How you doing in the "League"

casey

28 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

Yep, I won't pollute the thread. [...]

Thanks for your nice reply, sensei (I hope you didn't miss my later edit of that post, or this won't make sense to you ^^). I appreciate it and wish you the best of luck in your efforts to go through the mid-game limbo. Contests are certainly a more realistic area of the game to compete in than leagues, at our levels (at least some contest types are). Good luck with that, and keep doing what you do in league, you seem to have it perfectly under control (again, I'm seriously taking inspiration from your reports now).

Since it's a bit long and slightly off-topic, you might want to edit your post and add:

spoiler tags like [ the word spoiler ] then [ a slash and the word spoiler ]

around it to make it shorter.

Edited by DvDivXXX
those damn @ thingies never work properly for me ^^
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the detailed and very interesting reply, Shal.

18 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Laughing at people who are Charm and equip themselves with six monostat items never gets old.

That's so, so true. ^^

20 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Lose in individual battles or lose in the league standings?

Typically both. The vast majority of players in the top 15 or even top 30 I see each week are still KH, and the distant second group is still HC, although the odd super buffed CH is popping up every now and then. That's mostly in D2 over the past 4 months or so, although I've been moving around a lot over the past few weeks: D2->D1->S3->D1->D2-> and now D3 (and back to D2 next). I really can't  predict who will end up in the top 4 of my current D3 (I'm somewhat rooting for @Lemus from afar, as he's the only familiar face in this group ^^). In terms of the highest levels, though, the class distribution seems very different from what I'm used to in D2 (and below): it's almost a perfect 33.33% for each class among the 44 players at 400 or above.

As far as individual battles go, I'm definitely beating a lot more CH opponents than HC, all stats being otherwise equal (including my own Defense, which I adjust by switching my alpha girl depending on the opponent's class) and even without the judge or big RNG interfering. I sometimes figure this might have to do with the class' supposed "dominance" over mine, but that's so fuzzy and seems near meaningless now, if I understand it correctly. It used to be that they had a +20% advantage over KH in something significant, but now it's just about Harmony or something equally negligible, right?

29 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

No, I still consider KH to be somewhat better, but IMHO the difference between KH and Ch is now (significantly) smaller than between Ch and HC.

Totally agree.

I can add that since the charm "rebalance", I win lots of battles against KH that I previously wouldn't be even to compete for.

KH also has the "advantage" over CH, so I feel that also tilts the balance a bit further to KH (apart from what you already pointed out).

At the same time, I (usually) have a much easier time against HC, which I think is to be expected (class-wise).

---

My goal/strategy is really just get max league points and xp as I can, on the highest league I can, as long as I can reach a good enough bracket.

Can't think of anything better than (consistently) reaching top 30 on D2, in my case. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

It used to be that they had a +20% advantage over KH in something significant, but now it's just about Harmony or something equally negligible, right?

I would say that hitting your crit is quite decisive 👌 More so in balanced fights.

12 minutes ago, Karyia said:

My goal/strategy is really just get max league points and xp as I can, on the highest league I can, as long as I can reach a good enough bracket.

Don't you think that you're losing XP by battling in D2 right now? You can't always reach the top 16 cap with only wins for now, right? 

Edited by Тёмный Властелин

1 minute ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

Don't you think that you're losing XP by battling in D2 right now? You can't always reach the top 16 cap for now, right? 

I might be... not sure.

I can say that I had to skip a lot of fights on D1 and now I use them all, so that cuts a bit of the losses.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, individual wins on D2 are a bit higher than on D1, so that also cuts a bit of the losses.

I've had 3 top 30 and 1 top 45, so it has been going well so far. 

It's tough to quantify but I'm not really worried about getting to top 16 cap... I have no desire to even sniff D3 :D 

As long as I can get to 30 and win/play as much as I can, I'm good. Even if I lose a bit on xp, I still prefer to play it out and compete on a more regular basis than just dread along the top16 line, avoiding to play. Of course.... as long as I can keep up getting results... if not, I have to drop down and do exactly that 👍

I do expend a lot more on boosters but I also earn more on rewards, as long as can get to those brackets.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

@Karyia Can I ask you to count the amount of your wins and losses in the end of this league?

