How you doing in the "League"

casey

40 minutes ago, Lemus said:

Actually, it's not like that. These are not "bugged stats", but the mechanics of the game that works as follows - the player's data is not displayed in the arena and the tower in real time. First the game "remembers" the current data of the player, and then uses it for the arena and the tower for a few hours, regardless of how much it changes the player and which shows in his profile. The "bugged stats" are like this - the player had 4 purple boosters plugged in, the game remembers them, they ended in half an hour, but the game will remember them for at least 4-5 hours before the next database update.

I will assume that this is done for two reasons - the first is likely to simplify the work to reduce the load on the server. The second reason is probably the defense against fake fights - so you couldn't change your statistics in the tower for 1 minute by removing good equipment and putting the girls of the first level in the team, so that, for example, the members of your club, whom you told about it, could score more points against you and take a higher place in the tower.

You're on the right track for how the feature works, but you're wrong about there not being a bug. We've had it confirmed by several users, that they've taken screenshots of their currently boosted stats, which are the same as every other time they've boosted, and then we show them how they appear in the league to us, with every stat higher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lemus said:

Actually, it's not like that. These are not "bugged stats", but the mechanics of the game that works as follows - the player's data is not displayed in the arena and the tower in real time. First the game "remembers" the current data of the player, and then uses it for the arena and the tower for a few hours, regardless of how much it changes the player and which shows in his profile. The "bugged stats" are like this - the player had 4 purple boosters plugged in, the game remembers them, they ended in half an hour, but the game will remember them for at least 4-5 hours before the next database update.

I will assume that this is done for two reasons - the first is likely to simplify the work to reduce the load on the server. The second reason is probably the defense against fake fights - so you couldn't change your statistics in the tower for 1 minute by removing good equipment and putting the girls of the first level in the team, so that, for example, the members of your club, whom you told about it, could score more points against you and take a higher place in the tower.

The stats you are referring to are updated 4 times during the 24-hour cycle of the day, so it's actually every 6 hours. 
If you actually read my post you would know that I know this and that I even said that their stats (ALL OF THEM) are higher 24/7 (24 hours of the day, every day of the week) in league/arena compared to the stats on their profile. 

I am in the same "mojo group" as anony76 (meaning that I am regularly fighting him in the arena), I have been ever since the new formula was implemented. I have been keeping a track of him for several months in other words, and his stats are ALWAYS higher in the league/arena compared to his profile. 

An easy way for me to know that his stats are in fact bugged. Is that my gear is better than his, and I am a higher level with fully upgraded stats and alpha girl.
Despite this, even if we are both running 5x multi stat gear and 1 mono gear, his stats are higher than mine (and yes I am using 4x ginseng legendary boosters).

Edited by Slynia
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 11:23 PM, DvDivXXX said:

The reset time is really terrible for all of us in or around the CET time zone, and I hope they'll change it someday.

But please don't literally lose sleep over this (or any) game.

I wrote only the necessary, so I will expand: a little before 1:00am I was doing the last in-game things (emptying bars, collecting money, etc) before going to bed, when I suddenly fell asleep. Don't worry, there was no intention on my behalf to lose any sleep: I just exploited the fact I awoke just a few minutes before 5:00am by using some free league tokens before falling asleep again.

Edited by Observer_X
  • Like 1

@GeorgeMTO, @Slynia, can I see screenshots of this somewhere? If something I quite trust your words, but this is not the first time I hear about this error, but "visualize" it all fails, each time all at the level of rumors and conspiracy. (If anything, I have no claims, I understand that making screenshots is extremely difficult - you need to negotiate with different people or have several accounts of high level, so if not then no. And yes, I tried to make an agreement myself, but I have language barrier problems, English is not my language, and from my compatriots I have not found suitable ones).

I think this proves it. The first picture is taken back on September 27th last year (the day after the patch hit live servers). The other 2 pictures are of my stats that I just took. Do you see that he has higher on many stats at level 384 than I currently have at level 424? 40 levels above the other guy. I am also, as you can see, running 6x multi stat gear and 4x legendary ginseng boosters, so there is no way to boost all my stats (hardcore, charm, and know-how) at the same time any more than this.

aaa3.png

adaaa2.PNG

aaa1.PNG

Edited by Slynia
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, Lemus said:

Actually, it's not like that.

