How you doing in the "League"

casey

hace 3 minutos, Тёмный Властелин dijo:

So, I have several questions, guys. I got used to score as little as possible but I have troubles to score as much as possible LOL

1. You have to go from top to the bottom of the bracket and try to catch strong opponents unboosted as early as possible. Is that right?
  2. Judges. If you go against an opponent of the same class as you, then it's whatever, right? You can do it when you have unfavorable judge to not miss the tokens. If you're charm and go against hardcore, you either go with the judge of your class or with know-how grandpa (70% know-how poses and 25% charm poses). Against know-how you just don't battle until charm judge. Right?
  3. Boosters. I use full cordyceps to beat strong opponents, that are 70-80 levels higher than me to finish them off before their second orgasm (or first orgasm if they have suboptimal stats and battle team). Should I consider using different types of boosters against middle field opponents and low level opponents. Which ones should I use?
  4. Equipment. I noticed that switching 1 (or 2, or 3) multistat items to monostat items can result in ~20k more ego left in the simulation. I presume, it is 1 less hit from your opponent. Should I go for it if to get 1 less hit you need to switch 1 item to monostat? And what if I need to switch 2 to get 1 less hit? And what about 3? Where is the border? I noticed, when I switch 2 items I go from 22,5 crit chance to ~ 17,5-18. What is better: lower you crit chance but have 100% one less hit from the opponent or go for full rainbow? 

1. Right. They tend to be boosted most of the time, so if you see them unboosted take the opportunity. That's more important than the judge or your current items setup (provided you're using 4 legendaries, of course).

2. More or less, yes. Against your own class, better to stick with attacking them when the judge is the worst for you, since you'll want to use the other judges against the other classes. That means Charm judge if you're KH. Against your unfavourable class you'll want your own judge, and that leaves the other judge for the class you have advantage against.

3. It's difficult to give advice here, because it depends on both you and your opponents stats. This is the meat of the strategy that separates the pros from the amateurs 😝. Cordyceps help you win battles that aren't easy to beat, but ginsengs give you more defense and crit which tends to be more important against opponents you're going to beat anyway. At the same time, if cordyceps let you win before an opponent orgasm that's something else to look for... it depends too much on your current stats and your opponents stats to give a definitive answer, other than experiment with a mix of ginseng and cordyceps, and don't use chrolleras and jujubes. And take into account that whatever strategy you use will change over time.

4. Usually full rainbow equipment is the way to go, at least if you're KH. There are some exceptions though, for example if using some monostat items will let you always win a battle you could lose otherwise, or save you from an opponent orgasm. The things to look are similar than comparing ginseng to cordyceps, but the advantage here is that you can change equipment for every battle without penalty.

I'd say the tactical priority is catching players unboosted >>>> current equipment and items setup >> current judge. I tend to have a strategy for top players, another for medium tier players and another for lower level players, but your mileage may vary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

So, I have several questions, guys. I got used to score as little as possible but I have troubles to score as much as possible LOL

1. You have to go from top to the bottom of the bracket and try to catch strong opponents unboosted as early as possible. Is that right?

I'll second Kenrae's opinion here that taking out really troublesome opponents should be done whenever possible, even if the circumstances aren't quite perfect (e.g. bad judge, less than optimal booster setup on yourself). I nearly screwed myself against a near-level 430 opponent last week who wasn't boosting at all and I thought I could just leave them for the "right" moment - and then they suddenly slapped on massive boosts with 36 hours to go. Luckily only one cycle, so they were back to normal before the end of the season.

1. Judges. If you go against an opponent of the same class as you, then it's whatever, right? You can do it when you have unfavorable judge to not miss the tokens. If you're charm and go against hardcore, you either go with the judge of your class or with know-how grandpa (70% know-how poses and 25% charm poses). Against know-how you just don't battle until charm judge. Right?

I'm personally trying to avoid the worst judge (= the one that matches the opponent's class) as much as I can, even when it's also my best judge because we're all KH. My battle lineups are optimized to not need the judge bonus since it can't be relied on, so I don't actually gain anything extra when the bonus does come in. So I'm just interested in avoiding situations where my opponents can possibly gain from the judge.

That being said, there are quite a few opponents where it just doesn't matter at all. If the opponent does, say, 50k damage per round, then that's 2.5k per judge-assisted round if they get the bonus. (A bit more after the beta girls have joined.) If you're far away from the next points threshold - say, you're ordinarily winning with 200k ego remaining and you would have to drop to below 175k to lose a point - then it's simply impossible for the opponent to do enough extra damage with the judge. Those opponents can be used to burn off tokens during otherwise unhelpful judge sessions.