I can try giving you a win number a few hours before reset... the losses would just be the difference, since I use all fights ;) 

But I'm not sure that can help you much... for sure, we have different stats and the variance from league to league and opponents you have to face is/can be huge.

Me getting wins/losses against an opponent, doesn't really mean you'll get the same result. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

In terms of the highest levels, though, the class distribution seems very different from what I'm used to in D2 (and below): it's almost a perfect 33.33% for each class among the 44 players at 400 or above.

I think that's just random luck. My current D3 bracket has 13 HC, 14 Ch and 21 KH above level 400. That's not something I've checked before so I can't compare it to other weeks, but generally speaking the higher you go in level the more prevalent KH will be. My full D3 brackets since I moved up permanently 8 weeks ago look quite a bit differently, however - if I remember correctly, every single one of them had at least 40 HC players (same as in D2 before), with the rest split about equally between Ch and KH. That mostly speaks to the fact that HC used to be utterly dominant up in D3, and that many mid-range D3 players can't seem to be bothered changing class (again), or just haven't got the memo even after 9 months since the league scoring was changed.

As far as individual battles go, I'm definitely beating a lot more CH opponents than HC, all stats being otherwise equal (including my own Defense, which I adjust by switching my alpha girl depending on the opponent's class) and even without the judge or big RNG interfering. I sometimes figure this might have to do with the class' supposed "dominance" over mine, but that's so fuzzy and seems near meaningless now, if I understand it correctly. It used to be that they had a +20% advantage over KH in something significant, but now it's just about Harmony or something equally negligible, right?

I'll have to defer that to the more veteran players, as that old dominance system disappeared right around the time I started playing.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 3

Hadn't time to post here last week... my new work (internship ended and I signed a 1-year part-time contract) and the daily chores are keeping me busy, and despite the fact that the new reset time seems to go well together with my new timings, the fact that I can't anymore exploit the sleep period to clear those long event daily missions (along with three near 8-hour missions in the last three days) made my recent days even more busy, so sometimes I am just able to barely keep up with the regular game tasks.

[putting off off-topic hat]

Regarding my last leagues, the other week was very similar to all the previous ones, so nothing special to say on that anyway, apart the fact I ended a little lower at 41th place. In my last league instead I experimented a disturbing increase in difficulty in the first five days, where I was never able to place myself above the 60th place despite all my efforts. Only in the last two days I was able to increase my rank (with the aid of a lot of lucky timely findings of unboostered players), finally ending at 38th place. Overall I am slowly feeling my grasp on Dicktator III becoming progressively lighter, as the average difficulty increases while my stats does not (enough). Anyway, I am still unable to evaluate how much time I will need to stay before I will be forced to switch back to Dicktator II to mantain a decent progress (in comparison to the time and effort I can now spend in the game).

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Karyia said:
7 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

It used to be that they had a +20% advantage over KH in something significant, but now it's just about Harmony or something equally negligible, right?

I would say that hitting your crit is quite decisive 👌 More so in balanced fights. 

For sure. But I'm not saying that hitting your crit is negligible. I'm saying that Harmony (more or less in general), but especially a "+20% Harmony bonus" is negligible. And it is! You know what else gives a +20% Harmony boost? ^^ Waaaait foooor iiiiiit....

6 hours ago, _shal_ said:

I'll have to defer that to the more veteran players, as that old dominance system disappeared right around the time I started playing.

Thanks for letting me know, this motivated me to look deeper into it. I didn't know exactly what the bonus used to be, but I knew it must have been something huge, as many not very up-to-date veterans still have it in mind to this day, and it still makes them fear their opponents whose class "dominates" theirs... It wasn't easy, but I found it: link 1 and link 2.

It definitely used to be a (very scary!) thing:

541788204_DominanceBSOLDMYTH.JPG.9eb70183e9906b1737229322c3ba24ef.JPG

However, while I was at it, I also looked deeper than I had ever bothered to into the current so-called "Dominance Scheme". Shal, I'm sure you already know that, but I didn't and I expected to find something a bit more impactful, to say the least...