As others have already tried to explain: Some players have arena/league stats that are consistently different from their real stats, not just for a few hours due to boosters overspilling into another 6-hour snapshot window. For some of these affected players the differences are very small - can be less than 100 points in each of HC/Ch/KH and a couple of hundred ego points (smaller than boosters can be responsible for) - and for some they are huge.

The small-difference version of the bug is actually quite common, I'd say I'm finding at least 5 players like that in every league bracket I'm in.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's a player in my current league that I suspect to have a mid-sized version of the bug:

image.png.dab9adfd023b789735cbfccf3e0bcb5b.png

image.png.5bf6b7e942de106e728f0b8c5663c831.png

This player joined my league about 24 hours ago, and the two sets of stats have consistently looked like that, with differences of 955 in HC, and 868 in both Ch and KH. That actually matches his club boost levels, which are 11 for HC and 10 for the others, 955:868 = 11:10. That seems to indicate that there's a step in the club boost calculation for the snapshot where this player is falsely credited with an extra 17,360 class stat points from somewhere (955 / 0.055 = 868 / 0.05 = 17360). He's not getting the 17,360 points itself, just the bogus additional boost from them.

Note that these differences don't match what's possible via boosters. If he was on, say, 800 points of ginsengs (2 rares + 1 common) on the snapshot but not on the live stats, the club boost difference between 11 and 10 levels would only amount to 4 extra points of difference between HC and Ch/KH, not 87.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 4

@_shal_, with all due respect, but small changes in statistics are very difficult to categorize unambiguously as game bugs without feedback from the person who owns the account that we analyze. Change of equipment, change of girls in the team, different combinations of boosters (green, yellow, purple), change of club bonuses values all this gives a certain backlash of parameters that can be explained by both bug and natural causes. 

We need a certain variant with really abnormally high values, as the one that leads above by @Slynia. But it has another problem - the time lag of the event is too large, with no little more than six months. It is somewhat incorrect to compare them with the current stats, yet there have been many changes made in the game during this time, both obvious and most likely hidden. At least something was done with the legendary boosters, they seem to have worked incorrectly then.

To sum up, as one of my acquaintances says, "so far we have only circumstantial evidence, so the whole thing is sewn with white threads". I studied my league's players in the tower, but saw nothing beyond what was explained. But since I got curious, I'll have to keep watching, maybe that will show up.

@Lemus, give up and accept the bug exists as it has been said.

example: here are the stats for mot_131 unboosted (which he rarely does) and boosted, and below are the stats from his profile (when boosted).

When unboosted he is as strong as I am when boosted (just one level of difference between us)

I won't make the numbers here, but he cannot possibly have the second image stats with any combination of boosters and gear, so it is the confirmation of the bug.

Also as @Shal has said before, there are many other players with minor examples of the bug.

image.png.318efa6a2b0aa9a4188b6db1a1e3aebb.pngimage.png.44df2f8004a0a6f46e0c16427d4d35ba.png

image.png.793ed44389aae62d4ecd6d6e270677b7.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2020 at 1:09 AM, Slynia said:

The stats you are referring to are updated 4 times during the 24-hour cycle of the day, so it's actually every 6 hours. 
If you actually read my post you would know that I know this and that I even said that their stats (ALL OF THEM) are higher 24/7 (24 hours of the day, every day of the week) in league/arena compared to the stats on their profile. 

That's interesting. Does that mean the stats of opponents can't ever possibly change in between those 6 hours?

Edited by Fiel

Well, the demote from D3 and win D2 yo-yo experiment did NOT go well.

On day 3 one of the 2 players higher level than me (1 level lol) woke up and started to play. Neither of us was ever 1st but sometimes I was ahead of him, sometimes not. He was 1 level higher, same class KH, same girls, gear was 1-2% better, and his club was all 20s (mine is 16s or 17s) so overall he had about a 3-4% advantage.

I had 2 hopes:

1) that he had waited too long to start and had missed sniping opportunities.