1. Boosters. I use full cordyceps to beat strong opponents, that are 70-80 levels higher than me to finish them off before their second orgasm (or first orgasm if they have suboptimal stats and battle team). Should I consider using different types of boosters against middle field opponents and low level opponents. Which ones should I use?

There are a lot of edge cases so it's hard to make blanket statements about booster use, but yeah, in general: 4 cordyceps against opponents who are so strong that they can't be defeated any other way (especially if you have to take them on while they're also boosted), 2 ginseng / 2 cordyceps against somewhat stronger opponents (for me at level 412 that means most unboosted opponents at level 420+), 4 ginseng against equal or weaker competition. The 4 ginseng approach can sometimes still fail against KH and Charm opponents who are on 6 rainbows, since their high defense + Narcissism/Reassurance might drag out the battle too long; in that case they're also targets for 2 gin / 2 cor setups instead.

Edited to add: Since you're competing below D3 where the range of possible opponent strengths can be larger - 4 cordyceps can also be useful against super-weak opposition where your offense is high enough to take them out before they even reach their first orgasm.

1. Equipment. I noticed that switching 1 (or 2, or 3) multistat items to monostat items can result in ~20k more ego left in the simulation. I presume, it is 1 less hit from your opponent. Should I go for it if to get 1 less hit you need to switch 1 item to monostat? And what if I need to switch 2 to get 1 less hit? And what about 3? Where is the border? I noticed, when I switch 2 items I go from 22,5 crit chance to ~ 17,5-18. What is better: lower you crit chance but have 100% one less hit from the opponent or go for full rainbow? 

Switching in some monos is nearly always worth it if it actually guarantees an additional point by taking less damage. I'm personally okay with using as many as 4 monos. With 5 or 6 the harmony percentage suffers too much, in my experience. (4 can be borderline, 3 is pretty much always okay.)

If it doesn't guarantee an extra point, it's rarely sensible to do it.

(Splitting up the quote has screwed up the paragraph numbering, sorry.)

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

On 7/23/2020 at 2:35 PM, _shal_ said:

D3 with 102 players:

isi                KH 453    3 wins
Tatouf Métouf      KH 448   37 wins
wong7lee           HC 443    7th place x1
4t+                KH 439    3 wins
Rambo              KH 438    3 wins
трактор            Ch 437    3rd place x1
Sukaidon           HC 435    4th place x1
Vrodish            HC 435    6th place x1
Dan                HC 434   16th place x1
leo                HC 429    4th place x1
Sensei             Ch 422    4th place x1
NClark             KH 415    2nd place x2

Somebody was requesting tougher brackets for me? Here you go. I think I'll sit this one out and go for just a top 15 result. I guess it's conceivable that I could be beating one of those three 3-time winners, but I haven't had great experiences with opponents 25+ levels up even when they weren't playing their league slate all that well, and of course against isi it's even 40+ levels so he can afford even less care and still beat my scores.

Okay...

image.png.3db72b0c88460bb990826c923498a401.png

Not sure if I should count that as a gamble gone wrong or not. 20.55 average, almost exactly the 20.50 I try to aim for when going for a safe top 15, but that resulted in a much higher placement than it usually does. 3 of the top 4 were as expected, the other former multi-winner Rambo only finished in 12th place, averaging under 20. The player who luckily grabbed 4th place (HC, for the record) had never been better than 12th before. xD

Anyway, I lost three times, to the permaboosting and stats-bugged 5th place finisher, but after a few hours on my left-over 4 ginsengs from the previous season I used just 2 paid-for boosters during the week (Legendary Cordyceps), plus 6 Legendary Chlorella and one each of Epic Ginseng and Epic Cordyceps, so that was near-maximum XP for almost pure profit. Top 4 obviously would have been easily possible, but it was also nice not having to be concerned with the league while PoA took my focus. 

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 10

17th place with only 10 unused fights in a competitive (lots of heavily boosted opponents due to PoA) &  high-scoring D2. Commiserations to 15th place whom I'm pretty sure overshot 16th & ended up accidentally promoting to D3.  

Screenshot (9).png

• Like 7

Another fairly easy top 30 in D2 for me. It was slightly different because I was boosted for 2 days early on (for PoA though, not for the league itself) as were many competitors, and I also equipped 4 legendary chlorellas on the last day (to go through an Alban's Stage 5), so I had to micromanage my points a little bit at the end, but I safely landed on 17th without wasting any token.

This week seems a bit challenging. So far, very small group (by today's standards) of 102 members, 14 of which are 400+. I'm not afraid, though. ^^

Good luck, have fun this week, folks!