Karyia, you ready? Time for the big reveal... ^^

1491066331_DominanceScheme(AKAFreeJujube).png.a3d8720cc1447acb9bf6932933f13a4d.png

So yeah. The class that supposedly "dominates" yours just has a permanent free legendary JUJUBE on you. That's it. Compared to two freaking legendary Cordyceps, that's definitely negligible, but even in and of itself... Alright, I'll spoiler tag the rest to shorten this post.

TL;DR: The current "Class Dominance Scheme" has the same effect as one legendary Jujube on one side. This is so negligible, it might as well not exist... So, I don't really know why I happen to win more often against CH than HC as a KH player, but it doesn't seems likely that this tiny "bonus" moving one way or the other explains it.

Sure, it's free and it doesn't take up a booster slot (or kobans lol), but it's still one Jujube, which does basically nothing... (Persni if you're reading this, I'm sorry man, but the truth cannot lie! ^^). It's especially meaningless when the outcome of the fight is basically a tossup to begin with (Karyia, sorry dude).

Just to be clear, this simply gives you a flat 20% bonus to your own Harmony score (when you're the "dominant" class) before the game determines which of you or your opponent has the biggest di... score, and then splits the "50%" odds of proc'ing your respective special moves accordingly. It doesn't improve your actual odds of triggering your special move by 20%. The deciding factor is still the difference between your own score and your opponent's. It just changes that difference slightly to your "advantage", on paper. Except that it's always negligible. For this to have a big "impact", you need to already have a huge score difference, which makes it overkill, and when the initial difference is small, it doesn't change much, so it's also meaningless.

1805720025_DominanceScheme(Tests).png.a060715f01890592691b0691da5ac2c8.png

In the examples above, my opponents all had base scores roughly in the same range as me. As you can see, the difference is minimal, especially on something that's so small to begin with. 23% or 28% instead of 25%? On a couple of dice rolls per fight? Big deal...

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

For sure. But I'm not saying that hitting your crit is negligible. I'm saying that Harmony (more or less in general), but especially a "+20% Harmony bonus" is negligible. And it is! You know what else gives a +20% Harmony boost? ^^ Waaaait foooor iiiiiit....

Thanks for letting me know, this motivated me to look deeper into it. I didn't know exactly what the bonus used to be, but I knew it must have been something huge, as many not very up-to-date veterans still have it in mind to this day, and it still makes them fear their opponents whose class "dominates" theirs... It wasn't easy, but I found it: link 1 and link 2.

However, while I was at it, I also looked deeper than I had ever bothered to into the current so-called "Dominance Scheme". Shal, I'm sure you already know that, but I didn't and I expected to find something a bit more impactful, to say the least...

So yeah. The class that supposedly "dominates" yours just has a permanent free legendary JUJUBE on you. That's it. Compared to two freaking legendary Cordyceps, that's definitely negligible, but even in and of itself... Alright, I'll spoiler tag the rest to shorten this post.

TL;DR: The current "Class Dominance Scheme" has the same effect as one legendary Jujube on one side. This is so negligible, it might as well not exist... So, I don't really know why I happen to win more often against CH than HC as a KH player, but it doesn't seems likely that this tiny "bonus" moving one way or the other explains it.

Reveal hidden contents

Sure, it's free and it doesn't take up a booster slot (or kobans lol), but it's still one Jujube, which does basically nothing... (Persni if you're reading this, I'm sorry man, but the truth cannot lie! ^^). It's especially meaningless when the outcome of the fight is basically a tossup to begin with (Karyia, sorry dude).

Just to be clear, this simply gives you a flat 20% bonus to your own Harmony score (when you're the "dominant" class) before the game determines which of you or your opponent has the biggest di... score, and then splits the "50%" odds of proc'ing your respective special moves accordingly. It doesn't improve your actual odds of triggering your special move by 20%. The deciding factor is still the difference between your own score and your opponent's. It just changes that difference slightly to your "advantage", on paper. Except that it's always negligible. For this to have a big "impact", you need to already have a huge score difference, which makes it overkill, and when the initial difference is small, it doesn't change much, so it's also meaningless.