2) I had missed 23 fights and I hoped we had missed fewer.

Nope.

With 12 hours to go he blew by me to 7,691 pts in a 109 player bracket. 23.74 pts/fight.

If I bought my 23 missed fights I would end up with about 7,600. 23.46 pts/fight.

I am going to end up 2nd.

On the plus side it was very bro of him to make his move before I bought my missed fights. Saved me 300 kobans.

Props to Nexouille of ZubZer0.

• Like 5

This week I learned that boosting myself properly only on the first day of the season and then getting whatever points I can with whatever crappy leftover green boosters I have on hand is not quite enough to secure a top 45 finish in D2 (let alone a top 30) ^^. I ended up #52. I did save a lot of kobans in boosters, but it's not the right balance just yet. I'll try to find a better compromise this week. 😃

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 6

Unexpectedly I finished 1st :D Another free EPx10. B|

image.png.541a2d5267f2b5d82a89d8f968bd004f.png

I played carefully and passed mot_131 by a small margin.

Link did less points than I was expecting, and Lazar got a meritorious 4th place considering his level.

image.png.5e6db27132be8729565c65529db7a43a.png

For this new week top players are syncma lv436 (14 wins in D3), rayley lv424 (9 wins), Link lv423 (6 wins), entwine lv420 (12 wins).

Edited by jelom
  • Like 7

4th, behind govenants, George and that French mod, which he probably can thank govenants for 😑 anyway, 3rd or 4th is no difference. This week I am the highest level, which is kind of surprising 😄

Oh, and I won another league on Nutaku by beating a higher level (~6 levels) player by 24 points. He had finished early on tuesday or maybe even monday, and when I pushed, I was tied with 1 fight to go. Always nice to see that.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Like I assumed in the beginning of this league, my season was a real struggle. There was only one opponent who made me worry though, but he did it  big time. He was over 30 lvls ahead and had way better stats, but he also was a HC player and rushed in the beginning, luckily. So I knew that i had to beat an average of 23,30. And I did it with an average of 23,31.

05060728312a6dd11be992d7a004e38f.png

The struggle was, that I had to catch every player unboosted, fight the strong ones only with the judge of my class on my side, switching gear for one hit less etc. When I had 30 fights left I needed to make an average of 24,54 to get 7411 points.

I also hadnt had a lot of good luck, almost 1/3 of my fights were without a crit, and if there were two or more crits i had a lot of them on the last hit, and often it didnt matter. Also I got a lot of crits of the opponents when I had an orgasm.

I had almost over 40 players with higher lvl (10 with 390+) in my league, but most of them, like you can see, were no danger.

Edited by blaa
  • Like 9

Another season in D3, and I earned myself a comfortable 25th place which allowed my to earn a nice amount of kobans :)

I think I'm getting the hang of it, but I'm still not ready to fight for the top15; I'll follow my plan of improving my stats and getting more legendary boosters.

Have fun, people ;)

• Like 7

Just like @jelom I bested the guy with bugged stats in my league for a D3 win! 😎

hhwin1.PNG

This week I don't feel any motivation in trying to win, as I am with spheedy... and Suzaku who bested me 2 weeks ago.
However, if I don't try my best I won't even make top 4, so I guess I have no choice.

Edited by Slynia
  • Like 8

As usual.

league-reward.thumb.jpg.186be6bdaae9a832748f8778ad23caea.jpg

Struggled the last day with people not battling and not getting ahead of me. Lost some tickets due to waiting (lost XP). This week I will be smarter and act from behind, battling the highest ranks on the first day (losses) and waiting for contests for XP to battle weak opponents. Last week there were 3 XP contests in the end of the league and I struggled to get wins because I had only tough opponents left to battle in the league.

7 hours ago, blaa said:

that I had to catch every player unboosted, fight the strong ones only with the judge of my class on my side, switching gear for one hit less etc.

It's interesting. Can you specify, how can one catch every player unboosted from the technical point of view? Do you write their stats in the table and compare every time you visit the Tower?

And the other two tricks? What do they mean?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

It's interesting. Can you specify, how can one catch every player unboosted from the technical point of view? Do you write their stats in the table and compare every time you visit the Tower?

