How you doing in the "League"

casey

The worst possible thing that could've ******* happened, happened... I'm gonna try to contain My bitter salt and rage but I was at 20th in D1 with 847 points. Figuring that I might get kicked below 30th, I decided I would move up 2 spaces by purposely losing a Fight I knew I couldn't win. Against the Boss Himself, Chthugha. Most unfortunately however, despite 2 loses before, I won this with flying colors... Wretched ******* RNG... That "win" put Me at 850 points, just 1 point over the former 15th place. I waited and waited but it had become abundantly clear that I was ******... and that I was gonna be promoted to the Hell that was D2. If I wanted to promote, I could've placed much higher... I'm really tired at the moment and just sick to My stomach at the sight of the league I'm in right now, which could possibly be the worst... **** Me. 💀🔫

* And Yes, I'm censoring Myself.

20190221_122845.jpg.a6572cdb6d0a8293922d194c0d1d1a04.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 2/14/2019 at 8:28 PM, _shal_ said:

Haven't done a full accounting of my new league bracket yet, but I'm fairly sure I'll move up into the top 30 this time. Probably not enough improvement that I'll have to concern myself with tanking to stay out of the top 15, so should be a pretty quiet week. 11th-lowest by level in a 103-player league this time.

Another lucky item upgrade this week...

image.png.6b05ea7f35d42e64031611c0a66cac42.png

...though again it came relatively late during the league season and didn't affect that many battles. Nevertheless, I did much better than I thought I would:

HH-S22-S3.png

That was with only 276 battles, i.e. with a bit of tanking after all. Too much of it, actually, but I couldn't help it - went to bed in 16th place with unused tokens, and when I was back up near the reset time, people had unexpectedly moved the 16th-place line too far for me to catch up in the remaining time. Nothing much of real value was lost though, maybe 5 lucky RNG wins in the ~25 battles I missed out on doing. Would have been something like 12th or 13th place if I'd given full effort.

The new season doesn't look that much easier than this one was - top 4 is absolutely out of the question as there are still far too many opponents with >190k ego, and I think I might not even be top 10 strong yet either. So, this will probably end up very similar - beat all "safe" opponents (I had 78 of those last time), then see how much tanking is required. I'll keep the 10 easiest opponents in store anyway, in case it turns out I need to skip more than just the guaranteed losses and RNG battles.

I'm now tied for the 13th-lowest level in the league, not much change there either.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, TheSonicSly said:

I decided I would move up 2 spaces by purposely losing a Fight I knew I couldn't win.

Well I'd had that happen before but good thing it was still fairly early at the time and I still dropped down. Gotta hate those self inflicted mess ups.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lhans said:

Well I'd had that happen before but good thing it was still fairly early at the time and I still dropped down. Gotta hate those self inflicted mess ups.

Yeah, now there's nowhere to go but up since I'm already locked in D2. Just gonna try to survive as long as I can without sinking to the bottom like a rock. 😅

@TheSonicSly,  I feel for you. I tripped into S2 because I was unable to add 3 in my head. Same deal. Did a last fight to eke out a few more XP. Looked at my position. wtf? 15th? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Spent the last few hours praying someone would pass me. No dice. Ended up 97th in the S2. Went crying back to S1. But wiser.

Placed 20th last week with a combination of tanking, long stretches of being away from my computer, and my timezone. My best position would have been about 6th, the timezone cost me about 4, travel about 3, and tanking about 7.

This week will be similar. I am the highest by ego but I have already lost 2x to a HC player 2K lower than me. Ah well. @Midora if you see this you have a clear shot at 1st.

I think the European players should raise more of a stink. This time zone sucks. I reckon I will lose about 300 kobans because I can not snipe contests, 1000 XP because I can not hit 16th, and 80 kobans if I need to buy back the 6 league challenges lost just after reset. How about making each league 7 days plus 3 hours so the reset rotates through everyone's sweetspot?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheSonicSly said:

The worst possible thing that could've ******* happened, happened... I'm gonna try to contain My bitter salt and rage but I was at 20th in D1 with 847 points. Figuring that I might get kicked below 30th, I decided I would move up 2 spaces by purposely losing a Fight I knew I couldn't win. Against the Boss Himself, Chthugha. Most unfortunately however, despite 2 loses before, I won this with flying colors... Wretched ******* RNG... That "win" put Me at 850 points, just 1 point over the former 15th place. I waited and waited but it had become abundantly clear that I was ******... and that I was gonna be promoted to the Hell that was D2. If I wanted to promote, I could've placed much higher... I'm really tired at the moment and just sick to My stomach at the sight of the league I'm in right now, which could possibly be the worst... **** Me. 💀🔫

* And Yes, I'm censoring Myself.

20190221_122845.jpg.a6572cdb6d0a8293922d194c0d1d1a04.jpg

Rip.

