pack players like me it'll be a bit more interesting because a lot will come down to how consistently everybody in the league participates. I can see myself finishing anywhere from top 15 to outside the top 30.

• Like 1

yeah separating from the other players is difficult when it's easy for everyone to utilize all their challenge points because of the increased maximum to 15 from 5

but at least everyone can be happy that they are getting their sleep

Edited by Blain
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, casey said:

Can someone correct me if my understanding of the "League" scoring is wrong.

I'm under the impression that you have 99 other players in the league who you can challenge 3 times for a total of 297 challenges in which

if you win every fight you will accumulate a maximum of 891 points. . is this correct?

Also over the 7 day "season" a team can earn 336 challenge opportunities. Is this correct.

Because the limitation on challenges the buying of "refills" is a waste of Kobans. Is this correct.

It's mostly correct. My league has 101 people, so 300 challenges, max score of 900. Leagues may vary slightly right now. Wanker 1 will vary within the league season, as new players get added to leagues, if they are still doing that. 

Buying refills is likely a waste, unless you know you are going to miss time, and are aiming for a top result. Each person will decide how that will work for themselves.

I was awake at 5:00 when the first league ended. I had to deal with the error message "Unable to load this page" that luckily lasted only for a few minutes. Then I started to use the free starting recharge of battle tokens, and slowly a sensation of fear started rising from the bottom of my spine. Despite the fact I ended 4th in Wanker I (where I was the 2nd highest in level and lost only seven battles), I am now in a Wanker II league where I am 20th highest in level, but where I already found players that, even with 5 or 10 levels less than me, have 20-50k more ego. In the moment I'm writing this I'm at rank 38, and I have already found three players who I considered beatable, to discover the opposite too late. I think I will call myself lucky if I will be able to not end in the last 15 ranks.

I've missed about 3 points today, and I'm down in 15th place. There seem to be alot of koban spenders though. As of right now, I think the hard max points without kobans would be 135 or 138 points. There are 9 people above that. What's more, alot of them have point totals not divisible by 3, so they're already losing fights.

It'll still be extremely difficult to take top 15 though. Right now I'm exactly 15th with 126 points. I'm actually considering taking a dive. Here's my reasoning:

There should be roughly 23,000 people in wanker 2 right now. With 230 leagues, that would mean 3450 people get to move on to wanker 3 next week. And these will be the ultra-elite. If I'm struggling now, I'll be facing the prospect of demotion in wanker 3 next week. Which would mean it would be:

week 3: wanker 3

week 4: wanker 2

week 5: wanker 3

If I take a dive to the point where I stay in wanker 2 next week, I'd be in wanker 3 for week 4, ahead of where I'd be if I got promoted this week and demoted after, and facing a more manageable pack of opponents. The ultra-ultra-elite having moved to higher leagues. I haven't decided for sure, but if I fail to get promoted, it means I took a dive. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Edited by Urist
  • Haha 1

As of this writing, the official pace car is now at 138 points.

Which, in my league, puts me at 8th place. Which, like, I dunno. It's still only 100 people, folks. Hmm. 7 days * 24 = 168 hours, times 2 is 336, minus about a sixth is 280... yeah, one koban refill gives you the maximum 297. One. 180+ kobans to get 144 more, at best. Whyyyyyyy. (sigh)

1 hour ago, cloud0003 said:

I'm level 77 in wanker 2 and i want to be demoted already i don't want to be in this bracket full of high levels. I'm getting low experience that means slower leveling for me. I suggest when in top 15 rank one should have a choice to be promoted or not.

If you complete the next 2 days of daily missions you are supposed to receive a nice set of equipment maybe that will help your cause, mind you most everyone

else will get a set of equipment as well

I suggest you start looking for equipment upgrades in the market otherwise you will be bouncing between wanker 1 and wanker 2 levels

I think I will hit my limit @ wanker 3 level I'm barely the best battle team in my league, I thought I pulled a shrewd move I found the second strongest

battle team in my league, loaded up on boosters and then fought and beat them 3 times.

6 hours ago, Urist said:

I've missed about 3 points today, and I'm down in 15th place. There seem to be alot of koban spenders though. As of right now, I think the hard max points without kobans would be 135 or 138 points. There are 9 people above that. What's more, alot of them have point totals not divisible by 3, so they're already losing fights.

It'll still be extremely difficult to take top 15 though. Right now I'm exactly 15th with 126 points. I'm actually considering taking a dive. Here's my reasoning:

There should be roughly 23,000 people in wanker 2 right now. With 230 leagues, that would mean 3450 people get to move on to wanker 3 next week. And these will be the ultra-elite. If I'm struggling now, I'll be facing the prospect of demotion in wanker 3 next week. Which would mean it would be:

week 3: wanker 3

week 4: wanker 2

week 5: wanker 3

If I take a dive to the point where I stay in wanker 2 next week, I'd be in wanker 3 for week 4, ahead of where I'd be if I got promoted this week and demoted after, and facing a more manageable pack of opponents. The ultra-ultra-elite having moved to higher leagues. I haven't decided for sure, but if I fail to get promoted, it means I took a dive. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

We're in the same league,  and have been around the same spot in the rankings. I'm low enough level that I am more likely fighting to stay in the top 75 than really for promotion. Want to get as many points as I can now, so the slide is slow down the rankings, as I know I will miss attacks later.