1805720025_DominanceScheme(Tests).png.a060715f01890592691b0691da5ac2c8.png

In the examples above, my opponents all had base scores roughly in the same range as me. As you can see, the difference is minimal, especially on something that's so small to begin with. 23% or 28% instead of 25%? On a couple of dice rolls per fight? Big deal...

Well, we don't just see it the same way, I guess.

As far as I can tell, the "class dominance" provides a bonus to one class vs the other.

I don't really understand why you say " I don't really know why I happen to win more often against CH than HC as a KH player".

It's clear to me you always get a bonus vs CH and HC always gets a bonus against you, it seems logical to me that that is the expected thing to happen (let's forget about more unbalanced fights, those shouldn't be affected by this).

On your example... the %s might be small but... only vs CH you're "favorite" (let's call it that way lol; meaning above 25).

You'll notice that both vs KH and HC, you're "not favorite" (I would say it's negligible for KH, sure... but there's no bonus there lol).

HC, as is expected, is "favorite" over you.

You might call it negligible but I don't see it that way (applying this to countless fights, I assume the results achieved (for same values between players or at least balanced players) will tend to demonstrate the respective "class dominances"). It's just a matter of odds and having the best chance to win.

If I have a choice between HC and KH, with every stat being the same between them, I'll always choose HC because I'll have the bonus for me and not against me.

Also, most of the time, the bonus actually turns things around (for example from <25 to >25 or puts things "out of range", for example, I have 18 and my opponent 32, that's a bad omen for odds of things being in my favor).  

Well, maybe I have all this wrong but things have been working around here with these "rules of engagement", so maybe I'm even luckier somehow lmao :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

So, I don't really know why I happen to win more often against CH than HC as a KH player, but it doesn't seems likely that this tiny "bonus" moving one way or the other explains it.

Also @Karyia, I feel like part of this comes from the natural stats from leveling up. As KH, you get 7 points to Charm and 5 points to HC each level up. This 2 points difference doesn't sound like much, but it does end up becoming a 1 defence point difference for each level, so at level 300, that's 300 defence points, in the 7 rounds I'd assume most of your fights last, that's a more than 2000 Ego difference, I'm sure that comes up a non-zero amount.

Also your alpha girl may play a part in that due to her significantly lower HC value (unsure if you swap her or just leave it via laziness), combined with the above that's a big difference in hardcore defence, meaning there's a reasonable amount of fights where you end up 1 hit from defeat when you win against Charm, when you've just barely lost against HC.

image.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm very sorry if I write the obvious thing now, but I hope everyone understands that first of all the advantage of NH is that they get more points for fighting with weaker opponents than other classes.

In my opinion, HC is the most potentially dangerous one in the battle of equal opponents. In such a situation, it is the attack parameter that is most important for winning, and since the special technique of HC correlates it and its chances are higher. But the irony is that in the current game paradigm it is the attack that is less important to get league points. Therefore, if you set up a build to attack, which is logical to realize the advantage of HC, it will eventually allow you to win in fewer rounds but still get less league points.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Karyia said:

You might call it negligible but I don't see it that way (applying this to countless fights, I assume the results achieved (for same values between players or at least balanced players) will tend to demonstrate the respective "class dominances"). It's just a matter of odds and having the best chance to win.

That's the thing, though: it's negligible, even over time. I didn't show my opponents' stats in my examples, but only one player's score is changed by the "class bonus", and it's always by a tiny amount except when the battle was already a sure loss (in which case it still doesn't save you), or a sure win (in which case it's useless). For another example, today I went against two consecutive opponents of the same level and similar stats, one CH (so I get the "bonus") and the other HC (so he gets the "bonus"), with the weakest possible stats on my side (I'm lvl 308, they were both lvl 416, and I went with lvl 1 girls and common equipment). You know what the difference was, even in such an extreme case? Against the CH guy, it was 12% vs 38%, and against the HC guy, 10% vs 40%... So if I had found a third guy with similar stats but KH, like me, it would likely have been something like 11% vs 39%. All of these scenarios are essentially the same.

