How you doing in the "League"

casey

As expected, I finished #6 in my final D1 league. My first D2 looks a lot tougher overall (and I'm back to being the 2nd lowest level ^^), but there are still plenty of players with terrible lineups and/or stats, not to mention plenty of CH, so I'm scoring easy wins for now. It will only last so long, though (as will my boosters), so we'll see. I'm hopeful but not sure I can make it to Top 45 right away. At least, this is challenging again. D1 was becoming a chore for me.

• Like 6

Back to the second place again this week. I did 6971 points, mi second best average with 23,24 points per battle, but it was not enough, Fiel or Yuzuru passed me during the night.

image.png.9bf62e051044f683f21bee5d5c8f6a11.png

This week looks grim, I am in the hardest bracket I remember in months. [CNO] Cadmos 430, Govenants 425, Quistis 425, wongl7ee 417, [CNO]Aris619  418 and [CNO] Raiygaa 414

I will be happy if I manage to end 4th.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Karyia said:

Hey, no insulting we poor charmers! 😅😤

Congrats, btw! 👍👏

I have been charm for a very long time. I had to play with care and I managed some top 4 finishes, but mostly ended on places 5-7. I only switched at the start of the year to know-how. Since that change I won 4 out of 5 D3 leagues. I already knew KH is by far the best specialty, but these results are kind of ridiculous. As if there is no challenge left in winning 😂 so that is why I said I should switch back to charm. Then at least there is a challenge 😂

• Haha 2

after winning last season and reviewing my competition for this season...........i'm am going to take it easy and use minimum boosters or none at all and see if

i can get a reasonable result...................there are 15 players level 400 and above, and 2 that are at a higher level than me

6 minutes ago, casey said:

after winning last season and reviewing my competition for this season...........i'm am going to take it easy and use minimum boosters or none at all and see if

i can get a reasonable result...................there are 15 players level 400 and above, and 2 that are at a higher level than me

Only 2 higher? You should beat them!

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 5:54 AM, _shal_ said:

Back to D3 for another tanking season, and as it's just 100 players once more I'll surely aim to tie my newly best-ever 86th place finish again.

On 1/30/2020 at 5:35 AM, _shal_ said:

The only two players who've won in D3 before are both level 403 and thus not even on this screenshot - wide open bracket.

Or maybe not so wide open. The level 403 player with 5 previous wins took the victory, the level 403 player with 2 previous wins came in second.

image.png.69bb18002b06b140d13d3fd0962a827e.png

My quest for 86th place was foiled:

image.png.1a6686b96cd5a92a3d2dce82ee5d2b27.png

Decent tanking season though again - as long as I can crack 2000 points and 30,000 XP (almost 35k this time), I'm happy.

My new D2 has a surprising number of former winners in it, including an 11-time champion - but they're only Charm and level 389. (Might be mostly wins from the old scoring formula with first-minute rushing winners.) Three others have won between 1 and 3 times. And finally there's a late-joining 7-time winner (KH level 399) who just finished rushing a few minutes ago - 23.55 average, we'll see if I decide to challenge that.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Chthugha said:

I have been charm for a very long time. I had to play with care and I managed some top 4 finishes, but mostly ended on places 5-7. I only switched at the start of the year to know-how. Since that change I won 4 out of 5 D3 leagues. I already knew KH is by far the best specialty, but these results are kind of ridiculous. As if there is no challenge left in winning 😂 so that is why I said I should switch back to charm. Then at least there is a challenge 😂

Don't be used to win, I was in a streak of 11 wins of 14 league seasons, thinking I could win most of the weeks in D3 but I have only done once of the last six weeks (and this new season looks the same). Luck in the forming of the brackets is very important, if you are paired with one of the strongest players then it becames a real challenge.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, jelom said:

Don't be used to win, I was in a streak of 11 wins of 14 league seasons, thinking I could win most of the weeks in D3 but I have only done once of the last six weeks (and this new season looks the same). Luck in the forming of the brackets is very important, if you are paired with one of the strongest players then it becames a real challenge.

Are you sure you didn't become lax in your approach? I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to finish top 4 in your current season for example. Nor do I see a reason why you shouldn't have won your last league. You were the highest rated player, you are KH. Maybe you should start overthinking your strategy. To be honest, I've seen quite a few high level players using some dodgy tactics.