Eventually we'll all mostly find our own level. There might be enough of a benefit to being someone dropping down from a higher tier in that you can win that lower league. Good  luck with whatever you decide.

And right now #1 in my Wanker II league has 231 points, so bought at least 18 extra fights with kobans in the first 24 hours. Why are people doing this? There's 100 people in the league so you can make it through all the fights without spending. I mean, no problem for me if he pours kobans into reaching his final score earlier than I reach mine, but can people not do math?

Last place is a level 269 player with 0 points. Put in enough effort last week to get promoted, and then just gave up?

10 hours ago, Urist said:

I should probably note here that my earlier estimate of 150,000 players (every user account >= level 20) in the first league season was too high. There would have been a lot of totally inactive accounts in the Wanker 1 leagues if that was the case, but it turned out there were actually less than 10%, so it's clear that they did filter out accounts that hadn't been used for playing for a while. Based on that, the number of players was likely more somewhere between 50,000 and 60,000 which is what the ToF weekly standings show (80-85,000 minus accounts that haven't reached level 20 yet), so there are correspondingly fewer players in Wanker 2 right now.

Edited by _shal_

6 hours ago, BoogerStick said:

And right now #1 in my Wanker II league has 231 points, so bought at least 18 extra fights with kobans in the first 24 hours. Why are people doing this? There's 100 people in the league so you can make it through all the fights without spending. I mean, no problem for me if he pours kobans into reaching his final score earlier than I reach mine, but can people not do math?

Last place is a level 269 player with 0 points. Put in enough effort last week to get promoted, and then just gave up?

Maybe on the  off chance something similar happens that happened last season: They add more players midseason (guess the testserver wasn't fully utilised). Also some ppl just want to get there first (generally not the most generous lovers)

4 hours ago, _shal_ said:

I should probably note here that my earlier estimate of 150,000 players (every user account >= level 20) in the first league season was too high. There would have been a lot of totally inactive accounts in the Wanker 1 leagues if that was the case, but it turned out there were actually less than 10%, so it's clear that they did filter out accounts that hadn't been used for playing for a while. Based on that, the number of players was likely more somewhere between 50,000 and 60,000 which is what the ToF weekly standings show (80-85,000 minus accounts that haven't reached level 20 yet), so there are correspondingly fewer players in Wanker 2 right now.

So we can expect Wanker III to be populated by big whigs and koban dicktators. That could be interesting.

on a different note:

I have been looking at my wanker II tier more closely. I was expecting to maybe get into the top 15 based on lvl alone. Closer inspection led me to believe I may end up in the top 4, mainly due to their lousy stats. There's 3 ppl I couldn't beat anyway.

But then a minor miracle happened in the haremverse. Playing for a pachinko contest I hit on some unexpected legendary equipment which means I'm now fully dressed in my favourite colour.

I fought the 'easiest' of the three who still had 10.000 ego on me and outclassed me in battle stats by some 2000. But everything else was in my favour. The judge, his class being less dominant than mine, my gutt feeling...........   Fully boosted I could even (almost) match his harmony.  long story short: I won 2 out of 3.

If I get promoted to wanker III that will be it, I guess. I am strictly FtP and won't be able to compete with the koban dicktators.

Edited by dirty harry

On 9/27/2018 at 9:21 AM, BananaJoy said:

kinkoind contests r never fair. look at the weekly tof contest. we said on the test server its not ballanced, we said it after releasing on the live server again, and still nothing changed. they put everyone together a lvl 10 compete with a lvl 300. so nobody can tell me that this is ballanced in any ways. same for pvp system. where low levels have much more opponents and get full mojo while in the higher ranks most only gives a few points cause of this stupid rules. so not really suprising that they did it with league as well.

Yeah I know. But mid league changes are a new low. Anyway, all has been said. Im trying to get those pesky last 2 boss girls now. All the rest is whatever now. I am 21st now with 201 points. A whopping 60 points behind no 4 and 119 behind no. 1 without ever losing a combat point. (started a few hours late) I dont see this ever changing. People apparently have money to throw out of the window. Economy must be better that they say. 😋

edit: yes, the no 1 in my league has 320 points. I dont even want to calculate how many kobans that is. 

Edited by DHarry

if you think 320 points is too much, let see at my league: I am ranked 10th tied with Skiron who is doing very well for his level. The first player has 480 points!

In the end all koban spenders will not be in the first positions unless their strength (read it as ego) can allow them to win all the other players in the  league. Be calm and wait to see the final results. :D

But I think there are other motivations to that early koban expenditure: contests and weekly ToF leaderboard.

image.thumb.png.f67fdfa927269b2b365959c2ad01a7d0.png

• Like 2