How you doing in the "League"

casey

On 7/16/2020 at 10:58 PM, _shal_ said:

And it's another D3 with 101 players for me as well.

Aure               KH 438   14 wins
Jotabe             HC 437   13th place x1
joegland           KH 432    2nd place x3
Kronen             KH 429    6th place x1
jpat               HC 429   14th place x1
Itsme              HC 428    9th place x1
jerome             Ch 427   12th place x2
felc               KH 427    9th place x1
Fifou              Ch 426    9th place x1
Krult              KH 424    4th place x1
rm80               KH 422    3rd place x1

I suppose it would be a case of false modesty at this point in my D3 "career" if I expected to finish worse than 3rd place in that bunch. But we'll see...

That went about as expected:

image.png.ad861d4d76cdcd5f30eece2509020e58.png

Finally a 2nd place finish again after 11 weeks, not that it really means anything more than 3rd or 4th do, of course. I didn't play this one super-efficiently and probably left some 10-20 points on the table, but in this bracket it hardly mattered. 2 points more than last week, against the same number of opponents, so narrowly that's another all-time best for me at 22.44 points on average.

Surprise 4th place result for Sinner who had a previous best of something like 7th or 9th. That said, he was pretty much permaboosted to get to his 21.16 average, and with that score it's not hard to see why that hadn't been good enough for any top 4's before. I have no idea what joegland was doing - KH 433 and lots of boosting really shouldn't have resulted in 5th place here. Nice job by 3rd place finisher rm80, however.

HC doc in 6th place was the only non-KH player in the top 10, the best Charmer was a level 426 who ended the season in 11th place.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 12

Well, first d3 I was playing I made a shal, I guess. The first screenshot shows the standings 5 minutes before ending.

image.png.f3bf33ba6367bb598f949ae42cdea66b.png

I couldnt keep 2nd place, but in the end I was third:

image.png.f0fe457e6c2d785da723be022b04a931.png

Marcin, the 3rd highest player in the league and KH player made a lot of fights in the last minutes - 30 seconds before league ending he was on 2nd position with 688x points; I cant say if he won the league, cause I had to snip my contest. =D But I guess, since he was online on league ending and his win counter did show a d3 win, it wasnt enough for him.

Overall, it was a pretty weak d3 I assume. Treat with 18 d3 wins was the clear favorite. Besides him there was only Marcin with 3 d2 2nd places who was gonna beat me for sure. Every other player probably could have beat me, if they would have played serious, but I took my chances.

Interesting enough roblocop rushed on day 2 or 3 and probably could hold onto a top4 finish until the end. It will be his first top4 finish. He's also the only CH player in the top4 and only one of two (Littel is the other) in top10. Mehowek was a KH player and everyone else HC.

I was surprised how many HC players I had this league; there were almost 50 of them in a 103 player league. Also very surprising was how many players didnt boost at all or just randomly; I am sure, I could have easily secured a top15 without using a lot of boosters (and of course not one single purple) and that despite the level difference.

My point average was 21,75 - it probably could have be better, but as it was clear to me, that I wont lose to roblocop I got a little bit unaware of the boosters and probably lost about 30 points in total.

My current d3 is a hard one. 4 out of 5 of the top level player are KH and three of them have at least one d3 win. There are also a lot of other strong KH players in the 420s and 410s, so I am not sure if I can repeat my success. Most likely I am gonna go for an easy top 15.

What I am sure about, is that I dont want to demote anymore. I am not motivated anymore to wait a week just for a weak hope that I could make some more kobans (which seems to be harder and harder every week - and since the good mid-high-tier players are demoting there are less strong opponents in d3 to compete with, especially KH players)

Edited by blaa
  • Like 12

Landed in a weak bracket and managed to hold on to 4th a nice chunk up on 5th despite some playing errors. A bit of bad luck saddled me with my only 2 losses. I fought 1 battle unboosted (doh) and 2 battles with the wrong girls (doh) but my biggest screw-up was clicking sell instead of equip (DOH). Bye bye nice purple gear. I was sleepy. Here is the sequence: be sleepy, click sell, 2 secs oblivious, 2 secs dawning horror, 4 secs trying to think of a fix, 2 secs accepting your fate, 10 secs evaluating the damage, a lifetime of lingering regret.

image.png.160dd011d8e0522fa6a64a95cc4ba34e.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Hello there,

This league has been one of the most interesting that I have done. Slynia and Phoenix are very strong and play really different, I learned a lot from them. I started as CH, I did 12% the first 6 hours then I changed to KH for an average of 23.11. My intention from the start was to rush as many players as possible, but @Slynia did the same, so I started following him. I was also lucky to have the head of my club in this league, he gave me 3x25 points (thanks boss @Fly ;)) . As a result, my class change strategy is not as effective as I hoped ... I will try to improve it and thanks to @Phoenix now I have an idea how to do it..

This week I'm with GeorgeMTO (31 wins in D3) and Alucard (I can't see his page), I feel it's going to be difficult.