P.S. I obviously wasn't serious in my previous posts. It was to show my disbelief of winning 4 out of 5 leagues this year so far, since my change from charm to know-how. I'd seriously would've been happy with consistent top 4 finishes. The one time I didn't win, it was because I had a very high level opponent in the league. But in the mean time I beat some higher level players as well, who, like I said earlier, showed some dodgy tactics that show a lack of understanding in the mechanics of the league. Also, Raiygaa shouldn't be a thread for you. I beat him comfortably last season.

• Like 1

Well, you must be right, I will rethink my booster and gear strategy. After reviewing again the opponents, it seems that only govenants (34 wins), my club mate Quistis (16 wins), and [CNO] Aris619 (10 wins) are the real threats this week, so a 4th place should be obtainable.

• Like 2

I won my D3 league last week, even tho I thought Alucard would win as my final score wasn't my best.
I was also messing around with different booster combinations, as I thought having 1 chlorella against really weak opponents might be a really good choice.

I found out that chlorella is really good against weak opponents, while it is far inferior to gingseng and cordyceps against stronger opponents with 320k+ EGO. I did an average of 15+6/7 against them, while I did 15+9/10 against opponents under 300k EGO. 

hhhhh.PNG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Slynia said:

I won my D3 league last week, even tho I thought Alucard would win as my final score wasn't my best.
I was also messing around with different booster combinations, as I thought having 1 chlorella against really weak opponents might be a really good choice.

I found out that chlorella is really good against weak opponents, while it is far inferior to gingseng and cordyceps against stronger opponents with 320k+ EGO. I did an average of 15+6/7 against them, while I did 15+9/10 against opponents under 300k EGO. 

The question is if that can be contributed to chlorella, or if that would have happened with any set of boosters (apart from jujubes).

2 minutes ago, Slynia said:

I think that's more along the lines of "one chlorella doesn't sabotage much against weak opponents".

4 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

The question is if that can be contributed to chlorella, or if that would have happened with any set of boosters (apart from jujubes).

Well, I've tried other combinations as well. I'm not saying I've made a breakthrough in new booster strategy. I only meant to say that it "works" just as good as any other "top" booster combination against weaker opponents. 

3 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

I think that's more along the lines of "one chlorella doesn't sabotage much against weak opponents".

Exactly. The only reason as to why I wanted to use chlorella in my booster setup was because I have over 30+ of them, most many of them gained from mythic pachinko free roll xD.

Edited by Slynia

2 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

I don't like to use them anyway, to be honest. You are stuck with them for 24 hours. It can seriously hamper you if your opponents have their only boosterless moment during that 24 hours.

True. If you are in a league with heavy competition where every point counts I probably wouldn't use them. But if you are in a league like I am this week (if ýou check the "identifying the Dicktator league brackets"), I probably have nothing to lose in using them, even if the stronger players are dropping their boosters during those 24 hours, I will only lose about maybe 2-4 points (depending on luck with harmony) against such an opponent after 3 fights.

I'd still be wary of it in general, though.

Imagine you've got 400k ego unboosted, and there's an opponent against whom you're guaranteed to score 23 points (>70% ego remaining) even without boosters and without the benefit of Reassurance.

No boosters: 400k ego; needed for 23 points: >280k ego after battle

With 4 legendary chlorella: 560k ego; needed for 23 points: >392k ego after battle; needed for 24 points: >448k ego after battle

So in the unboosted case, you're able to take up to 120k damage in order to score 23 points, while in the boosted case you can only take up to 112k damage if you want to score more than 23 points. Result: The four chlorella boosters have helped a little bit, but certainly much less than four ginseng or cordyceps would.

And with only one chlorella it's much worse:

No boosters: 400k ego; needed for 23 points: >280k ego after battle

With 1 legendary chlorella: 440k ego; needed for 23 points: >308k ego after battle; needed for 24 points: >352k ego after battle

From 120k damage down to 88k damage allowed for extra points, so there will be almost no opponent where it's actually beneficial. (Only those where you're taking between 80k and 88k damage exactly. Plus a similar small gap for the 24/25 points case, between 40k and 44k.)