And in close fights, me having a 23% chance to hit my special on each roll isn't significantly worse than 25% or even 28%. In all of those scenarios, my odds are super low (and so are my opponent's, whether it's 27%, 25% or 22%). It simply doesn't matter, compared to basically everything else.

3 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

natural stats from leveling up. As KH, you get 7 points to Charm and 5 points to HC each level up
[...]
Also your alpha girl may play a part in that due to her significantly lower HC value (unsure if you swap her or just leave it via laziness), combined with the above

That's a good point. The fact that I get more CH stat points over time because it's my secondary skill, compared to HC which is my tertiary, makes sense and is surely a bigger factor than the harmony bonus.

I do switch my alpha though (you can see that in the spoiler-ed image in my previous post): versus HC, my HC defense switched from 14k to 16k, because Keiko has my back against them. ^^ So it's not Val's fault if I lose to HC.

• Like 2

On 6/4/2020 at 10:19 PM, jelom said:

This new week it will be a pitched competition with @$exgod69 (26 wins)

@jelom may the best player wins.

BTW, here is the screenshot of my last league season where I am very fortunate to tally an average score of 23.08.

unknown.png?width=804&height=430

You will also notice there how @tracker_nfo was able to outsmart and outperform multiple players higher than double digits his current level at that time.

• Like 6

And in close fights, me having a 23% chance to hit my special on each roll isn't significantly worse than 25% or even 28%. In all of those scenarios, my odds are super low (and so are my opponent's, whether it's 27%, 25% or 22%). It simply doesn't matter, compared to basically everything else.

I think we just have different perspectives.

You have a pretty strong battleteam (you're probably an Any away from getting a (arguably) perfect one), while I'm maybe "halfway" there (gotta get "Shuppie" :D (my nickname for Shtupra)).

Around half my league has 60+ levels on me, so in my case I might give more importance to these little things. However small, I do take into account those values because I count them as sort of "better odds to win". I do have lots of fights where I have to "overperform" or try finding some "edge" to get extra points/wins. I would say this "only" matters (for wins) in close fights but might matter (for points/average) in more fights. Since I can't rely on my "strength", sometimes the best I can do is look for ways to "improve" my "odds to win/perform" 😅

Doesn't matter, anyway... as long as it affects performance, I'm interested in improving it, if I can :D 

5 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Also @Karyia, I feel like part of this comes from the natural stats from leveling up. As KH, you get 7 points to Charm and 5 points to HC each level up. This 2 points difference doesn't sound like much, but it does end up becoming a 1 defence point difference for each level, so at level 300, that's 300 defence points, in the 7 rounds I'd assume most of your fights last, that's a more than 2000 Ego difference, I'm sure that comes up a non-zero amount.

@GeorgeMTO, it might be in smaller numbers/fights but for sure, it matters.

I've won and lost battles by less than 1000 points, so sometimes that might turn out to be the difference maker.

I would say that difference contributes to the "class dominance" factor, however subtle?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Karyia said:

I think we just have different perspectives.

You have a pretty strong battleteam (you're probably an Any away from getting a (arguably) perfect one), while I'm maybe "halfway" there

No worries, man. To each their own. I'm just sharing what works for me and trying to get (and share) the most accurate and precise info on game mechanics. Do what works for you.

You'd be surprised. ^^ Any has been with me for a long time now (before Keiko or Valentina joined me, actually). She's currently on a long vacation to thank her for all the good times we've shared. Plus, my current line-up actually works better without her (but shush! don't tell her I told you that ^^).

2 hours ago, Karyia said:

I would say that difference contributes to the "class dominance" factor, however subtle?