CaptureSPFE.PNG

• Like 10

I am gonna start by congratulating @E. N. D.  for winning! Was nice seeing you in action.
Now then... wow this wasn't even close! I ended up with below 23 points an average, which usually only happens when I'm not going full serious mode. I was defeated hands down, and I think I would've still lost to E. N. D. even if I had more time to check players at each update. I did small rushes to fight unboosted players as this was a really busy weekend for me and I missed 3 league updates. I guess I missed a couple of unboosted players as I did in the end fight 7 players with boosters. I still think I have to revisit my strategy, as I shouldn't end up below ~23 points an average when I'm serious 🤣  Phoenix, who have slightly lower stats than me and also went 4x ginseng boosters all week which is not (normally) the optimal way to play the league, still managed to beat me by 15 points. I can only imagine that he did a better job at selecting opponents and micromanaging than I did, so congratulations to him as well! Better luck this week to myself 🤣

• Like 9

1 hour ago, snowman22 said:

Landed in a weak bracket and managed to hold on to 4th a nice chunk up on 5th despite some playing errors. A bit of bad luck saddled me with my only 2 losses. I fought 1 battle unboosted (doh) and 2 battles with the wrong girls (doh) but my biggest screw-up was clicking sell instead of equip (DOH). Bye bye nice purple gear. I was sleepy. Here is the sequence: be sleepy, click sell, 2 secs oblivious, 2 secs dawning horror, 4 secs trying to think of a fix, 2 secs accepting your fate, 10 secs evaluating the damage, a lifetime of lingering regret.

image.png.160dd011d8e0522fa6a64a95cc4ba34e.png

We've all been there. 😂😢😢😢

I had a weird week. 4 people, all KH, far over my level and reach. The rest, pretty weak. So boring 5th place with my highest average I think yet. Kinda lame draw. 

This week's worse, I somehow ended up waay lower on the lvl list. 2 people over 450 then many in the 40s. Then even more 30s. And then poor old me. 😢

• Like 3

Last week results: 

• 109 players: 415 - highest level, 232 - lowest, median - 335,55
  • made 246 battles: 240 - wins, 6 - losses, 78 remaining tokens
  • average points for wins: 17,595
  • 15th place score - 4266; got 17th with 4265 points
  • was boosted for 1 days: 4 epic cordyceps.
  • total XP gain - ~61500

1334295494_-13.thumb.jpg.67ac6a85320c425061339f50e7871022.jpg

• I was 22th level-wise player from the end this time.
  • Two 13 points losses - not bad, could have been worse. Renewed my best average score for wins - 17,595 - got 3d monostat item and battled with it throughout the whole league. The more monostats - the better 😀
  • The league winner is level 415 Hardcore player, who was not playing optimally (missed fights, was unboosted, rushed in the end) but still won the league due to overwhelming level advantage. 2nd place took another hardcore player who was playing a more balanced game. The rest is clown fiesta - 5.6k points only for the 3d place. 🙈 If only I knew, I would have beaten these guys easily. In the beginning all these 380+ guys scored their points so I was scared and didn't go for the 4th place. 🙄

196702389_-4.thumb.jpg.63c98ad8b538a490cf1437fea8cf4a96.jpg

• Top 9 player's stats and battle teams:

160875419_-4-1.thumb.jpg.2b32ab943306c9ca8a12a8cccc57bdf5.jpg

1188097890_-5.thumb.jpg.089858fd91ca772d13293ce6c6cc92a9.jpg

1645303165_-6.thumb.jpg.104bb4b37833b0b3193cc4ed6392b9d3.jpg

1706657719_-7.thumb.jpg.7cc523d0268dbfcc8b7a337709dd4e4b.jpg

1797547761_-8.thumb.jpg.3745d7f6bcf081312f76c26e11fbc397.jpg

954610973_-9.thumb.jpg.657537927f56397f8d221b5acb91e7b1.jpg

1577960275_-10.thumb.jpg.b9f0400149e3334f9c988cd8981fbe74.jpg

1215113890_-11.thumb.jpg.1661156fc40c2b5e5a2e41383ca5f34b.jpg

871641524_-12.thumb.jpg.7c4b4b56fc659250960e4c5bde9f2502.jpg

[\spoiler]

• I'm going for promotion this week. I'm 35th level-wise player from the end this time. This may be not the best time to do so due to PoA but I'll try. There is only one high level player, who had D1 wins in the bracket and very little know-how players in the top. Fingers crossed.

Good luck in the upcoming battles, guys 😉

Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Like 11

Il y a 1 heure, Тёмный Властелин a dit :
  • The league winner is level 415 Hardcore player, who was not playing optimally (missed fights, was unboosted, rushed in the end) but still won the league due to overwhelming level advantage. 2nd place took another hardcore player who was playing a more balanced game. The rest is clown fiesta - 5.6k points only for the 3d place. 🙈 If only I knew, I would have beaten these guys easily. In the beginning all these 380+ guys scored their points so I was scared and didn't go for the 4th place. 🙄

6k for the 3rd place (and even more if my x15 didn't bug - I think ~6.2k), and ~5.8k for the 4th place.

Yeah I know I am scary ^^.