Basically, I suspect you would have done just as well by using 3 legendary ginseng/cordyceps and leaving the 4th slot empty, than by filling it with legendary chlorella. And putting epic ginseng/cordyceps or even rare cordyceps in that slot probably has better effects.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Well, a bit of topic, but just wanting to say that I'm glad to see that despite being charm you can still get up there :) 

I doubt I'm proeficient enough for serious league play yet but KH seems to have the best crit by far, and in balanced fights, every detail can make the difference 👍

Really good points, thank you for sharing. Let's do some math :D Before I start, I think that chlorella might be better even with your calculations in mind depending on the opponent's stats. Example: It would take you 5 hits to finish off an opponent with 3 gingseng + 1 cordyceps and 6x rainbow/multi stat gear because that opponent had less than 10k ego after the 4th hit. Switching to 2 gingseng, 1 cordyceps and 1 chlorella, it would still take you 5 hits to finish off your opponent, you just barely kill him with your 5th hit but still. This means your opponent got 4 hits in on you in both cases. Now let's take my stats for an example, just for the sake of argument. 1 chlorella gives me ~38k EGO, and a gingseng gives me ~15k EGO, but 1k more defense.

Lastly, we need to check the % of the total EGO left.  (remember I don't calculate for the harmony procs for either me or the opponent below). 
In the first case I have roughly 412K ego, and 435k in the latter (with chlorella). To get 15+9 points, I need to have: 412 - 41.2 = 370.8k EGO left. OR 435 - 43.5 = 391.5k EGO.
I have 24k defense in the first case and 23k in the 2nd. LET'S SAY my opponent has 40k damage. 40-24 =16k damage per hit. 16*4 = 64 (+ 1 orgasm, 40*1.5 = 60, 60-24 = 36, an extra 20k damage ) so 64+20=84k damage total.
To save you time, it's 88k damage against the chlorella setup.
412 - 84 = 328
435 - 88 = 347

370.8 - 328 = 42.8 (that's the ego we're missing for 15+9 points with 3 gingseng)
391.5 - 347 = 44.5 (that's the ego we're missing for 15+9 points with the chlorella setup)

So in this scenario, 3 gingseng is actually 1.7k EGO BETTER than the chlorella setup. Huh... I am man enough to confess when I was wrong. 
However, do keep in mind that this is just when no harmony procs are in the calculations from either side.

I might've calculated something wrong, and if I did then kindly tell me so and I will recalculate that part. I did do this kinda quickly so.
TL;DR 1 legendary gingseng is a superior choice over that of 1 chlorella booster.

Edited by Slynia
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Slynia said:

Example: It would take you 5 hits to finish off an opponent with 3 gingseng + 1 cordycep and 6x rainbow/multi stat gear, because that opponent had less than 10k ego after the 4th hit

In this case you could just switch one rainbow with a monostat and defeat him 1 turn earlier, especially if you can avoid your opponent's orgasm.

52 minutes ago, Slynia said:

LETS SAY my opponent have 40k damage. 40-24 =16k damage per hit. 16*4 = 64 (+ 1 orgasm, 16/2 = 8 ) so 64+8=72k damage total.

To be precise, the 1.5 orgasm multiplier is applied to the attack before the defense deduction, so the orgasm damage is 40*1.5 - 24 = 36k.

Edited by Daniele
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Daniele said:

In this case you could just switch one rainbow with a monostat and defeat him 1 turn earlier, especially if you can avoid your opponent's orgasm.

To be precise, the 1.5 orgasm multiplier is applied to the attack before the defense deduction, so the orgasm damage is 40*1.5 - 24 = 36k.

1: Yes of course, but this was just to compare the 2 setups :) 

2: You are completely right, an oversight by me. Thanks :)

Situation got back for me to the "normal keeping" of the 16-30 tier in Dicktator II, with me ending at 17th place in the last league. The new one seems to have a little less 300K+ Ego players than the last one, but although this time I was unable to be present at 5:00am and therefore lost some tokens, I am already at 26th place while posting this. The usual thing may be a little boring, but for now it is a good thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, govenants said:

hi @jelom i think you will win our league :)
tell me tomorrow if it's good 😁

I wish you were right on this, of course :D. I still have some battles left, but you have now more points than I could achieve, my objective is only to place 4th this week.

• Like 2