And the other two tricks? What do they mean?

Sure, I will try it. I should have said more precisely that i catched every player with his worst stats he had over the week, which obviously can include a player who was boosted all the time. And yes, from a technical point of view, i memorize or write down all the stats of the players (if I think it's a close league season) and compare them within every snapshot every 6 hours . For instance I knew on the last day that a player i hadnt fought until this day was boosted with grey/green boosters, instead of ~240k ego he had ~260k and around 2k att/def more. If I wouldnt have waited until they run out, it could have cost me the 3 points I need for the win (maybe he would have done 2k dmg more each fight which would have been the difference between 25 and 24 points, or maybe I would have needed one more hit because I didnt finish him with 4 fights because he would have 3k ego left, ...). Usually it's a difference you barley notice and in d2 the stats are so bad you dont remember them because you know you will get 23-25 points out of them in every fight.

The other two tricks are pretty simple, 1) for every fight you have a judge who gives you (or your opponent) a very, very small advantage if you have the same class as him (it's so bad that most people would say, it makes no difference. When I have to fight a player who has really good stats, I just wait until he is a) unbossted and b) it's the turn of 'my' judge (obviously i fight without the judge, if i think this my only chance to catch the player unboosted). 2) Sometimes it happens that your opponent has a little bit ego left (1-12k), than you can switch one or two rainbow to mono and with your new stats (more attack, less def, less harmony, maybe a little bit less ego) you can finish him one hit earlier, which means most of the time at least one point more for you (sometimes even more, if you can avoid an orgasm (with crit) from your opponent thanks to your gear change)

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@blaa, an impressive approach! Won't you mind if I ask some more?

44 minutes ago, blaa said:

i catched every player with his worst possible stats, which obviously can include a player who was boosted all the time. And yes, from a technical point of view, i memorize or write down all the stats of the players (if I think it's a close league season) and compare them within every snapshot every 6 hours . For instance I knew on the last day that a player i hadnt fought until this day was boosted with grey/green boosters, instead of ~240k ego he had ~260k and around 2k att/def more. If I wouldnt have waited until they run out, it could have cost me the 3 points I need for the win (maybe he would have done 2k dmg more each fight which would have been the difference between 25 and 24 points, or maybe I would have needed one more hit because I didnt finish him with 4 fights because he would have 3k ego left, ...). Usually it's a difference you barley notice and in d2 the stats are so bad you dont remember them because you know you will get 23-25 points out of them in every fight.

Do I understand it correctly, that your strategy is to battle the weakest (which will give you 25 points 100%) first, and keep a close eye for the ones you're not 100% sure about, comparing their stats and identifying their boosted and unboosted state once every 6-11,59 hours?

By the way, can you tell the exact time, when the snapshots happen?

54 minutes ago, blaa said:

1) for every fight you have a judge who gives you (or your opponent) a very, very small advantage if you have the same class as him (it's so bad that most people would say, it makes no difference. When I have to fight a player who has really good stats, I just wait until he is a) unbossted and b) it's the turn of 'my' judge (obviously i fight without the judge, if i think this my only chance to catch the player unboosted)

I honestly didn't even pay attention to them. I thought they are completely useless. Is there a set time for them to change or they change after a set amount of battles?

1 hour ago, blaa said:

2) Sometimes it happens that your opponent has a little bit ego left (1-12k), than you can switch one or two rainbow to mono and with your new stats (more attack, less def, less harmony, maybe a little bit less ego) you can finish him one hit earlier, which means most of the time at least one point more for you (sometimes even more, if you can avoid an orgasm (with crit) from your opponent thanks to your gear change)

Is it risky to do it? I mean, if the plan to finish the battle 1 turn earlier won't work, how big is a chance that you will lose points because of less defense and ego? What happens more often: you get +1, you get the same or you get -1?

So, in order to do the strat you need to actually watch the entire battle, right? Then, after the 1st battle you can decide, is it worth to change equipment for the remaining 2, or not. I just press the "skip" button all the time LOL

Thanks. The info is very useful! 👍