[ 14-Dec-21 ] Midwinter Preparations PoA - Discussion

FinderKeeper

1 hour ago, Magic1986 said:

EVERY FUCKIN RECENT PATCH made the game worse for everyone who isn't spending at least 300€ per month.

that´s what you said: you didn´t said that there was anything useful so no  .. it´s not "as you said" 🤨

And the GP drop rates for higher rarity items have a significant impact especially over the long-run.. and there´s a lot of other good things for people that "don´t spent at least 300€" heck even for those that don´t spend anything on the game..

(obviously it doesn´t outweight gems and other recent changes for me either but that´s not the point in this discussion)

• Like 4
  • Hug 1

7 minutes ago, holymolly said:

that´s what you said: you didn´t said that there was anything useful so no  .. it´s not "as you said" 🤨

And the GP drop rates for higher rarity items have a significant impact especially over the long-run.. and there´s a lot of other good things for people that "don´t spent at least 300€" heck even for those that don´t spend anything on the game..

(obviously it doesn´t outweight gems and other recent changes for me either but that´s not the point in this discussion)

Well maybe you are right.

The core problem is that those really really greedy updates like the gem update or the PoA today make me feel like there are no good things left in this game. Im sure that there are other players that feel the same about the game.

Things like this PoA feel like a straight "Pay or fuck off". I guess many will choose the latter.

That is a dangerous developement and it will drive players away. If KK is happy that they can milk the whales and lose more and more long time players with updates like this, they will continue this strategy.

There is a certain point when things become unbearable and many are getting closer to that point each week.

One more nail for the coffin with each p2w update.

Edited by Magic1986
  • Like 6

I like the girls, the art has significantly improved from a year ago. Sadly, this short PoA still has tasks associated with it from before the income and orb nerfs and doesn't take into account the game changing economy created by the "Gems." In short, I'll take a pass on this event. What's the point when even getting the 1st girl is problematic (even for a paying player)?

• Like 5

Last event i had to spend 3,5k kobans to finish it.

With those numbers im not even sure i can finish it with all kobans i saved for christmass (even with
rewards i saved in Seasons) - i mean, what KK thought: If ppl played long enough, and r hooked now, they gonna keep playing and cause they WANT those girls, they gona spend MORE money?

Logic decided to visit outer space?

I mean it what i said before - if this wont change, im leaving and the only thing im happy about is that i wasted only 3 months...

When I heard about the 2 PoA thi month I was bummed as I spent my kobans on Finalmecia and didn't plan for this much spending.

Today, after seeing the tasks, I don't care. This is not a doable even anyway. Maybe if it stayed on for the entire month of December, as a special kind of treat, then I'd consider buying in.

• Like 1

Well, on the positive side there are some points like:

- prizes of the Places of Power got restored to previous levels (meaning x10 Green Orbs + x1 Golden Mythic Orbs back available)

- 3 additional temporary Places of Power to collect overall more resources.

- in many places gems are additional rewards and not replacing existing ones.

- Path of Valor prizes do seem to be generous, including 15 million of cash, extra XP and lots of 2.500 XP books.

- there's a general higher possibility to earn purple (legendary) EXP books which helps leveling your Harem girls/guys faster and thus gain more manpower for the increased Places of Power.

What does strike as a big negative vibe though are the more or less (for F2P players and those with few money) exorbitant amounts of kobans needed to even get a chance to participate (and possibly gain) all the new harem additions.

The second Path of Valor prize pool costs 3000+ kobans and that times 2 per month, additionally 7200 for regular Path of Attraction which is 14.000 kobans just to unlock stuff, not even counting possible needed refills etc.

With these developments the frustration factor will undoubtedly grow within quite a part of the overall player base when the pile of unattainable and missed content continues to grow regardless of all good advice to ignore the paywall-blocked stuff.

Seriously, from what I've read so far not even players who do regularly pay real money have the economical in-game power to tackle all these new "paywalls" sufficiently.

• Like 3

I'll aim at the 12th reward (1 Girl + some Orbs/Gems), which should be easy enough. And then, we'll see if I can reach 14th without trying too hard. I definitely won't pay 180M for 300 Orange gems. And beyond that, there's nothing interesting at a reasonable price anyway.

So, that makes it an easy event overall; just ignore everything beyond 12th tier if you're not willing to pay 10k Kobans 😛

• Like 4

incoming-shitstorm.gif.a01b9f5a967a41b422e14dd403ca3c7f.gif

This is how I prepared myself by going into this topic. And I was not mistaken.

With KK again there was an attack of uncontrollable barbaric greed - to mine it is damn fun, apparently there was no one to tell them that the player's wallet should be climbed as gently as possible, like a virgin's panties, so that God forbid not to frighten off, and not like that in hussar with a penis bald - "Madame, let me blow you !!!"

I continue to observe and have fun, especially looking forward to tomorrow's QA, I think it will be hot there.)))