Yes and no. It's the most plausible explanation we've got at this time as to why we tend to grab more wins versus our secondary class than versus our tertiary class. But it's not officially a part of the dominance scheme. As far as that goes, the cake is a lie. Or well, a jujube. ^^

Edited by DvDivXXX
typo
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Perhaps in a single battle you cannot see a difference of having better harmony, but in a whole league, it can add some valuable points. Example: in a league you have 300 battles, each lasting about 6-7 rounds. so you have 1800-2100 opportunities to trigger a crit. Every additional 1% in harmony can give you ~20 more points. 5% more harmony is 100 points worth (not counting that you also decrease your opponents chance to crit).

About you not using Any as your alpha girl, it is an error, the alpha girl should be always the one with the best stats in your class, just check your stats with and without her as alpha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, jelom said:

Perhaps in a single battle you cannot see a difference of having better harmony, but in a whole league, it can add some valuable points. Example: in a league you have 300 battles, each lasting about 6-7 rounds. so you have 1800-2100 opportunities to trigger a crit. Every additional 1% in harmony can give you ~20 more points. 5% more harmony is 100 points worth (not counting that you also decrease your opponents chance to crit).

Thanks for your help and support, man, it's always much appreciated. In this case I disagree with your assessment, though, but its very interesting, so I'd like to elaborate further.

We're still talking about a rather small chance to trigger a special move in each round of a given fight. Unlike drop rates or other odds we're used to thinking about in this game, these don't exactly "add up" over time as you (or Karyia) seem to suggest. When you're looking at odds for drops like shards or orbs for instance, in the long run, variance doesn't affect your end result. An n% drop rate will eventually give you about n drops per 100 fights/spins/whatever in a large enough sample, and that's what matters. We don't care if you hit 10 drops in a row at some point, or if you get a bad run with no drops at all in 150 tries, as long as it all balances out in the end.

Here, the equation is very different because what we actually care about is NOT the average number of times we trigger a crit over a large number of fights. What we care about is how many times we WIN (to which triggering a crit can contribute, but it's still a separate thing) INDIVIDUAL fights (so the relevant sample size is always just the number of rounds each fight lasts). Here, variance has a HUGE effect, because we actually don't care at all about the average. Here, triggering three crits during Fight A but none during Fights B & C is a completely different story than triggering one crit in each of those three fights. And for the sample that actually matters for each fight, 6-7 rounds let's say, the odds are low enough that it's basically sheer luck whether you hit or miss your crit, and how many times. Over such a small number of rounds and with fairly low odds in the first place (1 in 4 on average, 1 in 5 at worst, or 1 in 3 in the best case scenario), natural variance will always have a much higher impact than adding or subtracting a couple of points in front of the % sign. And we can't control that, ever.

Take the champions. We've all had tons of fights against them with ridiculous odds in our favor (on paper) compared to what we can ever expect against a (worthy) opponent in league. Stuff like 41% vs 9%, right? And a lot of these fights lasted up to three or more times as many rounds as a match versus another player typically does (on top of that, versus a champ we actually care about the average, because fights do add up, but never mind that ^^). Even with these seemingly impressive odds, did it ever look like you actually had a really high number of critical hits? No, right? Because you're still tossing a coin every turn (and a slightly skewed one that will land on tails a bit more often than on heads, at that), which still boils down to "I'm feeling lucky". It is what it is.

On top of that, as I mentioned earlier, the key factor for Harmony is always the difference between your base score and your opponent's. We have no control over that (unless we deliberately go for a high Harmony score, which generally results in worse numbers in other stats that are all more reliable than Harmony), and it will always vary from one opponent to the next (beyond just their class in relation to ours). A +20% Harmony bonus on one side or the other has a negligible impact on the outcome of any given fight compared to the main variables. And again, since your win rate isn't quite the same thing as your average number of crits per round, I don't think it makes a significant difference.

4 hours ago, Karyia said:

"The devil is in the details" ^_^ 👌

Then again, he also wears Prada, and the road to his hell is paved with good intentions. So I wouldn't give him too much credit. ^^

5 hours ago, jelom said:

About you not using Any as your alpha girl, it is an error, the alpha girl should be always the one with the best stats in your class, just check your stats with and without her as alpha.