• Like 7

The league finished more or less as I expected. I won with 6865 points (22,88 avg), with my friend @casey close to me. Anakyna was third, and Thek got a good 4th place surpassing RobertPlant who initially was favourite for that place.

image.png.6a68bf9abdb36ac57787d2deeb44bacc.png

For the next week I have been lucky, the top players are isi 453 KH, 3 wins in D3, my club mate jajimasaji 440 HC 2 wins, lelouch 439 HC 1 win, Tempter555 439 HC best 5th, Voic 438 CH best 4th, Dudule 435 CH best 6th, qwar13 433 CH best 2nd, Matt 432 KH 5 wins.

Edited by jelom
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Not sure what the absolute end ranking was, this was taken 23 minutes before the end, but my position didn't change.
13th first place, in a league I expected to get first, to be honest.
An okay average of 22.7062.
unknown.png

On Nutaku I was paired with a level 450, that was invisible in the ToF for the entire league. I am not sure what happened there.
Anyway, I didn't expect to win against JT, however I did, with an average of almost 22.67.
Unexpected wins are always nice. This was 23rd time for me on Nutaku to win D3, which is more than I'd expect with my level.
unknown.png

Edited by Chthugha
  • Like 9

I was out of commission (sleeping) during reset so I don't know what the final standing was other than my own placement.
I ended up with a final score of 6909 (23.03 average).
If anyone that was in my league (Regret?) took a screenshot of the final standings I would appreciate it being posted ^^

poggd3.PNG

• Like 7

Last week results: 

• 108 players: 411 - highest level, 260 - lowest, average - 331,41, median - 331
  • made 321 battles: 317 - wins, 4 - losses, 0 remaining tokens
  • average points per battle: 21,962
  • total available points - 8025; 4th place score - 7024; got 3d with 7050 points
  • was boosted for 6 days: 1 time 1 common jujubes + 2 epic cordyceps + 1 legendary cordyceps; 1 time 4 epic cordyceps; 4 times 2 epic cordyceps + 2 legendary cordyceps.
  • total XP gain - ~81035

22413258_-13.thumb.jpg.03fd1461bbdf474df98535ada1bc2563.jpg

• The competition was quite amusing, I should say. It's a pity players like me are doomed to rot in 15-30 place all the time.
  • There were some high level late joiners that almost spoiled my smooth promotion. Luckily, most of them decided to chill this league and barely scored any points. Late joiners:

936050862_-3.thumb.jpg.94d939388c6cc302be07a515b56ac98b.jpg

867642347_-12.thumb.jpg.ad2ad88d559b65295cc7c1d4c205878c.jpg

1983125838_-11.thumb.jpg.cac9d8461a19244f9685c7a6900adaab.jpg

1748989129_-10.thumb.jpg.1850a499694445e6c09c65514e54aba6.jpg

• Soon it became clear, that the competition for top 4 will be among Jack - 405 level Charm player (5 D1 wins, 1 D2 wins), Henker - 388 level clubless Charm player (1 D1 win), Carlos - 387 level Hardcore player (1 top 4 D1), Lapis - 379 level Know-how player (2 top 2 D1) and me. Jack was the favorite, played accordingly (partially boosted with 1 or 2 items, used x15 button, missed tokens, boosted with chlorellas and green cordycepses) and won. 😀 Henker did a better job with boosters but made a partial rush in the end for no reason. If he was in a club, he could outperform the lazy Jack.
  • My contenders were the latter ones. Lapis made partial rushes on the 1st day for 2k points and 2d day for another 2.5k. At least he did it while he was boosted. But that didn't help him out in the end, as you can see. In the end he made another rush and finished scoring ~1 day before the league's end. Carlos, on the other hand, did no rushes but also didn't bother himself to boost for the first 4 days. After that, when he saw that things are going dicey, he boosted with chlorellas and took his 4th place.
  • I am satisfied with the results. Other than top 4, my other goals were to reach 7k points and get ~22 points average, which were fulfilled as well. I am sure that the result could have been better, but I screwed with the common jujubes, didn't catch a couple of players unboosted, don't have my stats maxed and maybe could have used different booster compositions (including ginseng, but yeah, I'm still so weak that I needed damage mostly)
  • Top 9 player's stats and battle teams:

180071657_-2.thumb.jpg.a616a951e4e33131a38764d01cd59a46.jpg

936050862_-3.thumb.jpg.94d939388c6cc302be07a515b56ac98b.jpg

866376434_-4.thumb.jpg.2f6c56c3934d0b238ff73b401d896531.jpg

939884715_-5.thumb.jpg.d93414ede7fc7df96f3b66198478a17e.jpg

196743125_-6.thumb.jpg.2bcb34af75c1038b90fc45de08bb2192.jpg

1362509503_-7.thumb.jpg.a6099c7e8577c1e22c8d269c1e64c243.jpg

1775725175_-8.thumb.jpg.c74698406ec173325c5d59940100c643.jpg

1682360196_-9.thumb.jpg.4a3b9480875b65f57c69ca13585ee0f4.jpg

• By the first glance at my D2 bracket, I can say that, maybe, I'm a bit to early to be here. I counted that even boosted I can beat only 66 opponents (198 win battles). That's not enough for only wins performance and will result in substantial XP loss. The exact number will be clear in the end of this league week. 

Good luck, have fun 😉

Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Like 8

Allright, that was a tough season. Obviously I wasnt going for a top 4 spot, but until the end I wasnt even sure if I could maintain a top 15. 7 hours before league finish I was on 17th place; a lot of players before me havent made a lot of refills, probably only some partial rushes, if even so. Over the week I had over 30 fights against (perma)boosted players and I lost 8 of them.

In the end I got a pretty safe 7th place (21,1 average), which was fine, so I could at least save some kobans for not doing a refill for the remaining fights (wouldnt have been much experience anyways sincet there were only players left I couldnt beat).

image.png.d1114f0b6e00ad17d329e3d679c88623.png

First 7 players were all KH, magic was CH (I fight him this week again, like many others from this season). Mythica was for the first few days a HC player, not sure why he switched in the middle of the league or if he even does this regularly.

Surprsing was that deeptra only managed a 2nd place, but he probably gave the win to his club mate. With his bugged stats he shouldnt lose against him, even if he's playing not really well.

image.png.3bb6338513eddb1dd4e01be1daae7c25.pngimage.png.eb37abcf04efe86dad2336212d6cf544.png

My new leagues looks not promising again, armarthai, JT, Deeptra (again!), CT, Darsca are players I wont beat. Armarthai seems to be demoting a lot lately, but that wont be enough for a top 4; since I now have a better feeling what to expect I probably can save some legendary booster this week for a top15 placement

image.png.52334faab56ac4acb513cdee66c0ccf4.png

Edit: I just remembered something anecdotic I wanted to share: Since we are often talking about how much experience you gain from staying in a league or doing promoting/demoting, I always was on an standpoint that you wont lose too much experience to your competetors if you are promoting/demoting d3-d2; as reference I always pointed to one of my fellow club members, who has only gained 2-3 level in the last half year (or even more). And that's still true, but I recently noticed a guy who's in my arena bracket for a few months now; as I first encountered him, he was 15 level above me, now there are only 6 level seperating us. I always wondered why I would catch up so quickly since he was obviously also playing a demote/promote game. I only checked his profile this week (not sure why not eariler) and I noticed that he's not doing d2/d3 but d2/d1 demoting/promoting. So I am guessing two things: 1) the experience difference is much bigger between those two than between d2/d3 (which is obvious because of the level difference but I havent thought it could be that big) and 2) he's also probably demoting with 0 points. Maybe that's not new to anybody, but I was still surprised how big of a difference there can be because of this. And that's also another reason I keep staying in d3 for at least a little while now.

Edited by blaa
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

A pretty weird D3 with a good 3rd place finish.

Initially I was all excited because there was only 1 prev D3 winner. It looked like the easiest D3 I have ever seen.

But as the week unfolded I got more and more pessimistic. The top players perma-boosted and I could not get a crit for love or money. Last week; 0 losses, this week: 8 fights lost (some 11s!). I ended up with 21.64 pts/fight, 0.6 worse than last week. (That is about 160 pts worse considering the 1 extra player this week.) Last week I finished 4th and this week it was 3rd.

At least 1 of the players I lost all 3 fights to ended up below me when the dust settled. They must have been doing something really weird to overpower max-boosted-me while defending and not pile up the points on offense.

I think it was a combination of people playing for POA and players that never compete for top 4 giving it a go.

Considering the pleasant result it was not that fun a week to play. Log on, look for unboosted with level higher than me, find none, settle for picking off mid-levels, repeat. Fight a battle, watch an opp with 22% harmony to my 28% score their crit on round 1, watch me score 0 crits in the 5-6 rounds, repeat.

But its all good. I'll take it. -_-  B|

image.png.41f345b17a506585d268a96e932897bd.png

• Like 8

This week went quite well, though in a different way :)

Pretty much the same result.. 22nd.