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Soo guys.. I´ve done some maths. I wanted to see how long this PoA would actually need to be for it to be doable "for free" (within the event duration), my assumptions:

- you´d start with full bars of everything at reset
- you´d have enough ressources to do the: give xp to girls , sell items and spent money tasks
- contest would alline perfectly and not need any time, just your saved ressources
- you´d spent the free path rewards perfectly
- you wouldn´t miss a single minute between the various task/ your cooldowns/time it needs to fill your bar up
- you´d win all your pvp fights and have enough fights left in your league
- you´d get 3 pvp fights per hour(2 from league and 1 from season I know it´s not right but for the sake of easyness)
- you´d have all of your champs (including the cc available when needed until it´s needed)

(I feel like this is more than a far assumption for KK.. especially when we consider that this PoA gives less rewards than the normal one => no MyP orbs, less kisses and tickets  (fuck the gems) )

Now towards the tasks:
1. spent 150 energy: 50 needed over full bar (7,5min per energy)-> 6,25h

2. 40 PvP wins: 15 more than full bar -> 5h

3. sell items -> no time

4. 50 defeat villians: 30 more than full -10 from free path: 20 additional fights -> 10h

5. spent money -> no time (note: the money needed for lower lvl players is horrendously)

6. 30 champ fights: 5 rotations: 5x15min -> 1,25h

7. sell items -> no time

8. score points in contest -> no time (note: difficult to calculate, depending on the contest this alone can take a full day or  
    even more: todays is no time since it´s give xp and sell items)

9. give xp to girls -> no time

10. 70 champ fights: 10 rotations -> 2,5h

11. spent 300 energy: 180 additional needed :180x7,5min -> 22,5h

12. 80 pvp wins: - 29 another 51 needed, again 3 per hour -> 17h

13. sell items -> no time

14. 100 defeat villians: -30 : another 70 needed -> 35h

15. spent money -> no time

16. 120 champ fights: 18 rotations, 18x 15min -> 4,5h

17. score points in contest -> no time (once again! depends on contest can be very time consuming)

18. 200 villian fights: -35 = 165 needed -> 82,5h

19. give xp to girls -> no time

20. 100 pvp fights: -25 = 75 needed -> 25h

Overall: assuming all of my assumptions are met: you have all resources and perfectly time every single minute from the start of the PoA, the time it takes to finish this PoA "for free" with the reards given out during PoA is 211,5hours which is almost 8,8125 days (lets round it up to 9 to adjust for the pvp taks time)... we get 5 days: so in short: this event needs to be extended to 9 days I feel like it´s not asking for much to stick to the normal pathern: PoA is doable for free if you dedicate the time.. however this is a free to play game and it´s advertised this way so please give people just a little bit of hope especially during this time of the year we could and probably a lot have expected the special event to be something positive and not negative! That´s my 2 cents I hope it helps to improve this catastrphe of event design.I hope this gets read by those in charge @Noacc@Tohru - Kinkoid

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9
  • Thinking 1

Even if one is willing to pay for all this. 220 champion performances? What a ridiculous waste of time. It's not just unbelievably greedy it's unbelievably stupid. What is wrong with these people who came up with this really? I could hardly believe my eyes. After the initial annoyance wears off you just have to laugh at this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Buh bye!  I hope the extra money you squeeze out of your sheep..I mean suckers..I mean your players with bottomless wallets will be worth the players you lose. You know things are bad when even your own moderators aren't backing your play. Greedy ass Grinches.  But hey X-Mas is sooo driven by money nowadays should we really expect anything different. To all the players that have had enough and leave or stop paying attention to these cash grab "events"...I feel your pain, and to all those that are indifferent to this shit, well you're part of the problem!   I'm not rich, I'm not poor, I jut know how to live within my means and its got to the point where its not within my means anymore. And just as another side note, along with the cash grab events, theres also the clear disregard for what players clearly said was becoming an issue, which is no down time anymore. Seems like the more people said they needed breaks in between events, the more events they created. Like you think all your players are just fat slob pervs that have no lives and just fap all day in their basement apartment and no life to live like jobs or school or family. too much for me now. shame, cuz i really used to like this game.        rant over

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, sexguy said:

Buh bye!  I hope the extra money you squeeze out of your sheep..I mean suckers..I mean your players with bottomless wallets will be worth the players you lose. You know things are bad when even your own moderators aren't backing your play. Greedy ass Grinches.  But hey X-Mas is sooo driven by money nowadays should we really expect anything different. To all the players that have had enough and leave or stop paying attention to these cash grab "events"...I feel your pain, and to all those that are indifferent to this shit, well you're part of the problem!   I'm not rich, I'm not poor, I jut know how to live within my means and its got to the point where its not within my means anymore. And just as another side note, along with the cash grab events, theres also the clear disregard for what players clearly said was becoming an issue, which is no down time anymore. Seems like the more people said they needed breaks in between events, the more events they created. Like you think all your players are just fat slob pervs that have no lives and just fap all day in their basement apartment and no life to live like jobs or school or family. too much for me now. shame, cuz i really used to like this game.        rant over

Well we moderators are just players like all the others and backing everything regardeless of what it is has never been done by the mods of this forum especially , just look at @DvDivXXX or prime example @GeorgeMTO and all the other Mods of the past that have critizied KK when criticism was needed. :)

I´m sure the first one will also post his feedback on the forum once he gets the time to do so.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I took some time for myself to think about the game this afternoon. When I saw the event I honestly didn't know what to think, too many events, all unlockable with kobans for bonus rewards.