Edited by test_anon
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

One question guys... what's this script I see you people use for league battles? I only know of HH++

That's the one. You have "League information" (and also a "League Sim") ON/OFF toggle in the options on the top-right. Maybe you've disabled it if you don't see the script's stuff in league?

Didn't get a chance to get a screenshot this time but got an 18th on D2.

It was a odd week as I had a huge advantage and was around top 6... had actually to stop playing to get out of the top 15 😅🙄

I'm assuming the lower averages are people going down because of POA but we'll see.

Another week, another try :D

Good luck everyone!

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

That's why I always go for it. Last week it didn't work and I ended 5th. But if one of them had missed the deadline somehow, I'd be there to collect. 

• Like 3

hace 15 horas, DvDivXXX dijo:

That's the one. You have "League information" (and also a "League Sim") ON/OFF toggle in the options on the top-right. Maybe you've disabled it if you don't see the script's stuff in league?

Wait, I don't see any options from the script 😅 I see mission and arena times, bosses battles direct links, market and harem stats... but nothing on leagues and no toggle options at all.

Ok, I'll go to the script's thread and leave this one free of this.

19 hours ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

Last week results: 

• 109 players: 415 - highest level, 232 - lowest, median - 335,55
  • [...]

I can't avoid this nitpicking:

• a median level has only integer numbers, no comma
  • so the median in a 109 player season would be the level of the 55th player
    • yes, the median is interesting because together with lowest and highest you get an idea how it was packed
    • just no to any comma value, that is not possible for median - only for average

No, you are not the first. 

Yes, I just decided from nowhere to pick your post - so no personal offense in any means.

Cheers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, windia said:

• yes, the median is interesting because together with lowest and highest you get an idea how it was packed
    • just no to any comma value, that is not possible for median - only for average

Yes, I just decided from nowhere to pick your post - so no personal offense in any means.

Cheers.

The median can have a .5 for integer sets.
The set {1, 2, 3, 4} has a median of 2.5, because you take the average of the two middle numbers if the set size has an even amount of numbers in it.
.55 is not possible though for a median of a set of integers.

1 minute ago, Chthugha said:

The median can have a .5 for integer sets.
The set {1, 2, 3, 4} has a median of 2.5, because you take the average of the two middle numbers if the set size has an even amount of numbers in it.
.55 is not possible though for a median of a set of integers.

true, If I want to have a median that is part of the sample, I might be forced to use an upper and a lower one.

21 minutes ago, windia said:

Cheers.

My bad. It was average. I just made a sum of all player's levels and divided them for the amount of players. So, average - 335,55, median - 338.

So, is it better to show median, or average?

Edited by Тёмный Властелин

3 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

Why not both? ^^ (But really, I think average is good enough).

2 hours ago, Kenrae said:

Wait, I don't see any options from the script 😅

1085002088_ScriptOptions.png.73ab6cee4ac82d8a34f813510e609d7a.png

2 hours ago, Kenrae said:

Wait, I don't see any options from the script

I guess you are using 1121's hh++ version and not the OCD edit made by Shal? As only Shal's version has the league information you are looking for. I have both but as you can see I'm currently using the OCD edit ^^

hh++.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

My bad. It was average. I just made a sum of all player's levels and divided them for the amount of players. So, average - 335,55, median - 338.

Bad or not - that's not my intention. It was just one example to point it out. 

And Chthugha clarified that comma for median is necessary in case the median is not part of the sample: because it has to devide the sample into two equal halves...

I personally prefer the median for the league. Because having lowest lvl 230 and highest 430 - than a median of 350 would tell me: many high levels in it!

e.g. slide_31.jpg

• Like 1

So, I have several questions, guys. I got used to score as little as possible but I have troubles to score as much as possible LOL

1. You have to go from top to the bottom of the bracket and try to catch strong opponents unboosted as early as possible. Is that right?
  2. Judges. If you go against an opponent of the same class as you, then it's whatever, right? You can do it when you have unfavorable judge to not miss the tokens. If you're charm and go against hardcore, you either go with the judge of your class or with know-how grandpa (70% know-how poses and 25% charm poses). Against know-how you just don't battle until charm judge. Right?
  3. Boosters. I use full cordyceps to beat strong opponents, that are 70-80 levels higher than me to finish them off before their second orgasm (or first orgasm if they have suboptimal stats and battle team). Should I consider using different types of boosters against middle field opponents and low level opponents. Which ones should I use?
  4. Equipment. I noticed that switching 1 (or 2, or 3) multistat items to monostat items can result in ~20k more ego left in the simulation. I presume, it is 1 less hit from your opponent. Should I go for it if to get 1 less hit you need to switch 1 item to monostat? And what if I need to switch 2 to get 1 less hit? And what about 3? Where is the border? I noticed, when I switch 2 items I go from 22,5 crit chance to ~ 17,5-18. What is better: lower you crit chance but have 100% one less hit from the opponent or go for full rainbow? 

hace 3 horas, Slynia dijo:

I guess you are using 1121's hh++ version and not the OCD edit made by Shal? As only Shal's version has the league information you are looking for. I have both but as you can see I'm currently using the OCD edit ^^

hh++.PNG

That was it, thanks!

• Like 1