The good thing... only boosted fully once and another time partially, which was great and kind of surprising with the PoA going on.

More efficiency is always good ^_^ Also glad that I able to navigate all those PVPs this way.

@Тёмный Властелин Don't worry... this D2 should be over-powered by people coming down for the last PVPs and almost everyone should be boosted around now, so... the current look shouldn't be the best reflection of a "regular" D2 ;) I know mine is also a bit over-powered as usual during PoA time.

022 D2 200723 4.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It was a nice week in league. I won my D3 with an average of 22.88. A Little bit better than  GeorgeMTO and Alucard.  On thursday morning I was'nt sure to win. I played KH all the week but I am not too satisfied with my average because it was under 23.
As a result, I will continue my class change strategy until I find out where the problem is. I hope to do better this week. I am near the end now.
This week I am with Suzaku (33D3 victory) and Nishebro (7 D3 victory), they are more powerfull than me. Some other opponents are strong too like tsuna,viking1437and cyril (all HC). In this league there is a lot of KH and CH, more than HC. As usual we have bug player, Nishimoto (KH lvl412), he seems to play a demote. Also I am with my clubmate @MICK69 I bet on him for a top 4, he plays well ;).

Have a nice evening all

Screenshot_20200730_125240_com.android.chrome.jpg

Capturemick.PNG

Edited by E. N. D.
  • Like 5

32 minutes ago, E. N. D. said:

This week I am with Suzaku (33D3 victory) and Nishebro (7 D3 victory), they are more powerfull than me.

Probably no need to worry about the latter, considering...

On 4/30/2020 at 6:32 AM, _shal_ said:

D3 with 102 players:

(...) [CNO] Nishebro should be the favourite here as the highest level KH and the winningest player (7 D3 wins).

...he apparently hasn't won any D3's in the last 3 months.

He played extremely, ahem, mechanical the two times I had him in my brackets.

• Thanks 1

He's an odd player from what I remember yes. 

Finished 6th last week. Not too bad considering the opponents and my more relaxed play because of that. On to an easier table? Non. 

I got screwed even harder by the bracket making gods than last week: 

Screenshot_20200801_215713.jpg

Screenshot_20200801_215644.jpg

Edited by DHarry
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Kenrae said:

Wow, that's as harder as it gets.

I'm afraid to confirm as it may prompt them to prove me wrong again, haha. 

But yes. The positive is that this group means there are others that can have easier groups because of it. If that's you, think of my pain for a second when you collect your kobans.  😅😂

On 7/31/2020 at 8:44 PM, E. N. D. said:

As usual we have bug player, Nishimoto (KH lvl412)

On 7/30/2020 at 4:55 PM, blaa said:

With his bugged stats he shouldnt lose

On 7/30/2020 at 1:14 PM, _shal_ said:

and stats-bugged 5th place finisher

Could somebody explain what is meant by the term "bugged stats"?  

some players have been affected by a bug that increases their power in league and arena. This bug works in defense, an affected player cannot use it in attack. On the French part of the forum we have started to identify them.

Edited by E. N. D.

51 minutes ago, E. N. D. said:

some players are affected by a bug that increases their power in league and arena. This bug works in defense, an affected player cannot use it in attack. On the French part of the forum we have started to identify them.

Thanks for your reply.
So its not a bug somebody is actively using it? How do you identify this bug, recalculate his attack and compare it to the defense? 

If you want to know how to detect them, you  have to compare his profile page with the arena or league fight page on 2 consecutive reset (judge), if you see the same difference in points it means that the player has been affected.

here an example:549925310_Capturekein950profil.thumb.PNG.858dfcbfbcd71e8308b316dba410475d.PNG2044123275_Capturekein950combat.thumb.PNG.0d17758199a6bb63d855c24539d7316c.PNG

Edited by E. N. D.
  • Thanks 1

I'll post early today. Another fairly uneventful chillax week in D2's top 30 for me (and Finder, who I only noticed was in my league again almost at the end of the week ^^ congrats).

1165758615_HHLeagueStory30-D2Top30NoKobanSpent.png.8cc4e02e0f2a1b9ce3385d6d0a393a78.png

I've boosted myself a few days with full Chlorella for Alban, but that didn't impact my league experience much either way. Business as usual.

Good luck have fun this week, guys. Stay safe!

• Like 5

25th with no unused tokens/fights in my toughest D2 since I (accidentally) promoted from D1. Lots of high-level players topped by a lvl. 425 with 2 D3 3rd place finishes to his name. Thankfully this week's league looks less brutal.

Screenshot (15).png

• Like 5