That's what the textbook mantra says, I know (even on the wiki). But I no longer go by that, and yes, I've checked my stats very closely for every possible combination of my 4 available fighters before deciding to bench Any. My conclusion was that Any isn't worth the extra effort of adding even more swapping around than I already do. You might argue that it's an error against KH opponents (more on that below), but to me there's no question that Any is no longer my optimal alpha against the other two classes. I'll take +2k in defense over +1k in ego and +0.2k in attack any day of the week, especially as a defensive class. I can see that you have Fabienne who, like Mizuki, is fairly well-rounded in stats (although I notice that Mizu has slightly better stats than her); that's another valid composition I think, and this way you can keep Any as your permanent alpha and never bother switching your line-up around. I don't have Fabienne, though (or Norou, but she's outclassed by the other 5 anyway), so my best available compositions all involve using the two overly specialized girls who balance each other out (Val and Keiko). In this context, Any doesn't really fit anywhere (except as my beta, actually—I just did even more checks while writing this post, and it's subtle but she's a bit better than Mizuki as a support).

Now, as far as fights against other KH go, honestly it seems like a tossup to me between Any and Val in my situation. Using Val has the advantage of allowing me to keep the same line-up I use against CH, so I only need to switch versus HC, instead of every time I fight a different class. See for yourself. Does the Any version look significantly better to you?

256622576_MyStats.png.4f5f66eb811fa28cc903ce127139b103.png

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Haha 1

See for yourself. Does the Any version look significantly better to you?

I'm not going to go into full detail here but there are instances where I do switch out Any for Val, but I never use any other Alpha. Any have less excitement than the other 5-star KH girls, meaning that it's easier to fill her excitement bar and trigger an orgasm.

When using 6 multi-stat pieces of equipment, I use 2 different booster setups:
With the boosters 2 cordy and 2 ginseng (legendary) I can trigger my orgasm on my 3rd and 6th hit with Any, while it is my 4th and 7th hit with Val.
With the boosters 4 ginseng, I trigger my orgasm on my 4th and 7th hit with Any, while it is my 4th and 8th with Val.
The extra damage from the orgasm can settle fights 1 hit earlier, which is in absolute most cases worth it.

Also important to note is that the beta and omega girls only affect your stats with their stat that is of your class (KH in this case), so there is no point what so ever in not having Any as your Beta girl if you do happen to not want her as your Alpha (cuz she has the highest KH stat out of all girls).

Edited by Slynia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Then again, he also wears Prada, and the road to his hell is paved with good intentions. So I wouldn't give him too much credit. ^^

Devil wearing Prada is the hottest 😍😈

You should give some credit to maximizing your chances to win instead of the opposite 🙄

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Here, the equation is very different because what we actually care about is NOT the average number of times we trigger a crit over a large number of fights. What we care about is how many times we WIN (to which triggering a crit can contribute, but it's still a separate thing) INDIVIDUAL fights (so the relevant sample size is always just the number of rounds each fight lasts). Here, variance has a HUGE effect, because we actually don't care at all about the average.

I'm pretty sure jelom is in the position of being able to win all available league battles even if he doesn't crit at all. In that scenario it really does come down to a simple "how many times do I hit Reassurance across the whole week" accounting.

5 hours ago, Slynia said:

With the boosters 2 cordy and 2 ginseng (legendary) I can trigger my orgasm on my 3rd and 6th hit with Any, while it is my 4th and 7th hit with Val.
With the boosters 4 ginseng, I trigger my orgasm on my 4th and 7th hit with Any, while it is my 4th and 8th with Val.
The extra damage from the orgasm can settle fights 1 hit earlier, which is in absolute most cases worth it.

I suppose that depends on one's own strength position. My orgasm turns are the same with those booster/girl setups, but for me it's most definitely not worth it to hit the orgasm early in the majority of cases, because the additional turn by the opponent (turn 6 or 7, usually not an orgasm hit for them) often doesn't cost me any relevant ego, while making the battle last an extra turn on my side means one more opportunity to crit. I suspect I have a lot more opponents that take me all the way to the second orgasm in general, though, since you're stronger and your battles will typically end faster than mine.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1