How you doing in the "League"

casey

16 minutes ago, Darsca said:

In summation; it's a clusterfuck and y'all should brace for a bumpy week ahead until a (hopefully successful) new league week sorts out the discrepancies. 

Please don't shoot the messenger. 😅

*holds his fire* :D 

Thanks for the info, @Darsca 👍 

As far as I can tell, the league is still "re-forming" (at least, I've had people coming in slowly in my league).

Just for reference, apart from the damage already done (matter of speaking), will the league go on as usual from now on (a few players being added around here and there) or can the "bumps" be something worse? I "know" you can't probably guarantee anything, of course, but I mean just about what's expected?

2 minutes ago, Karyia said:

Just for reference, apart from the damage already done (matter of speaking), will the league go on as usual from now on (a few players being added around here and there) or can the "bumps" be something worse? I "know" you can't probably guarantee anything, of course, but I mean just about what's expected?

As far as I'm aware, the league should now go as per usual aside from the odd person joining later. If I get another update I will let people know (although with the way Kinkoid do things the update will probably get deployed without any fore-warning 🙄 ). The 'bumps' I'm referring to is mostly such things as @Slynia has mentioned. There are going to be people around with impossible to beat scores, somewhat annoyingly. I have no idea how you could realistically demand compensation for this, since proving a theoretical future league result is basically impossible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Slynia said:

@Darsca Welp. There is a guy who rushed in my league. I need 5994 points to win and there are only 84 opponents... that's 23.785 points average! 

It's possible, just believe in yourself! B|

I haven't had any extreme rushers in mine, but two people did post over 1500 points, one of them a decently strong level 428 Charm. I wasn't expecting to have a shot at anything better than 4th place anyway, and if that guy happens to have points from removed players my top 4 ambitions are most likely toast. I think I'll just go for a top 15 now.

• Haha 1

Open query to all: Can anybody here specifically confirm the name of a player who has disappeared from your bracket now? It's a long shot, I know, but maybe somebody has happened to keep relevant notes on who was there at the start of their league.

2 hours ago, Darsca said:

Shoot the messenger, no, I would like to be able to shoot the ones responsible for this mess. When I was a programmer, a thing like this would have been more than enough to get fired lightspeed.

This bug, after a 37th place in my previous Dicktator III, put me in a league with only 90 players. This may be good for a free player that does not refill tokens because he will be sure to clear all the possible battles (apart personal matters), but on the other side can become a loss of at least 1-2k experience (for lost battles, but that can become up to 10-12k if the player is able to win the majority of his battles). Given the chunks needed to level up, especially after level 400, that loss IMHO is not so insignificant.

Added to this, in my new league over 20 people have higher level than me, and apparently a mob had a walk in the Land of the Boosters. Should I have to place a bet now, I would bet on thin results in my future.

• Haha 1

Yeah, so... Thanks a lot @Darsca for keeping us up to date on those issues. You're doing a great job, please keep it up.

Apart from that:

• Sorry Shal, I wasn't there at the beginning of the league, so I have no idea who was removed from mine (if anyone).

• My D2 league still has 93 players exactly. It's been like that since I've entered it about 4 hours ago.

• As I mentioned, this doesn't look like a D2 at all, even with the accelerating collapse of the broken system that leagues have been for a long time... Out of those 93 players, I'm the lowest level at 309. Only 7 of us are below level 350 (two of them at 349). Only 18 below level 380. And 49 players are level 399 or above (up to a couple of level 432 former D3 winners)... That's well over half the field at 400+. In a D2 league!? Isn't there also something wrong with group selection within this whole buggy mess?
Edited by DvDivXXX
@

20 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:
  • My D2 league still has 93 players exactly. It's been like that since I've entered it about 4 hours ago.

• As I mentioned, this doesn't look like a D2 at all, even with the accelerating collapse of the broken system that leagues have been for a long time... Out of those 93 players, I'm the lowest level at 309. Only 7 of us are below level 350 (two of them at 349). Only 18 below level 380. And 49 players are level 399 or above (up to a couple of level 432 former D3 winners)... That's well over half the field at 400+. In a D2 league!? Isn't there also something wrong with group selection within this whole buggy mess?

I'm pretty certain you're actually in a D3 league still. We've confirmed with a few people on Discord that there are some who were meant to demote to D2, but stayed in D3. Confusingly the game interface is showing it as D2. Cross-checked with other people in the same league who are definitely still in D3. I think you make the 5th person with this exact same bizarre phenomenon. I've raised it with Noacc but honestly I don't have much hope for it being addressed this week. I'm getting the general feeling that Kinkoid doesn't seem to want to try playing around with it any further. 😣

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

yes, some d3 high ranked ended in d2, this week league is completly random both in term of player but even for result since some will end with much more fight than other

dvd, donne moi ton top player de ta ligue je vais voir si tu es pas avec des gars de mon club si c'est un bug d'affichage (au cas ou tu serais en d3)

Edited by Sygfried94
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Darsca said:

I'm pretty certain you're actually in a D3 league still. We've confirmed with a few people on Discord that there are some who were meant to demote to D2, but stayed in D3. Confusingly the game interface is showing it as D2 [...]