As advice for future, if you want to guaranteed lose a fight, switch out your alpha to something else that isn't leveled. That's the strat I use.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Where SonicSly miserably failed to stay in D1, I succeeded with that... placed 20 in the same league.
After an early RNG loss, all I could do was wait and hope to see the others slip up at least once as well.
Didn't happen, first place was the guy I lost to, and after he got better equipment halfway through, he cleaned up the league without a single loss early on the last day.
Which meant that my holding back the whole time paid off, and I could wiggle my way to the 16-30 places.

This week I'm pretty much guaranteed to win.
I've defeated the only one coming remotely close to me in strength 3 times, so the path is clear.
No reason to race to the finish line, so I'll just keep a look out on everyone and act accordingly.

3 hours ago, Khorrum said:

Finished 17th this week. got a 4th purple item earlier and now over 190k ego so if it looks like I can get into the top 4 this week I will go for it and see how things look in DI.

I think you might need a little more ego in in D1 probably about 210-215000 range to be truly competitive

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, casey said:

Jelom where did you finish last season in D2 with about 5 hours left I saw you were in 8th did you stay there or moved up

I posted it just at the league ended. I finished 7th, I had some unexpected losses mid league, but I was surprised to see 5 perfect scores.

This league I have started with another unlucky loss to a weaker player. I suppose this time kobans will be needed to reach top 15.

I finished 17th in D1 with 834 points (actually i was 20th or 21st with 831, but i did another fight in those 15 minutes after the end of the league :D), so tanking cost me 24 tokens.

This week i'm with GeorgeMTO and Sandkonner (why the hell are they still in D1!? :P), so i just can't win.

• Like 1

All you guys in your D-leagues 😛

I can instead tell you of the plight of us low levels. We're constantly tiptoeing around you big fish, waiting to get a nibble. I just promoted to S3 at level 205 and am the lowest level by about 30, haha. I had purposely stayed in S2 around 16-20, but saw a weak group and figured, "What the hell, let's see how high I can finish." Managed to finish 4th! Anyways, so if anyone is in my S3 league, feel free to take it easy on me. I can't bring myself to completely tank, so I'll probably end up in the dreaded 61-75 window...

I will say, I'm amazed at how many people don't switch to single stat gear, even in S3.

39 minutes ago, YummyTiger said:

All you guys in your D-leagues 😛

I can instead tell you of the plight of us low levels. We're constantly tiptoeing around you big fish, waiting to get a nibble. I just promoted to S3 at level 205 and am the lowest level by about 30, haha. I had purposely stayed in S2 around 16-20, but saw a weak group and figured, "What the hell, let's see how high I can finish." Managed to finish 4th! Anyways, so if anyone is in my S3 league, feel free to take it easy on me. I can't bring myself to completely tank, so I'll probably end up in the dreaded 61-75 window...

I will say, I'm amazed at how many people don't switch to single stat gear, even in S3.

I can understand your situation while my main account has me competing in a D2 league, i have a second account where I'm playing in S2 for the last 4 seasons

In the season just concluded I finished a bang up 57th in my S2 league and this season promises more of the same so keep smiling9_9

and wait for that legendary girl or a nice piece of equipment from Pachinko

I was in the same league as TheSonicSly and Chthugha, and, as i thought, I ended at the opposite end of the list. While at first I deemed inevitable the demotion to Sexpert III, due to four non-players (0 points) and four obvious tankers (20k or more EGO than me, and less than 200 points each), I ended the turn in 90th position over 108 players, after having been the most of the time in 92th, 93th or 94th position. My new Dicktator I has 107 players, but the challenge rating seems to have heightened, as I noted more or less one third of the players with 200k+ EGO, and more or less one other third in the 190k-200k EGO range (these are rough estimations, I didn't made exact counts), so, being already out of beatable opponents in the moment I write this, I am curious if I will be able to stay again in Dicktator I or this time I will really found myself demoted to Sexpert III.

6 hours ago, Daniele said:

I finished 17th in D1 with 834 points (actually i was 20th or 21st with 831, but i did another fight in those 15 minutes after the end of the league :D), so tanking cost me 24 tokens.

This week i'm with GeorgeMTO and Sandkonner (why the hell are they still in D1!? :P), so i just can't win.

I was wondering the same with Arcanas fate. In iur last season, I could have maxed at the score the top already did, so I stayed. But mostly because we had Didi, the HC player with much more ego than any of us. But he tanked. Now I tanked to, so not complaining, but I dont get it. If you can win?

Ah well. I guess we need to sit tight another week. 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daniele said:

4 minutes ago, DHarry said:

I was wondering the same with Arcanas fate. In iur last season, I could have maxed at the score the top already did, so I stayed. But mostly because we had Didi, the HC player with much more ego than any of us. But he tanked. Now I tanked to, so not complaining, but I dont get it. If you can win?

Ah well. I guess we need to sit tight another week. 😂

RNG loss a couple weeks ago, and then someone else getting a perfect score by Sunday last week meant I couldn't get 1st place. I'm still far behind a lot of the D2 heavy hitters, why go flounder up there before I can get a first here :P

• Like 1