The thing that bothered me most was the creation of these new events shortly after drastically reducing the league prizes. I'm speculating, "Do you want to do more events to allow players in high league positions to spend the kobans they earn?" Is an excellent idea. "Do you want to make him burn the account of the Kobans they have saved in these 3 years (since the leagues have existed)?" Bad idea.

That there were dynamics to change was evident (personally I appreciate the idea of gems and the ability to take the girls to level 750, it made the league more competitive, at least for a while.) But to force players, even older ones. , to spend to maintain their positions after all that they have earned with the game in f2p I found it a lack of respect. You send the message that the efforts made in recent years are worth nothing.

I say one last thing: I have told my guild members to ignore the PoA (both this one and the next ones) and to focus on the PoV, at least as long as there is xp among the bonus rewards. Do you lose 4 or 8 girls a month? It doesn't matter, if you like it you will find them in a few months in the Mithic Pachinko, otherwise patience, they are useless 3 stars so you will never spend gems to max them even if they had both bonuses for a week.

• Hearts 1

8 minutes ago, holymolly said:

Well we moderators are just players like all the others and backing everything regardeless of what it is has never been done by the mods of this forum especially , just look at @DvDivXXX or prime example @GeorgeMTO and all the other Mods of the past that have critizied KK when criticism was needed. :)

I´m sure the first one will also post his feedback on the forum once he gets the time to do so.

Which I have appreciated about the mods here... Lot of other forums I've been in have had mods that just seem to dick ride to keep favor with the devs of the game or to jusy abuse their powers, no matter if they think the players are right or not.   I meant no offense to ANY mod on this forum. I just wish KK would listen more.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Allow me to try to sum it up:

• We have the same number of tasks, but total less time
  • Practically every task is longer and/or harder to complete than the ones in the past known end-of-month Path of Attraction, but without offering proportionally increased rewards (if anything, just the opposite is true)
  • Given the above (and obviously @holymolly calculations) it is impossible to reach and complete the end of the path without spending (a large sum of) kobans
  • (Note: this is personal) the event girls are good, but nothing to scream at the miracle

Results:

• The question that pops up: why bother to reach the end of the path? To not say: why bother with this Path of Attraction at all?
  • The fear that hiddens in my mind: do we have to expect all future Path of Attraction events, end-of-month ones included, to be like this one from now on?
  • The curiosity question: am I the only one that found himself one more time thinking: "Why the hell it seems that the devs keep continuing to shot themselves in the foot?"
  • Like 13

It's not just that most of the tasks are too hard, some are outright impossible. For everyone under a certain very high level asking to throw away 80 million ymen on the road to the first free girl is impossible.

And its especially insulting since they nerfed item sales, which was the one thing that wouldve made that passable. Whoever added that task has absolutely no idea of the economics and scaling in this game. 🥺

Edited by Gotaku
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Gotaku said:

It's not just that most of the tasks are too hard, some are outright impossible. For everyone under a certain very high level asking to throw away 80 million ymen on the road to the first free girl is impossible.

And its especially insulting since they nerfed item sales, which was the one thing that wouldve made that passable. Whoever added that task has absolutely no idea of the economics and scaling in this game. 🥺

The ymen costs are scaling with your level.

I am level 425 and at step 5 they ask for 106,25 million Ymen. At step 15 they want 212,5 million Ymen. This is just ridiculous.

• Like 6

How fool of me to have expected a mild extra PoA event to celebrate Christmas ... Instead we have an impassable mountain of tasks.

Do I have enough kobans to unlock and complete it by sheer spending force? Yes

Will I waste my slowly saved kobans in such unreasonable event? Damn, NO!!!

I will mostly ignore it, and give up on "catching them all". If the girls appear later, good, if not I don't mind anymore.

• Like 15

Il y a 5 heures, Gotaku a dit :

On the test server, I see 35M on level 140. That's still insanely high, considering a player at that level makes ~3m per day from harem (thanks to the starter girls boost), and barely anything from everywhere else. The other main sources of cash (GP10/Market and Champions) are simply not available to lower-level players (Or barely; I have unlocked 2 Champions there, and they die too quickly to be a stable source of cash)

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 3

This will be the first PoA I don't get all girls, and I'm not unlocking the bonus path - it's not actually sufficient to help enough with completion.  I did my planning spreadsheet, and there are tasks where my planned day of completion is "nope".

This reminds me of what happened in Hero Zero, where players started dropping like flies due to the cash costs + grinding time. Having one or the other needed generally works out okay, when it becomes both, it's a huge problem.

• Like 8