Thanks for letting me know, that at least makes some sense, even though it's actually terrible and borderline depressing in my case (I spent the entire previous week very meticulously planning my demotion back to D2, ending at exactly #86 out of 100 for that purpose... and I'm still in D3 anyway ^^).

34 minutes ago, Sygfried94 said:

dvd, donne moi ton top player de ta ligue je vais voir si tu es pas avec des gars de mon club si c'est un bug d'affichage (au cas ou tu serais en d3)

Merci à toi. Let's stick to English if we can in this section, but I appreciate your help!

Here's the top of my current "D2":

1054820530_HHLeagueStory22BugsandInvincibleD2C.png.c6dd4316434bb263807fa7c00d669c34.png

EDIT: And by rank:

947244316_HHLeagueStory22BugsandInvincibleD2D.thumb.png.74d875a2ff7bc0e344ce729d51c5e513.png

Edited by DvDivXXX

@_shal_I pinged you on discord with two players who disappeared from my league, just let me know if you need the info again

well, I thought about fighting and do some refills as the league started since I was pretty sure that it could be an advantage (reroll of league could have given some rewards, missing player some points, etc) but I was to greedy and didnt spend any kobans on the gamble ...

Most of the top dogs of my league disappeared, if it were a normal league now, I would win it easily, especially since one of the strongest player apparently didnt boost but made at least 30 fights, so maybe I will still go for it

... as I am writing another kh player with 12 wins level 401 joined my league, boosted player with slightly better stats; we have the same amount of fights, so still possible, but not sure yet, I decide tomorrow what I am going to do about this mess

24 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Thanks for letting me know, that at least makes some sense, even though it's actually terrible and borderline depressing in my case (I spent the entire previous week very meticulously planning my demotion back to D2, ending at exactly #86 out of 100 for that purpose... and I'm still in D3 anyway ^^).

Merci à toi. Let's stick to English if we can in this section, but I appreciate your help!

Here's the top of my current "D2":

ok, seems nobody of my team in this league, how ever cyber, your top player ended 6 in d3 this morning with 6202, so yes your are with d3 player. (and at least other on your sreens are also d3 player)

Edited by Sygfried94
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Sygfried, this confirms it then. I'm also with another French player that someone in my club knows from somewhere else. He's trying to confirm with him whether he sees our league as D2 or D3 from his end.

It also only just occurred to me that if the game considers that I'm in D3, then it means that on top of having a bad week instead of a proper D2 experience as I should have, I will probably need to stay in the bottom 15 this week as well, so I can "demote" to an actual D2 next week... Even though it might also consider that I'm in D2 and demote me to D1 instead. In any case, this sucks big time, and this will set me back at least a week, maybe two...

@Darsca Any additional info or help will be highly appreciated. Unfortunately, considering stuff like my 3 week old support ticket still pending for the 120 kobans I didn't receive for a top 4 finish in a contest back in May, and basically Kinkoid's response to any and all bugs or issues that impacted players negatively for as long as I can remember... I don't expect them to actually fix or compensate my problem. But I'd at the very least like to know what to expect for next week. I definitely don't want to spend TWO weeks in D3 despite having already done exactly what I needed to go back to D2.

4 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Open query to all: Can anybody here specifically confirm the name of a player who has disappeared from your bracket now? It's a long shot, I know, but maybe somebody has happened to keep relevant notes on who was there at the start of their league.

There were ten of them

Nicon level 362

Ulvenklag level 367

ph3nx level 389

wingen level 394

LolHiver level 400

Neo level 407

Indo36 level 407

Baklan level 411

R_iryh level 415

mikroj level 415

Edited by Fiel
  • Thanks 1

Okay, I now have confirmation that the D3 I've been incorrectly placed in is properly shown as a D3 to other players in it (well, at least one of them, but my guess would be all those who were already in D3 and not supposed to demote), even though the game shows it as a D2 on my end.

Here's a screenshot of my league from another player's perspective (whose correct placement for this week was actually D3):

1692731760_HHLeagueStory22BugsandInvincibleD2E.png.b3a7f652e53e9866e952ed29183ab23d.png

A few people have changed places since my previous screenshots, but it's easy to see it's the same league. And yet from my perspective (as a player whose correct placement should have been D2 this week, not D3), it still looks like this instead:

1629577134_HHLeagueStory22BugsandInvincibleD2F2.png.9a05a3c2faff306b5c2db9532c5eec76.png

So, what am I doing in D3? Can Kinkoid move me back to an actual D2? Will the game count my ranking this week as a D2 or a D3 performance? Should I go for "demotion" just in case, although I should already have demoted and this is basically Groundhog's Day? Will I end up in D3 next week yet again if I don't?... Will I end up in D1 if I do?

"Compensation"... Laughter. Tears. Shrug. Kinkoid... V_v

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, Darsca said:

Ok, so, quick rundown, as far as I have been able to understand it.

There were a whole bunch of demotions which didn't work this week, and people got incorrectly assigned to a tier they should have dropped down from. As well as this, there were also some who weren't correctly reassigned to a league despite having a holding position or even a promoting position.

The 'solution' to this has been to correctly put people back in the tiers they should be several hours after the tiers had been formed. The net result of this has been a general shunting of demotees downwards and a loss of players in D3 tiers across the board, as there is no higher tier to replenish the ones dropped. Also, as people have already been battling, some will have battled people who are no longer in their league, which is going to lead to a points/xp advantage. I have been told that there is unlikely to be any further corrections to be made, as nothing short of a full reroll is likely to solve this mess, which is near impossible to do, apparently.

In summation; it's a clusterfuck and y'all should brace for a bumpy week ahead until a (hopefully successful) new league week sorts out the discrepancies. 

will they solve this until next week? because I don't know whether to compete for 1-15 place or better to play safely for 16-30 place?

5 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

So, what am I doing in D3? Can Kinkoid move me back to an actual D2? Will the game count my ranking this week as a D2 or a D3 performance? Should I go for "demotion" just in case, although I should already have demoted and this is basically Groundhog's Day? Will I end up in D3 next week yet again if I don't?... Will I end up in D1 if I do?

What a clusterfuck (Darsca said it best) :S Maybe, in your case, it had to do with being so close to the bottom 15? (the demotions went berserk or whatever 🙃)

Well, save your screenshots for the case you also get the rewards wrong 😅 Since it seems the game is telling you're on D2, you should get D2 rewards... well, if you get D3 that's only fair, since that's what you're playing.

It's difficult to know what to do without knowing what will happen with this awkward situation... and it would be great if we had an idea why any of it happened at all. 

Given the league difficulty and assuming you can't get to where you probably want to reach, I suppose the (possible) best is to demote? 

Between going to D1 or staying on D3.... 😅😅😅

My league is already over 100 and turned into a sort of D2,5 (half of the top 10 in level were "uninvited guests" after all 😂😜)

10 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Not sure how or if it helps but I had a penguin (380) and some aps (382) :D 

• Like 1

same happend for me i devoted from d2 to d1 but i am still in d2 league ....i can tell the by the player strength 

so if i devote again i still be in d2? am i captured in this league for ever?

so i play cuz of this bug against strong people but the rewards are bad?

Edited by GeorgeMTO
MOD EDIT: Combined 3 posts into 1 - GeorgeMTO

1 hour ago, Karyia said:

Given the league difficulty and assuming you can't get to where you probably want to reach, I suppose the (possible) best is to demote? 

Yeah, that's what I'm doing for now. I'd say "better safe than sorry", but that's what I've already done for the entire past week, and I didn't want to be in D3 even last week (I just overestimated how many points I'd make and then I got stuck in the top 15 on the week before that). So yeah, I'm looking at minimum at an extra week of basically skipping the league (especially since I initially thought this was just a ridiculously strong D2, so my first few losses gave me a ton more points than needed).

As for the rewards, yeah lol. The difference between bottom 15 in D2 vs D3 is about 100k in yemens. That's really not what I was aiming for either way. ^^

6 minutes ago, Son123 said:

so i play cuz of this bug against strong people but the rewards are bad? 

Although I'm in the same boat as you for this issue, could you please edit your post if you forgot something, instead of spamming multiple consecutive one-liners? It's a forum, not a chat. Thanks in advance and best of luck to you in this broken league situation.

• Like 1

So, to apology to your loss of at least 1 orb PE, 1,5k kobans, and 8 combativity, they give you some energy (that the ones that have finished digisekai does not need), 2 orbs PM (= 2 avatars), and 10 champion tickets, (that the ones that have all girls already have a fuckton). xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, last week it went well. I wasn't the immediate favourite with Alucard in the league as well. Won anyway.
unknown.png

And on Nutaku I considered myself the favourite, simply because Shad0w is someone who doesn't play optimally, and hasn't won a league since the point system changed, I think. So yeah, I won.
unknown.png

Screenshots are about 15 minutes before the end.

• Like 6